Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

mormank wrote: »
    It must be really annoying constantly havin to play with inferior players with inferior in game intelligence etc.

Well, the whole idea of being a team is supporting each other :)
    If the few reports are true what come out of him berating the younger less popular teammates, or ones that come with a high price tag and utlimately get them sold by the club because they dont pass to Messi, or hand picking the manager they want then that would be seen as being a bit of a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Wouldn't surprise me to see Sterling or Reus get it.

Personally I think Reus should have to earn it first! Maybe in a couple of years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Personally I think Reus should have to earn it first! Maybe in a couple of years!

True, he can have it when he completes 100 metres in 7.7 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

You're giving him too much leeway there...

0-100kph in less than 3s should be his target

You're giving him too much leeway there...

0-100kph in less than 3s should be his target

Is he that fast?....I can see why we are in for him then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

x43r0 wrote: »
    Some Arsenal fans had their Jimmies severely rustled by the new BT sport ad.

One even made his own version as payback :rolleyes:

lets-get-ready-to-rustle.jpg

Lol even funnier none of those games where on BT :)

Lol even funnier none of those games where on BT :)

In their defence it's more inventive than starting a petition to get the videos removed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

brevity wrote: »
    Ya, I think this as well. I'd say Suarez was a huge factor in him knuckling down and focusing on his football.

Would be nice for us to get in some experience in that area so that Sterling could continue to grow.

Well yeah, but I was thinking more of the understanding between the 2, Suarez really seemed to look out for him in matches, so I'd imagine the same in training. Still I do think Sterling developed i the 2nd half of the season and will benefit from all that.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I wonder which Arsenal fans here cancelled their subscription.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Just heards Blatter's vote of confidence in Suarez. Don't worry he says, Luis will "rebuild his career" now he's playing for one of the greatest teams in the world.

We'll show you Blatter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

We should hopefully have a clearer picture on how fast he is after we loan him back to Dortmund for the year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭mormank

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Well, the whole idea of being a team is supporting each other :)
    If the few reports are true what come out of him berating the younger less popular teammates, or ones that come with a high price tag and utlimately get them sold by the club because they dont pass to Messi, or hand picking the manager they want then that would be seen as being a bit of a problem.

Ah yeah I agree, it's just something I've always thought about the likes of Messi and Ronaldo. It must be annoying watching the likes of Rodrigo coming on later fumbling chance after chance in front of goal etc...Even Higuain should have scored but fluffed his lines badly. I remember it used to annoy me as a kid playing anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

taidghbaby wrote: »
    We should hopefully have a clearer picture on how fast he is after we loan him back to Dortmund for the year!

Loan him back until Suarez loan back to us is over, around Nov1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Bt have brought out a second Arsenal advert :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Bt have brought out a second Arsenal advert :D

I reckon it's no coincidence that the guy in the car looks like Fabregas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I'm not sure why BT are rubbing arsenal fans the wrong way. But its hilarious :D

Vicxas wrote: »
    I'm not sure why BT are rubbing arsenal fans the wrong way. But its hilarious :D

Worst TV station in the world, just like ex Liverpool analysts are the worst in the world! I enjoy the "banter" with the Arsenal fans on here though.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Somebody link that to Sanchez and Khedira, for the craic like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Just putting the pre season friendlies into the calendar now, some juicy run outs for the lads. Roma, Olympiacos, City, Milan and Dortmund. Hopefully get to see some of the fresh new signings in action before the season starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Is this Markovic?

BshVXU4CYAAytsy.jpg

• Advertisement

Is the BT owner a Spurs fan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

That is Markovic in the picture alright. Will hopefully be official tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Since we are talking about BT. The Brondby game is being shown on Wednesday :)

Just seen the BT advert, spine tingling. What a fecking mad season we had!

Contrary to rumours started by 'The Kerrigooney' I do not work for BT, but I would be willing to give one of those videos a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Since we are talking about BT. The Brondby game is being shown on Wednesday :)

Is it on BT or Setanta?

Rickayyyyy reporting for training two days early

BshanufCcAA7zl7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Rickayyyyy reporting for training two days early

BshanufCcAA7zl7.jpg

Really excited to see him score for the pool.

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Is this Markovic?

BshVXU4CYAAytsy.jpg

It's not Mark Hughes anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

murpho999 wrote: »
    I thiink Markovic, Bony, Lallana and Lovren would go straight into the team.

Every year people complain about signings but don't offer alternatives.

Demand marquee signings despite the club not making a proper one since they bought Torres.

For who?

Don't see Bony starting ahead of Sturridge, or them playing together to often TBH.

If we were to sign Lovren then I'd imagine he will start. Left or right CB I have no idea!?? Never seen Lovren or Sakho on the right. Part of a 3 man perhaps?

Don't see Markovic starting ahead of Sterling/Coutinho/Lallana.

Think Lallana will walk into the team. Midfield or either WF forward position.

Markovic is the one that worries me, especially for 25M. I know he is highly rated but I'd I rather spend a little bit more and buy someone a bit more established,and someone who would be currently an improvement on what we have, especially with Suarez gone. And I'll be honest, he has never overly impressed me when I have seen him.

Griezmann is a player I would definitely be interested in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,932 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

billy2012 wrote: »

If we were to sign Lovren then I'd imagine he will start. Left or right CB I have no idea!?? Never seen Lovren or Sakho on the right. Part of a 3 man perhaps?

Lovren is right footed. So Lovren on the right and Sakho on the left would be the starting CB pairing if he signed

Lallana and Lovren would be starters for me. The Markovic one is a bit strange, obviously the club rate him highly.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Good ol reliable Marca saying that we originally offered €20m + €1m add-ons + a friendly for Moreno before proceeding to backtrack like idiots and bid €15m which stopped negotiations a couple of weeks ago.

Also, Varane is seeking clarification over his future with Real as he's unhappy with playing a bit part role last season. If he's available, we have to throw 30M at Real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

murpho999 wrote: »
    I thiink Markovic, Bony, Lallana and Lovren would go straight into the team.

Every year people complain about signings but don't offer alternatives.

Demand marquee signings despite the club not making a proper one since they bought Torres.

Have you even seen Markovic play?

Bony for who? Sturridge? Sterling? Coutinho?

Lallana would compete with Coutinho/Sterling most likely and if Lovren was signed he would replace Skrtel but I wouldnt be overly convinced hes an upgrade on him.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Good ol reliable Marca saying that we originally offered €20m + €1m add-ons + a friendly for Moreno before proceeding to backtrack like idiots and bid €15m which stopped negotiations a couple of weeks ago.

Also, Varane is seeking clarification over his future with Real as he's unhappy with playing a bit part role last season. If he's available, we have to throw 30M at Real.

Ayre will prob bid a a packet of Banshee Bones and a Dime bar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭0028673

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

I got put in my place for making such a suggestion!

If Varane is available we would be long shots to sign him but it would be some coup to pull it off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Ayre will prob bid a a packet of Banshee Bones and a Dime bar

Question. Is there a better packet of old 10p crisps than Banshee Bones? Answer. No, there is not.

Question. Is there a better packet of old 10p crisps than Banshee Bones? Answer. No, there is not.

Bikers say hello.

Seems legit

BshlaZRCYAAeHxf.jpg

• Advertisement

Bikers say hello.

Fcuk, what a shout that is.

How can we start a poll?

These two are defo in, anybody else got any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I have seen Markovic 5 or 6 times for Benfica & Serbia. He is a very good dribbler but he atm is not a big goal threat at all & is lacking in the final third. I would have preferred us go for Iturbe who I feel is a better talent. But Griezmann is the most obvious player we should go for imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Fcuk, what a shout that is.

How can we start a poll?

These two are defo in, anybody else got any suggestions?

Hot lips were good too.

Old Monster Munch

Foil packets ruined everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

As I'm sure you all know (and apologies if discussed already) tickets for first half of the season go on sale to members at 815am tomorrow. I signed up for the first time this year so am hoping to pick up tickets for a couple of the games.

Does any one know how the process works? Is it fastest finger first (like say a Garth brooks concert) or do tickets get randomly assigned to those who register interest in them? Anyone got any recommendations for maximizing my chances of picking up some decent matches (Everton would be ideal obviously.. ;) )

Cheers

• Advertisement

klose wrote: »
    Hot lips were good too.

Yes, yes, yes!! This is the stuff we need to talk about, the stuff that is really important. The football transfer talk is all bollix itk nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

MD1990 wrote: »
    I have seen Markovic 5 or 6 times for Benfica & Serbia. He is a very good dribbler but he atm is not a big goal threat at all & is lacking in the final third. I would have preferred us go for Iturbe who I feel is a better talent. But Griezmann is the most obvious player we should go for imo.

Hes still capable of doing something like this.

I like him as a player, i think The Rodgers will get the best out of him and help him develop, also his pace will easily cause trouble regardless. £25m is steep enough i suppose but bags of potential there.

So far we have

Banshee Bones
    Hot Lips
    Bikers
    Old Monster Munch (the new ones are only good for smoking heroin off the bag)

Any other entrants to the 'Ireland's greatest old crisps when I was in school competition?'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭0028673

Burger bites

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Has there been any indication that Johnson wont be our first choice right back next season? Anything been said by anyone reliable? As far as I can see the club are fairly happy to keep him on board as first choice, which is infuriating. Its such a glaring weakness. I'd be looking to improve right back before left back

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement