Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Suso scores. Nice goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

hnnnnnnngh suso

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Absolute beauty from Suso!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Ibe with three assists in two games

2 for 2 from Peterson. Doesn't matter how they go in, he has the goalscoring touch!

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    2 for 2 from Peterson. Doesn't matter how they go in, he has the goalscoring touch!

the next ibra :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Ibe was great for both goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Sterling Mk2

klose wrote: »
    the next ibra :pac:

Let's not get carried away. He has neither great hair, nor a sleeve tattoo.
    Give him time, he will understand it eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Rossiter was not holding back with that challenge before the goal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Ibe excites me tbh and I'm not usually the type to get hysterical about young players. Potentially a serious player on our hands but might have a problem getting games, another loan wouldn't be a disaster.

Impressive stuff from the younger lads in the second half, id certainly keep ibe in the squad next season, suso did well too. Nice to see coates and enrique back from injury, wonder will peterson get a late call up to the usa squad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

martyos121 wrote: »
    Anyone reckon Coates could break into the first team this season? With us battling in four competitions, he's going to see some serious game time, regardless of the potential signing of Lovren. He was incredible in the Copa America three years ago, a good run and he could turn into a solid defender.

nope.

Tabares has overlooked him recently. It has been steadily downhill since for Coates since that Copa. For his own sake he needs games, I would have Agger, Sahko, Skrtel and even Kelly ahead of him at cb. Am hoping for Lovren too.

Really no use to him being 5th or 6th choice. Hope he gets a decent team in a league less demanding where he can rebuild his reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'd love to see Suso get more gametime this year. Hopefully he can take his chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Are the kids good enough to give them the league cup ? Peppered with one or two first teamers obviously

Are the kids good enough to give them the league cup ? Peppered with one or two first teamers obviously

I think they could do ok, as long as we avoid the teams with good youth players, like Arsenal, Chelsea and Everton.
    This is probably what I'd expect:
    Jones
    Kelly, Toure, Coates, Robinson
    Suso, Can, Coady, Ibe
    Peterson, Lambert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Shelvey too...real shame we didn't throw a buyback clause in there.

I have always liked shelvey as a player and think once he finds consistency he will be a good to great midfielder .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

@RyanMaarch: @LucasLeiva87 retire mate

@LucasLeiva87: @RyanMaarch ok

Harsh!

I take it he didn't play well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Lucas didnt play well & I wouldn't mind seeing him let go. But the abuse he is getting lately is disgraceful. Its as if some fans didn't learn from when Lucas recieved alot of abuse when he irst arrived.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Lucas didnt play well & I wouldn't mind seeing him let go. But the abuse he is getting lately is disgraceful. Its as if some fans didn't learn from when Lucas recieved alot of abuse when he irst arrived.

I agree the chap took a lot of stick rose above it and gave it his all you can't ask for anything more out of a player at all .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

MD1990 wrote: »
    It's disgusting really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Maybe he's one of those players that needs abuse to respond to in order to better himself?
    Watch him boss the season now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I'm sure it doesn't bother him......if it did his twitter account should be the first to go. Twitter as a platform when used correctly is a fantastic application, the amount of bellends on it though turns me away from it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

We don't normally run the funbus on Sundays, but with travel mad money for Southampton we are thinking of running it for this game. If interested have a look here...

http://www.irishkop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24365&page=2

Maybe he's one of those players that needs abuse to respond to in order to better himself?
    Watch him boss the season now!

Glen Johnson could learn a thing or two from him. If he spent less time complaining about his haters, and more time improving himself, we might have gone a step further last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Borini agent saying he wants to stay. Really hope now the transfer doesn't fall through. Money in the bank with remy is a fantastic deal for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Didn't see any of todays game lads,anyone care to give a quick run down please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

NukaCola wrote: »
    I'm sure it doesn't bother him......if it did his twitter account should be the first to go. Twitter as a platform when used correctly is a fantastic application, the amount of bellends on it though turns me away from it.

How do you set it to 'essential news about a team I don't support that I must post in their thread I don't normally frequent?'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I have always liked shelvey as a player and think once he finds consistency he will be a good to great midfielder .

I think he'll be a decent player for the likes of Swansea, and a good player when he ends up in the championship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

delw wrote: »

OK.
    O-1
    1-1
    2-1
    \0/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

mosstin wrote: »
    OK.
    O-1
    1-1
    2-1
    \0/
    Cheers,i think

delw wrote: »

First half was ok, preston are actually a decent side in fairness to em and had the better chances, coutinho was our best player and ibe came on after 20 for can who came off as a precaution. He also did well, we conceded just before half time from a corner and goal mouth scramble.

Two changes at ht kelly and lambert off, suso and robinson off. Suso again made an impression and bagged a goal, lovely left footed curler into the corner. Made changes pretty much throughout the half and peterson put us ahead after some impressive work from ibe down the left hand side. It was a very young side for the second half but were surprisingly comfortable in possession and dictated play, granted preston changed their xi completely at half time so it was probably a weaker side from them too. Rossiter, for a boy was very impressive it must be said, still a long way to go but we could have a very good centre mid on our hands here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

£8.5m for Loic Remy is a great deal. £14m for Fabio Borini is really good business.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28385300

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

£8.5m for Loic Remy is a great deal. £14m for Fabio Borini is really good business.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28385300

Hold the horses. Borini apparently doesn't want to leave now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

What Twitter accounts are worth following for reliable-ish transfer news?

• Advertisement

Hold the horses. Borini apparently doesn't want to leave now.

It's all well and good with a player saying they don't won't to but what happens to Borini if BR tells him your not part of my plans ?
    I don't mind any player staying at LFC to prove their worth but sometimes you have to ship a player out to accomadate a better player .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

****ing hell. :(

These rumours better not be true. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Paully D wrote: »

Which one?

Borini blocking the Sunderland move. Will fight for his place or wants a better move ( italian club ?)

EDIT: only rumours at this stage

Should have moved to you guys. Ya's obviously loved him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

I am sure Rodgers will convince Borini that he needs to move to Sunderland to play more football.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

Jako8 wrote: »
    What Twitter accounts are worth following for reliable-ish transfer news?

Tony Barrett and James Pearce would be decent, beware the fake accounts tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Why do Sunderland like Borini so much and Liverpool don't?

Now apparently he doesn't want to leave.

Would like to admire him for it but he's never done much for Liverpool on the pitch apart from running into spaces where the ball isn't (excellent movement!.

Also I find his knife biting celebration stupid and annoying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

A Sunderland Echo journalist tweeted the below:

51793683c1593d47038323c87bba02e4.png
    b12f0ac796c17be531e44c999d4a3e09.png

Talk has it that the rejection motive is coming from a disgruntled ex-Director of Football at Sunderland who is feeding it to Di Marzio (SP?) and co. He also told them that Mannone had handed in a transfer request once Pantimilion signed.

I hope Young is correct.

Fair play to Borini if he wants to stay and prove himself.

That was the point of his loan move - send him away to get games and impress. He's kept to his end of the bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

Morata away to Juve, £15.8 mil / 20 million euro, Real with a buy back option.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2014/0719/631848-morata-joins-juventus-in-20m-deal/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

A Sunderland Echo journalist tweeted the below:

Talk has it that the rejection motive is coming from a disgruntled ex-Director of Football at Sunderland who is feeding it to Di Marzio (SP?) and co. He also told them that Mannone had handed in a transfer request once Pantimilion signed.

I hope Young is correct.

I'd say it's all Twitter rubbish.

Even if it were true all Rodger's would have to do is tell him he has no future and won't get games etc surely that would make him want to leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I think its true he wants to stay. He put in alot of effort today & look disapointed coming off too. He has a great attitude & I wouldn't mind him staying at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

We didn't need to cos we usually had 4 or 5 by that stage anyway :)

Yeah, while the other team had 3 or 4!!!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Delighted to hear that Wisdom has secured a loan deal with WBA, just hope he gets plenty of premiership game time and develops well. Will be interesting to see if they deploy him at centre half or full back. Hope he does a job on our competitors a la Assaidi and Borini last year :P

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement