Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

A good move for Borini. They seem to idolise him there.

I like the guy. Unlucky with injuries with us.
    Hope he does well if he goes to Sunderland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Oussama - 7 million. Borini - 14 million

Bs2amaPIcAEMmIN.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Nice business there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

No disrespect to Borini but it shows you what 15m gets you these days. Transfer fee going mental. Borini not worth that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Tony Barrett just confirmed it
    Sunderland have agreed a fee with Liverpool for Fabio Borini. The deal will be worth up to £14m if Borini can agree personal terms.

We will surely buy 2 strikers with only Sturridge & Lambert as our 2 strikers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Replacing Borini with Remy for no outlay would be great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

I took plenty of stick when i said Borini would never be good enough for Liverpool. Thats the way it goes. He will fight like a dog in the street for the team he plays for, which is great, ultimately not good enough for where LFC want to be.

All the best to him, it wasnt for lack of effort. I expect theres far less than 14m up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,674 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

image.jpg

Hello saps! Made it.. Look forward to the odd comment here and there, keep up the good work :cool:

Tech dinosaur no idea, I think there is a panda in the link somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭0028673

Borini on his way to Sunderland?

Tony Barrett @TonyBarretTimes · 13m
    Sunderland have agreed a fee with Liverpool for Fabio Borini. The deal will be worth up to £14m if Borini can agree personal terms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Bringing in Remy now would be great, hopefully along with another striker of similar calibre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

£21 million for Assaidi and Borini along with the Suarez money leaves us with £90m+ still to spend, if reports can be believed.
    Seems plausible enough. Team should look something like this come September:

Mignolet
    Aurier--Lovren--Sakho--Davies
    Pogba
    Vidal
    Reus
    --Sanchez
    Suarez
    Remy

Looking nailed on now.

Have to get Remy signed up asap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

0028673 wrote: »
    Have to get Remy signed up asap,the sap
    FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Borini to Sunderland for £12-14m?

Now that really is showing excellent movement that he was always associated with.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

"Liverpool sell Borini for 14m and replace him with Remy for 8m"

Hope it works out and is not another

"Incredible piece of business by Chelsea selling Sturridge for 12m and replacing him with Ba for 7.5m"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

0028673 wrote: »
    £12M upfront with an extra £2M performance related.

Any news, any bantz?

Not being online all day

Borini to Sunderland? fair enough but what was the point signing him?

With him, Aspas and Suarez gone we need at least 2 forwards.

Get the finger out lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

daithijjj wrote: »
    I took plenty of stick when i said Borini would never be good enough for Liverpool. Thats the way it goes. He will fight like a dog in the street for the team he plays for, which is great, ultimately not good enough for where LFC want to be.

All the best to him, it wasnt for lack of effort. I expect theres far less than 14m up front.
    I got stick for saying the same. Borini has a likable character and has some great traits, but his finishing was poor and at no point did I ever see a player who would score 15+ goals in a season for us. With the likes of Ibe showing more as an impact player off the bench, then it makes no sense to keep Borini around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

its a great fee for somebody that was barely going to play all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

Watch him score a hat trick against us now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

14m that's good business coupled with 7m for assaidi and Allen a decent squad member, Rodgers transfer record doesn't look bad.

Imagine all the wages we are saving!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Get remy in now quickly, £8m will be the signing of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Sunderland fan here. Delighted if it actually happens, Borini is a great player for a club like ours to have and he will enable us to push on.

In that regard 14 million is a good fee

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Borini 14m gives us 3M profit
    Assaidi 7 gives us 5M profit
    Total 8m

Remy = 8m

We get remy with the profit and break even on the signings.
    Great business

Sunderland fan here. Delighted if it actually happens, Borini is a great player for a club like ours to have and he will enable us to push on.

In that regard 14 million is a good fee

Hope he scores a ridiculous amount of goals for Sunderland.

Borini 14m gives us 3M profit
    Assaidi 7 gives us 5M profit
    Total 8m

Remy = 8m

We get remy with the profit and break even on the signings.
    Great business

Remys wages are probably combined what the two lads are on.

Transfer fees only tell a part of the story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Remys wages are probably combined what the two lads are on.

Transfer fees only tell a part of the story.

Yea but it's not costing us anything extra. The lads are probaly on 35K each.
    Remy would be 60-70K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It's very unusual to find two sides entirely happy with a transfer deal but I suspect both Liverpool and Sunderland will feel that way regarding Borini.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Best of luck to fabio if he goes, a likeable player and a good one with alot of potential to boot, he will do very well with sunderland, he will give them 15+ goals a season easy

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Hope he scores a ridiculous amount of goals for Sunderland.

Except against us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

MD1990 wrote: »
    We will surely buy 2 strikers with only Sturridge & Lambert as our 2 strikers.

Whats the rush. We can see if there's any value to be had in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Paully D wrote: »
    It's very unusual to find two sides entirely happy with a transfer deal but I suspect both Liverpool and Sunderland will feel that way regarding Borini.

Well I think all Liverpool fans wish him very well! His effort was never in question (unlike some we've had) and without meaning to sound snobbish I don't think he has the quality Liverpool require now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

viper006 wrote: »
    No disrespect to Borini but it shows you what 15m gets you these days. Transfer fee going mental. Borini not worth that

He is to a Sunderland. He will make a big difference for a side like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

Liverpool need either 2 more strikers if they are going to play 2 up top or else another attacking midfielder or 2 if they are going to play 3 behind the striker

To play that system though they will need another centre mid with Lucas possibly departing also.

With the sizeable transfer kitty Liverpool should have the funds to secure the signings they need to defence as well. Talks that Johnson is going to be heading to QPR soon too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Id have killed for fabio over victory M lasts season but if he wants games and isn't guaranteed em here then best of luck to him at sunderland, hope he does well there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Suarez - £75m.
    Borini - £14m.
    Assaidi - £8m.

= £97m without even taking into account our transfer budget, Champions League income or new tv money.

I can see us turning a profit this transfer window. I don't know why we aren't being more ambitious with our targets. We almost won the league, are in the Champions League next year and have bags of cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Tusky wrote: »
    Suarez - £75m.
    Borini - £14m.
    Assaidi - £8m.

= £97m without even taking into account our transfer budget, Champions League income or new tv money.

I can see us turning a profit this transfer window. I don't know why we aren't being more ambitious with our targets. We almost won the league, are in the Champions League next year and have bags of cash.

Going for the most money in the bank trophy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Definitely will top the Lowest Net Spend table anyway, which is where the true glory is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

Tusky wrote: »
    Suarez - £75m.
    Borini - £14m.
    Assaidi - £8m.

There was supposed to be £60M for transfers before any sales. Spent about 60 million on Lallana, Markovic, Can and Lambert.

Still need to improve the squad and replace the likes of Lucas who should be leaving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

Borini + Assaidi ~= Lallana

Fair enough, happy with that to be honest :)

Lovren, Moreno, Remy and Griezmann please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,030 ✭✭✭✭GBX

ush wrote: »
    He is to a Sunderland. He will make a big difference for a side like that.

And he did last year .. was vital to them.
    Id have liked to see him get another chance .. but c'est la vie. All the best Fabio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

When players leave Liverpool they tend to play better somewhere else.

Borini will do well with Sunderland, it is a good deal all round.

ebbsy wrote: »
    When players leave Liverpool they tend to play better somewhere else.

Borini will do well with Sunderland, it is a good deal all round.

Fernando says hi :)

slingerz wrote: »
    There was supposed to be £60M for transfers before any sales. Spent about 60 million on Lallana, Markovic, Can and Lambert.

Still need to improve the squad and replace the likes of Lucas who should be leaving

I must admit i am losing the battle to understand transfer fees.

Is it the initial fee, total fee with add-ons, fee paid each year over agreed time or what?

Lallanas fee is from 16m to 25m million. 16m initial, 25m total, 4m in accounts.

What fee? What? Whaaaaaaattt?

Anyways, its nice out tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

@DiMarzio: Loic #Remy will soon sign a five year's contract with @LFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Certainly seems a good deal, his wages are probably borinis and assaidis combined and more but hes a quality player.

Just on last years stats of goals scored

Sturridge: 21
    Remy: 14
    Lambert: 13

Obviously they all wont start and at best 2/3 will start up top at a time but it makes for better reading at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Remy for 8 and the outs of borini and assaidi for a combined total of 21 make for some nice reading.

Twitter talk tonight from a few ITK type folk that we are back in for Di maria. That would be lovely!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement