Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Todays squad...

The Reds' squad in full is: Jones, Agger, Coutinho, Lucas, Allen, Ilori, Borini, Suso, Ibe, Kelly, Coady, Skrtel, Flanagan, Adorjan, Smith, Phillips, Rossiter, Wisdom, Jones, Ward, Teixeira, Peterson, Stewart.

Thought adorjan was gone, only one striker too by the looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Senior stars such as Agger, Joe Allen, Philippe Coutinho, Lucas Leiva and Martin Skrtel are joined in Scandinavia by a number of returning loan players and Academy youngsters.

After spells away from Anfield last season, Fabio Borini, Conor Coady, Jordon Ibe, Tiago Ilori, Suso and Andre Wisdom are all selected in the group to take on a side that finished fourth in the Danish league last season.

A host of starlets from the Reds' U18s and U21s have also travelled, including defender Kevin Stewart - who signed a professional contract with Liverpool earlier this month.

The Reds' squad in full is: Jones, Agger, Coutinho, Lucas, Allen, Ilori, Borini, Suso, Ibe, Kelly, Coady, Skrtel, Flanagan, Adorjan, Smith, Phillips, Rossiter, Wisdom, Jones, Ward, Teixeira, Peterson, Stewart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

So with the Moreno deal dead we still need a LB. Davies, Bertrand and Rodriguez seem to be the names linked over the last few weeks. I'd be happy with Rodriguez, don't really care for Bertrand but it could be a smart signing (the last Chelsea reject did alrite here......not Moses) and Davies I admittedly havnt seen much of.
    What I did see of Davies was he was tidy and good with the ball at his feet, I couldn't really comment on his defensive contribution.

Anyone know much on Davies, could he be a Liverpool level player?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

If we weren't willing to go over 16 mill to 20 mill for moreno then we aren't going to be in for Rodriguez, he would cost more again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

rob316 wrote: »
    So with the Moreno deal dead we still need a LB. Davies, Bertrand and Rodriguez seem to be the names linked over the last few weeks. I'd be happy with Rodriguez, don't really care for Bertrand but it could be a smart signing (the last Chelsea reject did alrite here......not Moses) and Davies I admittedly havnt seen much of.
    What I did see of Davies was he was tidy and good with the ball at his feet, I couldn't really comment on his defensive contribution.

Anyone know much on Davies, could he be a Liverpool level player?

Davies > Bertrand and Rodriguez over both of them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Turtyturd wrote: »
    No smoke without fire, I'd say it's a formality now.

BspmukNIgAAhYqo.jpg

Reus on Formby beach. Rumour has it he's just waiting on Ayre to get back from completing the Aspas loan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Connavar wrote: »
    The echo were saying the moreno deal was off yesterday, and I would trust that a lot more than the mirror one

But if they are both saying the same thing surely you should trust them equally?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

klose wrote: »
    Todays squad...

I presume Agger will get the full game, maybe even as captain? Great game for him.

• Advertisement

Davies > Bertrand and Rodriguez over both of them

Really? So Davies would be a good signing for the LB slot so even at around £10m

Could be a good time to look at Juve players.

This will sound crazy as fcuk I know I don't even know why I thought of it but anyhow what about..

35 year old Pirlo for 1 season even if he just plays a hand full of games letting the younger players train and watch and play alongside him would be amazing for them.

Also jersey sales lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

No smoke without fire, I'd say it's a formality now.

Himself and Griezmann in the same team should be fun to watch.

8-10 wrote: »
    I presume Agger will get the full game, maybe even as captain? Great game for him.

Hopefully illori gets a decent amount of time too, interested to see suso too. Will miss the game myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

x43r0 wrote: »
    You need to be on and waiting at 8.15 to have any decent shot of getting tickets

Can you put yourself into the queue before 8.15 or do you have to log in by 8.15 sort of thing?

Knex. wrote: »
    Himself and Griezmann in the same team should be fun to watch.

Provided he can hold down his place against stiff competition from Bertrand.

Would also love us to hijack any Vidal move so long as he proves he's fast enough.

• Advertisement

Really? So Davies would be a good signing for the LB slot so even at around £10m

Davies has two full season playing for a team that plays similar to us compared to Bertrand who has played less then 40 PL games and is 4 years older than Davies.

So yes Davies is worth the extra £2m compared to paying £7/8m for Bertrand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

If we weren't willing to go over 16 mill to 20 mill for moreno then we aren't going to be in for Rodriguez, he would cost more again.

no you're looking at iit the wrong way. It's not that they are not willing to spend 20mill on a left back. They are not willing to spend 20mill on a left back they believe to be worth 16mill.

Could be a good time to look at Juve players.

This will sound crazy as fcuk I know I don't even know why I thought of it but anyhow what about..

35 year old Pirlo for 1 season even if he just plays a hand full of games letting the younger players train and watch and play alongside him would be amazing for them.

Also jersey sales lol

As much as I love Pirlo, I really don't think he would suit the premier league. The high pressing teams aren't going to stand around and watch him play. Italian league is much slower IMO.

Provided he can hold down his place against stiff competition from Bertrand.

Would also love us to hijack any Vidal move so long as he proves he's fast enough.

He'd have to be at least as fast as Johnson if he wants to take the RB slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Todays squad...

Wheres Can? He has been training with the squad.

• Advertisement

gafferino wrote: »
    Wheres Can? He has been training with the squad.

Gone to a waterpark with livinginkorea.

Davies has two full season playing for a team that plays similar to us compared to Bertrand who has played less then 40 PL games and is 4 years older than Davies.

Oh ya I know that but ability wise does he have it in his locker to go on to the next level?

Oh ya I know that but ability wise does he have it in his locker to go on to the next level?

Over Bertrand yes.

But that is why I said Rodriguez over both of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    There should be a sense of urgency about the club this summer for sure. The time is now.

The time is always now.

As much as I love Pirlo, I really don't think he would suit the premier league. The high pressing teams aren't going to stand around and watch him play. Italian league is much slower IMO.

My tongue was firmly in my cheek saying Pirlo.

Could you imagine those who said Gerrard's legs are gone (myself included) saw a high paced Liverpool team with Gerrard and Pirlo in it :pac:

They would break there keyboards giving out on the internet about it.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

joe123 wrote: »
    Can you put yourself into the queue before 8.15 or do you have to log in by 8.15 sort of thing?

Not that I know of - Just be in the queue at 8.15 and hope for the best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

*Awaits Liverpool interest in Vidal* Please BR make a bid for this lad :(

Damm we lost out on Tello ( Gone to Porto) that damm Ian Ayre really should be sacked right now the man just can't get any deal done! :pac:
    Thank you for not doing that deal Ian.
    :p

No match thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Todays squad...

Few notable absences there. Enrique, Robinson, McLaughlin, Yesil, and Can. Enrique has been out of the squad for so long you have to wonder will be ever be the same player again! Probably expect Can to get his first game on Saturday.

Borini will get a chance to start upfront, so it's vital for him that he can grab a goal and use this chance to play his way into the team. There's also going to be some interesting battles between some of the younger lads. There's not room for all of Teixeira, Peterson, Adorjan, Ibe and Suso. For a few of the older lads, this pre-season will be their last chance to make it at this club.

Keep an eye on young Adam Phillips if he gets some game time. He's only just joined as a highly thought of scholar and he must be impressing if he's going into the senior squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Can, Lallana Markovic and Lambert are all at Induction this week, Fire Safety and Bullying in the Workplace today.

No match thread?

Potential first outing for the Match Thread Panda Saps tonight. Hopefully the new signings settle in nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Can, Lallana Markovic and Lambert are all at Induction this week, Fire Safety and Bullying Biting in the Workplace today.

FYP :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Vidal is a superb player and better than anything we have in midfield tbh but I still wouldn't have an interest in him. We have Hendo and lallana to do the box to box job. The money could be spent on more pressing needs. Vidal as a deep lying playmaker/dm Would be a waste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Vidal is a superb player and better than anything we have in midfield tbh but I still wouldn't have an interest in him. We have Hendo and lallana to do the box to box job. The money could be spent on more pressing needs. Vidal as a deep lying playmaker/dm Would be a waste.

Well said sir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

I think any Juventus player who has a bit of respect for the club and their fans would find it incredibly difficult to make a straight move to Liverpool unfortunately. That being said they completely stitched us up with Poulsen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

noodler wrote: »
    Money in:

-CL = 40M
    - Suarez = 75M

All the new sponsorship deals for the club last season too .

Money out:

Markovic = 20m
    Llalana = 25m (lets say)
    Lambert = 6m
    Can = 10m

Leaves us with 55m left to my mind assuming the owners don't fund anything using thier "own" cash.

[\quote]

I think there is close to 100 million left for transfers at this stage . Didn't FSG say a lot of the loss where put on the books over the last few years so they could comply with FFP when LFC got back into the champions league .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Chelsea with Felipe Luis now.

we need to shore up our backline, and pronto.

Another stellar signing from Chelsea getting in Felipe Luis. Great player.

Liverpool have fallen way behind already for next season and not a ball kicked. Especially if Arsenal end up signing Khedira.

Such a shame that we aren't capitalising on last season. The time to bring in proven quality was now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Another stellar signing from Chelsea getting in Felipe Luis. Great player.

Liverpool have fallen way behind already for next season and not a ball kicked. Especially if Arsenal end up signing Khedira.

Such a shame that we aren't capitalising on last season. The time to bring in proven quality was now.

There's roughly 45 days until the window closes and we've barely scratched the surface in spending the Suarez cash. Just cool your jets and relax, things will happen.

There's roughly 45 days until the window closes and we've barely scratched the surface in spending the Suarez cash. Just cool your jets and relax, things will happen.

The League kicks off in 32 days. You can bet that Rodgers wants the main bulk of players in by then. We aren't even being linked with anyone that would go straight into the first 11.

We haven't even attempted to bring in someone near 60% of Suarez level. Moreno deal collapsed and now we are linked with another "potential star" signing with Ben Davies.

No sign of us even attempting to bring in someone that can control the midfield or compete with Gerrard for his position.

Unless we are doing excellent work at keeping our business out of the media (which is very unlike Liverpool) I am seriously concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

No sign of us even attempting to bring in someone that can control the midfield or compete with Gerrard for his position.

Unless we are doing excellent work at keeping our business out of the media (which is very unlike Liverpool) I am seriously concerned.

How many central midfielders do we need? We already have Gerrard, Henderson, Allen, Lucas, Can and Lallana can probably play in there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

How many central midfielders do we need? We already have Gerrard, Henderson, Allen, Lucas, Can and Lallana can probably play in there as well.

he wants a star name like Pogba, Vidal etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

Chelsea pay 20 million (football365.com) for 28 year old Filipe Luis (29 next month)
    Liverpool won't pay 20 million for 22 year old Moreno (22 two weeks ago)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Names that all strike fear into any top premiership side. We could do with a new big name there.

• Advertisement

slingerz wrote: »
    he wants a star name like Pogba, Vidal etc.

Please don't assume for me thanks.

If people believe that Gerrard will be able to maintain a high standard week in week out with Champions league matches in between then I dont know what way they are looking at it.

We leaked goals last season partly down to the fact we had no defenisve midfield cover. If Khedira is available we should be going in for him.

Lucas showed last season he is struggling. Lallana cannot play defenisve mid either.

By all accounts Lucas is surplus to requirements. Think it was James Pearce of the Echo who stated that we are willing to listen to offers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Good points tbh.

And I find it curious that Rodgers publicly criticised the Spurs scattergun approach spending the Bale money last season and seems to be repeating exactly what they did.

Not that I don't think some of these signings will be successful, but he has done exactly what he said he wouldn't.....buy several 20 million pound players instead of one 50 million pound one.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

K-9 wrote: »
    Mirror reporting in their transfer gossip section that the Moreno deal is off (take with pinch of salt) but saying we are in for Griezman (it's on) but so are Monaco (grabs salt cellar again).

€30 Million buy out clause apparently.

Salt cellar indeed, but it'd make sense if Rodriguez is indeed off to Real. Like for like replacement in Griezmann.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Seaba wrote: »
    Chelsea pay 20 million (football365.com) for 28 year old Filipe Luis (29 next month)
    Liverpool won't pay 20 million for 22 year old Moreno (22 two weeks ago)

Well Felipe Luis is far more proven/better than Moreno, let's not forget that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Kirby wrote: »
    Good points tbh.

And I find it curious that Rodgers publicly criticised the Spurs scattergun approach spending the Bale money last season and seems to be repeating exactly what they did.

Not that I don't think some of these signings will be successful, but he has done exactly what he said he wouldn't.....buy several 20 million pound players instead of one 50 million pound one.

I don't think that is the case at all . 32 days left of the transfer window and all the big name players are on holiday as we speak . I'm sure LFC will start signing more players as they come back off their breaks . People need to cool the jets and just relax . Look at the costa transfer fee agreed seemingly weeks ago and he only signed for Chelsea in the last few days . So I'll wait another two weeks before meltdown mode .

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement