Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Kirby wrote: »
    Well If that happens I can just imagine the chants from the crowd during the first Chelsea/Liverpool meeting....

"You've lost that Lovren feelin, whoa that Lovren feeling......"

:P
    Probably shouldn't be sung at the Southampton game, in fairness.

Especially as we seem to be buying all their players:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

T-K-O wrote: »
    I'd prefer Lovern. Hummels is vastly over rated.

Hummels is a good penalty box defender but is pretty slow when you move him around.

Either way Klopp has just said that him and Reus are not leaving Dortmund this Summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hummels would also want twice the wages of Lovren as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

For no other reason other than it's Linda with God and Rush.

BtF_hsKCEAAM5-G.jpg
    BtGAvDbCMAAWFdV.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Hummels is a good penalty box defender but is pretty slow when you move him around.

Either way Klopp has just said that him and Reus are not leaving Dortmund this Summer.

The titantic turns quicker than Hummels. I'd actually like to see him at Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Vicxas wrote: »
    Hummel's was a lot of peoples bitch over the WC

Bitches be crazy when it comes to rating the guy. I know, I know.. he plays for BVB and it's not cool to say so, especially around these parts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Everyone seems very stressed here today.

Pandas don't help me, much prefer a bit of Linda!

BtGAvDbCMAAWFdV.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Not sure which is worse, suggesting Lovren is better than Hummels or suggesting us, Man Utd or any other club have a chance of signing Hummels this window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Not sure which is worse, suggesting Lovren is better than Hummels or suggesting us, Man Utd or any other club have a chance of signing Hummels this window

He's no Mertesacker.

Not sure which is worse, suggesting Lovren is better than Hummels or suggesting us, Man Utd, or any other club have a chance of signing Hummels this window.

Yeah some serious bizarre reading this evening!

Hummels isn't coming here and he certainly isn't going to a club with no CL. Same goes for Reus

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

garra wrote: »
    Quotes like this necessitate a "thumbs down" feature on boards. He will be gradually phased out over the next couple of years and I will privately shed a tear when he last kicks a ball for LFC.

I was just being a little mischevious.

That said, I'm not the biggest fan of him in this new role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Fescue wrote: »
    I was just being a little mischevious.

That said, I'm not the biggest fan of him in this new role.

Fair enough, I don't know ur form and took the comment at face value, I've read similar remarks down the years and they always wreck my head. Stick a smiley in or something. You got a man sent off with that dive. ;)

Fair enough, I don't know ur form and took the comment at face value, I've read similar remarks down the years and they always wreck my head. Stick a smiley in or something. You got a man sent off with that dive. ;)

Sure how could anyone be a fan of Liverpool and not appreciated Steven Gerrard. Doesn't mean he's beyond reproach though.

Shamrock55 only has himself to blame for his outburst.

Bizarrely he thanked the offending post???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Hummels is a very good defender. He is slow on the turn but quick when he gets into his stride. No chance he will leave Dortmund this summer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Agreed that shamrock55 can only blame himself. It was a nasty challenge after a scrappy tackle. Fescue ain't the type of poster to take a dive

obligitory:pac:

_76408301_dejan_lovren_training_getty.jpg

Whatever about his tekkers, he sure looks the kind of psycho Croatian centre-half we have been lacking. Now that I think of it, playing 3 at the back we could line-up with a lovely bunch of lads..

Skrtel-Van-PErsie.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyZWjjqhR1H7GRRtQZ0-9G4yDhR0IXC9sT_vfLI5bVXt6nu6Jr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

So our front line is looking like Sturridge, Lambert, Remy and Origi. Pretty decent.
    Plenty of experience and the chance for Rodgers to develop Origi.

Sure how could anyone be a fan of Liverpool and not appreciated Steven Gerrard. Doesn't mean he's beyond reproach though.

Shamrock55 only has himself to blame for his outburst.

Bizarrely he thanked the offending post???

Probably just being mischievous or ironic :rolleyes: :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

So our front line is looking like Sturridge, Lambert, Remy and Origi. Pretty decent.
    Plenty of experience and the chance for Rodgers to develop Origi.

Going by reports Origi will be loaned back to Lille for another year

• Advertisement

Probably just being mischievous or ironic :rolleyes: :)

I feel bad he got banned over a glib comment from me meant to get a laugh. He seemed like a good poster.

No need for personal abuse though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I wonder what will be our team for the opening day against our feeder club Southampton?
    i thinking something like this

_____________Mignolet________________
    Johnson___Skrtel____Lovren___Flanagan
    _____________Gerrard______________
    _______Henderson_____Coutinho_____
    Sterling______Sturridge_______Lallana

I would start Sakho but with him coming back late i think Skrtel will start.

I would hope we play Enrique at left back and bring in a new right back. Johnson was all over the place last season.

BtF_NdGCIAAplqU.jpg:large

Liverpool and United the big draw for tv audiences in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Man I just realised that was a 3 month kick in the nuts shamrock55 took today.

Not worth it just caused you don't get a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

em no actually, on the basis of those figures we've less average viewers than Stoke!

• Advertisement

em no actually, on the basis of those figures we've less average viewers than Stoke!

I think you need to look at the totals. Plus the Stoke average is high due to playing Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

I just got a flashback of the layout of the pull-out fixture lists when I was a kid.
    Anyone under the age of 30 won't have a clue what I'm talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

I think you need to look at the totals. Plus the Stoke average is high due to playing Liverpool.

Yeah, so I did look at the totals and we're behind Chelsea dude...:rolleyes:

Add the totals for home and away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Notice who one of Stoke's two televised games was against?

Now notice the difference between the views in both that game, and the one v Norwich. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

MD1990 wrote: »
    I wonder what will be our team for the opening day against our feeder club Southampton?
    i thinking something like this

Johnson___Skrtel____Lovren___Flanagan
    _______Henderson_____Coutinho_____
    Sterling______Sturridge_______Lallana

I would start Sakho but with him coming back late i think Skrtel will start.
    Bar Lovern, its the same lineup I was thinking would start off the new season.
    I would hope we play Enrique at left back and bring in a new right back. Johnson was all over the place last season.

I totally agree with you on Johnson but there doesn't seem to be any smoke regarding a transfer out so I'd reckon Rodgers will keep him in the side and I'd be happy enough with Flannagin keeping his place on the left.

560D6A83071057383626738184192_1673e6b2fbf.4.8.12001322596516261283.mp4?versionId=6XVqRRDPys8TP.frwE56ZcIbcgXAGhqV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Were still linked with Isco and benzema with skysports reporting that Isco on loan is a likely deal

Johnson___Lovren____Sakho___Enrique
    _______Henderson_____Lallana_____
    Sterling______Sturridge_______Markovic

I would like to see this. Might see Remy playing off Sturridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Yum Chelsea are 14 and 15 Liverpool are 14 and 22

It is well known Thant in the UK Liverpool and Man Utd are the big draws which is why ever team was always on ITV for FA Cup games and Champions League games

Just look at figures for final day do of season man city game got 864 Liverpool 1004

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I just got a flashback of the layout of the pull-out fixture lists when I was a kid.
    Anyone under the age of 30 won't have a clue what I'm talking about.

There still around. They still have them in some papers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Were still linked with Isco and benzema with skysports reporting that Isco on loan is a likely deal

Hopefully not Benzema, not a big fan, looks real lazy most of the time tbh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

Hope the Isco thing is true and there's an option to buy - think he would be wonderful at Liverpool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Poor Charlie Adams gets an awful rap. He wasn't all that bad. On par with the Enrique signing for me.
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    That's a lie. He had some good games for us and added something to the mix. His dead ball delivery was of a very high quality, and he is the type of player to make plays. A couple of items I remember are a superb whipped delivery from the left touchline against City at home in the League Cup semi; and there were a few occasions where he had a go at players and would beat one or two creating an opening from nothing. The issue was consistency - he struggled to maintain a level of performance over a full 90 minutes, never mind a stretch of games.

Charlie Adam and players like him are the reason Kevin Kilbane has 100 International caps. Adam is clearly talented, a natural footballer. He is also not as fit as he could be; and doesn't bring the same level of intensity to every game he plays in. If he was driven to be all that he could be and all players were the same then it would mean the Spearings and McShanes of this world would be forced to ply their trade at much lower levels.

I don't rue his absence, but I'm not going to pretend Adam was awful for us. Downing and Joe Cole - that's what awful is.

At some point of his Liverpool tenure, he was quite simply: fat. He had a gut. I'd have stopped his wages, it was a disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

At some point of his Liverpool tenure, he was quite simply: fat. He had a gut. I'd have stopped his wages, it was a disgrace.

Apparently he had a Molby clause inserted into his contract. Stopping his wages wasn't going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

mosstin wrote: »
    Apparently he had a Molby clause inserted into his contract. Stopping his wages wasn't going to happen.

Ah yes, the Molby clause. I have one of those with the wife.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Would the signing of Isco not hurt the progress of Sterling and Couthino and to a lesser extent Ibe ? All 3 could be wonderful players but will need increasing time on the pitch in the coming 18 months. Isco would be a guaranteed (well almost) starter at #10 most likely if he were to sign. Have seen very little of him in the last 12 months but he was a quality player at Malaga.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Would the signing of Isco not hurt the progress of Sterling and Couthino and to a lesser extent Ibe ? All 3 could be wonderful players but will need increasing time on the pitch in the coming 18 months. Isco would be a guaranteed (well almost) starter at #10 most likely if he were to sign. Have seen very little of him in the last 12 months but he was a quality player at Malaga.

The signing doesn't make sense to me. Loan signings rarely do under Rodgers. I have to agree with your post that this would only hinder coutinho and ibes progress. 2 players I'm very excited about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

BtG1aKECcAAh5t5.png

Best looking squad in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Vicxas wrote: »
    The signing doesn't make sense to me. Loan signings rarely do under Rodgers. I have to agree with your post that this would only hinder coutinho and ibes progress. 2 players I'm very excited about.

Don't understand why a club of our stature are even considering loan signings :confused:

None of the other Top 5/6 are doing it so why are we??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Don't understand why a club of our stature are even considering loan signings :confused:

None of the other Top 5/6 are doing it so why are we??

When it's a player of Isco's quality I don't see the problem

What's the point is measuring everything we do against other teams are doing? If it improves our squad then it's a good thing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

hefferboi wrote: »
    BtG1aKECcAAh5t5.png

Best looking squad in the league.

Top left and Bottom 3in ??

Peterson?

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

Thats Peterson top left, other guy is kevin Stewart I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

x43r0 wrote: »

What's the point is measuring everything we do against other teams are doing? If it improves our squad then it's a good thing

As long as it has an Option to Buy, then it will be a Great Loan.

If it doesn't, then it's certainly going to affect the Progress of some of our Players.

So I can Understand, where the others are coming from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Assuming we complete the signings of Lovren, Remy and Origi, how many more signings do people think we would make? I'd guess one or two more. While I think we need to sign a star player, I doubt it's going to happen, and even if we did, what position would we sign them in? A forward who can play out wide or else a centre midfielder would be ideal I suppose. Isco is interesting, anytime I've seen him play he has impressed, but do we not already have Coutinho/Sterling/Lallana who can play there? Isco would be an upgrade on any of them three, but if it was only for a season long loan I'm not sure if it would be worth it.

But apparently the Lovren deal is far from complete:
    Richard Buxton ‏@RichardBuxton_ 49m
    Ronald Koeman on #LFC pursuit of Dejan Lovren: "If they are interested, they have to come with a bid & a good one". Seems £20M won't cut it.

I'm sure he would be a good signing, but if we were to pay over £20m maybe we would be better off to look elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

x43r0 wrote: »

Meh...I dunno....seems like a lose-lose situation for a club like Liverpool imho...if he comes over and plays sh1t/doesn't fit in etc (eg. Sahin, Moses) it's a waste of everyone's time and money, and if he plays out of his skin, he'll probably want to go back to Real and prove himself over there

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement