Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

djPSB wrote: »
    Goals for a forward are vital.

Many made the same argument when Downing was at the club. 'He provides great cover for the full back'.

I don't like to rip into players but downing was a coward . When you watched him play you sat there and though get some chalk on those boots and beat a man . Except the ball always seemed to go backwards or Enrique overlapped and tried to make something happen .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

klose wrote: »
    Eh.....why is borini starting? If he picks up a bad injury the deal will be off.

Im assuming its a goodbye game, or the Sunderland deal is smoke and mirrors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Eh.....why is borini starting? If he picks up a bad injury the deal will be off.

Ya bizarre it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

djPSB wrote: »
    Confirmed #LFC team v Preston: B Jones, Kelly, Flanagan, Skrtel, Wisdom, Lucas, Allen, Can, Coutinho, Lambert, Borini

Why play Fabio since he's as good as gone?
    Surely one of the kids or literally anyone else is a better option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Nice send off for Borini today if the deal goes through. He gave us the impression that he would have done anything for the club, and regardless of ability, you can't ask for more than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

No agger or tex. The likes of peterson, rossiter and adorjan arent going to the usa tour so i guess it makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

TBH I wouldnt start him but would be happy to see him centrally if sturridge was injured.
    I can see him starting a lot of games.

With rotation of our players both out wide and centrally during the game to drag fullbacks and centerbacks out of position and expose spaces for midfielders to run into, i can see Sturridge, Remy and Lambert starting a lot of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Vicxas wrote: »
    Im assuming its a goodbye game, or the Sunderland deal is smoke and mirrors.

I use to do the same in football manager for departing players, usually as a thank you for your service gesture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

rob316 wrote: »
    Stevie is 34.

34!? :eek: Don't know how anyone can argue against his role being eased tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I would say Sunderland have said we want him in tip top nick when he gets here so he has to play to get his fitness up .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Liverpool consulted with Sunderland and their preference was for him to play x minutes as part of preseason training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

I'd be fairly happy with Remy, seems a snip at that price, I know his wages might be steep but still good value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Thanks for the responses on Agger.

As people said it was mentioned a few times over the years but Kess and others made valid points regarding mobility and reading of the game which is vital.

If he read the game better he wouldn't get caught so often at set pieces!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I'm happy with Remy, reminds me of the chance we had to sign Anelka and blew it.

Hope the deal goes through.

A fresh Remy and Sterling running at a tired defense for the last 20 mins of a game is exactly the option we need.

I'll have to look at our games again from last season but I don't think we scored a lot of goals in the last 10 minutes of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

ush wrote: »
    No trophies in July.

Didn't a PL team win the WC last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Looking forward to seeing Lambert in a Liverpool shirt today. I'd love to see a debut goal and the beaming smile that would follow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

34!? :eek: Don't know how anyone can argue against his role being eased tbh

Unless we sign pogba or Vidal or someone of that ilk he will continue to start. We don't have anyone better currently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Looks like Rickie is our new number 9

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Sturrigde , Lambert and Remy is a good strike force to have . As good as Suarez was LFC have three proper options upfront now .

Suarez+Sturridge beats Sturridge+Lambert+Remy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

He's our best midfielder but what age is the chap? 32? You can't be asking a 32 year old to be a regular starter with the amount of games we're facing.

That's why we need another midfielder as well as, as you pointed out, for the likes of Hendo, Allen and Can to step up. Stevie G is at a stage where he can be still be used as an asset, but we need to be smart about how we deploy him.

32? I wish he was 32. Oh to have a 32 year old Gerrard would be sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Hate the new jersey, looks really cheap and tacky

Hate the new jersey, looks really cheap and tacky

Probably one of the better home jerseys from Warrior for me. The away and 3rd kits are write offs with them, it's as if the club said don't mess with the home jersey but go nuts on everything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

dogbert27 wrote: »
    I'm happy with Remy, reminds me of the chance we had to sign Anelka and blew it.

Hope the deal goes through.

A fresh Remy and Sterling running at a tired defense for the last 20 mins of a game is exactly the option we need.

I'll have to look at our games again from last season but I don't think we scored a lot of goals in the last 10 minutes of games.

We didn't need to cos we usually had 4 or 5 by that stage anyway :)

Can looks a very decent player already. Rodgers could make a star out of this lad.

Probably one of the better home jerseys from Warrior for me. The away and 3rd kits are write offs with them, it's as if the club said don't mess with the home jersey but go nuts on everything else.

The scuba suit away kit and this season's yellow are nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

martyos121 wrote: »
    Can looks a very decent player already. Rodgers could make a star out of this lad.

He's a big unit. Looks lively so far alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

All the white lines all over it looks a bit naff imo. My favourite home warrior jersey was the one from a couple years back with the collar, nice and simple!

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

I wouldn't call the away Jersey a write off. My fav warrior shirt so far, although it might be more for us eighties kids with a fondness for the crown paint yellow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

enjoyable runout this. Countinho looks a class apart.

Can off after 20 minutes. Real shame, he looked very bright today. It looks like a precautionary move, no need to risk anything at this stage.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't call the away Jersey a write off. My fav warrior shirt so far, although it might be more for us eighties kids with a fondness for the crown paint yellow!

This is me fashion talking but I couldn't wear yellow. :pac:

@cunnifferous I know the home jersey you're talk about, very nice indeed. They generally get the home jerseys spot on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Hope it's just a precaution taking Can off, glad to see Ibe again anyway.

Hope it's just a precaution taking Can off, glad to see Ibe again anyway.

They reckon its just a precaution.

Edit: Calf Strain for Can, might rule him out of US tour.

hopefully can is alright, would suck if him and illori miss the tour

What happened? Bad knock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

If Ibe could finish, he'd already be a serious player.

Some potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭mikehunts

Friendly or not that score would be rough to take:
    SpVgg 06 Ketsch 0 - 17 Hoffenheim

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

We lost to Brondby and now 0-1 Down to Preston.

Great Start so far to our Preseason. :D

I wish more of our players would take pre season more seriously. The only ones who wanted to be out there were Lambert, Lucas, Borini and Coutinho by the looks of things. Ibe too since he came on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

We lost to Brondby and now 0-1 Down to Preston.

Great Start so far to our Preseason. :D

Rodgers out.

• Advertisement

We're too freaking Narrow.

Rodgers really need to tell Ayre to get us some FBs that can Cross.

Aspas would thrive here, voronin too.

As would Konchesky

Vicxas wrote: »
    As would Konchesky

Don't forget Poulsen, he would dominate the midfield.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Don't forget Poulsen, he would dominate the midfield.

*Shudders*

I knew it was a Mistake to loan Aspas this early.

We would be Winning this Preaseason Games easily, if he was here. :mad:

Almost forgot about Plessis and Leto, they would have great joy in this game.

Shelvey too...real shame we didn't throw a buyback clause in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

I genuinely wouldnt raise an eyebrow if we lost everyone of the meaningless July pre-season games. Worry about it in about 3 weeks time with a full team and preseason closing.

• Advertisement

Anyone reckon Coates could break into the first team this season? With us battling in four competitions, he's going to see some serious game time, regardless of the potential signing of Lovren. He was incredible in the Copa America three years ago, a good run and he could turn into a solid defender.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement