Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Phoenix wrote: »
    did Liverpool field solely youngsters?

A mixture. Only a week into preseason though vs a team a few weeks further along. I for one will not be getting upset just yet.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Phoenix wrote: »
    did Liverpool field solely youngsters?

Only takes a glance at the match thread to see the line up..

edit - or even a few posts up.

Spurs bid for Davies is in the region of £12M according to the Daily Fail. They're more than welcome to have him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

I might be somewhat on my own on this one but Flanagan continues to impress me. He's actually a very good footballer. I'd like to see him get an extended run at right back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Christian Tello gone to Porto on a two year loan deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Spurs bid for Davies is in the region of £12M according to the Daily Fail. They're more than welcome to have him.

Tis aite, we'll just go for our back ups back up ryan bertr-oh wait never mind...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Fescue wrote: »
    I might be somewhat on my own on this one but Flanagan continues to impress me. He's actually a very good footballer. I'd like to see him get an extended run at right back.

I'm a fan of flanagans too . I would like to see competition for him at right back and that would be me a happy man . At this stage let johnsons contract run down . The chap is on way too much money for the lack of defending .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Doesn't say how many soles they had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I've always thought that Flanagan was going to be a back up at best for the club, but when you see guys like Davies going for £12m and Shaw for £30m, how much do you think Flanagan is worth? And could be possibly be an option for either of the full back slots next season? Davies has been decent any time I've seen him but if we have Flanagan I don't think there is much of a point in signing him, if we are going to sign a full back he should either be one who has a lot of potential (like Shaw or Moreno) or else a more experienced one who can do a good job right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mail reporting that Sunderland and Liverpool trying to reach compromise over Borini. Oh please be true:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/transfernews/article-2695007/Fabio-Borini-Sunderlands-hitlist-Liverpools-asking-price-scupper-deal.html
    Sunderland have held further talks with Liverpool over their proposed £10million deal for Fabio Borini.

Liverpool want £12m for the Italian and, as reported by Sportsmail last month, Sunderland have discussed an offer of £8m plus £2m in add ons.

They are trying to find a compromise agreement over the structure of the deal with the player keen to join and get regular football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I'd be sad to Borini go, he's earned another shot with us. But if he wants to be playing regularly there's not much the club can do about that. I can respect his hunger to play.

I'd be sad to Borini go, he's earned another shot with us. But if he wants to be playing regularly there's not much the club can do about that. I can respect his hunger to play.

It's a strange one really. He and his agent have constantly said he wants to give things a shot at Liverpool so perhaps the Mail are miles off or he is coming around to the idea that he's not going to get regular football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

hi lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Christian Tello gone to Porto on a two year loan deal.

If nothing else, it'll end the regular links with Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

hi lads

Hi chewy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

djPSB wrote: »
    If nothing else, it'll end the regular links with Liverpool.

Were we ever even linked with him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Hi chewy

any craic machiavellianme? what did you have for tea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

You called the Sturridge signing correctly Daithi, when many felt he would flop, what do you think of our transfer dealings this summer? I'll be honest, it is very underwhelming at the moment. Still time for the club to bring in a couple of key signings but nothing so far leads me to think it'll happen. Just building the squad seems the order of the day.

I think we have done ok so far.

Lallana is a quality player imo. Ive had him in my fantasy team for 18 months :pac:

Lambert is squad filler and his signing is pretty much irrelevant to all other dealings.

Mostly im intrigued about Can, i have no idea where he will play. I think there is an element of hoovering up a few younger talents before they potentially sky rocket. Thats our strategy as a club really at this point in time. I dont particularly like it, i just accept it. I totally understand why some are underwhelmed but deep down we know whats going on.

Everything is based on wages at the club. We have the money to sign literally anyone, but thats an easy claim to make when you exclude anyone over the 65/75k per week mark.

Obviously Suarez is a big loss, i thought he might give us one more season. We got good money for him, i understand why he was sold.

Markovic and Can will need time imo, patience required.

We need a strong dictator in the def mid position, we havent got one. We also need a leader at the back to come through. We dont have that in Skrtel or Agger, Sakho i expect to improve, i like Lovren. I wrote a post over 3 years ago suggesting 2 names, Lovren and Sakho, bit weird but might have both by start of this season. Thing i like about Lovren is he is a gobby type, no fear, tear strips off you if required, no matter who you are, on his own team or opposition. Potential to be very good for us if he signs, how likely that is i dont know. I expect its not top priority right now and one we can go back to.

Moreno is a small tidy player, more technically gifted than Davies. Davies is also a good young player though. been watching him since he came if for Neil Taylor after he broke his leg. He doesnt mind going on random adventurous 'sorties' which id imagine appeals to Rodgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Were we ever even linked with him?

Every day for the past seven years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Any word on Origi or has it all gone Pete Tong?

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

No.

Brian Kerr did a great job in the world cup. The amount of research he did for so many players. He knew what kind of season each of the players had on the bench of some of the crap teams, never mind the obvious few PL stars.

Just because a person had idiosyncrasies doesn't mean they are bad. I'd rather his knowledge and personality than so many other bland or idiotic commentators.

These friendlies can be tough. A lot of these players could be sliding down the order with all the new players coming in.

44332862.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

brevity wrote: »
    Some talk on twitter about an 8m bid for Bakkali...

Unless he's got a release clause for that amount there isn't a hope in hell PSV will accept €8m.

Any word on Origi or has it all gone Pete Tong?

Lille's manager was saying this morning that whatever happens, he'll be playing in France next season, even if it's on loan. Sporza in Belgium were saying the deal was close, just minor details now to be sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Kingdom wrote: »
    Unless he's got a release clause for that amount there isn't a hope in hell PSV will accept €8m.
    In the last year of his contract after turning down a new deal. Would be some piece of business if we pulled it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

MD1990 wrote: »
    In the last year of his contract after turning down a new deal. Would be some piece of business if we pulled it off.

Ah, that changes things. That will PissSV off no end. One club though who could be happy to snub the cash and run down his contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Thanks for posting the Coutinho vid Nuri, he looks fresh and ready to push on another notch.. that video clearly displays what Brazil were missing this summer.

Right lads, off to bed the lot of ye, early start on the Liverpool website in the morning for tickets. Best of luck, may the progress bar reach all the way across the screen for you all. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

You'll never guess who else is in for Bakkali (according to Gary Jacob).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Coutinho is such a stylish player one of my favourites to watch.
    He reminds me in a way of Suarez's first few years with his poor shot accuracy. Once he improves that he will be up there as one of the best players in the premier league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Kingdom wrote: »

I take it he's good then :)

• Advertisement

daithijjj wrote: »
    Neil Taylor

There's a player who might surprise (maybe surprise is not the right word, but you know what I mean) a few this season. Presuming Davies is off, he'll slot back into that position. I thought he was very good and through no fault of his own lost his place. The injury and Davies superb form when he deputised meant Davies was undroppable.

I'm sure it will take him a couple of months to get back up to speed as a first choice player, but I do wonder if teams might be better off taking a flyer on Taylor for a couple of million as opposed to splashing £10m + on Davies.

Swansea fans think there's very little between the two and I've seen some say they still think Taylor is the better player. If they could get in a double figure sum for Davies and just replace him with Taylor I think that will be one of the best pieces of business done this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Paully D wrote: »
    There's a player who might surprise (maybe surprise is not the right word, but you know what I mean) a few this season. Presuming Davies is off, he'll slot back into that position. I thought he was very good and through no fault of his own lost his place. The injury and Davies superb form when he deputised meant Davies was undroppable.

I'm sure it will take him a couple of months to get back up to speed as a first choice player, but I do wonder if teams might be better off taking a flyer on Taylor for a couple of million as opposed to splashing £10m + on Davies.

Swansea fans think there's very little between the two and I've seen some say they still think Taylor is the better player. If they could get in a double figure sum for Davies and just replace him with Taylor I think that will be one of the best pieces of business done this summer.

Was saying that myself, i feel hes a much better player than davis already with more potential to improve. They wont mind losing davis especially if they can get a good fee because hes just going to slot in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Paully D wrote: »

Yea, he is a very good player, 4 years older than Davies though. Different types of players. Taylor is faster, looks traditionally classier on the ball. Davies reminds me of a very young Baines, not much pace but he does have quality about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

The LFC.tv site is appalling, crash after crash this morning!

Finally get in and find i needed to be a member from the 13th to buy tickets, d'oh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

naughtb4 wrote: »
    The LFC.tv site is appalling, crash after crash this morning!

Finally get in and find i needed to be a member from the 13th to buy tickets, d'oh!

I remember trying to buy the Celtic match tickets from it. Absolute nightmare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I only bought membership yesterday.

hefferboi wrote: »
    I only bought membership yesterday.

haah me too :(

No tickets for us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

If we can get £10M for Borini, then we should just take it. While I like him for his determination and his world class movement, his finishing hasn't been great and he doesn't have the pace to really scare defenders.

If we're looking for a rotation player, or someone to bring off the bench, then Ibe is going to have a much bigger impact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Ah here! Im in the queue now will I stick it out to be sure?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

In the queue again this morning. It really is a job to get tickets for games. :(

Had no luck yesterday and sat in the queue for over an hour.

Are all your queue times showing "over an hour"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

hefferboi wrote: »
    Ah here! Im in the queue now will I stick it out to be sure?

No, get out so we can all get bumped up 1 space :P
    joe123 wrote: »
    In the queue again this morning. It really is a job to get tickets for games. :(

Yep :(

Ticket mornings are always a nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Exiled2NY

Min showing over an hours too. Queued yesterday for over an hour and no joy either!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Knex. wrote: »
    The main thing we can take from today's match, is that Luckycharms continues to be anything but when it comes to creating match threads.

I motion to have him once again, unofficially banned from creating them.

:o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Exiled2NY wrote: »
    Min showing over an hours too. Queued yesterday for over an hour and no joy either!!

People on RAWK seem to have theirs already what vodoo tricks are they using!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Yeah I have 5 tabs open for different matches and they are all showing over an hour. I wish I had gone into work and done this, I cant be waiting here in the slight hope of tickets..
    They know where you are in the queue, they know how many tickets there are, they know the average number of tickets each user will buy... So why cant they supply more accurate info than "Over an hour left"... what a pain in the ar$e

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

Do you have to be a "member" to be eligible to buy tickets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Do you have to be a "member" to be eligible to buy tickets?

Yep. There is a general sale usually about 20 days before hand if there are tickets sent back to the club.

From what I can see having a membership is nearly pointless though. Impossible get tickets. Im still down as over an hour left while games will be selling out.

Wonder is it better to just ring them instead of using the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Optimus Caesar

These member ticket sales get more farcical every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

Yep. There is a general sale usually about 20 days before hand if there are tickets sent back to the club.

From what I can see having a membership is nearly pointless though. Impossible get tickets. Im still down as over an hour left while games will be selling out.

Wonder is it better to just ring them instead of using the website.

yeah, I was looking at the different tiers of membership and what you get for it, but I guess when it comes to tickets it still the luck of the draw :confused:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement