Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

and we wait to see the consistency ;)

I'm sure the next player to bite three times will get a similar ban. You think Suarez got punished solely for who he is rather than what he's done and his history?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

This has to be one of the worst decisions that FIFA have ever taken. Total nonsense.

If a player commits a particularly nasty incident on the pitch. he gets a lengthy ban. It's happened before. It'll happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭plastic glass

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Some of you boys are clued in but some of you are off your heads.

Liverpool haven't been punished. Your player has bitten opponents three times now. He's been punished and rightly so. Liverpool are collateral damage. Unfortunate but necessary. He bit someone three times. FIFA aren't the cause of the problem. Suarez is.

As for the suggestion FIFA are getting back at the FA over Qatar? Really? Really?

But he did so in a Uruguay shirt and Liverpool are being punished more than Uruguay. And Liverpool cannot even appeal it. And he was able to play for Uruguay when he has banned for Liverpool.

Also Fifa have not really don't this blanket ban before.

Those would be my main grievances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I can see this appealed and the training/ground ban removed bbut the game ban remaining.

No matter what anyone says and any excuses we can make for him he was a ****ing idiot to do what he did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Liverpool haven't been punished. Your player has bitten opponents three times now. He's been punished and rightly so.

You know that people mean indirectly, right?

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

If there is any sympathy to be dished out its for Brendan Rodgers.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

gimli2112 wrote: »
    In fairness I think Uruguay are just about crazy enough to do it. Hadn't realised they are a tiny country, pop. around 3M and football mad. They've got this "fighting spirit" thing in their culture where this could get ugly fast for FIFA.

I'm rooting for Uruguay.

I'm torn on it as I have four figures on Colombia @ 27/20. If Uruguay refuse to play, would Colombia be awarded the win? You'd think so. But the books would argue against paying out or some silly crap like that. All the while, FIFA would probably extend his ban knowing how bonkers they are :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Ok lads - Did anyone put money on Suarez to be the top EPL goalscorer for 2014-2015?

Grayditch wrote: »
    You know that people mean indirectly, right?

You understand that there has been no intention to punish Liverpool though right? That you can't properly punish a player without his national team and/or club suffering too. Right?

Easy to have a pop at FIFA but you really should look at your own player and ask questions of him. He has bitten opponents three times. Stop and think about that. Really think about it. The man got what he deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Some of you boys are clued in but some of you are off your heads.

Liverpool haven't been punished. Your player has bitten opponents three times now. He's been punished and rightly so. Liverpool are collateral damage. Unfortunate but necessary. He bit someone three times. FIFA aren't the cause of the problem. Suarez is.

Suarez is the cause of the problem I agree.....he should be banned, I agree, but 4 months is ridiculous especially when it affects other clubs

FIFA get out of this nicely, missed the rest of the World Cup, and a few friendlies, and maybe South American Championships or whatever its called, and then one of the best players in the World is free to qualify for the next FIFA World Cup........he should be banned for 9 matches plus the equivalent of 4 months for FIFA International tournaments, eg 4 months = 16 weeks, say 20 FIFA games.

We cant even sell him now

• Advertisement

Agueroooo wrote: »
    If there is any sympathy to be dished out its for Brendan Rodgers.

I understand the sentiment, but many did say that it was a risk to keep the player after the last incident. Rodgers took the risk on him. He benefited last season. It's hurt him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

So Uruguay are going to appeal the ban. Does this mean the ban does not kick into effect until the appeal is over?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

I'm sure the next player to bite three times will get a similar ban. You think Suarez got punished solely for who he is rather than what he's done and his history?

i wasn't talking about the Suarez case. something completely different. actually kinda related. soz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

they could just make it a competitive game ban so..

Sure why not, they're making the rest of it up as they go along after all

I understand the sentiment, but many did say that it was a risk to keep the player after the last incident. Rodgers took the risk on him. He benefited last season. It's hurt him now.

are they your own words now before i reply?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I wonder how long before some Liverpudlians burn his house down ?

I wonder if they will burn your house down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

dilallio wrote: »
    Ok lads - Did anyone put money on Suarez to be the top EPL goalscorer for 2014-2015?

Have money on him to be top scorer in World Cup :(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭ratracer

I like Luis, and when 4 months is up he'd be the first name on my team sheet. But he has to cop the fcuk on!!

Liverpool are going to suffer because of Luis, not because of FIFA. He owes the club big time and better be sharp and on his game from the start of his return. I agree with his playing ban but the not training part is just bullsh...

are they your own words now before i reply?

Forgot to post the link earlier. apologies

• Advertisement

You understand that there has been no intention to punish Liverpool though right? That you can't properly punish a player without his national team and/or club suffering too. Right?

Yeah, I'm just really not sure anyone thinks FIFA are directly punishing Liverpool. I think you're getting caught up in turn of phrase. "This situation is unfair on Liverpool", may be better. They guided him through a fairly incident free season and showed that it can be done. Which sounds like something that shouldn't have to be commended, but with nutcase, it really, really is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

It's funny how no non pool fans were in here up in arms about the fact Suarez was able to play for Uruguay during his last ban. Strange...

But he did so in a Uruguay shirt and Liverpool are being punished more than Uruguay. And Liverpool cannot even appeal it. And he was able to play for Uruguay when he has banned for Liverpool.

Also Fifa have not really don't this blanket ban before.

Those would be my main grievances.

They are punishing the player regardless of what jersey he was wearing at the time. What have Uruguay done wrong here any more than Liverpool?

Also, does Suarez become a different person or less of a risk when he pulls on a Liverpool shirt? The player has been punished. You're just unfortunate that he's your player and you've been caught in the crossfire.

Forgot to post the link earlier. apologies

lol, no you didn't !!

you edited out the semicolons and conversation to make it look like your own words.

nice try but.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    It's funny how no non pool fans were in here up in arms about the fact Suarez was able to play for Uruguay during his last ban. Strange...

I think it was more the case of most understanding that the F.A and FIFA were different organisations and why should Uruguay get punished for something he did in a Liverpool shirt.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm just really not sure anyone thinks FIFA are directly punishing Liverpool. I think you're getting caught up in turn of phrase. "This situation is unfair on Liverpool", may be better. They guided him through a fairly incident free season and showed that it can be done. Which sounds like something that shouldn't have to be commended, but with nutcase, it really, really is.

It is harsh on Liverpool I agree. But posters are insinuating that FIFA are the villains here. Suarez has bitten opponents three times. That is mind boggling. He's the one who has caused any unfair punishment Liverpool are suffering not FIFA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

28 Premiership game suspensions in 3 seasons. Plus Champions league and League cup games.

Blame FIFA, and Premier League all you want but that is damning.

The club will have to do something as he cannot be relied upon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

murpho999 wrote: »
    28 Premiership game suspensions in 3 seasons. Plus Champions league and League cup games.

He doesn't get injured much either though.

And clearly he can be relied on. He'll miss 5-10 games a season and for the rest he's immense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Im not one bit surprised that FIFA have gone to town on him bt Im a tad confused by the structure of the Ban. Surely a 12-24 Mth International ban and a lighter club ban would have made more ense, indirectly LFC are punished on a greater extent than the national team

But lets be honest. LS Gave FIFA the ammo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Of course it is but when you score 30 goals a season you can do what you want. He has still player more games than most of panel.

tritium wrote: »
    Sure why not, they're making the rest of it up as they go along after all

Yeah because as a governing body of a sport you expect to have to legislate for a player biting opponents three times.

Of course they have to make it up as they go along in this instance. That's how outrageous Suarez's behaviour is.

• Advertisement

lol, no you didn't !!

you edited out the semicolons and conversation to make it look like your own words.

nice try but.

LOL You think I'd want Carragher's opinion as my own? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Thud

Suarez for half a season is still better than most of the prem league strikers for a full season. He'll be chomping at the bit to get back playing in Nov and will give new signings so extra game time to settle in befoe he comes back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Must admit I never expected a club ban. Thought he might be booted out of the WC and maybe a handful of international games on top of that (as Uruguay might only last one more WC game).

First reports were a 9 game ban and I thought yeah that's around what I was expecting. The 4 month all football ban was unexpected I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

I never thought I'd say this but if Barca or Madrid still manage to come in with a decent offer I'd get rid and start planning for a future without him.

He did great for us after his last ban and paid the club back in spades for their support but this latest episode is really hurting us and if/when this happens again I don't want Liverpool's biggest asset with a season long ban and practically worthless in the transfer market.

I love watching him play for us but he's one incident away from becoming worthless to LFC and let's be honest it'd be foolish to suggest he won't go nuts on the pitch again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

I think it was more the case of most understanding that the F.A and FIFA were different organisations and why should Uruguay get punished for something he did in a Liverpool shirt.

But don't let that get in the way of having a little dig

So why isnt the reverse also true?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

lol, no you didn't !!

nice try but.

Leave him alone :p

Its nice having new posters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Knex. wrote: »
    Leave him alone :p

Its nice having new posters.

I agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

But don't let that get in the way of having a little dig

But if Uruguay shouldn't be punished for sonething he did in a Liverpool shirt why should pool be for something he did in a Uruguay one?!? That's the entire point!! Thanks for validating it tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Gbear wrote: »

And clearly he can be relied on. He'll miss 5-10 games a season and for the rest he's immense.

But he can't be relied on NOT TO DO IT AGAIN!

LOL You think I'd want Carragher's opinion as my own? :eek:

lets have a game of spot the difference...
    Jamie Carragher.....
    "Now you get the feeling that Liverpool might actually be relieved if Barcelona or Real come in with a bid that triggers a move," he said. "If a lucrative offer arrives in the next few weeks, I am convinced Suarez will be playing his football somewhere else next season."

Get the feeling that Liverpool might actually be relieved if Barcelona or Real come in with a bid that triggers a move. If a lucrative offer arrives in the next few weeks, I am convinced Suarez will be playing his football somewhere else next season

you do like the way Carragher talks cause you fúcking mugged him for his opinion.

• Advertisement

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    But if Uruguay shouldn't be punished for sonething he did in a Liverpool shirt why should pool be for something he did in a Uruguay one?!? That's the entire point!! Thanks for validating it tho.

I actually totally misread your post and thought you said 'Liverpool fans' and not 'non Liverpool fans'.

Apologies. A Liverpool fan myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Gbear wrote: »

niallo27 wrote: »
    Of course it is but when you score 30 goals a season you can do what you want. He has still player more games than most of panel.

Club existed before him and will exist after him.

He is dragging the club's name through the mud all the time.

Sponsors will have a say on this too. People have to think of the bigger picture.

I love him as a player too but a manager can't keep being expected to plan a season without it's star player regularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

you do like the way Carragher talks cause you fúcking mugged him for his opinion.
    Somebody call the authorities!!

wall of shame...

BrERTj6CIAAE9OC.jpg

It's like we gave him back to his biological parents for the summer and they ruined months of progress.

But it's probably more of a case that he's just... a mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

That's totally unacceptable, in fairness.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

The other schmucks must be raging he didn't get more. 4 months is light to be honest to be doing a ****ing Hannibal Lecter on the world stage.

LFC coped before without Suarez at the start of last season, can do it again next season.

The CL matches we will miss him for though. Only thing to do is get Sanchez in.

Incorrect. Mine's from the Bleacher Report. There was no "he said" in it.

Anyway, still think when you take a risk, it can pay off or bite you in the ass. IMO
    Leave yis to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Oh talking about going to the Newcastle away game like last season, would be his 1st game back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I love watching him play for us but he's one incident away from becoming worthless to LFC and let's be honest it'd be foolish to suggest he won't go nuts on the pitch again.

+1 purely for using the word "churlish", so why edit it out?? :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement