Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Chelsea is sold out, Arsenal is limited. Been in the queue 40 mins :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

yeah, I was looking at the different tiers of membership and what you get for it, but I guess when it comes to tickets it still the luck of the draw :confused:

Yeah you can pick up the membership light for a tenner. This is my first year trying to go through the membership and might be my last going by this experience.

Your best bet is to go to someone/supporters clubs who would have managed to get tickets and get the tickets from them.

In the queue here for 43 minutes now and still over an hour left. Meanwhile Chelsea + Arsenal have sold out. If its like yesterday they will all be sold out by the time im in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

joe123 wrote: »
    Yep. There is a general sale usually about 20 days before hand if there are tickets sent back to the club.

From what I can see having a membership is nearly pointless though. Impossible get tickets. Im still down as over an hour left while games will be selling out.

Wonder is it better to just ring them instead of using the website.

hefferboi wrote: »
    Chelsea is sold out, Arsenal is limited. Been in the queue 40 mins :(

It's always bad but I've never come away empty handed. Stick at it

I've got a browser window open in the queue and re-dialling the ticket office line on skype

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Anyone under an hour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭baldbear

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Anyone under an hour?

Its a joke. I'm on 55 mins now and over a hr left. wba will sell out next it appears.

58 minutes in the queue and still have an hour. West Brom and Sunderland about to be sold out too.

Sunderland after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭baldbear

I'm on a minute longer than a mate and he is at 45 mins now!

On 1 hour and 8 here now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

WBA sold out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

United miss out on Toni Kroos - loving that bit of news!

Heff misses out on tickets for Liverpool - hating that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

I find with the sale it's the luck of the draw the problem now is the membership

is way over subscribed. Gone are the days with the fancard you could log into

the site before the sale started and as soon as they went on sale you got first

pick. No chance anymore.

Anyone below the hour yet? I don't even know why im waiting now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

United miss out on Toni Kroos - loving that bit of news!

Wonder if anyone is surplus to requirements at Real now? Isco maybe?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

I must have been lucky so myself and a mate got tickets yesterday for the Stoke game. Was online for about 45-50 mins in total

Seamu$ wrote: »

Would love him, tbh, but do we need him?

I think we really need to be strengthening the defence and I'd like to see a signing soon, whether its a centre half, full back or a centre mid.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Exiled2NY

Anyone below the hour yet? I don't even know why im waiting now :(
    11 minutes left, but the only game I can make is the sunderland one. i think the tickets will be gone :(

Exiled2NY wrote: »
    11 minutes left, but the only game I can make is the sunderland one. i think the tickets will be gone :(

Looks like they are gone. Im 1 hour 35 minutes waiting now and my thing has changed to less than an hour. The West Brom game is my last chance as Im at a wedding/on holidays for the other two games and I don't like heading over during Christmas for the Leicester game.

• Advertisement

hefferboi wrote: »
    Would love him, tbh, but do we need him?

I think we really need to be strengthening the defence and I'd like to see a signing soon, whether its a centre half, full back or a centre mid.

Yeah, having already bought Lallana, as well as Can, I can't see any more midfielders being bought. Would love us to be looking at Vidal as well if the rumours that £35m would get him are true, but it's not going to happen.

The rest of the transfer budget this window needs to be spent on a Centre Back, a Left Bank and a Marco Reus.... :P

For attacking midfielders we are fine so it would make little sense to go for Isco. We need a defensive midfielder though.

I would assume that Kroos may be coming in for Xabi.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

For attacking midfielders we are fine so it would make little sense to go for Isco. We need a defensive midfielder though.

Or khedira(if they are selling him)

I thought Can was our defensive midfielder purchase? Haven't heard us linked with any other DMs either. If Kroos is going to play deep then maybe Illarramendi might be an option?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

In the queue again this morning. It really is a job to get tickets for games. :(

Had no luck yesterday and sat in the queue for over an hour.

Are all your queue times showing "over an hour"?

I got Arsenal WBA and Aston Villa tickets this morning, in and out of the system in under 10 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

We'd have to get rid of Coutinho or Lallana to accommodate him.

• Advertisement

I got Arsenal WBA and Aston Villa tickets this morning, in and out of the system in under 10 mins

How!?

What time did you log on at? I was on at 8.15 and im still in the queue with 20 minutes queue time depsite all the games being sold out bar Everton and Leicester.

Any tips for next time? Definitely not bothering with a membership after this though.

How!?

What time did you log on at? I was on at 8.15 and im still in the queue with 20 minutes queue time depsite all the games being sold out bar Everton and Leicester.

Any tips for next time? Definitely not bothering with a membership after this though.

I had the site opened from 7:20, there was what seemed like a queue, then the site closed at 7:30 i left it alone did not refresh and then when it opened at 8:15 i had a 2 minute wait and got in.

I had the site opened from 7:20, there was what seemed like a queue, then the site closed at 7:30 i left it alone did not refresh and then when it opened at 8:15 i had a 2 minute wait and got in.

I had it open around 8 and it said it was closed....maybe for again Il try what you did. Very disapointing.

They should be able to give you a more accurate queue time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Maybe Illarramendi?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Exiled2NY

Ended up with a ticket for the Leicster game, not sure I really want to head over to it on New Years but it was all that was available. I had a holiday booked for the only other two available.
    I didn't realise you could only buy one ticket at a time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Optimus Caesar

Definitely not bothering with a membership after this though.

Don' think I will either. Its basically a tax for access to a ticket system which doesn't work.

Ended up with a ticket for the Leicster game, not sure I really want to head over to it on New Years but it was all that was available. I had a holiday booked for the only other two available.

How so? You buy a ticket for said match and then it sends you out of the queue? I thought you could buy tickets for a few matches once you are in?

When you select your game its takes you to a summary screen you then click again on home games to go back to the games to select another

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

How so? You buy a ticket for said match and then it sends you out of the queue? I thought you could buy tickets for a few matches once you are in?

It will do that if you go to checkout and pay for the ticket as others have said

after placing your ticket in the basket go to Home games and you can buy more.

Well after 2 hours and 15 minutes waiting I got in. Could have bought two tickets for the Leicester game but not side by side.

Issues getting that time off work and it being in the middle of Christmas I had to pass.

The sooner we expand the stadium the better!

Well after 2 hours and 15 minutes waiting I got in. Could have bought two tickets for the Leicester game but not side by side.

Issues getting that time off work and it being in the middle of Christmas I had to pass.

The sooner we expand the stadium the better!

Always hard to tell.

I was just going to settle for the Auto Cup Scheme for the FA Cup but thought why not go for more so have it worked out

Sept - Aston Villa
    Oct - WBA
    Nov - Newcastle away
    Nov - Stoke
    Dec - Arsenal

Now just have to find the flights and somewhere to stay

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Shankly Gates

All this talk of the Livepool site being terrible and yet nobody mentions that every time you visit it, you have to click on that stupid Enter LFC link! Infuriating :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

All this talk of the Livepool site being terrible and yet nobody mentions that every time you visit it, you have to click on that stupid Enter LFC link! Infuriating :mad:

Use a direct link to a subpage e.g. http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news

Not sure if it's all browsers, but I usually had to click "Enter LFC" twice with firefox on mac - clicking it first time just bring me back to the same page, so I use the link above now instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

I thought Can was our defensive midfielder purchase? Haven't heard us linked with any other DMs either. If Kroos is going to play deep then maybe Illarramendi might be an option?!

Kroos is joining United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

djPSB wrote: »
    Kroos is joining United.

Madrid United ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

Wages aside, i think kroos much rathers playing as the most advanced midfielder rather than a deeper midfielder which helped leading to his departure? Id say isco can be got for the right price and i would love for us to be in for him but id rather sign some defensive players first. Looks like illara and iscos transfers have been a bit of a failing so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Bring Kroos and 'Ronnie' home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

You really are powerless when Real and Barca come knocking. Not even FIFA can stop Barca making transfers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

flanzer wrote: »
    You really are powerless when Real and Barca come knocking. Not even FIFA can stop Barca making transfers

Meh, as long as we get our own money's worth before selling for 4x profit, it doesn't bother me. I'd rather sell to either of them any day of the week than see a player make a snakey ship jump or try to force a move to another team in the PL.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

Liverpool supposedly looking to land Micah Richards according to Twitter. Less than 12 months left on his contract with City and looks to be destined for the exit door this summer

Would be a good addition for a cheap fee i think. Rodgers looks to be getting in 2 players for each position. Think Wisdom/Kelly are likely to go on loan with Flanagan being a possibilty, with Enrique, Lucas, Kolo, Agger facing the exit sign also.

Championship manager stuff to have the 2 players in each position though especially if they land the rumoured targets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

With the cash we have micah would be very underwhelming, hes a sick note and barely played the last 2 sesons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Richards, Bertrand are these really the caliber of player we are really looking at?

Does Brendan Rodgers really want to be scrapping the bottom of the barrel just to prove what a great coach he is trying to trun no hopers and injury plagued players into squad players!

It's not like we a broke and can't afford top class players. I'm not even talking about World Class or Marquee players!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Some quotes from Tony Evans who was on The Anfield Index podcast

Evans: "When I said expect a few surprises, I meant as in players who you might look at and wonder why them? It's all part of a plan"

Evans: "I cant see a marquee type signing, that's just not the Liverpool way. Instead, it's people ready to take that next step"

Evans: "People need to stop comparing Rodgers to Shanks. This is giving him pressure he doesn't need, let him become his own man"

Evans: "The club have told us the Moreno deal is dead, I've got a sneaky suspicion, it's not over yet. They might still get him"

Evans:"Real and Barca entered into a bidding war with Suarez, but after the bite, Madrid walked away. He could have been a £100m player"

Evans: "This conspiracy theory that FSG will use the money from Suarez' sale to redevelop Anfield, is not true. That's taken care of"

Evans: "FSG want to win, it's their single focus, they'll reinvest money from sales into the squad. For them, it's their sole focus"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

Cant go signing first team starters all of the time. Liverpool need to build a squad and the likes of Bertrand/Richards would be squad options rather than first name on the teamsheet signings.

With the extra games due to the CL next season as well as a renewed focus for progress in the cups the squad needs to be improved to cope with the extra games. These players will do that and provide options to Rodgers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Evans:"Real and Barca entered into a bidding war with Suarez, but after the bite, Madrid walked away. He could have been a £100m player"

If he had a release clause, this statement doesn't make any sense.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement