Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Khedira to Arsenal being touted again by some of the journos. If we aren't in for him then I dont know what I will do but I won't be best pleased.

Would be an ideal signing for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

joe123 wrote: »
    Khedira to Arsenal being touted again by some of the journos. If we aren't in for him then I dont know what I will do but I won't be best pleased.

I think he'll sign for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

8-10 wrote: »
    I think he'll sign for them.

Apparently Chelsea are trying to hijack it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

About 6 years too late, but that's a great signing for Arsenal if they manage to get a player of Khedira's ilk.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

He wants Albert square, not Concert square!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Rumour is we're to bid 45 million for Reus.

Fantastic signing if true

Vicxas wrote: »
    Rumour is we're to bid 45 million for Reus.

And to be swiftly told to, "Fuck off".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Knex. wrote: »

Some papers ran with a story over the weekend that Reus wouldnt go to united because he wanted champions league football, if true we do have a chance of landing him even if its a slim chance.

Cjs21 wrote: »

They even managed to fit Arda Turan into that one.

Fair play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Perhaps, but at least we are showing a bit of ambition if true

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

That article also says Vidal to UTD is close.

F*ck everything.

NukaCola wrote: »

I'll be as delighted as anyone if we do sign him. I'm fairly sure I mentioned him on here when he was with Mönchengladbach, even.

But I can't see it happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

This. We've a wad of cash to spend. Wave it in front of some club for a truly great player and see what happens. If we're told to **** off then so be it, at least we tried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

About 6 years too late, but that's a great signing for Arsenal if they manage to get a player of Khedira's ilk.

Shame we built that pesky Emirates stadium. We could have bought all the players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Ah jesus I can't wait for the season to start. World Cup withdrawals already!

I HATE pre-season games but I can see myself streaming as many as I can this summer. Cannot wait.

greendom wrote: »
    Shame we built that pesky Emirates stadium. We could have bought all the players

Literally nothing to do with what was posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

Jaysus, I can still post here!

We wouldn't have a hope of landing Reus I'd say, but I wouldn't object to us at least enquiring about him. Griezmann would be a superb (and more realistic) alternative. He's going to be a super player.

Jaysus. You'd swear I slated the Club.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Tony Barrett @TonyBarretTimes · 11m
    Liverpool baffled by reports linking them with Marco Reus and insist they've shown no interest in him despite suggestions to the contrary.

Shock and ****ing awe, truly. Now sign Griezmann, Manolas, Moreno and Moses at least, and be done with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Not even going to bother getting my hopes up over that Turan talk.

Well maybe just a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Some papers ran with a story over the weekend that Reus wouldnt go to united because he wanted champions league football, if true we do have a chance of landing him even if its a slim chance.

We would never get Reus, but there is always a 0.0000001% of landing him :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Shock and ****ing awe, truly. Now sign Griezmann, Manolas, Moreno and Moses at least, and be done with it.

Expect to see him leaning at Melwood tomorrow.

Moses, that is.

LFC baffled that they are being linked to a talent like Reus? Thats embarrassing.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I can strike of Aurier from my wacky wishlist, signing for PSG. Probably can replace his name with Van der Wiel though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

LFC baffled that they are being linked to a talent like Reus? Thats embarrassing.

Maybe they are baffled because he is already a LFC player :P

Jaysus. You'd swear I slated the Club.

Just stating the fact that that type of signing would have been impossible 6 years ago. I didn't think you were slating, apologies if it came across that way :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I can strike of Aurier from my wacky wishlist, signing for PSG. Probably can replace his name with Van der Wiel Moses though.

FYP Nuri :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Cjs21 wrote: »

Jesus, The Guardian? That actually reads like something from goal.com.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

gafferino wrote: »
    That article also says Vidal to UTD is close.

F*ck everything.

Yes, it says that "multifunctional midfielder" (as opposed to those midfielders that can only do one thing) will only cost them £31.8m. Hmmmm....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Cavani would be a great signing if its true he wants to join the PL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

MD1990 wrote: »
    Cavani would be a great signing if its true he wants to join the PL.

Aye, needs to step up though!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Cavani has been Aguero at the world cup-esque any time I have seen him

Markovic and Origi are grand, both highly rated but we need somebody like Griezmann who are ready to go on to the next level, surely we'd be attractive to a player like that, he'd be one of our star players with CL football, good coach and the potential to be a club legend.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Soups123 wrote: »
    Good lad. I was only only asking a question no need for the grammer police

Just as well. They'd have arrested you for the way you spelt 'grammar'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

When are the World Cup lads back in training?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Why is it embarrassing?

Linked means that there is some sort of deal on, but there isn't so that is why they are baffled.

Huge mistake - did London really need another library?

mosstin wrote: »
    Huge mistake - did London really need another library?

Indeed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Signing Markovic ahead of Griezmann when we have 2 younsters like Sterling & Coutinho & also Ibe coming through isn't a great move imo. Griezmann is a superb talent & a brillant goalscorer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Xfer window.

Chess, not checkers.

Especially with the amount of money everyone thinks we now have in our sky rocket.

I'd be interested to read suggestions from those who think Bony wouldnt be good enough for us give names of who will come to us for less than 100k a week and dont already have CL next season. Fact is, we wont be paying over 70-80k a week for any new player imo and that should be very obvious given the last 2 years. We can afford it for 1 or 2 players but the club wont pay it, its time we got used to it. Its just the reality of the situation.

The only way this club attracts the players we would like is sustained CL appearance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

daithijjj wrote: »
    Xfer window.

Chess, not checkers.

Especially with the amount of money everyone thinks we now have in our sky rocket.

I'd be interested to read suggestions from those who think Bony wouldnt be good enough for us give names of who will come to us for less than 100k a week and dont already have CL next season. Fact is, we wont be paying over 70-80k a week for any new player imo and that should be very obvious given the last 2 years. We can afford it for 1 or 2 players but the club wont pay it, its time we got used to it. Its just the reality of the situation.

The only way this club attracts the players we would like is sustained CL appearance.

Why is this important?

MD1990 wrote: »
    Signing Markovic ahead of Griezmann when we have 2 younsters like Sterling & Coutinho & also Ibe coming through isn't a great move imo. Griezmann is a superb talent & a brillant goalscorer.

In fairness it's early days and we all know by now that's the way the club operates, arguably mixed results so far with FSG. Still Suarez was 23/24, admitedly we got him on 40k a week, but there has to be players like Griezmann we can get. As daithi says though its unlikey we'll sign somebody looking for over 100k but there still are quality options.

daithijjj wrote: »

The only way for a sustained CL presence is to get in quality players.
    Sometimes you need to overpay to get quality. We are overpaying on average to decent players. Here's a list of linked and signed players.

Markovic
    Bony
    Origi
    Lallana
    Moreno
    Can
    Lovren

Whats the one thing in common other than they wont walk into our first 11. They've all had 1 maybe 2 good seasons under their belt. Yet they will cost approx £100m-120m combined. I know we need to bulk our squad but theres a balance to be met in terms of quality.

Why is this important?

Because our club has a definite ceiling on what they will offer and we can auto exclude names who we can get given the criteria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Sometimes you need to overpay to get quality. We are overpaying on average to decent players. Here's a list of linked and signed players.

Markovic
    Bony
    Origi
    Lallana
    Moreno
    Can
    Lovren

Whats the one thing in common other than they wont walk into our first 11. They've all had 1 maybe 2 good seasons under their belt. Yet they will cost approx £100m-120m combined. I know we need to bulk our squad but theres a balance to be met in terms of quality.

I thiink Markovic, Bony, Lallana and Lovren would go straight into the team.

Every year people complain about signings but don't offer alternatives.

Demand marquee signings despite the club not making a proper one since they bought Torres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,933 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This coming season will now be a season of consolidation I believe.

Making the top 4 again is the most important thing.

What looks like happening now is building a stronger squad and bench comapred to last season.

We lost our star player but not just his goal and his assits but what we will miss most is his work rate.

That work rate looks to be replaced with Lallana and Can and even Lambert who all seem to have a history of running till they drop.

One CL after so many seasons away isn't going to be a draw to a so called marquee name.

We need to be getting CL year in year out to get the attention of these marquee players and the money that goes with CL helps pay the marquee players wages.

If we miss the top 4 this season and sign 1,2 or 3 marquee players this season we could easily find ourself right back where we were under H&G.

Markovic
    Bony
    Origi
    Lallana
    Moreno
    Can
    Lovren

From that list, Lallana/Lovren/Bony/Moreno come straight into the first XI imo. Simply dont pay 20m under this 'regime' for squad filler.

To me, the obvious common denominator with all those players is that we can improve their wages and those improved wages come under our budget. We are paying the fee's because these players are taking wages we are comfortable with.

Perhaps my standards have been lowered by what i see happening above Rodgers. Just calling a spade a spade. Everyone knows the names we were linked with over the last few years that didnt come. People thought CL would cure most of that, reality isnt the same though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

I would be hugely underwhelmed if we signed Cavani. Hugely. Thankfully, there's nothing to suggest that we're in for him.

• Advertisement

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    I would be hugely underwhelmed if we signed Cavani. Hugely. Thankfully, there's nothing to suggest that we're in for him.

Me too. Cavani - that lad who scores all the goals? Who needs that? Down with this sort of thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement