Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Barring Lovren and Origi, no reputable links to the others IIRC. I'm fine with them and Moreno. Very early days yet and we've 100 million to spend yet.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

K-9 wrote: »
    Barring Lovren and Origi, no reputable links to the others IIRC. I'm fine with them and Moreno. Very early days yet and we've 100 million to spend yet.

Buy andy Carroll 3 times?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

a £35m bid for Reus would show some welcome intent.

at least give ourselves a chance to negotiate with the player and give him a decision to make.

SlickRic wrote: »
    a £35m bid for Reus would show some welcone intent.

at least give ourselves a chance to negotiate with the player and give him a decision to make.

I'd hope with our budget we could make a serious go at getting 1 big signing. I think Barrett or one of those tweeted a while back that Rodgers wants 1 big name.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Okay, and is bony the level you want at your club, he has good stats but have you ever watched him play?

If Sturridge wasn't at the club, I would like someone better than Bony. But Sturridge will be our main striker. For £19 million, Bony is a no brainer to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'd hope with our budget we could make a serious go at getting 1 big signing. I think Barrett or one of those tweeted a while back that Rodgers wants 1 big name.

if we were to have any hope of getting Reus we'd have to overpay on the fee and his wages IMO, but we have to ask those questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

SlickRic wrote: »
    if we were to have any hope of getting Reus we'd have to overpay on the fee and his wages IMO, but we have to ask those questions.

I'm always weary of the type who need that much convincing. If he doesn't want to leave Dortmund we should leave it at that. I don't think throwing the kitchen sink in terms of wages should be the answer.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Reus isn't going anywhere. Already bad reading the other thread full of delusion let alone this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Big name like Jan Vennegour of Hesselink.

Probably bigger if i could spell it properly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Reus isn't going anywhere.

Better us than utd Nuri :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Fescue wrote: »
    He's better than Giroud.

Nah. Giroud has much better hair, imo.

Reus isn't going anywhere. Already bad reading the other thread full of delusion let alone this one.

In all honesty moving to Liverpool is at best a sideways step for Reus, probably a backwards step. I can't see it.

The fact the club are bidding for him doesn't make me delighted that we are going for a big name, it makes me think they are pandering to fans. Which is the last thing any club should do.

At least his link would us would be reasonable. :pac:

Fescue wrote: »
    In all honesty moving to Liverpool is at best a sideways step for Reus, probably a backwards step. I can't see it.

The fact the club are bidding for him doesn't make me delighted that we are going for a big name, it makes me think they are pandering to fans. Which is the last thing any club should do.

If the club could stop ****ing about wasting their time and bid for Griezmann (again, assuming all this true about Reus), I'd be ecstatic, because that is what it is, wasting time, nothing more or less. Griezmann could be our Reus with a bit of the right development under Rodgers, I'm totally convinced he can be as good as Reus is currently in maybe a year or two, but in truth, he's already damn good now.

Reus has said it. His agent has said it. Zorc has said it. Klopp has said it. He's going nowhere, all in the last month and a bit, yet idiots want to believe ITKs and English press.. where there isn't a peep from any Germany press neither. I have absolutely zero doubt he's leaving, just as I did with the Klopp to Man U rumours when all my mates who support them had convinced themselves it was on.

I guess the Reus links with Man U and Liverpool provide a good filter as to who is beyond clueless I suppose, one plus point to all of this tedious crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

0028673 wrote: »
    Fantastic move for him. Gives him the chance to show he can be a Premier League type of class player. He wasn't going to be getting much of a chance with us either, given the ridiculous amount of central defenders that we have on our book.

Ayre is flying out to Spain to complete the Moreno deal for £18M according to the Mirror via El Correo de Andalusia.

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/116361/liverpool-in-sevilla-to-negotiate-transfer-of-alberto-moreno/

If the club could stop ****ing about wasting their time and bid for Griezmann (again, assuming all this true about Reus), I'd be ecstatic, because that is what it is, wasting time, nothing more or less. Griezmann could be our Reus with a bit of the right development under Rodgers, I'm totally convinced he can be as good as Reus is currently in maybe a year or two, but in truth, he's already damn good now.

Reus has said it. His agent has said it. Zorc has said it. Klopp has said it. He's going nowhere, all in the last month and a bit, yet idiots want to believe ITKs and English press.. where there isn't a peep from any Germany press neither. I have absolutely zero doubt he's leaving, just as I did with the Klopp to Man U rumours when all my mates who support them had convinced themselves it was on.

I guess the Reus links with Man U and Liverpool provide a good filter as to who is beyond clueless I suppose, one plus point to all of this tedious crap.

So what you're saying is....we're all cappers.

Ayre is flying out to Spain to complete the Moreno deal for £18M according to the Mirror.

Flanno as RB next season?

Tbh Reus is itk nonsense, pinch of salt. Great move for Wisdom, an example of how to handle loans, hopefully Illori and Suso get good English loans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Ayre is going to throw in one of his Harley Davidson's to sweeten the pot for Reus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

hope suso stays. would like to see that boy play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

It is a really good move for Andre Wisdom. He has the makings of a pretty decent player. He played a lot of games last year at right back for Derby and did well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Did I read today the we made an offer for Lukaku? Is this garbage or credible you reckon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Gandalph wrote: »
    Did I read today the we made an offer for Lukaku? Is this garbage or credible you reckon?

Almost certainly a total crock of shit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Garbage...we're after Reus!!

Deep breaths Mr. Sahin :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

We have a wad of cash to spend so it's safe to say that every agent will be whoring their clients towards us or using us as a stalking horse.

I'm actually beginning to feel sorry for Lukaku, I think he's rapidly in danger of becoming Chelsea's version of Bojan Krkic- not quiet what they want so desperately trying to flog him on potential alone.

Nuri, is Greizmann a realistic target? A few journos seem to think that one or two French clubs will move for him if there's any sign of other interested parties

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

We should expect to have the Reus signing wrapped up by the end of next week so.

That'll be CM sorted for a few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Flanno as RB next season?
    moreno is a left back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Any chance of Maschy coming back to us? Really impressed by his WC performances lately. Maybe the Suarez deal has paved a nice transfer relationship between both clubs?

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    We should expect to have the Reus signing wrapped up by the end of next week so.

That'll be CM sorted for a few years.

And LB!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ok it's time for us to get our minority owner to use his celebrity among basketball loving footballers.

LeBron you're time is now.

VVIP.... Two VV's must have some pull over normal VIP's

Bsb6PTbIEAAzg5Q.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

adriana-lima-net-worth2.jpg

Ok it's time for us to get our minority owner to use his celebrity among basketball loving footballers.

LeBron you're time is now.

VVIP.... Two VV's must have some pull over normal VIP's

We've managed to sneak in Daniel Craig and Vladimir Putin too. Always good to have a few men on the inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Loving this BTsport advert :D

Bowlardo wrote: »
    moreno is a left back

I know.

It will mean Enrique as backup at LB and Flanno/Johnson as RB. Hopefully the former

• Advertisement

Any chance of Maschy coming back to us? Really impressed by his WC performances lately. Maybe the Suarez deal has paved a nice transfer relationship between both clubs?

I wouldn't imagine so, apart from the prohibitive transfer fee Barcelona would require I don't see him fitting into a midfield system where Gerrard plays in a deep role.

I'd sooner a decent Johnson replacement was bought, a real defender, not so much a great attacker as with Gerrard deep in midfield I think that's enough defensive frailty to be exploited.

Bscbr6jCAAAFM-w.jpg:large

Origi's father posted this on Facebook - "My son is going to #LFC and it seems they eat fish (and chips?)", :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Fish & Chips and 20% off justeat, I think its a sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I didn't realise Muller is only 24.

Would love to have him :(

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

Vicxas wrote: »
    I didn't realise Muller is only 24.

Would love to have him :(

Swap ye aspas for him

• Advertisement

billy2012 wrote: »
    adriana-lima-net-worth2.jpg

Was about to say who that but the link as a quote has told me, jaaaaaaaaaaaaysus.

Said it a few times, but I'll say it one more time, thank **** the links with Rojo stopped.

Augeo wrote: »
    Another non soccer poster :)

I only recently signed up to boards, saying hello to Liverpool fans, I'd be a fan but not like most of the chaps on here, have never been to Anfield but my early teenage years were spent listing to BBC radio 5 live in the bedroom hoping Fowler would bag another.

Anyway, I believe Sturridge is in Rodgers' mind more than capable for the required role however he is no doubt aware Sturridge won't be playing every game so I hope his plan B is decent and will be fulfilled.

I'm not too bothered about Sanchez, didn't want to be at Anfield so no harm he didn't come.

I don't see myself posting here again as my soccer knowledge is minimal but I said I'd say hi while I could. I've read this thread for a few years now, it's how I keep up to date with LFC goings on.

Looks like we've been hustled...
    Augeo wrote: »
    I wouldn't imagine so, apart from the prohibitive transfer fee Barcelona would require I don't see him fitting into a midfield system where Gerrard plays in a deep role.

I'd sooner a decent Johnson replacement was bought, a real defender, not so much a great attacker as with Gerrard deep in midfield I think that's enough defensive frailty to be exploited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

load of ****e :(:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

muller is a assassin,id love him at lfc..nerveless finisher,gives everything

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

barone wrote: »
    muller is a assassin,id love him at lfc..nerveless finisher,gives everything

Can we get Messi and Ronaldo while we're at it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

NoelJ wrote: »
    Can we get Messi and Ronaldo while we're at it?

Yes. Yes we can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Picture of markovic in liverpool today so should be announced tomorrow id say?

His medical was penciled in for today, so I imagine so, or Tuesday at the latest.

He's the one on the right

3fadbaa1a4adbc0ecb98a6fa9519a025.png

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement