Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

As long as Rodgers keeps up the good work and has Liverpool at the right end of the table fighting for the title, I couldn't care less about how LVG does!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

JFT96 ‏@LFCTikiTaka 12m

SSN have just said that Liverpool and Southampton have expressed an interest in signing Emiliano Insua's brother, Emanuel Insua.

Put him on a weight gain program, over play him and then sell him too early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Richards, Bertrand are these really the caliber of player we are really looking at?

Does Brendan Rodgers really want to be scrapping the bottom of the barrel just to prove what a great coach he is trying to trun no hopers and injury plagued players into squad players!

It's not like we a broke and can't afford top class players. I'm not even talking about World Class or Marquee players!

Dont be getting your knickers in a twist over spurious newspaper reports, god knows who we are trying to sign at the moment.. stressing about things outside your control and beyond that, outside of verifiable fact, is a criminal waste of time and energy.
    Have we signed Reus yet, what's the frickin delay???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

As long as Rodgers keeps up the good work and has Liverpool at the right end of the table fighting for the title, I couldn't care less about how LVG does!

And what if Rodgers has pool at the wrong side of the table and lvg has united fighting for the title?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Oranage2 wrote: »
    And what if Rodgers has pool at the wrong side of the table and lvg has united fighting for the title?

Well then I'll just die....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

In that event Rodgers is not keeping up the good work and we revert to moaning sheilas quicker than a Lazar step-over. Any other scenario impact statements required?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I guess we'll all just have to get earplugs and stay off the internet

According to one of the more reliable ITK's, Liverpool are definitely in talks with Micah Richards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Can you be on the wrong side?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Fescue wrote: »
    According to one of the more reliable ITK's, Liverpool are definitely in talks with Micah Richards.

Unless the 'reliable ITK' is a well known and respected journalist with a good track record and a real name on their Twitter account, it's a crock of shit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Well then, next year won't be our year.

But the next next year will.

Sure United are going to win the title at a canter. All the best players, best manager, best stadium, best income. Welbeck better than Sturridge. No annoying CL distractions. Best fans ever.

Just have to show up, really.

Sure what could go wrong...

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Have you ever posted anything remotely positive about Liverpool football club? Genuine question.

Unless the 'reliable ITK' is a well known and respected journalist with a good track record and a real name on their Twitter account, it's a crock of shit.

comment_mnzAJYf2XYDqvTlWdY4rm9ih5SAdo9Qi.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Word.

Also, apparently we've been talking to Micah Richards for the last 2 yrs. Chuck enough sh1t in the air and see what sticks. ITKs are looking to generate traffic to their blogs in order to make a few quid. Well worth ignoring. Follow someone like Tony Barrett from the Times. You'll generally not get any made up nonsense.

You'd get better info in your local boozer, and the added bonus of a few pints and a bit of craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Utd project better than we do, that's reality. Bigger revenue stream; brand; stadium; recent history. Moyes was a hilarious appointment. LVG is an appropriate hire. They should be considered favourites over us in a league position head to head imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Have you ever posted anything remotely positive about Liverpool football club? Genuine question.

Why the fack would he do that!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Utd project better than we do, that's reality. Bigger revenue stream; brand; stadium; recent history. Moyes was a hilarious appointment. LVG is an appropriate hire. They should be considered favourites over us in a league position head to head imo.

I've a feeling they'll win it or come very close (2 or 3 points) next year.

Have you ever posted anything remotely coherent about Liverpool football club? Genuine question.

Fixed your question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,754 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

How do Liverpool fans think they will do this season if the current squad remains the same? Personally I think City Chelsea and Arsenal will make up[ the top 3 with Spurs United and Liverpool fighting for 4th spot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

mormank wrote: »
    I started watching an American sitcom called 'The league' a few months ago. It's very good. But I gotta say I much prefer the system they use. Sounds alot more interesting and always head to head, none of this self evaluation week to week stuff, you either win or lose and get 3 points or none. That's why i say head to head is the way to go.

You could play for the Sakho bowl maybe?

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Strongly agree, if they make a few more adjustments in the transfer market. Defensively still poor, Shaw is a gamble still and Evra has gone. CBs and Vidal type mf still needed. I suspect they'll get what they need though and challenge strongly.

I do feel Chelsea's big spend has not significantly improved them, I dont think Costa will adapt and I have a feeling Fabregas will be underwhelming. I think we can get at them, the mou-magic is on the wane! I will be bold and say that Chelsea will finish 5th or below prompting some panic moves at the Bridge. Russia will fall further out of favour internationally , sanctions will increase and Russian money will up sticks into a safer jurisdiction. Oscar & Hazard will have tricky seasons due to fatigue.

Tis the beginning of the end at the Bridge!

(the above may or not be 100% true...I certainly hope it is though!) The sanctions are increasing against Russia though, London theoretically could become a cold house for those siberians yet.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    How do Liverpool fans think they will do this season if the current squad remains the same? Personally I think City Chelsea and Arsenal will make up[ the top 3 with Spurs United and Liverpool fighting for 4th spot.

With current squads, pretty much like you said. Though I'd have Everton ahead of Spurs, and Liverpool and Man Utd quite a bit ahead of them both.

Long way to go in the transfer window yet.

All the time, here's just a few examples:

On manager of the year
    I thought Rogers was the stand out performance by some distance, whilst other managers had great seasons, Rodgers one was unbelievable

When some rival fans were having a go at your fans behavior through out the season
    ]Meh, the pool team has done excellent this can't take anything away from them. Some of the fans went a bit ott but that's football.

During the season
    I know I haven't always been kind to Liverpool but I have to applaud what Rodgers and Liverpool are doing this season win or lose.

beakerjoe wrote: »

I have a sneaky suspicion mourinho's return is going to go off the rails this year.

1/2 - City and Utd
    3/4 - Arsenal & Liverpool
    5/6 - Chelsea & Spuds.

I imagine come the end of the year it'll be egg on face time, but i just have a a hunch it isnt going to go well at the bridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

All the time, here's just a few examples

Was it yerself that posted the "always the victims" thing at one stage, and then deleted it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

LOL, that's quite the prediction. Even if the transfers don't work out as expected Jose will get them 4th comfortably. Then we've City, Arsenal and as Lloyd posted United who are much bigger than us financially. Rodgers did such a great job with what he had it can be easy to forget that. Early days yet with transfers but he'll be up against it again.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Utd need a lot more players to challenge for the league imo. I think LVG will definitely improve them, but they need the likes of Smalling, Evans, Jones, Rafael, Carrick, Young and Nani to all step it up ten notches and that's just not going to happen. They need Shaw and Herrera to hit the ground running and who knows what will happen to Rooney once Van Gaal starts putting it up to him.

We are still better placed to finish top 4 imo for this season at least.

When you list the players like that it doesn't look as big a task. I do think United fans under estimate what needs to be done to get them back as PL regular title holders and CL contenders.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Sigurdsson who chose Spurs over us 2 seasons ago is now on the verge of a move to Crystal Palace :P:P:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

K-9 wrote: »
    When you list the players like that it doesn't look as big a task. I do think United fans under estimate what needs to be done to get them back as PL regular title holders and CL contenders.

There's a huge difference in being a regular PL winner and a CL contender.

Edit: Picked you up wrong there, thought you meant CL place contender.
    I don't think anybody thinks it will be in any way easy. Most of us would be happy with top 4 next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I am pie wrote: »
    I have a sneaky suspicion mourinho's return is going to go off the rails this year.

1/2 - City and Utd
    3/4 - Arsenal & Liverpool
    5/6 - Chelsea & Spuds.

I imagine come the end of the year it'll be egg on face time, but i just have a a hunch it isnt going to go well at the bridge.

It'll be Chelsea or City for the Title IMO, Can't see past Mourinho there tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

If united can keep RVP and rooney fit they will be right up there under lvg if they don't they will struggle again. I would strongly back to finish top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I am pie wrote: »
    Strongly agree, if they make a few more adjustments in the transfer market. Defensively still poor, Shaw is a gamble still and Evra has gone. CBs and Vidal type mf still needed. I suspect they'll get what they need though and challenge strongly.

I do feel Chelsea's big spend has not significantly improved them, I dont think Costa will adapt and I have a feeling Fabregas will be underwhelming. I think we can get at them, the mou-magic is on the wane! I will be bold and say that Chelsea will finish 5th or below prompting some panic moves at the Bridge. Russia will fall further out of favour internationally , sanctions will increase and Russian money will up sticks into a safer jurisdiction. Oscar & Hazard will have tricky seasons due to fatigue.

Tis the beginning of the end at the Bridge!

(the above may or not be 100% true...I certainly hope it is though!) The sanctions are increasing against Russia though, London theoretically could become a cold house for those siberians yet.

Ha, best defence in the league has been added to with Courtois, Luis and Zouma and the sale of Luiz, if we ship over 25 goals I'd be very surprised and 5th? Jaysus. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

brevity wrote: »

Sure they've no European football. It's a given.

LOL, that's quite the prediction. Even if the transfers don't work out as expected Jose will get them 4th comfortably. Then we've City, Arsenal and as Lloyd posted United who are much bigger than us financially. Rodgers did such a great job with what he had it can be easy to forget that. Early days yet with transfers but he'll be up against it again.

Top 4 will be a good achievement again. Premier League has never been so competitive.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Was it yerself that posted the "always the victims" thing at one stage, and then deleted it?

Not me anyway

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ha, best defence in the league has been added to with Courtois, Luis and Zouma and the sale of Luiz, if we ship over 25 goals I'd be very surprised and 5th? Jaysus. :pac:

I'll be putting money on Chelsea.

Will be very surprised if they don't win the PL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If City lose Toure and Aguero stays injury prone I think Chelsea will run away with the league.

Arsenal and City and Utd and Liverpool fighting for the next three places.

djPSB wrote: »
    I'll be putting money on Chelsea.

Will be very surprised if they don't win the PL.

Most people would have said the same last year but TSHOWCGPACLSFWC bottled it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

brevity wrote: »

LVG might do a better job than Moyes, but they're still a poor side.

They need virtually a whole new defence and midfield.

Meanwhile, City and Chelsea have two of the five strongest squads in world football.

We'll get a better idea how Utd, ourselves and Arsenal will fare when the window shuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Turtyturd wrote: »

One hell of a 'slip' up alight.

Addition of Matic, Fabregas, Costa plus others makes it a totally different ballgame.

Plus 20 goal a season Victory Moses will be back.

What's that? Something about he who can't get Chelsea past CL S/F's? And yep, United having no EC distractions will help, I'm sure it wont be the last time it is mentioned!

Panthro wrote: »

Touch a nerve? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Richards & Sakho at CB together if they click could be the 2 biggest beasts the world has ever seen on a football pitch.

djPSB wrote: »
    Addition of Matic, Fabregas, Costa plus others makes it a totally different ballgame.

Plus 20 goal a season Victory Moses will be back.

Which ballgame?
    What's that? Something about he who can't get Chelsea past CL S/F's? And yep, United having no EC distractions will help, I'm sure it wont be the last time it is mentioned!

The Special Helicopter One Who Can't Get Past A Champions League Semi Final With Chelsea

Panthro wrote: »

Ye doing an Arsenal on it mightn't have been as dramatic but for me ye lost that title.

Ye doing an Arsenal on it mightn't have been as dramatic but for me ye lost that title.

Obviously mind games so people like ourselves would think he could bottle it again this year, then bam he wins the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

The Mig wrote: »
    Sigurdsson who chose Spurs over us 2 seasons ago is now on the verge of a move to Crystal Palace :P:P:P

nelson-ha-ha-195x141.gif

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Sport 1 linking us with The Next Reus, Sinan Kurt along with Bayern. Heard bits n bobs about him over the last year, but not seen enough to comment on him. Plays for Gladbach.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement