Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Coutinho, Suso, Tex all starting. Thats going to be fun to see.

Interesting to see Rossiter getting a run out too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Knex. wrote: »
    Really, really interested in seeing how Illori looks this pre season.

Im regards to illori do you think he be kept or loaned again this season ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If the Moreno deal is dead and Davies is off to Spurs I would rather drop down to the Championship and have a look at someone like Cresswell rather than go for Betrand.

Righsided fullbacks I'd like us to look at are Clyne (Southampton really would screw us on price and you can't blame them) and Trippier who I only saw a few times but by all accounts he really is top notch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

ricero wrote: »
    Im regards to illori do you think he be kept or loaned again this season ?

Well, if Wisdom is going on loan, and we're not signing Lovern, I think he'll be kept. I really do think, that in two to three years time, he could be a quality center back for us.

That pace of his is absolutely frightening, which always helps in terms of 'growing pains' for new players, especially defenders. Allows them to recover much more readily from inevitable mistakes.

However, if we do sign another CB, I would not be surprised to see him on loan again, even if we do have the extra games this season.

• Advertisement

I really dislike Ronnie Whelan as pundit why do tv compaines hire him :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Knex. wrote: »
    So he is finally going to score?

I was expecting Kate Cohen on why LVG would be a good fit for Liverpool:rolleyes:

5live wrote: »
    I was expecting Kate Cohen on why LVG would be a good fit for Liverpool

You should know by now that I would never do that.

I dislike him, full stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Is it only LFC.TV showing it?

Any PMs to any other nefarious sources showing it will be given 2 thumbs up... :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Khedira to Arsenal for 20m apparently according to various papers and SSN.

dgfh.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

One this I find with him, on RTE he slates them, but when on LFCTV, the grovelling is nauseous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Fieldog wrote: »

Any PMs to any other nefarious sources showing it will be given 2 thumbs up... :P

I think its on BT Sport but not 100% sure on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    I think its on BT Sport but not 100% sure on that.

Hmm...

To restart my footie pass now or wait til day before premiership... :P

flanzer wrote: »
    One this I find with him, on RTE he slates them, but when on LFCTV, the grovelling is nauseous

He is like Mark Lawrenson he is a mouth for hire he will say whatever his pay masters what to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

He's a long way ahead of brian kerr, he was fierce annoying during the WC :mad:

BT Sports 1 are showing it in full.

tumblr_lokdgiA79w1qafrh6.gif

I don't agree. :P

Stop now nothing bad can ever be said about Brian Kerr. ;)

"Them Greeks have been chasing bouncing Czechs all night" - Brian Kerr, from Euro 2012. the greatest line ever by any pundit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    de4fa796ad2cd304fb68cc879df6fc96.png
    9fd8b0ff61b30d166419a6f9a24157b8.png
    bb879e9b0e1a10805dbd81ac23ed9428.png
    fb2b03734f1ff48b81371d2020ac2bc3.png

No 360 spin dribble stat unfortunately, and lol at Johnson having a positive defensive score. As a whole, I refuse to believe anything positive towards Johnson. Also got to remember that Flano was a RB covering at LB last season.

5 goals, 9 assists in the Bundesliga last year.

Averaging 3 tackles per game.

Averaging 2.3 key passes per game (from left back!!!)

Statistically the 2nd best player in the Bundesliga (note not 2nd best left-back, not 2nd best defender, 2nd best player, with only Ribery having a better season than him according to WhoScored)

A very, very impressive World Cup.

21 years-old.

Playing for a team where we would represent a major step up.

Not fully established so might not be on the radar of the likes of Madrid and Barca etc...

Can somebody tell me why we're farting around with Moreno and not doing everything we can to sign Ricardo Rodriguez??! Here's a guy who looks like he would be worth every penny of a £20m bid!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭0028673

Rodriguez contract is up in 2 years and he appears to be the real deal. Now that the Moreno deal is off the table and for all the reasons highlighted by Morzadec we should be in for this guy.

Knowing our luck we'll end up loaning them a player instead :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Hmm...

To restart my footie pass now or wait til day before premiership... :P

Buy two more....just for those ads alone.

Rossiter looks like a boy amongst men out there, definitely not ready to be near the first team.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Rossiter looks like a boy amongst men out there, definitely not ready to be near the first team.

Not trying to be funny but he is a boy ( he just turned 17 )who is only a day and half into full training for the season ahead what do you expect.

Not trying to be funny but he is a boy ( he just turned 17 )who is only a day and half into full training for the season ahead what do you expect.

I expected exactly this. I've seen some people saying that he should be around the first team squad this season. Just saying that hes nowhere near ready. Coutinho is so much better than everyone else on the field, its not funny. He's gonna be world class in a year or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Morzadec wrote: »
    5 goals, 9 assists in the Bundesliga last year.

Averaging 3 tackles per game.

Averaging 2.3 key passes per game (from left back!!!)

Statistically the 2nd best player in the Bundesliga (note not 2nd best left-back, not 2nd best defender, 2nd best player, with only Ribery having a better season than him according to WhoScored)

A very, very impressive World Cup.

21 years-old.

Playing for a team where we would represent a major step up.

Not fully established so might not be on the radar of the likes of Madrid and Barca etc...

Can somebody tell me why we're farting around with Moreno and not doing everything we can to sign Ricardo Rodriguez??! Here's a guy who looks like he would be worth every penny of a £20m bid!

I would imagine its because after an in depth assessment of Rodriguez, it was decided he wasn't suitable. At least I hope so.

Also, I thought he looked very ordinary in the World Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Seaba wrote: »
    Chelsea pay 20 million (football365.com) for 28 year old Filipe Luis (29 next month)
    Liverpool won't pay 20 million for 22 year old Moreno (22 two weeks ago)

Maybe they dont rate him at 20m and dont want to over-pay. Sustained progress will not be achieved by spunking our Suarez cash like we did with the torres cash. I'm delighted that the club have learnt from their mistakes and don't budge from their valuations of players, it's the only way forward imo.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Coutinho, Ibe (finishing aside) and Peterson the highlights. The rest, meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Hard to believe the new season is only a month away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

flanzer wrote: »

Think that 's back to Rafa days as Rte haven't had Liverpool games on in recent times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Telegraph Football ‏@TeleFootball 1m
    Mark Hughes is set to sign Liverpool winger Oussama Assaidi in a deal worth a potential £7million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭atilladehun

No.

Brian Kerr did a great job in the world cup. The amount of research he did for so many players. He knew what kind of season each of the players had on the bench of some of the crap teams, never mind the obvious few PL stars.

Just because a person had idiosyncrasies doesn't mean they are bad. I'd rather his knowledge and personality than so many other bland or idiotic commentators.

These friendlies can be tough. A lot of these players could be sliding down the order with all the new players coming in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

daithijjj wrote: »
    Mark Hughes is set to sign Liverpool winger Oussama Assaidi in a deal worth a potential £7million
    If everybody else is doing it why can't we:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Jaysus, tripled our money and he barely kicked a ball for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

murpho999 wrote: »
    Think that 's back to Rafa days as Rte haven't had Liverpool games on in recent times.

The thing is, everyone who has a period of work within any club says nice things (or never bad things). Paul Tompkins was the exact same, when he left the club he wrote on his blog he was writing stuff he never believed on many topics.

If you speak your mind you dont tend to get revisted for 'work'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

The Rodgers is top top wheeler dealer. Best bit of business he'll do all summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

It's looking like we could easily hit about 120 million in player sales this Summer. We should really be looking to sign the best possible lb, rb and cb that's willing to come to us.

DaveSuarez wrote: »
    It's looking like we could easily hit about 120 million in player sales this Summer. We should really be looking to sign the best possible lb, rb and cb that's willing to come to us.

So long as the club agree to our low valuation and the player accepts our low wages

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

You called the Sturridge signing correctly Daithi, when many felt he would flop, what do you think of our transfer dealings this summer? I'll be honest, it is very underwhelming at the moment. Still time for the club to bring in a couple of key signings but nothing so far leads me to think it'll happen. Just building the squad seems the order of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

klose wrote: »

Brendan loves it when a plan comes together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

klose wrote: »

Rubbish bit of business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

ush wrote: »
    Brendan loves it when a plan comes together.

Don't be lazy and add the A-Team pic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

That's what I hate about pre seasond, hope Illori is okay. Didn't particularly learn anything we didn't already know. Ibe has serious potential, probaby needs a loan at a good standard with a promise of being in the squad next season. Jones needs to be upgraded. And no dissing Kerr, does his research as mentioned earlier, very infomative in the group matches, and the added bonus that you never know what he'll say next!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    So long as the club agree to our low valuation and the player accepts our low wages

Except for Markovic and Lallana (yep add ons). We've given out about over paying for half our signings so far. Conspiracy theory, but I wouldn't write off Moreno yet.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Except for Markovic and Lallana (yep add ons). We've given out about over paying for half our signings so far. Conspiracy theory, but I wouldn't write off Moreno yet.

Were they the best in their positions that would come to us though?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Were they the best in their positions that would come to us though?

What we fans want? Probably not, but I'll leave FSG to make their call. I think Lallana makes perfect sense for 16 million plus add ons. Markovic seems pricey. Suarez will show a 60 million profit in the books so that money, and more, will be invested in the team. Remember, all we wanted was top 4 last Summer, that was with Suarez and players a lot of us doubted like Coutinho, Sterling and Sturridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Some talk on twitter about an 8m bid for Bakkali...

The main thing we can take from today's match, is that Luckycharms continues to be anything but when it comes to creating match threads.

I motion to have him once again, unofficially banned from creating them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

I am hoping we will bring in more players to actually improve the first team. Lallana and Markovic maybe first choice now with the rest adding to squad depth. I think we have bought enough kids at this stage for Rodgers to develop.
    At this stage a quality striker, left back and centerback must be high on the agenda.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement