Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

viper006 wrote: »
    Gotta wonder how many games you watched last season if you think this. His ability, will to win and contribution to our performances last season is hard to quantify he was just that important to us. There were many times last season we werent the best or under pressure but his magic got us over the line.

Its a huge blow to our starting 11 losing him.Felt like rodgers was on the cusp of something great with the team he was building and now we have taken a huge step back. Sturridge is a fantastic player no doubt but with his injury record and amount of games we have this season coming , it wouldnt be mad to assume hel miss a chunk of next season as well with his usual niggling injuries he picks up. Lambert, borini and remy/bony are not going to remotely be able to contribute as much. I dont expect BR to 75m on a striker but if we dont get a top quality replacement, its going to be hard to stay in top 4.

The real kick in the sack however is that while we lose our best player, Barca funded the transfer by selling afew of their own.Arsenal get Sanchez and chelsea get Cesc , 2 very good additions of real quality that only makes them stronger. Theres a huge swing there no matter what way you look at it. Just wouldnt have imagined at the end of the season things would have played out so badly for us.

Louvren, remy, moreno,davies, for another 50-60m only makes me even more concerned to be honest

pretty much all of the games. if you focus upon the run into the end of the season, Suarez actually really let us down. now he didn't owe us anything, but my his own standards he was poor.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Bsz8kWQCIAAq3hO.jpg:large

At least Zaq has soft hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

He doesn't have a sleeve tattoo he was never going to fit in at Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

That Kate Cohen article has been viewed 31,649 times. If she's getting paid per view, we've made her a tidy profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Very interesting article here on Mingolet
    He made more individual errors leading to a goal than other goalie in the premier league last year
    5 goals is a lot of goals. Surpising because I thought he had a decent season
    https://www.bsports.com/extratime/201314-numbers-goalkeepers-cech-mannone-szczesny-mignolet#.U8kT1PldWGM

Keeper-Errors.png

going to be interesting to see what happens with reina now. with the increase in money, maybe his wages are more managable. he's the ideal sweeper keeper, comfortable with the ball at his feet. something i never liked mingolet doing, though i do like him as a keeper.

really like the idea of the two lads being in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

He doesn't have a sleeve tattoo he was never going to fit in at Liverpool.

Andriy+Voronin+Ukraine+v+Sweden+Group+UEFA+jKgaaJHQVoRl.jpg

Where did it all go wrong for poor Voronin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Aspas is very slight for a striker isn't he? Nothing wrong with that if he excelled in other areas like pace, skill or heading but I am honestly struggling to think of what he was good at exactly.

Except corners of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

martyos121 wrote: »
    Andriy+Voronin+Ukraine+v+Sweden+Group+UEFA+jKgaaJHQVoRl.jpg

Where did it all go wrong for poor Voronin?

It was never right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

brevity wrote: »
    That Kate Cohen article has been viewed 31,649 times. If she's getting paid per view, we've made her a tidy profit.

Isn't she married to some Knex lad. Explains all the links though;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

El Inho wrote: »
    pretty much all of the games. if you focus upon the run into the end of the season, Suarez actually really let us down. now he didn't owe us anything, but my his own standards he was poor.

Suarez really let us down in the run in ?
    Last 8 games of the season Suarez ratings

For an average of 7.67

The 6.85 was v Chelsea in the 2-0 loss which was still the third highest rated Liverpool player on the pitch.

Not sure what standards you are looking for but if you are saying Suarez was poor then he must have been the greatest player of all time up until that point with those stats.

By comparison these are sturridges last 8 games

Average 6.95

Which included a 5 game scoreless streak

Aspas is very slight for a striker isn't he? Nothing wrong with that if he excelled in other areas like pace, skill or heading but I am honestly struggling to think of what he was good at exactly.

Except corners of course.

He does have some good qualities. He had perfect Spanish so he could understand every word of abuse he took from Suarez.
    Also, he's a world class scapegoat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Gotta love arbitrary ratings numbers.

Your post only gets a 4.576 on the Mike65 scale I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Thud

They're giving him an adamantium skeleton, why didn't we think of that?

That pic is begging to be photoshopped, Friday afternoon competition anyone???

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Kirby wrote: »
    Gotta love arbitrary ratings numbers.

Your post only gets a 4.576 on the Mike65 scale I'm afraid.

Goals scored is an arbitary number too, as are assists, successful passes, tackles won etc etc etc
    I like those numbers though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Got this off the F365 blog, made me laugh out loud in work:

Spurs haiku:

No transfers so far
    Leave it 'til the deadline day
    Sign Odemwingie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

One look at his physique and we should have ran a mile

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

flanzer wrote: »
    One look at his physique and we should have ran a mile

One look at his stonewash jeans and we should have ran a mile.

#hipster

Thud wrote: »
    They're giving him an adamantium skeleton, why didn't we think of that?

That pic is begging to be photoshopped, Friday afternoon competition anyone???

5jtJpi.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

There's 2 things any footballer signing for liverpool should have.

A sleeve tattoo.
    Great hair.

I think Rodgers knows this and we'll see him signing these types of players more often. Markovic, Lallana and can all have it. Not sure about lambert.

Look at the players being shipped out. Aspaz has neither, Suarez has neither, Carroll had neither, Adam, downing and kuyt were all the same.

Rodgers has a plan in place and we should trust him. We WILL have the best looking team in the PL in the next 2 years.

Bookmark this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

While you are a bastion of light, making out like you get everything right, going around referring to a poster continually as 'The Turd', ie: a piece of crap, all the while getting away with it bizarrely, and further more thanking anything negatively said about him obsessively is what we should aspire to be, correct?

This post is riddled with inaccuracies, just thought I'd put that out there, carry on.

• Advertisement

This place has changed me. Someone emails a panda video and I immediately think 'oh the saps will love this one'. Weird.

6f778w.jpg

hefferboi wrote: »

A sleeve tattoo.
    Great hair.

I think Rodgers knows this and we'll see him signing these types of players more often. Markovic, Lallana and can all have it. Not sure about lambert.

Look at the players being shipped out. Aspaz has neither, Suarez has neither, Carroll had neither, Adam, downing and kuyt were all the same.

Rodgers has a plan in place and we should trust him. We WILL have the best looking team in the PL in the next 2 years.

Bookmark this.

So we ARE signing Reus? :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I'd say we'll get a bitchy tweet from Aspaz saying how the club is being ruined by insider stuff like sleeve tattoos and good hair that he wasn't aware of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I'd say we'll get a bitchy tweet from Aspaz saying how the club is being ruined by insider stuff like sleeve tattoos and good hair that he wasn't aware of.

The Riera effect. When ya' don't got it, ya' don't got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

gafferino wrote: »
    This place has changed me. Someone emails a panda video and I immediately think 'oh the saps will love this one'. Weird.

This has made my day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

tok9 wrote: »
    This has made my day.

Incredible.

The body slam at 0:27 had me in stitches.

This happens to me as well....

Saw this article and thought "It's a sign! Our year"

Was that a wresting move at 0:26?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Jeesh you'll do anything for a thanks...

(Awaiting thanks from pilsbury doughboy)

It's clearly a dive, he's a world class panda but that part of his game is dragging him down, he needs to cut it out

• Advertisement

Exclusive picture from the Soccer Access Forum as the mods check out the eligibility of potential pandas for the Liverpool thread:

10502218_10153009193953084_5131146088265927602_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Today has that good/weird Friday feeling. Like everyone's already drunk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

hefferboi wrote: »

A sleeve tattoo.
    Great hair.

Bookmark this.

Carroll had nothing if not impeccable hair!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

eh...WTF?!
    Sky Sports Football ‏@SkyFootball 4m Dnipro have rejected West Ham’s offer of £9.5million for Ukraine winger Yevhen Konoplyanka, according to Sky sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheStig13

Liverpool linked now with isco. A player I would love too see play for us..What's yeer opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Paj

TheStig13 wrote: »
    Liverpool linked now with isco. A player I would love too see play for us..What's yeer opinions?

He's a fantastic player. I'd be well jealous if yiz snared him

Source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Carroll had nothing if not impeccable hair!

Behave!

• Advertisement

Whats the issue with long hair ? I've never got that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Anybody spot Skrtel at 27 seconds in?

Pulling Sterling to the ground, the man is a liability i tells ya:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Whats the issue with long hair ? I've never got that?

Only a positive as far as i'm concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

El Inho wrote: »
    I was thinking the opposite. Think it's being blown out of proportion. Sure he's a big loss, but we've got the second best striker from last year...who missed a large section through injury.

You have Suarez on the pitch alongside Sturridge, you are going to have half the team concerned with where Suarez is and what he is doing.

This frees up far more space for Sturridge to be effective. Without Suarez, teams will be able to focus more on marking Sturridge.

This is putting aside the effect Suarez' determination,hunger and overall influence he has in every game he played for the most part.

Going to be a huge huge loss and if Liverpool don't take advantage of the previous season we just had in the transfer market, then we are going to fall back into the mix for fourth place.

Chelsea and Arsenals first 11 is now much stronger than our first 11 with the deals they have done and the deals we have done.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Only a positive as far as i'm concerned.

Unfortunately I've lost the battle and am now in camp Skrtel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

I've seen reports linking us to him since the start if year, though mostly lazy space fillers. The numbers quoted seem bonkers for what he's achieved though (mid 30 millions). What would Madrid likely let him go for and is he worth it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

tritium wrote: »
    I've seen reports linking us to him since the start if year, though mostly lazy space fillers. The numbers quoted seem bonkers for what he's achieved though (mid 30 millions). What would Madrid likely let him go for and is he worth it?

We have a chance if they look like getting James Rodriguez. Still unlikely though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Not saying he'll be at Liverpool, but I can't see Isco being at Madrid next season. With Kroos and potentially Rodriguez coming in, and considering he could barely get a look in last year, he must be on his way out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Everyone saying Isco didn't get a look in last season. He played in 53 games last season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Matt Cotton ‏@FindingCotton 6m
    Sunderland have agreed a £14m deal with Liverpool for Fabio Borini. Personal terms to be discussed. #SAFC #LFC

let this be true!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

viper006 wrote: »
    Matt Cotton ‏@FindingCotton 6m
    Sunderland have agreed a £14m deal with Liverpool for Fabio Borini. Personal terms to be discussed. #SAFC #LFC

let this be true!!!

@RichardBuxton_: #LFC set to sell Fabio Borini to Sunderland for a reported £14M. Tidy 3M profit for a player that never lived up to his manager's billing.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement