Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

delw wrote: »
    Sorry lads but what's with all the feckin crisps posts.

The Pandas like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

delw wrote: »
    Sorry lads but what's with all the feckin crisps posts.
    Is it how many packets we can buy with the Suarez money or something :pac:

It's how we'll tempt Reus away from Dortmund. Genius, I tell you! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

BsiB6LLIMAA8JC7.jpg

Looks like Markovic is all done unless Andy Carroll is back?

Somebody say crisps? PandaRockingCrisps.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Aspas going on a season long loan to Sevilla according to Tony Barrett.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

K-9 wrote: »
    Sam Spudz smokey bacon was nicer than Tayto, rancheros or waffles, and I don't say that lightly! We are blessed in Donegal with Sam Spudz and McDaids Football Special and Banana (best hangover cure ever).

You need to try Hunky Dorys Buffalo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Jesus the reus rumours are staying :D

madalig12 wrote: »
    You need to try Hunky Dorys Buffalo!

McCoy's Flamed Grilled Steak.

Fucking nom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I think we can all agree that Snax have gone to sh1te over the last couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I bloody hope that Aspas deal has sweetened things with Sevilla. Let's bring in Moreno and finally look at a RB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

murpho999 wrote: »
    BsiB6LLIMAA8JC7.jpg

Looks like Markovic is all done unless Andy Carroll is back?

Too soon Man, too soon.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Slight arousal at this on my FB feed. The Guardian is a top quality source too, probably the best there is after The Mirror.

ScreenShot2014-07-14at230122.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

The Guardian
    And Liverpool are reportedly in advanced talks with Chelsea over a £26m deal for Romelu Lukaku. Everton will not be pleased.

Rodgers has also trained his sights on Marco Reus and is hoping a £45m bid will be enough to lift the Borussia Dortmund speedster from his double misery of missing out on Germany’s World Cup-winning campaign through injury and a dream move to Barcelona after the Catalans opted to sign Suárez instead.

b3NMYdJ.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

It reads like teamtalk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

It reads like teamtalk.

"Do it for Marco".

Has a nice ring to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Our history of players with long hair is fairly sh!te so yeah if you could cut that ridiculous mop lazer that would be great

klose wrote: »
    Our history of players with long hair is fairly sh!te so yeah if you could cut that ridiculous mop lazer that would be great

Torres was at his most powerful for us with long hair.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Gandalph wrote: »
    Slight arousal at this on my FB feed. The Guardian is a top quality source too, probably the best there is after The Mirror.

ScreenShot2014-07-14at230122.png

The rumours section is where all the junk that aren't proper stories go.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Times say that Remy’s £8M buy out clause only applies for clubs that finished in the top 4 last season. Everton and Spurs would have to pay £11M. Anyone not in top six would have to pay £15M. Remy’s advisers have definitely held talks with Liverpool.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I believe a certain Fernando rocked the long hair, maybe he lost it all when he cut it :P

• Advertisement

LF0Vz6K.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

It has to be Johnny Onion Rings. When you absolutely, positively have to repulse every motherf*cker in the room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I believe a certain Fernando rocked the long hair, maybe he lost it all when he cut it :P

Samson-like.

Or more appropiately

Samsung-lite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,932 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Daily Mail are going with Southampton wanting Martin Kelly.

I see a deal for Lovren coming.

Maybe send a few of the younger player down there on loan to say sorry for taking all there players :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

As I'm sure you all know (and apologies if discussed already) tickets for first half of the season go on sale to members at 815am tomorrow. I signed up for the first time this year so am hoping to pick up tickets for a couple of the games.

Does any one know how the process works? Is it fastest finger first (like say a Garth brooks concert) or do tickets get randomly assigned to those who register interest in them? Anyone got any recommendations for maximizing my chances of picking up some decent matches (Everton would be ideal obviously.. ;) )

Cheers

Well you will not get any tomorrow. Tomorrow's sale is for members who have 14 games or more and only for cat a and b.

Wednesday tickets for cat c go on sale for all.

Thursday then is a free for all for cat a and b apart from Everton you need 8 games from last season for that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Somebody say crisps?
    PandaRockingCrisps.jpg

That pic reminds of something...

Yeah Samson there defo,

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Times say that Remy’s £8M buy out clause only applies for clubs that finished in the top 4 last season. Everton and Spurs would have to pay £11M. Anyone not in top six would have to pay £15M. Remy’s advisers have definitely held talks with Liverpool.

No brainer for that type of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

5live wrote: »
    Samson-like.

Or more appropiately

Samsung-lite.

Samsonite?

Also, for the pro side of long haired players - Patrik Berger.
    Loved that man.

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    LF0Vz6K.png

He'll never live that down which is kind of apt in a way. The Guardian gossip piece strikes me as them taking the piss out of the more outlandish tabloid stories, and they do it quite well.

5starpool wrote: »
    The rumours section is where all the junk that aren't proper stories go.

True! But then theres andy, the greek, poulson. Few others i think :p

Poulsen doesn't count - not really long hair, and Kyrgiakos for me is definitely a Pro rather than a Con.

The Daily Mail are going with Southampton wanting Martin Kelly.

I see a deal for Lovren coming.

Maybe send a few of the younger player down there on loan to say sorry for taking all there players :)

Probably best for Kelly, him and Coates are kind of the forgotten men.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

True! But then theres andy, the greek, poulson. Few others i think :p

Sami hyypia to counter your argument :P

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Poulsen doesn't count - not really long hair, and Kyrgiakos for me is definitely a Pro rather than a Con.

You can't diss Kyriakos! In fairness for 2 million he did a job, our top scorer in 1 month IIRC. Shows you what a joke the club became at the end of H and G and what Rafa had to deal with.

• Advertisement

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Sami hyypia to counter your argument :P

Ha, forgot about samii perhaps I shouldn't make should a broad statement :P

Anyways, cant see kelly going going as it would only leave facking glen johnson at rb seeing as wisdom is apparently off on loan again too. Flanno is naturally rb i guess so who knows what side he will play next season.

Craig Johnston is another long haired success for those that remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Remy for £8m? What the **** is the club playing at just sign him. let me guess we wouldn't agree to his wage demands which for any other club are perfectly reasonable.

rob316 wrote: »
    Remy for £8m? What the **** is the club playing at just sign him. let me guess we wouldn't agree to his wage demands which for any other club are perfectly reasonable.

Can't imagine he'd be on big wages, thought Ashley learned his lesson in that respect, though he's now offering players 6 year contracts. Great if it works but disaster if not!

Can't imagine he'd be on big wages, thought Ashley learned his lesson in that respect, though he's now offering players 6 year contracts. Great if it works but disaster if not!

Newcastle never owned him - we'd be buying from QPR. Good chance they ('Arry) had him on some stupid contract alright.

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Newcastle never owned him - we'd be buying from QPR. Good chance they ('Arry) had him on some stupid contract alright.

Forgot about that, God knows what QPR gave him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Football transfer rumours: Romelu Lukaku and Marco Reus to Liverpool?

Sauce: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/14/the-rumour-mill-lukaku-reus-liverpool

7rf5z.jpg

Anybody have the Guardian link on Reus?

Anybody have the Guardian link on Reus?

Kate Cohen has an article on, "Why Marco Reus would be a good fit for Liverpool".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Kate Cohen has an article on, "Why Marco Reus would be a good fit for Liverpool".

Behave yourself Knex ;)

Stargate wrote: »
    Behave yourself Knex ;)

I thought I was. I didn't even add the link :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

I thought I was. I didn't even add the link :P

Ha

I hear we are buying Gary Alexis Medel , i cant remember where i saw it posted maybe you could add the link for me Knex , Ta there's a gent !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Just saw M'Vila has gone to Inter on loan and looks like they are getting Medel too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭mormank

Alan Hansen - Player and Pundit;

For anyone who missed it or anyone who wants to see it again.

Really enjoyed that. Thanks for posting. I always knew Alan was a very classy centre back but still some great footage that I hadn't seen before, like that sitter Dalglish missed after Hansen lobbed the ball over the whole Utd defence (I think it was) with an absolutely sumptious dink over the top of the whole team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement