Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Messi is a crap version of Aspas.

And you all laughed at this >_<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Shame about Reus' injury. Would have been nice to have a World Cup winner in the squad next season like Arsenal or Chelsea, once Pepe is gone anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Sickening to see it end like that, feel so sorry for Masch and Zabelata. Too many extra times coupled with their top men not being fit undone em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Shame about Reus' injury. Would have been nice to have a World Cup winner in the squad next season like Arsenal or Chelsea, once Pepe is gone anyway.

Bah, pity maxi didn't come on to win it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,933 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm guessing this is linked to a deal for Moreno even if they are done as different deals.
    Iago Aspas on the verge of leaving Liverpool for Sevilla on season-long loan

http://http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/iago-aspas-verge-leaving-liverpool-7415689

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

How long is Reus out for? Will he be fit to face Southampton?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

How long is Reus out for? Will he be fit to face Southampton?

He'll be fit for our living in america tour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Alan Hansens last broadcast as well tonight.

Superb player and analyst.

A class apart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

I'm guessing this is linked to a deal for Moreno even if they are done as different deals.

http://http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/iago-aspas-verge-leaving-liverpool-7415689

Poor Sevilla.... :p

So.. When do us newbies get locked out of here? :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

Well, its been a pleasure being around you folks for the World Cup amnesty. Since access requests made during the amnesty won't be processed (boo hiss) its adios until I apply for and get access again. Hopefully soon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

Guessing the amnesty ends at midnight?

I didn't post much in here but I did just want to say, in the nicest way possible, you're all a bunch of bamboo-eating saps.

Oak76 wrote: »

I didn't post much in here but I did just want to say, in the nicest way possible, you're all a bunch of bamboo-eating saps.

Oakley Dokely :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Oak76 wrote: »

Kthanxbai!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Three players from the World Cup that I'd like to see us sign are

Biglia (really impressive last two games)
    Caudrado (next best columbian to Rodriguez)
    Rodriguez (Switzerland)

Note: not the best on show but all would be realistic targets for LFC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Bye :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

meh, what's the point of a loan, unless he horses up the beefcake2000 and learns how to take a corner then we should cut our losses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Despite winning the World Cup, I can't help but imagine how much more dominant that German team would be with a Emre Can.

Anyway what's the word on the likely transfers? Any closer on Origi and Markovic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Akabusi wrote: »
    Three players from the World Cup that I'd like to see us sign are

Biglia (really impressive last two games)
    Caudrado (next best columbian to Rodriguez)
    Rodriguez (Switzerland)

Note: not the best on show but all would be realistic targets for LFC

Fairly sure we were linked with Biglia a summer or two ago, wasnt overly impressed with him myself, didnt stand out, doesnt seem to pick a pass but maybe thats a result of the job hes being asked to do in that Argy midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Despite winning the World Cup, I can't help but imagine how much more dominant that German team would be with a Emre Can.

Anyway what's the word on the likely transfers? Any closer on Origi and Markovic?

Markovic is supposedly in Liverpool today. I assume its being finalised tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

BMJD wrote: »
    meh, what's the point of a loan, unless he horses up the beefcake2000 and learns how to take a corner then we should cut our losses

Likely to do with his wages id imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,933 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

BMJD wrote: »

If he bangs in a few goals we might get our money back on him next season with a sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,674 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

This panda has not been banished yet! Watched sky sports documentary on Maradona wow, very similar to Suarez in a lot of ways in hindsight obv Maradona once in a generation player but Diego in Napoli amazing 86 amazing, that will to win, great upper body strength, utter crazy **** side to him, game changer etc.. :( sad panda wc over, no footy for a month and chompie gone to barca.. But on the upside G and H are just a distant memory now ynwal adios morder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

This panda has not been banished yet! Watched sky sports documentary on Maradona wow, very similar to Suarez in a lot of ways in hindsight obv Maradona once in a generation player but Diego in Napoli amazing 86 amazing, that will to win, great upper body strength, utter crazy **** side to him, game changer etc.. :( sad panda wc over, no footy for a month and chompie gone to barca.. But on the upside G and H are just a distant memory now ynwal adios morder

Preseason starts versus Brondby on Wednesday. Not all doom and gloom :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,674 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Even better no champions league qualifying.. Waves to arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

5live wrote: »
    Alan Hansens last broadcast as well tonight.

Superb player and analyst.

A class apart.

Superb analyst?

If I had been eating cornflakes or looking at a computer screen right now, said cornflakes would be residing on said computer screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

He's the one on the right

3fadbaa1a4adbc0ecb98a6fa9519a025.png

Thoughts on this lad? Seems like a big spend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Los Lobos wrote: »
    Superb analyst?

If I had been eating cornflakes or looking at a computer screen right now, said cornflakes would be residing on said computer screen.

Correct.

He got a little stale in recent years but Hansen knows the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Even better no champions league qualifying.. Waves to arsenal

We didn't win the Fa cup though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Turtyturd wrote: »
    We didn't win the Fa cup though.

True, and when Arsenal qualify they are likely to be top seeds in their group.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

greendom wrote: »
    True, and when Arsenal qualify they are likely to be top seeds in their group.
    Top seeds, flop smeeds. We're fcuking back in it and that's all that matters. Enjoy the qualifiers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

The Mig wrote: »
    Top seeds, flop smeeds. We're fcuking back in it and that's all that matters. Enjoy the qualifiers!

We always do, nothing new this year only that we are signing another WC player. Still top seeds and trying to win it now.

What seed will the pool the be ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'm gonna miss all the new posters.

Apply for access, ye lazy lurking bastards!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Soups123 wrote: »
    We always do, nothing new this year only that we are signing another WC player. Still top seeds and trying to win it now.

What seed will the pool the be ?

Good English

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

We always do, nothing new this year only that we are signing another WC player.

Be careful, World Cup players can be hit or miss
    Still top seeds and trying to win it now.

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Khedira to Arsenal...... oh boy :/

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Good English

Good lad. I was only only asking a question no need for the grammer police

x43r0 wrote: »

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

If you think after the players they have signed and are trying to sign they are not going to try win it then you don't understand how football works.

That said winning it and trying to win it are too very different things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Nuri was mentioning yesterday that Antoine Griezmann could be like our Reus, I would have to agree with him. Outstanding player don't know why we have not tried to get him yet and instead we have spent 20m on Markovic (who most admittedly know nothing about).

I would imagine though if Sociedad would be open to a sale, PSG would be first in line for him. Realistically though is the exact calibre of player we should be going for.

The Mig wrote: »

Thanks ! And maybe it's not such a bad thing. You could well end up playing Barcelona before Suarez is back from his ban.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

greendom wrote: »
    Thanks ! And maybe it's not such a bad thing. You could well end up playing Barcelona before Suarez is back from his ban.
    Its a big assumption that Suarez ban won't be reduced before the season starts, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Its a big assumption that Suarez ban won't be reduced before the season starts, tbh.

Would love to meet Barca in the group stage

Yes, that did cross my mind. Does the arbitration panel the appeal is being made to have a habit of over-turning/reducing punishments ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,674 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

8-10 wrote: »
    Would love to meet Barca in the group stage

So would i , would be electric viewing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭jem

Looking at the players we have been linked with/ have signed to be honest I am under whelmed.
    BR seems to have forgotten the mistakes made by his predecessors in paying an "english premium" (include players currently playing in England.)
    I do know we needed to increase our squad this year.

With the money we now have from the sale of our only true world class player we need to spend on some world class players. We need to make a statement to the world that we are back where we belong and use the money to push on.
    This is one of the times that less is more. less numbers of players bought but of a higher class. Look at Spurs last year who bought loads and loads of players with the bale money and in fact went backwards.

We should be going after the likes of hummels as opposed to lovern,
    Benzema as opposed to bony
    James Rodriguez as opposed to Jay Rodriguez

An outside chance would be modric with all the talk of Toni Kroos going to madrid and more talk of James Rodriguez going there as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

jem wrote: »
    Looking at the players we have been linked with/ have signed to be honest I am under whelmed.
    BR seems to have forgotten the mistakes made by his predecessors in paying an "english premium" (include players currently playing in England.)

With the money we now have from the sale of our only true world class player we need to spend on some world class players. We need to make a statement to the world that we are back where we belong and use the money to push on.
    This is one of the times that less is more. less numbers of players bought but of a higher class. Look at Spurs last year who bought loads and loads of players with the bale money and in fact went backwards.

An outside chance would be modric with all the talk of Toni Kroos going to madrid and more talk of James Rodriguez going there as well.

Given the size of our squad last year and the extra games well play in CL this season less is most definitely not more. Factor in the physically demanding high energy style we play and it pretty obvious we need a lot more depth.

Would love us to get a marquee signing but we absolutely need a few of the underwhelming ones too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Spring Onion

x43r0 wrote: »

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

Who is she? She's lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Who is she? She's lovely.

Jennifer Lawrence, my good Sir.

And she is indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Swansea say they have not received any offers for Bony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Cjs21 wrote: »
    Swansea say they have not received any offers for Bony.

Thank ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

jem wrote: »

Definitely agree with this. Don't mind the Lambert & Can deals. Relatively low fees & low risk, adds to squad depth. Lallana seems to be what BR wanted so I hope it works out, but the fee is in the territory that you start to think, if we added another £10m to that we'd get an established world class player. Same now with Markovic. Of course, he could turn out to be great, but it's a risk and alot of money to be spending on potential. Same with Origi.

Would prefer if we went for the Hummels, Vidal, Reus & Benzema standard of player and, if we can't do those deals, start working our way down. But some of the potential fees/release clauses being mentioned for those players are similar or only slightly more than players we are currently targeting (e.g. Hummels & Lovren, Benzema & Bony - as pointed out above). If Reus' release clause is €35m and we can agree personal terms we should be definitely looking to do a deal there - that's only about £8m more than Markovic.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement