Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

murpho999 wrote: »
    Club existed before him and will exist after him.

He is dragging the club's name through the mud all the time.

Sponsors will have a say on this too. People have to think of the bigger picture.

I love him as a player too but a manager can't keep being expected to plan a season without it's star player regularly.

Sponsors don't give a ****. Liverpool are in the CL that's all that matters. Is there any proof that the past bans have had any affect on commercial activity.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

People who want rid of him are utterly insane.

He is one of the top three players in the world alongside Messi and Ronaldo. Liverpool can ill afford to chuck that kind of talent away over disciplinary incidents.

The fact is, if he's not playing for Liverpool any of our big competitors (either in the PL or the CL) will gladly take him. What does that tell you? Why would we want rid of him only to see him putting in stunning performances for our competitors?

F*** that. I'll take a Suarez with a nut job reputation who can only play 30 matches a season for us over any player in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Agueroooo wrote: »
    you do like the way Carragher talks cause you fúcking mugged him for his opinion.

We'll never get new posters if you attack one for simply giving an opinion that he read elsewhere...

So fucking what if it wasn't his own. We had a joke about it when it was found, but chill out.

I doubt every opinion you've ever held came completely from the depths of your imagination without any outside influence.

Have the joke, but Christ, attacking the man as if he bit Chiellini himself is a little OTT.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

The Uruguay FA president Wilmar Valdez says they will appeal the Suarez ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Club existed before him and will exist after him.

He is dragging the club's name through the mud all the time.

He is in his hole. He isn't a serial murderer. He's an eejit and a bit mental.

We've had far worse, including a number of those we'd class as legends of the club.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Thud wrote: »
    Suarez for half a season is still better than most of the prem league strikers for a full season. He'll be chomping at the bit to get back playing in Nov and will give new signings so extra game time to settle in befoe he comes back

Suarez scores more against Norwich alone than Danny Welbeck scores in a full season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Jim Boardman@JimBoardman
    The Uruguayan FA will be lodging an appeal against FIFA's Luis Suarez punishment

https://twitter.com/JimBoardman/status/482187262235787264

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

I cant see any club willing to spend the appropriate sum when he is unavailable for the first 2 and 1/2 months of the season.

Silver lining for Rickie Lambert though and Fabio Borini alongside Sturridge. Cant see the club splashing out for a 'replacement' for the short term.

Sanchez would still be a good addition for the right fee to play alongside Suarez. Likelihood is it will be Lallana that will be through the door anyway as he has made it clear he wishes to leave Southampton.

Would prefer to see Moreno joining though first and a centre half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

niallo27 wrote: »
    Sponsors don't give a ****. Liverpool are in the CL that's all that matters. Is there any proof that the past bans have had any affect on commercial activity.

They'd only care if we somehow supported him in such a way that damaged our reputation. This is very much about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Appeal happening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Dickerty wrote: »
    +1 purely for using the word "churlish", so why edit it out?? :(

On reflection I deemed it to be an inappropriate use of a magnicent word. ðŸ˜႒

Was always going to be the case. Lets see how fast they will be in hosting this appeal.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Knex. wrote: »
    Leave him alone :p

Its nice having new posters.
    Knex. wrote: »
    I agree.

Rarnes forgot to sign out of his Knex account...

Gbear wrote: »
    He is in his hole. He isn't a serial murder. He's an eejit and a bit mental.

We've had far worse, including a number of those we'd class as legends of the club.

Dont know about that, of those I would consider to be legends I wouldnt have them down as ever having crossed the line more or as bad as Suarez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Appeal happening

18 match ban and 8 month ban from football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Rarnes forgot to sign out of his Knex account...

:p

Just making a joke in reference to the redbaron quoting thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Someone just said to me that this incident effectively halves Suarez transfer value now and that Real would certainly take a look.

**** that. There's no way he should be sold for half price like a gone off litre of milk. It's Luis ****ing Suarez. He is clearly mad as a bag of spiders but still a special weapon. The club would be mad to sell him for any less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

They do give a very large **** actually and to say otherwise is naive.

I expect Suarez himself to lose his Adidas and Poker deals.

Just because it has happened before does not mean it won't happen.

18 match ban and 8 month ban from football.

No the ban can't be extended so it was a no brainer to appeal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Can he play the next game if the appeal is ongoing?

Also funny that people who dismiss other posters interest in the happenings off the pitch such as finances are suddenly concerned in what sponsors will think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I suppose the old saying of "theres no such thing as bad publicity" did ring through but this is the 3rd serious incident, there is only so much **** you can throw at something before it sticks. Sponsors will grow tired of this and so will Liverpool.

It will be very interesting to see what the Liverpool reaction will be. They need to back him or sack him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Turtyturd wrote: »

Also funny that people who dismiss other posters interest in the happenings off the pitch such as finances are suddenly concerned in what sponsors will think.

NO he can't.

Addidas are considering their options apparently.

This from Guillem Balague
    Verified account
    @GuillemBalague
    FCB and RM, as of this morning, knowing of a possible punishment of Suarez, still want him.

spockety wrote: »
    People who want rid of him are utterly insane.

He is an incredible footballer and my favourite to watch by a mile but what happens next time he throws a wobbler on the pitch?

I'd guess a season long ban. He won't be of much use to anyone then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

No absolutely cant play if he appeals it.

In the next amazing twist, Suarez will retire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

You said the club though. I would think luis Suarez has made liverpool a fortune commercially.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

He used to get free Play poker chips from 888..Thats gone now innit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

No I d'ont think he can play on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

No the ban can't be extended so it was a no brainer to appeal.

Maybe it's irrelevant but I mentioned it in the other thread - could a Uruguay appeal be bad for Liverpool. If they lose, could the start date of the four month ban move back meaning he misses more of the PL/CL season?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

I was thinking he will go in Jan but I now reckon it will be sooner.

Barca's transfer ban will more than likely be activated by then, so I can see us and them doing a deal before that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

If Ballbag says it, you can usually take it as being the opposite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

djPSB wrote: »
    In the next amazing twist, Suarez will retire.

Could happen yet!
    abelard wrote: »
    Maybe it's irrelevant but I mentioned it in the other thread - could a Uruguay appeal be bad for Liverpool. If they lose, could the start date of the four month ban move back meaning he misses more of the PL/CL season?

I doubt a failed Uruguay appeal would have any effect on Liverpool, but his international ban would be extended of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

While I believe tge punishment is about right
    He gets fined 65k
    Bentner showed his boxers and got more of a fine
    Says a lot about FIFA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Barca's transfer ban will more than likely be activated by then, so I can see us and them doing a deal before that.

Why sell now when his value is at it's lowest? That's not the way to do business.

Better off to get him back in November, hopefully he has a great season after that, recovers some of his value and then maybe sell him next Summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

While I believe tge punishment is about right
    He gets fined 65k
    Bentner showed his boxers and got more of a fine
    Says a lot about FIFA

Bendtner's fine was largely to offset whatever he had been paid by Paddy Power.

• Advertisement

Not a hope they will spend the sum needed with him out until November.

It also makes no sense for Liverpool to sell either unless they get the appropriate fee. If anything the ban has improved Liverpool's chances of holding onto him.

slingerz wrote: »
    Dont know about that, of those I would consider to be legends I wouldnt have them down as ever having crossed the line more or as bad as Suarez

Ian St John knocked a fella the **** out.

Souness did too many things to mention, and that was before he sold his story to the S*n.

I've probably been as guilty as anyone of indulging in the fantasy of the "Liverpool Way" and all that bollocks but Liverpool has never, at any stage, been a paragon of virtue.

There's certainly a line beyond which I'd want players to get the axe but I don't think angrily lashing out a few times, especially in a way that hasn't injured people, is near that line. I'm not the sort to get hugely offended on behalf of others though, which seems to be all the rage these days.:rolleyes:

Would you want Sakho to get the boot if he swings an elbow like he did last night another couple of times?
    There's a far better argument for axing someone like that who really endangers opponents than there is for Suarez' lunacy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Bendtner's fine was largely to offset whatever he had been paid by Paddy Power.

Paddy Power being the reason he got the fine and not the boxers, I'd imagine whoever Uefa/Fifa's gambling partner is got pissed when they seen that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Why sell now when his value is at it's lowest? That's not the way to do business.

Better off to get him back in November, hopefully he has a great season after that, recovers some of his value and then maybe sell him next Summer.

There's some element of a risk-based decision to be made. If this incident has lowered his value, what's the risk of him doing something similar again and lowering it further.

Having said that, I do think you're right, Liverpool would be wrong to sell.

Rodgers and his LFC teammates must be absolutely raging with him!

• Advertisement

Boring World Cup so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Rodgers and his LFC teammates must be absolutely raging with him!

And rightly so.

I don't agree that the LFC portion of the ban is greater than what impacts Uruguay (personally I think that if he is to miss X amount of Liverpool games, then he should be forced to miss the same amount of competive games for Uruguay), but there is no doubt that Suarez yet again brought another shytestorm onto the club and again left his teammates in the lurch going into a new season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Oh great he misses the start of the 2014/15 Premiership :(

Why Suarez Why :(

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

Garay just signed for Zenit for 6M. Would've been a great buy at that price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Does the ban on "All football activities" include training?

If so he'll be stupidly unfit....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

The wait and see stance from the club suggests that a sale is a possibility. I'd say they are touting him around. Mentalist.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Does the ban on "All football activities" include training?

If so he'll be stupidly unfit....

They can't actually stop him training.

Not like they're going to set his feet in concrete for the duration of the ban. He just can't come to melwood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

mikeym wrote: »
    Oh great he misses the start of the 2014/15 Premiership :(

Why Suarez Why :(

Misses all games up until about mid/late October with regards the new season :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I wonder if they will burn your house down?

Nope I've a flag outside so they will know I'm one of them :)

Can FIFA stop the Liverpool squad meeting up with Suarez everyday after training and playing jumpers for goal-posts or shirts and skins in Stanley Park:pac:

It's just a bunch of mates having a kick about after work :P

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement