Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

VHbbdUZ.png

I love Agger and don't want him leaving, but I've not been confident seeing him in the team recently. Would still like him to stay as a squad player but I don't think that'd go down well with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

Turtyturd wrote: »
    But he loaned out a better player than Moses to bring Moses in.

Despite all that stuff Henderson was still overrated last year.

Additions to the squad should be brought in to be starting in their position, or with the view to being long term replacements for who we currently have in those positions, while being able to contribute now if required.

They should also be better than Bertrand and Richards.

Who did he loan out that was better than Moses. If its Suso then he's become one of those players who is rated highly despite never playing.

The snobbery factor here is ridic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I wouldn't say over rated either, an important part of the team and starting to show the creativity and decision making needed for a good CM. Still young yet as well. Tbh I wouldn't blame Rodgers too much if he wanted to sell to buy Dempsey. That whole mess lies with Henry and FSG for me. He shouldn't have been in that position of scraping for pennies to buy him!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Source?

Well I can't confirm the exact details of the deal as I'm not his agent but he was offered to fulham as an exchange for Clint Dempsey, and Henderson even admitted that Fulham was an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I am not saying he's Jack Wilshere bad, he is good at what he does, running all over the place and hustling players for someone else to take the ball off them. I'd like to see more from him, better tackling, he can play killer passes (see his pass for Rampage Johnson which led to Suarez' goal v ???) he just doesn't do it often enough, and I'd like to see less shots in the stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

That's fair enough but that's just one player of the five Liverpool players who can play fullback. on the CB we already have 4 Internationls there and maybe 5 if Lovren joins.

Is he better than Flanagan, Johnson the players he would have to compete with for the RB slot? So we are buying Richards then as third choice RB maybe second?

The same can be said for Bertrand is he better than what we already have?
    Is he better than Enrique, and a right footed Flanagan who made role is last season? So we are buying Bertrand to be third choice LB?

I think the answer to that is.... on recent form anyone is better than Johnson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

10478173_10152691375317573_6661793006585090182_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Would any of you fine Pandas be interested in a our own little fantasy premier league ?

slingerz wrote: »
    Who did he loan out that was better than Moses. If its Suso then he's become one of those players who is rated highly despite never playing.

The snobbery factor here is ridic

Assaidi would have been a better option than Moses, even came closer to 20 goals I think.

The willingness to settle for sub par players in here is ridic....ulous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Well I can't confirm the exact details of the deal as I'm not his agent but he was offered to fulham as an exchange for Clint Dempsey, and Henderson even admitted that Fulham was an option.

Well I can confirm that you have once again talked absolute pony on this forum. You basically made up a figure in your head and went with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I love Agger and don't want him leaving, but I've not been confident seeing him in the team recently. Would still like him to stay as a squad player but I don't think that'd go down well with him.

It kind of makes sense keeping Agger if Lovren comes in.

It would be Sakho & Agger as the LCB's and Lovren and Ilori as the RCB's.

Skrtel after the goal scoring season he had would make more money in a transfer compared to Agger.

Would any of you fine Pandas be interested in a our own little fantasy premier league ?

It's that time of year again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Yes!! Especially if there was money involved:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

We had one last season so yes I would be interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

billy2012 wrote: »
    10478173_10152691375317573_6661793006585090182_n.jpg

I had to read that twice I was nearly expecting to see a spoiler on a new player none of us saw signing lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

Still no word on Reina moving on? I think we should keep him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I am not saying he's Jack Wilshere bad, he is good at what he does, running all over the place and hustling players for someone else to take the ball off them. I'd like to see more from him, better tackling, he can play killer passes (see his pass for Rampage Johnson which led to Suarez' goal v ???) he just doesn't do it often enough, and I'd like to see less shots in the stand.

This genuinely made me almost choke on my water. :D:D:D

lamont-spit-o.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Yup, count me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Count me in for about 1/3 of the season ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Assaidi would have been a better option than Moses, even came closer to 20 goals I think.

The willingness to settle for sub par players in here is ridic....ulous.

I'm not sure you can lump the two transfers in together tho. Assaidi needed a loan because he wouldnt get enough game time here so he loaned him out. He didn't loan him out to facilitate a move for moses. Besides, Moses showed enough at Wigan that he could have been a decent option for us, things just don't work out that way sometimes tho.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Is it fair to say that Suarez would have left Liverpool this summer anyway, bite or no bite?

Would Liverpool have received more money in the transfer (over and above the release clause) without the bite?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Classic, H2H and a seperate classic money one I'd be interested in, re: FF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Micah Richards is a quality player that I would love to see at Anfield and especially at the price that's been talked about.

He does need a season injury free and if that happens he will be considered one of the first names on the team sheet and will be England's first choice RB too.

He is a beast of a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Super-Rush wrote: »
    We had one last season so yes I would be interested.

Ah sure if there was one last year it will no doubt be continued. Who organised last years? Maybe put the code in the first thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Last time I logged into Fantasy Football was when I made my team last August.

Also, the inevitable FF talk in match threads for the first few weeks of the season make me rage. "aww the club i support lost but at least rvp scored for my fantasy team lol :D"

Red Pepper wrote: »
    Is it fair to say that Suarez would have left Liverpool this summer anyway, bite or no bite?

Would Liverpool have received more money in the transfer (over and above the release clause) without the bite?

Would seem to be yes and yes going on Barrett from the Times today.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Ah sure if there was one last year it will no doubt be continued. Who organised last years? Maybe put the code in the first thread?

Nobody was really interested last year, or the year before, or the year before. If we are gonna do it then it needs someone to keep the board updated regularly.

I nominate Morzadec.

Unless he has to continue his table this season because.......superstition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Yeah. What fantasy footy rules / website do you use ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Nobody was really interested last year, or the year before, or the year before. If we are gonna do it then it needs someone to keep the board updated regularly.

I nominate Morzadec.

Unless he has to continue his table this season because.......superstition.

Or 'cause its quality!

With Suarez gone we're battling for 4th all over again, anyway.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Classic, H2H and a seperate classic money one I'd be interested in, re: FF.

I would love to play a head to head league.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Knex. wrote: »
    Lolz. Newspaper article linked as a YouTube video.

You're losing it, 5live :pac:

I don't think i ever had it anyway so no great loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

5live wrote: »
    I don't think i ever had it anyway so no great loss.

fa87a4aa3343c8063a073e8f11be03b29c8f12e7e1973f5b4f6808bf4e0760fd.jpg

One of my favourite Simpsons quotes, for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Hi lads would be very interested in a fantasy football league if possible

VHbbdUZ.png

Didn't Rodgers say the same about Downing just before he was sold?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Iang87 wrote: »
    Hi lads would be very interested in a fantasy football league if possible

Yeah same here....need something to counter the tedium of working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

So according to Facebook, the LVG press conference went down like a lead balloon. Im not sure what UTD fans were expecting...

Knex. wrote: »
    fa87a4aa3343c8063a073e8f11be03b29c8f12e7e1973f5b4f6808bf4e0760fd.jpg

One of my favourite Simpsons quotes, for sure.

Ya eejit, i don't wear glasses. Yet. Other than that, yeah...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Vicxas wrote: »
    So according to Facebook, the LVG press conference went down like a lead balloon. Im not sure what UTD fans were expecting...

Already sinking their expectations....crafty LVG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Football/soccer fantasy football is beyond mind numbingly boring.... It needs to follow the American football model - Have a draft, there can only be one of each player, not everyone in the league having the same strikers etc. etc. And also head to head, weekly trades in order of when you last picked up off the wire.... you get the picture. As it is most fella's in a league have 7/8/9 of the same players.

• Advertisement

Unveil Vidal and Kroos, McMahon strut, get his balls out and finish with a rendition of 'no one knows' is what I have pieced together.

Unveil Vidal and Kroos, McMahon strut, get his balls out and finish with a rendition of 'no one knows' is what I have pieced together.

Pressers are usually dull enough anyway, even unveiling ones. Which is why the press loved Jose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Did we sign anyone today?

What's the latest with the Origi situation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Looking forward to his first meltdown. They have such an easy start though it might take a while to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

i thought lvg actually was calling wayne rooney childish during that interview, when questioned on leadership,experienced,mature players,the sky reporter mentioned rooney as a example .. lvg responded with talk of michael carrick,then onto seedorf and how he was mature for his age at 16,more so than some 30yr olds .. so its not all about age he says... i seen that as a reference to rooneys antics over the last few years tbh..

could be wrong.. enjoyed the bluntness of the interview.

Vanolder wrote: »
    Football/soccer fantasy football is beyond mind numbingly boring.... It needs to follow the American football model - Have a draft, there can only be one of each player, not everyone in the league having the same strikers etc. etc. And also head to head, weekly trades in order of when you last picked up off the wire.... you get the picture. As it is most fella's in a league have 7/8/9 of the same players.

I started watching an American sitcom called 'The league' a few months ago. It's very good. But I gotta say I much prefer the system they use. Sounds alot more interesting and always head to head, none of this self evaluation week to week stuff, you either win or lose and get 3 points or none. That's why i say head to head is the way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Will Utd finish ahead of :

Liverpool ?
    Chelsea ?
    City ?
    Arsenal ?

Probably not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

ebbsy wrote: »
    Will Utd finish ahead of :

Liverpool ?
    Chelsea ?
    City ?
    Arsenal ?

Probably not.

With LVG at the helm of United colour me worried tbh....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Fieldog wrote: »
    With LVG at the helm of United colour me worried tbh....

Yep, United only had one bad season, and that could be blamed on Moyes (especially if he lost the dressing room as they say). With a better Manager in they could do very well, it has only been one season since they were Champions after all.

J.

Would have to say probably as things stand. LVG is just too experienced and knowledgable to make a hames of it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

mormank wrote: »
    I started watching an American sitcom called 'The league' a few months ago. It's very good. But I gotta say I much prefer the system they use. Sounds alot more interesting and always head to head, none of this self evaluation week to week stuff, you either win or lose and get 3 points or none. That's why i say head to head is the way to go.

Instead of the Shiva, we would need to play for the Linda :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement