Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Screen-Shot-2014-07-15-at-8.59.25-AM.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Aspas is gone? Good. Rubbish signing.

Hopefully we're not signing more Iagos so far this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Only on loan unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

For all the abuse my mates give me about Aspas...he made 6 starts!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

This mornings paper gossip:

Arsenal lose out on getting Khedira due to his high wage demands...... Good news for us if true.

Daily Express - Liverpool lining up a 44million bid for Reus :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Too much smoke for it not to be true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭mormank

jonny24ie wrote: »
    This mornings paper gossip:

Arsenal lose out on getting Khedira due to his high wage demands...... Good news for us if true.

Daily Express - Liverpool lining up a 44million bid for Reus :D

Ya wouldn't know who to believe really but you have to feel like Rues is dreamland stuff, we will probably be linked with him for a few days and then that will be the end of that bar some posts later in the transfer window saying 'Oh, I remember we were linked with Rues a while ago, whatever happened to that?'.

Well so far we have signed Can and supposedly Markovic, both of whom have only had one decent season in a top league (top 5 or 6 anyway) so in that sense they are similar. That is where the similarities end tho I'm afraid so we should be right. Lallana and Lambert are fairly known quantities to be fair, very much unlike Aspas when he arrived, so again, we should be right. Oh and Lambert will be a cult hero pretty quickly too if he isn't one already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Whatever about the likelihood of Reus agreeing to come to Liverpool, do people actually believe we're making a bid or is that bull****?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Has anyone recently tried linking a friends membership to their own account on the Liverpool website?

Im trying to link a membership and it keeps saying "Customer already part of your friends and family group", yet they are not showing on my linked accounts list.

When he logs into his account it shows me. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It is pie in the sky stuff, there would be a long list of clubs Reus would be interested in before us. Griezmann would be a much more realistic signing and potentially as good.

Still Reus in a Liverpool shirt would be amazing, Sterling, Sturridge and Reus upfront would be a quality trio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

it's more othellos we need not iagos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Some info on Markovic...
    Tor-Kristian Karlsen ‏@karlsentk
    A few posts coming up to expand a bit on Lazar Markovic
    I've followed his career since making Partizan debut, talent and potential obvious from the point of breaking into the first team (1/5)
    Tor-Kristian Karlsen @karlsentk
    Top European sides were monitoring him back then, most of those impressed by his great ability though some concerns re "frail" physique(2/5)
    In terms of potential there's no doubt in my mind that Markovic is among the top 3-5 greatest talents in European football (3/5)
    Main characteristics: great ability on the ball (close control, touch), explosive/very quick in one vs one situations, intelligent (4/5)
    Transfer fee may seem high but if player develops according to expectations/potential, he could (should) be worth x2 in 18-24 months (5/5)

Tor-Kristian Karlsen is a Norwegian football scout and executive, formerly the chief executive and sporting director at Monaco. He has previously worked as a scout for Grasshopper, Watford, Bayer Leverkusen, Hannover and Zenit St Petersburg and as sporting director for Fredrikstad FK

http://www.theguardian.com/profile/tor-kristian-karlsen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

brevity wrote: »
    Some info on Markovic...

Tor-Kristian Karlsen is a Norwegian football scout and executive, formerly the chief executive and sporting director at Monaco. He has previously worked as a scout for Grasshopper, Watford, Bayer Leverkusen, Hannover and Zenit St Petersburg and as sporting director for Fredrikstad FK

http://www.theguardian.com/profile/tor-kristian-karlsen

Thought I went back in time there and was reading about Milan Baros !!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Really hope Vidal does not go to United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

rob316 wrote: »
    It is pie in the sky stuff, there would be a long list of clubs Reus would be interested in before us. Griezmann would be a much more realistic signing and potentially as good.

Still Reus in a Liverpool shirt would be amazing, Sterling, Sturridge and Reus upfront would be a quality trio.

I agree the actual transfer isn't likely. What I'm wondering is it beyond the realms of possibility that we've actually made a 45mill bid for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

joe123 wrote: »
    Has anyone recently tried linking a friends membership to their own account on the Liverpool website?

Im trying to link a membership and it keeps saying "Customer already part of your friends and family group", yet they are not showing on my linked accounts list.

When he logs into his account it shows me. :confused:

You need to get them to link there card to yours in order for you to see them in your friends and family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

just hurry up and buy Remy FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

You need to get them to link there card to yours in order for you to see them in your friends and family.

Already done :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

why would the club refute the Reus rumours? Does this mean all the other rumours are accurate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

why would the club refute the Reus rumours? Does this mean all the other rumours are accurate?

Possibly, go all Bill Clinton on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

It was a bit of a punt and the critics got that one right. I suppose with Can and Markovic we are buying potential, the latters price is a bit worrying tbh. As mormank said Lambert is a much better signing than Aspas, as would be Remy for maybe not that much more. I don't have a problem with the signings so far, fills out the squad and gives Rodgers options which he didn't really have much of, think everybody wants 1/2 automatic first team starters.
    Vicxas wrote: »
    Possibly, go all Bill Clinton on it.

Hmmmmmm, I deny sexual relations with that man!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

SlickRic wrote: »
    just hurry up and buy Remy FFS.

just to elaborate on this, I think if we buy Remy, including the purchase of Markovic, we may have enough in the forward positions, so we can focus more money and effort on the backline and midfield.

it's a complete no-brainer of a signing for £8m, unless he's demanding £100k a week or more in wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

It could be the opposite and by saying were not in for him we could be in for him like rodgers has done at various press conferences with a little smerk.

clinging on to hope :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Anyone think that Remy's less than reputable character will stop Rodgers from signing him?

I do.

He's always banging on about dressing room character and all that jazz, so someone of his alleged ilk may be something he wants to avoid.

Personally, I couldn't care. I don't hold footballers up to me some bastion of morale values, so if he puts the ball in the net I'm sure I'd get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Knex. wrote: »
    Anyone think that Remy's less than reputable character will stop Rodgers from signing him?

I do.

He's always banging on about dressing room character and all that jazz, so someone of his alleged ilk may be something he wants to avoid.

Personally, I couldn't care. I don't hold footballers up to me some bastion of morale values, so if he puts the ball in the net I'm sure I'd get over it.
    As long as that attitude doesn't effect the other players in the team which i think it inevitably would.

Has his charge been sorted?

SlickRic wrote: »
    just to elaborate on this, I think if we buy Remy, including the purchase of Markovic, we may have enough in the forward positions, so we can focus more money and effort on the backline and midfield.

it's a complete no-brainer of a signing for £8m, unless he's demanding £100k a week or more in wages.

Knowing us, we'll buy all the attackers! Sturridge, Remy, Borini, Lambert, Markovic, Coutinho, Sterling and a versatile Lallana isn't bad as a squad but I'd expect one stand out player. I suppose we don't know the score with Borini yet, could possibly upgrade a squad player for a first teamer.

Actually if that happens and say we got £7/8 Million for Borini, bought somebody for £20/25 Million, Aspas probably sold next Summer, we could have some great options in attack for less than the Suarez money. Would leave £65 Million or so for the rest of the team. It wouldn't be the worst way to spend £130 Million efficiently. Lovren, Moreno, Can and still a nice chunk left over. Back up keeper and anybody but Johnson and we'd be pretty well rounded, DM probably our weakest area.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Has his charge been sorted?
    It was dropped, iirc.

It must surely be a danger bringing in someone that may disrupt the harmony in the dressing room that was evident last year.

We all know that footballers are inclined to indulge themselves somewhat while the opportunity is available and that can lead to problems like Remys. The fault can be on both sides, footballers that feel entitled and women that look for the lifestyle that accompanies footballers. I don't know where the fault lies but i would be wary about his signing for that reason.

Knex. wrote: »

I do.

For £1m more than it cost to buy Apas last year the transfer committee or Rodgers would be crazy not to buy him even if they just played him in cup games it would be worth the money.

His resale value would be better than season long loans if he failed at the club like Aspas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭0028673

It looks like his wages could be anything from £75K - £100k.

His a very good goal scorer who can play out wide right as well and I think he would complement the fluid inter changing system that Br likes to implement.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/jan/18/qpr-loic-remy

http://www.givemesport.com/333532-loic-remy-admits-interesting-wages-helped-him-choose-qpr-over-newcastle

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20140715/atletico-madrid/en-inglaterra-insisten-con-arda-turan-al-liverpool_54411112515.html

Basically if Liverpool want Arda, Atleti have said they'll have to cough up €40M.

Meanwhile, Trabzonspor to hold talks with #DareToKolo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20140715/atletico-madrid/en-inglaterra-insisten-con-arda-turan-al-liverpool_54411112515.html

Basically if Liverpool want Arda, Atleti have said they'll have to cough up €40M.

I like Arda but I really don't think he is worth that sort of money. Better value to be had.

Woof! Not gonna happen then. :( Not sure Remy is a no brainer either tbh, even at 8mill to be perfectly honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I think all the players you sign wont make up for losing Suarez, like spurs lost Bale. despite his problems, he is a fantastic finisher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

I think all the players you sign wont make up for losing Suarez, like spurs lost Bale. despite his problems, he is a fantastic finisher

Spurs finished last season 3 points down without Bale 2012/13 72pts 2013/14 69pts),

If we can replicate that (84 -> 81) I'd be ok with it.

rob316 wrote: »
    I like Arda but I really don't think he is worth that sort of money. Better value to be had.

I agree but when you convert it to £'s (£31m) it's only £5m and change more than we allegedly paid for Lallana.

Spurs finished last season 3 points down without Bale 2012/13 72pts 2013/14 69pts),

If we can replicate that (84 -> 81) I'd be ok with it.

Yup I'd bite your hand off right now for that.....no wait I wouldn't. That would ruin the whole fun of the season. Can you imagine how dull last season would have been if we all knew the outcome before the season started? Roll the dice, I've only been waiting my whole life to taste title winning glory, what's another season or two!!

Its a different situation to Spurs.

Liverpool have a manager going into his 3rd season and his philosophy is cemented into the current players. Spurs had a new manager with a different way of playing. It wasn't working and he was sacked only to be replaced with a two bob manager.

There's only 2 players in the world that could replace Suarez so it's about spreading the money around the squad.

Goals for will probably fall but I don't mind that once there's a significant fall in goals against.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

rarnes1 wrote: »

Liverpool have a manager going into his 3rd season and his philosophy is cemented into the current players. Spurs had a new manager with a different way of playing. It wasn't working and he was sacked only to be replaced with a two bob manager.

There's only 2 players in the world that could replace Suarez so it's about spreading the money around the squad.

Goals for will probably fall but I don't mind that once there's a significant fall in goals against.

This.... no need to replace all 30 goals if we leak 20 goals less in the coming season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

I agree but when you convert it to £'s (£31m) it's only £5m and change more than we allegedly paid for Lallana.

Nope.

Bournesmouth has a 25% Sell-on-Fee for Lallana, and they only got 4M.
    Cherries to receive £4million in Lallana deal

It was initially reported that Lallana had been sold by Southampton for fee in the region of £23-28million, with the Cherries set to receive 25% of the fee due to a sell on clause which had been installed following his move from Dean Court at the age of 12.

That would have seen AFC Bournemouth receive a fee in the region of £5.75million and £7million from the sell-on clause.

However the Daily Echo 's Neil Meldrum posted on Twitter ...

'#afcb understood to have received a fee in the region of £4m from the Lallana to #lfc deal.

'Lots of complexities regarding the fee for Lallana to #lfc, hence the #afcb 25% being around £4m.

Read more: http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=362414#ixzz37XGmMacH

That means Lallana only costs us 16M. But that one will possibly have Performance-related Add-ons. But it's still nowhere near the Region most like to Spout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

We obviously can't replace Suarez with another Suarez. That player doesn't exist. We also can't replace him with a player as good as Suarez, because that player would be too expensive. But the players we seem to be replacing him with are too far below his level in my opinion. When we signed Suarez he was 23/24 and already an excellent player, with the potential to be one of the best. That is the type of player we should be going for, but none of our targets fall into that category. Maybe Markovic is in that bracket, but he doesn't seem nearly as established as Suarez was when we signed him.

True that, Spurs were a bit of a joke last season and still managed a point total that often gets 4th, we are much more settled and barring Suarez aren't really in fear of losing our best players.

That's a fairly original and outlandish opinion on Suarez.

Nope.

That means Lallana only costs us 16M. But that one will possibly have Performance-related Add-ons. But it's still nowhere near the Region most like to Spout.

That's why I said we allegedly paid for Lallana ;)

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Nope.

This will go over or amiss by opposition fans, no doubt. 16M is a fair price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I think we'll bridge the gap his goals will leave between the likes of Sturridge, Lambert, a muted 3rd striker, Sterling, Coutinho, Lallana and Markovic. All of these guys know where the net is and they should be able to significantly ease the goal quota in Suarez's absence.

But, the problem is replacing Suarez's general play and overall contribution. How do you replace that explosiveness he possesses, the ability to turn a game on its head in one fell swoop? There are so few players in the world who possess such ability, so it's a bit of a mute point telling us we're going to miss it. Of course we are, like any other team would in such a scenario.

I believe, however, that Rodgers is revamping the attack dramatically, taking away an onus on a spearhead like Luis. The amount of attacking options (and it's not over yet) we have now to shift gears in a game is staggering TBH, and that's what excites me about the coming season.

Even when Luis was at his best, there was a certain predictability about us. We had nothing on the bench, absolutely fcuk all and if the two lads up front weren't on song, teams knew they could confidently frustrate us and tough out a result.

That predictability is gone now, and we are now much more well equipped to handle games that are going against us (assuming the spending continues). I firmly believe that.

I am genuinely optimistic about next season simply because I believe Rodgers is quietly assembling the squad that he's always wanted; one that is flexible and fluid in terms of both tactics AND manpower.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    That's a fairly original and outlandish opinion on Suarez.

Yep, it's a bit like saying we need 1 or 2 first team starters. It's silly season and a quiet time so it will get repetitive. I've no doubt Rodgers is on the same hymn sheet as us, they went after Sanchez so it does seem to be a priority. We've a huge budget and 6 weeks left yet.
    This will go over or amiss by opposition fans, no doubt. 16M is a fair price.

Probably about spot on.

Last season was such an outlier it's easy to get carried away. 70/80 goals would be pretty good going in any season, I'm not sure we have that yet though. More signings!

DM is the glaring weakness in who we've been linked to so far, Can/Lucas/Gerrard are hardly confidence instilling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Being reported now that our interest in Moreno is over

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement