Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Jako8 wrote: »
    What Twitter accounts are worth following for reliable-ish transfer news?

@indykalia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It appears Borini has travelled to the USA. FFS.

When the local journalists were talking about getting our main target in much earlier than expected, I was delighted. It looks like this one will run and run until near the end of the window now. :(:mad:

I would guess bringing him may be a power play on Liverpool's part in their chase for Remy. If Borini goes, Remy and his agent would have a bit more bargaining power to squeeze some more money out of the deal. I suspect if Remy gets done and dusted then the Borini deal may push on again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

The Mig wrote: »

Can't beat it for the lols.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Looking at the photo of the team heading off borini is indeed there, ilori and teixiera are not though which is dissapointing, id assume iloris injury is hampering him but tex i dont get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

The Mig wrote: »
    Can't beat it for the lols.

I find the way he puts news up via a website with a sentence per click annoying and made me unfollow him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

klose wrote: »
    Looking at the photo of the team heading off borini is indeed there, ilori and teixiera are not though which is dissapointing, id assume iloris injury is hampering him but tex i dont get.

Peterson travelled also, Ibe tweeted a pic of both of them on the plane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

A loan period only makes sense if the player is going to a club that plays a decent brand of football. Looking at Suso for example, I think the loan period at Almeria has actually damaged him. He definitely isn't retaining possession as well as he did before we sent him out.

If a player is good enough, then if he's given a chance for the senior team, he will take it.

You can't judge the effect of his loan period on less than one game in pre season! You really shouldn't anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Remy deal is seriously good business at $8m.

Its not any negotiating prowess by liverpool. Remy has an 8.5 million relase clause for any team in the champions league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Bloody boards mobile. Double post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Apparently Salah has been called in for 3 yrs military service? Not that Chelsea will miss him....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Apparently Salah has been called in for 3 yrs military service? Not that Chelsea will miss him....

It won't happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

They seem fairly serious about it, would not be surprised if he suddenly found out that his dad was french or somesuch and so claims dual nationality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

linked with a loan move for Isco this afternoon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

ricero wrote: »
    linked with a loan move for Isco this afternoon

Source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

@SkySportsPeteO: Liverpool have enquired about taking Real Madrid midfielder Isco on loan, according to reports in Spain. #LFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

@SkySportsPeteO: Liverpool have enquired about taking Real Madrid midfielder Isco on loan, according to reports in Spain. #LFC

I'm not biting and neither is this suarez...sorry I'll leave now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

AS is the Spanish source. Wouldn't be surprised if they picked our name out of a hat as a destination for him. He's the most likely midfielder to leave since Rodriguez signed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

They seem fairly serious about it, would not be surprised if he suddenly found out that his dad was french or somesuch and so claims dual nationality.

Iirc, he was registered as a student and that registration was revoked, leading him to become an ordinary citizen again and eligible for military service.

No doubt some compromise will be found so he can become a 'student' again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Im sure Mr.Abramovich will donate a few Dollars to the Egyptian's.

Hes a man thats good at that kind of thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

rob316 wrote: »
    Exactly sterling didn't go out on loan. Jamie or Stevie never did either. Done them no harm.

It totally depends on the circumstances. Sterling was good enough to play regularly by 18 and there was a space in the team for him regularly. No need for a loan. Stevie was just special - if only all our youths were that good that young.

Jamie on the other hand really could have done with a few loans to be honest - he was around 27 before his career finally picked up. He was frankly a fairly rubbish full back before Rafa switched him to being a mainstay CB. A few loan spells playing at CB consistently in his early 20's could well have sped up his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I know it's only the Express.

They are running with Lovren joining in the next 24 hours for £16m.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/490112/Dejan-Lovren-move-to-Liverpool-IMMINENT-after-Southampton-accept-16m-bid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

im lovren it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/490112/Dejan-Lovren-move-to-Liverpool-IMMINENT-after-Southampton-accept-16m-bid

There's similar reports coming from Croatian media. It seems to be true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

10474258_10204580686500844_7720940060070861286_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

€81m for Rodriguez?! Bloody hell...surely this paves the way for an Isco/Di Maria departure now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Some croatian paper are reporting it so id imagine they are just regurgitating the same story. Fair price i would say, need to cut some cbs though. Agger/sakho/skrtel/toure/lovren/coates amd ilori is a bit much. Id say ilori will be loaned and coates the same or possible sold. Agger could be sold too perhaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Great news

klose wrote: »
    Some croatian paper are reporting it so id imagine they are just regurgitating the same story. Fair price i would say, need to cut some cbs though. Agger/sakho/skrtel/toure/lovren/coates amd ilori is a bit much. Id say ilori will be loaned and coates the same or possible sold. Agger could be sold too perhaps.

Wasn't there reports of interest from Turkey in Toure a week or so ago?

3 right footed senior CBs would be a bit much tbh.

I would say now we will start to see players leave I would think along the lines of..

Lucas, Reina, Borini, Kelly and I'll go with Skrtel (out over Agger) and Johnson fingers crossed.

I can see use bring in about £45/50m in sales.

So if the Luis money hasn't been touched yet we could still have close to £120m left in the transfer kitty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Twitter rumours, agent speak and such stuff.

Still it isn't a bad price. Funny enough barring Markovic, I don't think we've over paid by much so far on our signings. If Remy and Lovren come in for the prices talked about, we've got decent value except on him. (Obligatory mention of £16 Million for Lallana)

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

5live wrote: »
    Wasn't there reports of interest from Turkey in Toure a week or so ago?

3 right footed senior CBs would be a bit much tbh.

Toure will hardly play barring mutiple long term injuries, and is a good experienced player to have in the squad.

Lovren plays mainly as a left sided CB anyway so his being right footed isn't really an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Liverpool offer £20m , Saints say no deal

Liverpool offer £15m, Saints say, hmm ok.

Toure will hardly play barring mutiple long term injuries, and is a good experienced player to have in the squad.

Lovren plays mainly as a left sided CB anyway so his being right footed isn't really an issue.
    I would imagine he is bought to replace a starter, not to be a squad player.

I would regard Skrtel as being the CB that needs replacing most as Sakho looks like a guaranteed starter when fit.

Unless we play 3 CBs or there is another CB coming in?

Liverpool offer £20m , Saints say no deal

Liverpool offer £15m, Saints say, hmm ok.
    Don't trust those papers.

Its only true when twitter says it:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I would say now we will start to see players leave I would think along the lines of..

Lucas, Reina, Borini, Kelly and I'll go with Skrtel (out over Agger) and Johnson fingers crossed.

I can see use bring in about £45/50m in sales.

So if the Luis money hasn't been touched yet we could still have close to £120m left in the transfer kitty.

Why would you have skrtel out over Agger? Skrtel was our best cb last year, Agger has been pure dross for 2 years now.
    He is so overrated because he can play it out from the back, big deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

€81m for Rodriguez?! Bloody hell...surely this paves the way for an Isco/Di Maria departure now

Kroos, Rodriguez, Bale, Benzema, Ronaldo.

holy mother of fúcking hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Why would you have skrtel out over Agger? Skrtel was our best cb last year, Agger has been pure dross for 2 years now.

Agger hasn't been as bad as you're making out and Skrtel certainly hasn't been as good. Both need to be replaced if we're to tighten up at the back. People talk about our concession of goals and put it down to the fact that we play such an open style - if we played with for DMs across the middle Skrtel would still be having brain farts.

Lovren, Toure and Ilori as right sideed CB's

Sakho and Agger as left sided CB's

Skrtel would get a bigger transfer price right now over Agger.

Skrtel's goals last seaon also covered up alot of mistakes.

No other reason than that really.

Agger scored 2 goals last year and no OGs +2 goal difference
    Skrtel scored 7 goals last year and 4 OGs +3 goal difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 2m
    As reported in Sportske Novosti, Dejan Lovren's £20m move from Southampton to Liverpool is expected to be completed in the coming days.

I assume he meant 20 million EURO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

SlickRic wrote: »
    Kroos, Rodriguez, Bale, Benzema, Ronaldo.

holy mother of fúcking hell.

Newsflash: we've qualified for the CL for the first time in 4 years whereas other teams are staples. Man U even have more legite claims to top players than we do. So we can only do what we are doing ie taking educated punts on potentially the next big things. That's all the capacity we have, so I'd appreciate if you and the rest like you round here would get ****ing real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Saw something on *twitter earlier but cant find the link. Basically saying we are in for Di Maria, Reus and Isco. And Rodgers is confident of getting one of them.

* Pinch of salt

£$€

Who cares really these days it's all spin anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Skrtels problem last season was his lack of a decent defensive partner. You would move on our best cb over a poorer player because his transfer value is higher?
    I don't know much about lovren but I hope he is the leader at the back we need. Skrtel is quite a good defender but a voice and organiser he is not, that's where carragher excelled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Lovren is an excellent signing. One of the best CB's in the premier league. We are mostly signing proven Premier League players which is smart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

5live wrote: »
    I would imagine he is bought to replace a starter, not to be a squad player.

I would regard Skrtel as being the CB that needs replacing most as Sakho looks like a guaranteed starter when fit.

Unless we play 3 CBs or there is another CB coming in?

I'd have Lovren starting at RCB alongside Sakho.

I just meant Lovren is as comfortable playing on the left side despite being right footed in reply to your comment that 3 right footed CBs might be too much, I don't think that would be a problem at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Skrtels problem last season was his lack of a decent defensive partner. You would move on our best cb over a poorer player because his transfer value is higher?
    I don't know much about lovren but I hope he is the leader at the back we need. Skrtel is quite a good defender but a voice and organiser he is not, that's where carragher excelled.

You would keep Skrtel because he is our best CB? Some context missing from your post I think.

Sakho (LCB) and Lovren (RCB) would be hands down the best starting CB's.

I would use Agger over Skrtel if we were to go with 3 at the back as Lovren can play in the anywhere in the 3 and cover both Sakho and Agger as he is used to playing on the left as right footed player I'm not sure Skrtel could do that.

Lovren and Sakho can both be huge voices in the back line.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Isco's full name is Francisco Román Alarcón Suárez

Suarez for Suarez? ;)

• Advertisement

I'd have Lovren starting at RCB alongside Sakho.

I just meant Lovren is as comfortable playing on the left side despite being right footed in reply to your comment that 3 right footed CBs might be too much, I don't think that would be a problem at all.
    Ah sorry, misunderstood the post.

I agree with you on that, Lovrens versatility at playing across the back would be a huge bonus.

I can see Agger heading off if this transfer works out as he would be 4th choice at best.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement