Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

Drives me crackers when people do that to have a pop at the club!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

ie. I've said it before, a few times. I could find you a post to that effect, though I'm sure you'd trawl through them and find one from the day before just to prove your "point".

I'm not sure what your pettiness is about.

I only trawl through my posts if I want to laugh at a bad prediction or bump something.

You say first one like Liverpool fans are unaware that strength of depth was a massive issue for what, last season, even longer that that, that's what it read like.

The wages part makes up for getting him at half price really.

Didn't someone post the other day that for a top 4 club to buy him it was £8m and anyone outside the top 4 it was closer to £15m.

Yeah I did. Think it was £8M for us. £11M for Everton and Spurs. £15m for those not in Europe.

K-9 wrote: »
    That web chat was surprising saying the club expected more from Mig. Remy makes sense but as mentioned wages could be a problem, he's on 75k or so. Still one quality attacking addition for me.

I maintain Mignolet was an improvement on Reina over his last 3 seasons, but I lost count the amount of times I shat a brick when the ball came back to Mignolet during matches. I've never seen a goalkeeper so nervous on the ball since playing under age level. The sweeping part is vitally important too and something he completely lacks. Lloris would be ideal in that regards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Yeah I did. Think it was £8M for us. £11M for Everton and Spurs. £15m for those not in Europe.

That really is great work by his agent I think getting him that kind of contract.

We paid 18M for lallana
    Madird paid 20M for kroos

Kroos had 1 year left on his contract and will be on a minimum of 200K P/W.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

@TonyBarretTimes
    Rodgers also put Alexis Sanchez's decision to join @Arsenal ahead of @LFC down to "geography." "The player wanted to live somewhere else."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

@TonyBarretTimes: Brendan Rodgers has confirmed that @LFC are yet to dip into the proceeds of Luis Suarez's sale despite spending £60m already this summer.

There we have it, plenty of money still to be spent.

I'll leave this here - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-transfer-hit-list-now-includes-3875539

Liverpool are not signing Reus though -_-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

We paid 18M for lallana
    Madird paid 20M for kroos

Did you see that on one of those lad bible pages or something!? Incredibly simplistic way of looking at things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

@TonyBarretTimes: Brendan Rodgers has confirmed that @LFC are yet to dip into the proceeds of Luis Suarez's sale despite spending £60m already this summer.

There we have it, plenty of money still to be spent.

That's good, I was getting a bit worried with the links to Bertrand and Richards that there mightn't be as much as reported available. The likes of Davies and Richards would still leave plenty over.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

I maintain Mignolet was an improvement on Reina over his last 3 seasons, but I lost count the amount of times I shat a brick when the ball came back to Mignolet during matches. I've never seen a goalkeeper so nervous on the ball since playing under age level. The sweeping part is vitally important too and something he completely lacks. Lloris would be ideal in that regards.

Lloris is a great keeper but he takes sweeping to level Neuer without the conviction. I don't think I'd be able to watch him without a couple of mini heart attacks throughout the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I'll leave this here - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-transfer-hit-list-now-includes-3875539

Seems plausible enough. Team should look something like this come September:

Mignolet
    Aurier--Lovren--Sakho--Davies
    Pogba
    Vidal
    Reus
    --Sanchez
    Suarez
    Remy

Seems plausible enough. Team should look something like this come September:

Mignolet
    Aurier--Lovren--Sakho--Davies
    Pogba
    Vidal
    Reus
    --Sanchez
    Suarez
    Remy

I dunno mate, two centre backs who both like to play lcb in the same team seems totally implausible to me you are dreaming with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

mav79 wrote: »
    Lloris is a great keeper but he takes sweeping to level Neuer without the conviction. I don't think I'd be able to watch him without a couple of mini heart attacks throughout the season.

Do you know whose really great as a sweeper keeper....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Fescue wrote: »
    Do you know whose really great as a sweeper keeper....

Doni

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Full article here

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-brendan-rodgers-vows-7449882

Can usually take the Echo seriously.

So looks like we've given up on Bony in favour of Remy. I would have preferred the latter, though certainly Remy at less than half the price makes more sense. Should be a good piece of business. Would be nice to have that goalscoring option off the bench in games.

So we can expect more signings but in what areas?

Lovren still seems to be a priority, but if £20m has already been rejected I can't see us going much higher.

Seems we are keen on Ben Davies, though again £8m has been rejected - is he worth it to go higher? I'm not sure if he's an upgrade on Enrique, though certainly more backup here would be nice.

What else?

A goalkeeper maybe? Talk about Mignolet not being fancied and it's a long season ahead.

The players linked still seem more like squad fillers at the moment, would be nice if we heard some real links towards some bigger names.

It's going to be interesting next season though, a lot of new faces. It looks like we are going to see a massive outlay this summer. Rodgers' Liverpool regime could end up being defined by how successful these signings become.

It's a big window, no doubt about it.

Doni

angif-hit-the-nail-on-the-head.gif

Hook, line and sinker :D
    mav79 wrote: »

I think he's one of few notable, decent sweeper keepers around, IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Touch a nerve? :D
    Not at tall!:D
    K-9 wrote: »
    Ye doing an Arsenal on it mightn't have been as dramatic but for me ye lost that title.
    Always City's to lose as far as I was concerned.

• Advertisement

Panthro wrote: »
    Not at tall!:D

Always City's to lose as far as I was concerned.

You bought into the Mourinho horse manure in my opinion. I firmly believe Mourinho talked Chelsea out of the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Fescue wrote: »
    You bought into the Mourinho horse manure in my opinion. I firmly believe Mourinho talked Chelsea out of the title.

Nah, we knew City had a slightly better team overall.
    We were more surprised than anyone that we were on their coats, they slipped up a lot more than I thought would happen.

We were more surprised than anyone that we were on their coats, they slipped up a lot more than I thought would happen.

I'm still struggling to see Mourinho's Chelsea as some sort of plucky underdog, just happy to be in the conversation.

If he was a little more positive, you could easily have won it.

Be interesting to see has he changed his attitude for this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Id prefer remy over bony I think he would suit us more and he could play off the right hand side if needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Interesting that the Remy thing was mentioned by so many. Did Barrett tweet it before press time or did everyone get briefed by someone?

Personally I don't know why we wouldn't go for him. We've been linked before and the £8m price tag has been mooted all summer. He's worth more. I mean we're selling Assaidi for most of it, and Borini will go for more, probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

You have to tip your hat to Mourinho. He finished third in the league with that squad and received zero criticism, nay barely a raised eyebrow, from Chelsea fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Yep, gotta say the Remy link makes a lot more sense to me than the Bony one. I trust BR and the committee, but the rumours of signing Bony were leaving me seriously underwhelmed.

Nice little squad we'll have if a few of these 'mooted' deals actually happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Interesting that the Remy thing was mentioned by so many. Did Barrett tweet it before press time or did everyone get briefed by someone?

Personally I don't know why we wouldn't go for him. We've been linked before and the £8m price tag has been mooted all summer. He's worth more. I mean we're selling Assaidi for most of it, and Borini will go for more, probably.

Pretty clear that selected journalists are being briefed by the club all summer. It's happened a number of times that a rumour or story has broken across the Guardian, Times, BBC, Echo and the Mirror with similar details and even phrasing.

Looks like Remy, Lovren are the current order of business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

The reason Chelsea lost the title - the only reason Chelsea lost the title was because you dropped 11 points in the last 9 games against Villa, Palace, Sunderland and Norwich. Win any two of those games, and you're champions now.

• Advertisement

So if we still haven't dipped into the suarez fund and its "reliably" reported rodgers wants at least 5 more signings you are talking 15-20 mill players we will be after and no "marquee" signings that some yearn for. Of course thats grand if we go look around europe but it seems to be mostly premiership players we are targeting thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Any time in feel maudlin over Suarez I watch Sterling videos and all is right with the world again, looking at the pace, body strength and passing on display in those videos we really do have a special talent on our hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I really can't understand why anyone hasn't got remy yet. £8m is a pure bargain even if he is looking for 80 - 100k per week.

Hoping we wrap this up quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Do yous reckon it could be time to give Sterling the no.7 shirt. Could be an added boost for him going into this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

10478173_10152691375317573_6661793006585090182_n.jpg

Ya know, when ya look at this list, ya realise we don't need much more.

It's great to see Pepe back in the running. Truly hope we keep him there to keep pressure on Mingolet. But overall thats a decent list of players. Considering this 33 man list gets cut down to 25, excluding those outside selection terms (ie young lads), we've a strong potential 25. Maybe some defensive reinforcements would be welcomed and another attacking option.

I think it's just refreshing to see the squad on paper. I also trust that if there's more signings, Rodgers can combat the whole Spurs-Bale syndrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

no way. unneccessary pressure. should be for a marquee signing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

rob316 wrote: »
    I really can't understand why anyone hasn't got remy yet. £8m is a pure bargain even if he is looking for 80 - 100k per week.

Hoping we wrap this up quick.

Don't trust anyone that was involved in that QPR debacle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

6k6Lqz.jpg

suarez-dive.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

6k6Lqz.jpg

suarez-dive.gif

Where did that poll come from?

Not that im complaining :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

That reads like a quote from 'The Rodgers'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Do yous reckon it could be time to give Sterling the no.7 shirt. Could be an added boost for him going into this season.

Agree, but don't think he will get it. Clubs/Players don't tend to change squad numbers these days, but for some weird reason I love it when they do.
    Steven Gerrard 28,17,8!!
    Robbie Fowler 23,9...11,,9.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Can anyone post the text of Barrets article please?

30 days....

I said the other day I think Lambert should get till a real contender for the jersey comes along.

Lambert will maybe have 2 seasons at the club he is also a kid from the Kop and understands what that jersey means to the fans.

Untill someone wordy of it comes I'd happily let the kid from the Kop wear it.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Where did that poll come from?

Not that im complaining :)

It's from the Mirror. (I think)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I said the other day I think Lambert should get till a real contender for the jersey comes along.

Lambert will maybe have 2 seasons at the club he is also a kid from the Kop and understands what that jersey means to the fans.

I think if you give Ricky the number 7 it would give him a serious confidence boost.

Or the pressure could get to him.... i hope it would be the first.

Remy is pacey and could work well as a decent squad player.

Vicxas wrote: »
    I think if you give Ricky the number 7 it would give him a serious confidence boost.

Or the pressure could get to him.... i hope it would be the first.

I really think it would be the first.

Also imagine what message that gives every single kid in the academy that thinks they may not make or are told they aren't good enough right now.

I just really think it is a dream story he has and to end up wearing the Liverpool number 7 shows dreams do come true.

I wouldn't give Lambert the number 7 shirt considering he won't start every game.

If he scores 20 league goals this season then maybe he gets it.
    Let players earn iconic shirts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Whoever has the #7 shirt should be a nailed on starter every week. That rules Ricky out I'm afraid.

Ben

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement