Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Sport 1 linking us with The Next Reus, Sinan Kurt along with Bayern. Heard bits n bobs about him over the last year, but not seen enough to comment on him. Plays for Gladbach.

If Bayern are interested LFC should pull the trigger and get him . If Bayern are looking at him him he must be a good player . They seem to Hoover up all the German talent .

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Fixed your question.

Meh, better than one or two others who pretend to give a damn about discussing football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

If Bayern are interested LFC should pull the trigger and get him . If Bayern are looking at him him he must be a good player . They seem to Hoover up all the German talent .

Yup, that would be a highly intelligent way of going about our business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sport 1 linking us with The Next Reus, Sinan Kurt along with Bayern. Heard bits n bobs about him over the last year, but not seen enough to comment on him. Plays for Gladbach.

Won't be to long till Spurs are sniffing around then :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Meh, better than one or two others who pretend to give a damn about discussing football.

Subtle as ever...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

The Mig wrote: »
    Sigurdsson who chose Spurs over us 2 seasons ago is now on the verge of a move to Crystal Palace :P:P:P

Delighted for the prick!!

If Richards managed to stay fit he could be a class signing for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I am pie wrote: »
    Strongly agree, if they make a few more adjustments in the transfer market. Defensively still poor, Shaw is a gamble still and Evra has gone. CBs and Vidal type mf still needed. I suspect they'll get what they need though and challenge strongly.

I do feel Chelsea's big spend has not significantly improved them, I dont think Costa will adapt and I have a feeling Fabregas will be underwhelming. I think we can get at them, the mou-magic is on the wane! I will be bold and say that Chelsea will finish 5th or below prompting some panic moves at the Bridge. Russia will fall further out of favour internationally , sanctions will increase and Russian money will up sticks into a safer jurisdiction. Oscar & Hazard will have tricky seasons due to fatigue.

Tis the beginning of the end at the Bridge!

(the above may or not be 100% true...I certainly hope it is though!) The sanctions are increasing against Russia though, London theoretically could become a cold house for those siberians yet.

You do realise Western Europe survives on Russian gas, Germany have hundreds of Billions invested in Russia which will be directly under threat if there are really serious sanctions against Russia. Since when have people mattered more than commerce? Not right but the way it is I am afraid.

As for Chelsea going pear shaped doubt it we still have all our best players and added real quality to our squad. Whilst of course you sold your best player, indeed the chap who got you CL football.

But time will tell

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

Not LFC related but think Newcastle have shopped very well so far. Janmaat and Cabella in particular, have the makings of a good team if they had a decent manager!

Speaking of Newcastle has it all gone quiet on M Sissoko.

I'd very happy to add him into our first team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Seemed to only be the one link from L'Equipe and then went quiet.

Would be a great signing but I wonder if Rodgers considers Gerrard, Lucas and Can to be adequate. Backline needs more urgent attention.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

You do realise Western Europe survives on Russian gas, Germany have hundreds of Billions invested in Russia which will be directly under threat if there are really serious sanctions against Russia. Since when have people mattered more than commerce? Not right but the way it is I am afraid.

As for Chelsea going pear shaped doubt it we still have all our best players and added real quality to our squad. Whilst of course you sold your best player, indeed the chap who got you CL football.

But time will tell
    But with Suarez gone, FIFA have handed us a special dispensation to actually play 11 v 11 this year instead of the 1 v 11 last year, so all is not lost:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

5live wrote: »
    But with Suarez gone, FIFA have handed us a special dispensation to actually play 11 v 11 this year instead of the 1 v 11 last year, so all is not lost:rolleyes:

Most shocking thing about that is FIFA doing something, anything to help an English team :-)

ManOnFire wrote: »
    Not LFC related but think Newcastle have shopped very well so far. Janmaat and Cabella in particular, have the makings of a good team if they had a decent manager!

Exactly. Whoever they sign is negated by who their manager is in my eyes.

I don't think we'll see any movement in regards to central midfield until if and when Lucas goes, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Re Fantasy Football.

I was the admin for this thread specific classic league the last 2 years. There was over 200 entrants from here last year. I had a monster season last year and won it :pac:

"All players from last season will automatically be entered into the renewed league(s) when they join the game."

I just renewed it.

Edit for newcomers, Code to join this league: 19044-27157

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

I think we've been linked with him last year. Maybe we've decided to do something about it or it could just be lazy journalism rehashing stuff

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/417425/Liverpool-and-Arsenal-keep-tabs-on-next-Marco-Reus-Sinan-Kurt

Liverpool close to signing Origi and have a growing interest in Loic Remy. Club feel Bony deal would be difficult to do. (Barrett)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

daithijjj wrote: »
    Re Fantasy Football.

I was the admin for this thread specific classic league the last 2 years. There was over 200 entrants from here last year. I had a monster season last year and won it :pac:

"All players from last season will automatically be entered into the renewed league(s) when they join the game."

I just renewed it.

Is it open to anyone who posts on the forum?

Liverpool close to signing Origi and have a growing interest in Loic Remy. Club feel Bony deal would be difficult to do. (Barrett)

Remy for £$€8m is a no brainer really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

daithijjj wrote: »
    Re Fantasy Football.

I just renewed it.

I had a pretty good season lol and had a terrible finish :eek: but man it was fun !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I would prefer Remy to Bony. I think Remy's wage demands could be a problem though. Hopefully we can get Remy for 8m it would be a great piece of business.

Barrett also claims The Rodgers wants at least 5 more players in.

RB, LB, CB, Striker and Keeper five players right there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

That didn't work out so well for Spurs last year. Although that's not much of a sample size.

What positions do you guys need 5 signings for? A striker, a Gerrard replacement (necessary in the medium term), a left back, what else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

which must mean a good few players out id imagine.

Reina
    Agger
    Wisdom(loan)
    Kelly
    Toure
    Texiera (loan)
    Suso (loan)
    Lucas

im sure im forgetting others but id say these seem most likely imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

That didn't work out so well for Spurs last year. Although that's not much of a sample size.

What positions do you guys need 5 signings for? A striker, a Gerrard replacement (necessary in the medium term), a left back, what else?
    Centre half

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

i assume Can is seen as the SG replacement but whether he is ready now or not is another thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Will be interesting to see what keeper we're after. Hopefully one that might communicate with the defenders and push them out of the 6 yard box...

A starting centre half? I thought your problems last year were more a lack of coordination at the back and adequate midfield contribution defensively than poor CBs.

Sakho and Agger are both good enough, and Skrtl is a decent third choice, while also being handy to have around for a few goals.

I thought you mainly conceded so many goals because your game was all out attack, in that your midfielders had little ability defensively but loads going forward.

No idea about Can, I had asssumed he was a DM. Has anyone actually seen him play?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

brevity wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see what keeper we're after. Hopefully one that might communicate with the defenders and push them out of the 6 yard box...

Think it was one of the echo lads had a webchat a while ago and said if a keeper comes in it will more then likely be a young understudy sort of keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

When's our next preseason match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Vicxas wrote: »

Saturday v preston i think?

But for next season LFC will need to have a bigger squad . So I can see why the club will needs more players . Your only as strong as your bench and last seasons bench was pretty dire .
    Lambert will more then likely be on the bench but he is an option so is Borini an option too . LFC need more of these type of players aswell as first team players .

Vicxas wrote: »

Saturday live on BT Sports 1 at 14;30 against Preston North End.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

tritium wrote: »
    Is it open to anyone who posts on the forum?

If you want to join fire away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Did a load of posts disappear or is it just me?

But for next season LFC will need to have a bigger squad . So I can see why the club will needs more players . Your only as strong as your bench and last seasons bench was pretty dire .
    Lambert will more then likely be on the bench but he is an option so is Borini an option too . LFC need more of these type of players aswell as first team players .

True, and I was the first one saying you'd need to extend the squad back in April. Though I don't think those bench options will be causing much worry too be perfectly honest. (At least, not compared with City and Chelsea, and to a lesser extent Arsenal).

I was just asking in which positions you'd be expecting those signings, and noting that it could have a negative impact on the team itself, but I guess that can't really be helped.

First one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

They were only 3 points down on the season before. I would take that right now for Liverpool.

Remy for £$€8m is a no brainer really.

For sure.
    klose wrote: »
    Think it was one of the echo lads had a webchat a while ago and said if a keeper comes in it will more then likely be a young understudy sort of keeper.

I'm hoping against hope it's an improvement on Mignolet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Why was one of my posts deleted?

First one?

ie. I've said it before, a few times. I could find you a post to that effect, though I'm sure you'd trawl through them and find one from the day before just to prove your "point".

I'm not sure what your pettiness is about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

True, and I was the first one saying you'd need to extend the squad back in April. Though I don't think those bench options will be causing much worry too be perfectly honest. (At least, not compared with City and Chelsea, and to a lesser extent Arsenal).

I was just asking in which positions you'd be expecting those signings, and noting that it could have a negative impact on the team itself, but I guess that can't really be helped.

Early days yet and there was chat Borini could go. Put it this way Sturridge, Sterling, Coutinho, Lallana, Markovic, Remy and Ibe gives us more squad options than last year when we had Moses and Alberto. I do agree that we can't compare with Chelsea or Arsenals options but we badly need to add to the squad. We only really had 13/14 players we could rely on last year it was that bad. So it is different to what Spurs did.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

We paid 18M for lallana
    Madird paid 20M for kroos

They were only 3 points down on the season before. I would take that right now for Liverpool.
    I think that doesn't fully sum it up though. They were down 9 points relative to what they wanted to complete for (the Cl places, they went from a point away to 10 off 4th).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

We paid 18M for lallana

Kroos was never a viable option!

We paid 18M for lallana

Lallana on probably £70k a week.

Kroos on probably £150/200k a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

For sure.

I'm hoping against hope it's an improvement on Mignolet.

That web chat was surprising saying the club expected more from Mig. Remy makes sense but as mentioned wages could be a problem, he's on 75k or so. Still one quality attacking addition for me.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

I don't think strenghening the squad will have a bad effect . I think it will have a good effect .
    I mean you can see last season when a player was injured it would leave you scratching your head and thinking who is going to come in now .
    If Suarez and Sturrigde had of been out at the same time it would have been aspas leading the line an I don't think that would have worked at all .
    Plus competition for places will also make your starting 11 perform better because if they don't perform you can drop them or rotate them .

K-9 wrote: »
    That web chat was surprising saying the club expected more from Mig. Remy makes sense but as mentioned wages could be a problem, he's on 75k or so. Still one quality attacking addition for me.

The wages part makes up for getting him at half price really.

Didn't someone post the other day that for a top 4 club to buy him it was £8m and anyone outside the top 4 it was closer to £15m.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement