Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I beginning to doubt it all, to be honest. What with the possibility of us all being rarnes1 and now you doubting your very existence.
    No, I'm rarnes27;)

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

punk_one82 wrote: »
    I think Tony Barrett has already said it was him who used the word "baffled" and it's now being reusedReus-ed everywhere as a supposed quote from a Liverpool source

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

punk_one82 wrote: »
    I think Tony Barrett has already said it was him who used the word "baffled" and it's now being reused everywhere as a supposed quote from a Liverpool source

Ya just seen it on his twitter, who is he to break a mans dream?! :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

is Tony Barrett reliable ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

ricero wrote: »

As reliable as they come by all accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Yep, found him to be useful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Was queuing for beer this morning at the home coming parade and as I was wearing my jersey a few Germans were quizzing me about the Reus rumours and telling me that they wished Suarez was German. Crazy basterds.

Are we supposed to be signing Reus btw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Seems we're being linked with Ballotelli now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Seems we're being linked with Ballotelli now.

Milan rumored to be willing to sell him for as much as 15 million pounds. that is a steal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Milan rumored to be willing to sell him for as much as 15 million pounds. that is a steal

Yeah that's ridiculous, at 15 million, we should be all over that like white on rice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Liverpool sign Balotellied.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Yeah that's ridiculous, at 15 million, we should be all over that like white on rice.

If people are concerned about Remy and his attitude we shouldn't be anywhere near Balotelli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭mormank

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Now just to convince the FA/FIFA/UEFA that we must play 13 players in each match.
    FIFA shouldn't be a problem, they seem to bend over backwards when it comes to accomodating Suarez :D

Good luck with that, they don't respond well to outside of the box type requests. Their preference is mockery it would seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

The Mig wrote: »

Thats only Benfica's 50%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The Mig wrote: »

For their 50% share of the player. So 25m in total, or so it reads.

Yoda Translate:
    The Sport Lisboa e Benfica - Futebol, SAD, in compliance with Article 248 of the Code of Values
    Securities announces that it has reached agreement with Liverpool FC for the transfer of the rights outright
    sports and 50% of the economic rights they held athlete Lazar Markovic's for the amount of €
    12,500,000 (twelve million five hundred thousand euros)

Thats only Benfica's 50%
    Ah got excited. Must brush up on my Portuguese :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Even though "that" transfer window went horribly, we still got Henderson out of it. While £16M looked a lot, he is definitely proving his worth now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

I'd love Liverpool to sign Balotelli purely for the craic involved with him anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,111 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'm genuinely excited by Markovic.

Reminds me of when we singed Coutinho. This young attacking midfielder that I knew was highly rated but only seen live like twice. Thinking that we could never sign a player like him, but then we go around and do sign them.

Yay!! :)

• Advertisement

slingerz wrote: »
    I'd love Liverpool to sign Balotelli purely for the craic involved with him anyway

That's the thing, he's 90% sideshow 10% performance, Suarez was the opposite. Leave Mario in the Serie A semi-retirement home, and just wrap up the Reus deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I was against signing Balotelli, but for 14m that's a risk worth taking imo. He's worth that for comedy value alone :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

Turtyturd wrote: »
    That's the thing, he's 90% sideshow 10% performance, Suarez was the opposite. Leave Mario in the Serie A semi-retirement home, and just wrap up the Reus deal.

tbf Suarez was 50/50 when it came to sideshow v performance. And thats not a slight on his performances just that the sideshow that went with him was extravagant as well.

IMO Balotelli wont happen and its more likely to be Bony with Lacazette being an outside chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Even though "that" transfer window went horribly, we still got Henderson out of it. While £16M looked a lot, he is definitely proving his worth now!!

For sure, while the City result last season was amazing losing Hendo for those games was a huge blow.. never thought id say that about him. Who knows how the run in would have panned out had he being available.

Id hope that lallana workrate coupled with Henderson renlentless running will ensure our midfield wont be bypassed and overrun like it did too many times last season only for SAS brilliance to bail us out.

I still hope BR has a quality DM in mind but it doesn’t seem likely which is worrying. Lucas cant be depended on and Can has to be given a chance to develop into BR way of playing.

If Vidal is indeed available i cant believe we are not in for him, What a midfield we would have then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Still waiting for the first leaning Markovic pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Re : Reus rumours.

I wrecken the rumour was made up by Arsenal fans trying to take the p!ss and it just kept going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Still waiting for the first leaning Markovic pictures.

Apparantly transfer confirmed by Benfica twitter and will be on LFC website at 5.

EDIT: Scratch that, seems to be all BS like a lot of stuff on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

No "that" transfer window included Cole, Konchesky, Poulsen et al!

Shocking stuff!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Re : Reus rumours.

I wrecken the rumour was made up by Arsenal fans trying to take the p!ss and it just kept going

Well i blame Turty for that:-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

taidghbaby wrote: »

Shocking stuff!!

You forgot the greatest player in the world Milan Jovanovic:pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

taidghbaby wrote: »

Shocking stuff!!

You guys are talking about different windows I think...the one you're talking about was Hodgson's (which did at least include Meireles).

The one he's talking about was Dalglish's, signing Charlie Adam, Enrique, Henderson and Downing.

On Markovic, I feel pretty good about this move, but from my Benfica supporting buddies praise, and the fact we've been tracking him for 2 or 3 years now.

I first did a bit of searching on him back when we were reported to be interested in him when he was 17 - just found the article I read back then, might be interesting for some.
    Scouting report on 17 year old Markovic; http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/15198/7540650/sky-sports-scout-lazar-markovic

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

d267a04acf869a4ba8e786d4e39d6c8a.png
    99c0613ba51b28ca8e7e23bf7426d17b.png
    ab6877ee438e8cd7a42607589dea783a.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Looking forward to the first commentator to pronounce his name "laser" , plenty of puns in there for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I am pie wrote: »
    Looking forward to the first commentator to pronounce his name "laser" , plenty of puns in there for them.

Ugh, you just know the rags are gonna be all over it;

"Lazer shoots Liverpool to victory"

Im excited about Markovic but I still think the money could of been spent on a player for the present. Maybe Markovic will blow us away and hit the ground running I don't know, I just feel this isn't a time to be building a team to spring a surprise challenge for the league in another 5 years.

Markovic is at the right club if he wants to develop though and if he puts his head down coupled with his talent I'm sure Rodgers will make him a top player.

• Advertisement

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Nuri I don't think I have seen your opinion on Lazar, I would be interested to hear from you as you know your stuff about the European players out there.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Ugh, you just know the rags are gonna be all over it;

"Lazer shoots Liverpool to victory"

Ray of light leaves his Mark-o-vic at Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

rob316 wrote: »
    Im excited about Markovic but I still think the money could of been spent on a player for the present. Maybe Markovic will blow us away and hit the ground running I don't know, I just feel this isn't a time to be building a team to spring a surprise challenge for the league in another 5 years.

Markovic is at the right club if he wants to develop though and if he puts his head down coupled with his talent I'm sure Rodgers will make him a top player.

That's the thing about BR he seems to want to develope players rather then buy the finished article . I mean his 180 page dossier that he presented to FSG would have probably included a blue print on developing young talent .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Ray of light leaves his Mark-o-vic at Liverpool

Vs Burnley....

Lazar Burns through clarets..or

Lazar Burns at Turf Moor

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Thought that was his quote there for a second, Jesus.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Thought that was his quote there for a second, Jesus.

Shankly quotes could become this year's lean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Kingdom wrote: »

It is a huge worry that a proper destructor/stopper hasn't been identified though. Definitely the defensive side of the game will need to be tightened losing Suarez. I don't believe that Steven Gerrard was a success in the role last season, and to me it's a huge weak link in a very good line-up. His offensive attributes are excellent, but for me there was just too much fraility in the middle of the pitch, and if it isn't resolved, then I just don't see the season past being replicated, this is compounded by the signings Liverpool's rivals have made, because these teams will exploit this weakness next season.

yup this is it, it showed with England as well, with Henderson and Gerrard in the middle I can't see us replicating last year

Shankly quotes could become this year's lean.

Blocking the sponsor on the training shirt is this years lean.

BsmcAjSCMAEpv4Q.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Leaning maybe

5392__4402__lazar_markovic_signing_03_513X396.jpg
    9532__7564__lazar_markovic_signing_06_513X396.jpg

First Interview short version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

"Laser" :P - has a good attitude, and I watched an obligatory YouTube compilation the other day, me likey....

;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

No pressure Laser!

Lots of people on twitter saying his name is pronounced as 'Lazza'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Let's hope he does better than our last Serbian, eh ;)
    https://www.youtube.com/embed/kYbtbUHRXyY

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement