Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Absolute joke lfc did nothing wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Vicxas wrote: »
    How long did Cantona get for the kick?

8 months.

Rio Ferdinand was banned for 9 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Errr well..

Uruguay Representative claims the federation is considering not playing vs Colombia because of the Suárez ban.

Please let this happen......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I hope Liverpool appeal this decision by FIFA.

They can't according to some but who knows? FIFA seem to be kinda making it up as it goes along.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Vicxas wrote: »
    How long did Cantona get for the kick?

8 months.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Errr well..

Uruguay Representative claims the federation is considering not playing vs Colombia because of the Suárez ban.

Oh my oh my

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Iago Aspas JuncalVerified account
    @aspas10
    I am ready

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

The problem now is that Suarez is clearly being treated by the authorities as a delinquent case who refuses to learn. So if he throws an elbow or does something equally mad, the bans are just going to get worse. This isn't about biting anymore.

This is it.

Very harsh on Liverpool but at this stage how the ****ing penny hasn't dropped with him that the spotlight has been very much focused on him for years now and you can't carry on like that is crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Errr well..

That country needs to stop behaving like that short arse down the pub who yells stuff at the tall guy who accidentally brushed his arm at the bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

ricero wrote: »

What did Uruguay do wrong? That's a ridiculous argument. They're punishing the player not the team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

I hope Liverpool appeal this decision by FIFA.

There is no grounds for appeal
    Only option is the courts now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

ricero wrote: »

What did lfc do wrong when he bit ivanovic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

aspas.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Errr well..

LOL what are they smoking over there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Errr well..

toys+out+pram.jpg
    BMJD wrote: »
    LOL what are they smoking over there?

Well didn't their president recently legalise pot...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The delight from 1 or 2 Liverpool. Supporters is the strangest reaction....not including Mike, that was expected. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭35cent

Errr well..

Would be interesting if this actually happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

People think Liverpool have been punished and did nothing etc, they aren't being punished the Player is, if they wish they can release the player or sell him, they bought Suarez after he had already committed a similar act he did it again and they stood by him so now they have to accept the consequences of his actions. Nobody forced Liverpool to buy him or keep him after the previous acts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Turtyturd wrote: »
    The delight from 1 or 2 Liverpool. Supporters is the strangest reaction....not including Mike, that was expected. :pac:

I've always been a lateral thinker, or maybe just one who's unbalanced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

aspas.gif

:mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

8 months.

And remember - United did nothing wrong...

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I'm going to check out odds for top goalscorer in the EPL and Champions League, as well as POTY I think. Knowing this mad yolk, he'll probably top last seasons performances :pac:

edit - no change as of yet.

PFA award is 6/1
    EPL Top Goalscorer is 5/1

That will drift big time hopefully.

I'm going to check out odds for top goalscorer in the EPL and Champions League, as well as POTY I think. Knowing this mad yolk, he'll probably top last seasons performances :pac:

I wouldn't like to be The Premier League come November.....

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Optimus Caesar

kfallon wrote: »
    I wouldn't like to be The Premier League come November.....

Considering he can't train with the club while banned, how long do we think it'll take him to get up to speed?

He's brought it on himself. FIFA have confirmed that he can be transferred while banned and I have admit that I wouldn't be opposed to that happening.

Remember he is also rather ridiculously not allowed to train with the team during his ban so even when he comes back he wont have trained properly in months. I know Suarez is a bit of a freak but you would imagine it could take him a few weeks to even regain match sharpness.

Or else he scores a hat-trick his first game back.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

club ban is bigger than International ban.

Yes that makes fúcking sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Fifa's level of retardation never ceases to surprise. They should be run out of town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Considering he can't train with the club while banned, how long do we think it'll take him to get up to speed?

He's brought it on himself. FIFA have confirmed that he can be transferred while banned and I have admit that I wouldn't be opposed to that happening.

Can't even train. :( You can only hope he keeps himself up to scratch. No point in selling him now as his price will have dropped by half since last Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Feck the international ban couldn't care about it but to punish Liverpool is harsh,
    i know it's the player thats being punished by fifa & rightly so but club level is a bit much
    Knee jerk reaction is "sell sell sell"
    Shocked by the ban :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Edit : haters must be creaming themselves

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Remember he is also rather ridiculously not allowed to train with the team during his ban so even when he comes back he wont have trained properly in months. I know Suarez is a bit of a freak but you would imagine it could take him a few weeks to even regain match sharpness.

Liverpool would easily have the resources to employ an army of personal trainers to run Suarez ragged for the 4 months.

Or make him employ them himself, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

For people saying they were expecting worse.. what the hell were ye expecting? This is a disaster of a ban. Can't believe that not only he's banned till November but he can't even train.

He won't be match fit till December at the earliest if the ban remains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Will he be allowed to play Fifa 14 with Enrique?

spockety wrote: »
    Liverpool would easily have the resources to employ an army of personal trainers to run Suarez ragged for the 4 months.

Or make him employ them himself, etc.

He can do his own stuff and keep fit but it's still not proper training with the other players.

Or else he scores a hat-trick his first game back.

How on earth are they going to enforce that? Will they count him going out for a jog as training for example or even him kicking a ball against a wall?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

C'mon lads...

As fantastic a player as he is, and as much as he did for us last season, this is the THIRD time he's bitten someone AND faced sanctions for it!

It's not like he couldn't have expected this yet he refuses to learn. You can't go around BITING other players FFS!

FIFA have acted correctly in this case IMO. They are the sport's governing body so any questions about "jurisdictions" won't apply either.

Considering Cantona was banned for 8 months, he's gotten off lightly really considering it's his 3rd offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Dublinfan

Wonder About the Upcoming Fifa 15 Mascot And cover Deal imagine now that will be scrapped they wont be able to have him as the cover star after this

Agueroooo wrote: »

I do wonder if this is an attempt by FIFA to get back at the FA considering the noise they've been making about the Qatar WC? Possibly tin foil hat stuff but stranger things have happened...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I wonder how long before some Liverpudlians burn his house down ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Dublinfan wrote: »
    Wonder About the Upcoming Fifa 15 Mascot And cover Deal imagine now that will be scrapped they wont be able to have him as the cover star after this

Dublinfan. Asking the big questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

MD1990 wrote: »
    Will he be allowed to play Fifa 14 with Enrique?
    Yeah but he will be banned from playing fifa 15

Agueroooo wrote: »

Uruguay probably arrange a load of friendlies every week against Mexico or someone so his ban is up by Xmas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Uruguay probably arrange a load of friendlies every week against Mexico or someone so his ban is up by Xmas!

they could just make it a competitive game ban so..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

I think the mental impact of this will be extremely tough. He already blames the English press for the way they treated him last time out, this time the uruguayans are framing it as a fit up by the english & italian press (surely tv images should reduce the whole photoshop debate?) , can't see him happily returning to blighty.

We're gonna have to house him in Dublin or Belfast, fly him in and out to do his work and let him live in Ireland. We'll look after you nibbles, never mind those nasty english!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

and we wait to see the consistency ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

This has to be one of the worst decisions that FIFA have ever taken. Total nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Errr well..

In fairness I think Uruguay are just about crazy enough to do it. Hadn't realised they are a tiny country, pop. around 3M and football mad. They've got this "fighting spirit" thing in their culture where this could get ugly fast for FIFA.

I'm rooting for Uruguay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Some of you boys are clued in but some of you are off your heads.

Liverpool haven't been punished. Your player has bitten opponents three times now. He's been punished and rightly so. Liverpool are collateral damage. Unfortunate but necessary. He bit someone three times. FIFA aren't the cause of the problem. Suarez is.

As for the suggestion FIFA are getting back at the FA over Qatar? Really? Really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

From what I've read, once the initial 4 month period is over he's allowed to play friendlies with the ban only counting in competitive fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Thud

but can the club train with him? training is moved to Luis's gaff.

I'd imagine they will appeal this or find a loophole....training behind closed doors, sneak him in etc

gimli2112 wrote: »
    In fairness I think Uruguay are just about crazy enough to do it. Hadn't realised they are a tiny country, pop. around 3M and football mad. They've got this "biting spirit" thing in their culture where this could get ugly fast for FIFA.

I'm rooting for Uruguay.

FYP :pac:

:(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement