Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Weren't we linked with Bojan? Has joined Stoke, didn't realise he was still with Barca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Fescue wrote: »
    Obviously don't know much about Javier Manquillo but I did find this image of him in action for Atletico Madrid.

BtI77nDCUAAhv0D.png

First impressions suggest he is going to be an upgrade on Glen Johnson.

He will never become a favourite of this thread unless he learns how to take a bump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

kfallon wrote: »
    Weren't we linked with Bojan? Has joined Stoke, didn't realise he was still with Barca

Hes been on loan about 183172873 times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Robbing this ta fuck...

Lets all have a disco, Sturridge, Sterling, Isco. Lallana-na-na.

Make it happen, Ayre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Is there any player we can get in that will wind up opposing fans as much as the now departed Luis?

Turtyturd is available on a free transfer. Might do the trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Is there any player we can get in that will wind up opposing fans as much as the now departed Luis?
    If we got Vidal it would annoy other fans & b a great signing.

Knex. wrote: »

Can also manage a game of 5 a side during Monday lunch time without keeling over so that makes me better than Charlie Adams.

Turtyturd, I wish him well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Kirby wrote: »
    Not sure how you figure that. Nobody outside madrid and barca makes serious money off tv deals in spain. They have the monopoly and they know it. They take a massive chunk of the available money.

None of the also rans have it nearly as well in spain as the also rans in england. The spanish equivalent of aston villa would be getting a pittance compared to villa are.

The point was, that under the same conditions as La Liga, LFC would have been better off by £75m last season. In effect, LFC (plus one or two others) are completely hampered by nothing more than geography in comparison to those who get their own TV rights.

What happens smaller teams is irrelevant. FFP and TV rights money (for example) cannot co-exist unless the UEFA umbrella instructs encourages associations to adopt the same models throughout that umbrella organisation.

Im not sure what you are debating Kirby?.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Anyone wrote: »

Chelsea beat us to the punch. Once Costa starts headbutting babies, robbing pensioners and throwing himself to the ground every second minute we'll have the new bete noir of the prem.

Shame really, I liked it when we had pure evil on the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

I am pie wrote: »
    Chelsea beat us to the punch. Once Costa starts headbutting babies, robbing pensioners and throwing himself to the ground every second minute we'll have the new bete noir of the prem.

Shame really, I liked it when we had pure evil on the pitch.

skrtel_2492532b.jpg

The evil shirt pulling so and so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

skrtel_2492532b.jpg

Have to laugh at the Skrtel photo, I fully expect to see Costa bully and outmuscle Skrtel in our box should they face off this season.

Skrtel's image does not tally with his style of play, he is a pussy cat

Manquillo on loan for 2 years with option to buy for 6m is the latest rumour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Time to update the sig, stuck through Suarez through and through, even a couple of pms saying it was terrible behaviour having him as my sig and me a politics mod!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Time to update the sig, stuck through Suarez through and through, even a couple of pms saying it was terrible behaviour having him as my sig and me a politics mod!

That's f*cking ridiculous....good ol 'football' fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Turtyturd wrote: »
    That's f*cking ridiculous....good ol 'football' fans.

Ach it gave me a smile.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Knex. wrote: »

I think he prefers Arsenal, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

K-9 wrote: »

You should photoshop a sig containing Jimmy Saville force feeding a goose to produce Foie Gras whilst next to Rolf Harris who's using the flag of Isreal as a wobble board. Might get a better reception.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Have to laugh at the Skrtel photo, I fully expect to see Costa bully and outmuscle Skrtel in our box should they face off this season.

Skrtel's image does not tally with his style of play, he is a pussy cat

If he makes it through Skrtel he can try his luck with Sahko.

You should photoshop a sig containing Jimmy Saville force feeding a goose to produce Foie Gras whilst next to Rolf Harris who's using the flag of Isreal as a wobble board. Might get a better reception.

On fire today. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Heh heh...now that is quite the image.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Turtyturd wrote: »
    He will never become a favourite of this thread unless he learns how to take a bump.

He bumps like Micheals did against Hogan, he'll fit right in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Is Danny Sturridge more injured than he usually is?

He just posted this on FB...

Recovery = doing anything to feel good

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

daithijjj wrote: »
    Manquillo on loan for 2 years with option to buy for 6m is the latest rumour.
    Would rather if Rodgers signed an experienced RB and played him until Ryan McLaughlin is ready (genuinely believe he will be a good player for us).

Or else play Brad Jones there (can't be any worse than Johnson)

marno21 wrote: »
    Would rather if Rodgers signed an experienced RB and played him until Ryan McLaughlin is ready (genuinely believe he will be a good player for us).

Or else play Brad Jones there (can't be any worse than Johnson)

I dont think we will be signing any experienced player, in the traditional sense, unless they are leaving a club or joining on loan. And even then, only if they accept the wages, which in turn rules out a lot of options of said 'experienced' players. A last big contract type signing just wont be joining LFC imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

skrtel_2492532b.jpg

Sheep in wolf's clothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

I remember when upgrades was mobile phone talk not footballers!

Sheep in wolf's clothing.

I can't think of anything scarier than a sheep who has killed, skinned and put a wolfs skin on. This is a truly terrifying sheep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Im cool with the manquillo signing if it goes ahead, by default he's better than johnson who's been poison for ages. Johnson is assumably off next summer, would rather him gone now tbh, as his contract runs out so if manquillo impresses we sign him, wisdom returns and we see were we are at with regards rb. Unfortunately it probably means kellys days are numbered with us which is a shame. Him and moreno in would be good progress in terms of full backs.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

Am I the only one who still rates Johnson? He's quite an attacking full back so he's always going to be the scapegoat when there is a counter attack. I think he's quite good actually in defence whenever hes needed. Definitely has turned into an underrated player.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

A 2 year loan? That sounds unusual .....why not 1? Can't think of any other situation like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

NoelJ wrote: »
    Am I the only one who still rates Johnson?

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭ratracer

Am I the only one who still rates Johnson? He's quite an attacking full back so he's always going to be the scapegoat when there is a counter attack. I think he's quite good actually in defence whenever hes needed. Definitely has turned into an underrated player.

Ahm, in the most polite way I can say it: Yes, yes you are glen jo's only remaining fan!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

No.

He's on the slide but the majority of the comments about him are silly. So he gets paid a fortune, so bloody what - that's the contract the club offered.

20 year olds with 6 snr appearances are now better than Johnson :rolleyes:

I don't mind Johnson, tbh. He's 'grand'.

He should be more than that, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

gafferino wrote: »
    A 2 year loan? That sounds unusual .....why not 1? Can't think of any other situation like that.

Sahin at Dortmund, Tello at Porto.

Always thought they were a bit strange too, circumstances can change a lot in a year. But there's probably callback options on most of them anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I can't think of anything scarier than a sheep who has killed, skinned and put a wolfs skin on. This is a truly terrifying sheep.

You might say he's baaaaaaad...

brevity wrote: »

reverse-1284719828_dramatic-sheep.gif

• Advertisement

brevity wrote: »

You might. The rest of us wouldn't.

*Sniggers*... I would I definitely would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Johnson lost his footballing brain somewhere 2 years ago, still has some pace, in good shape can dribble etc but all he does is bomb down the right wing, cut in left. Then cut in left some more, and a bit more till he over runs it and loses possession and we are open to being countered. Lost count how often it happened lately with him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Wasn't Tevez on a 2 year loan at United

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Johnson, like Lucas is blamed disproportionally for things. It's lazy analysis mostly I think. Also, he is worse than he was, but not as much as is made out imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

klose wrote: »
    Johnson lost his footballing brain somewhere 2 years ago, still has some pace, in good shape can dribble etc but all he does is bomb down the right wing, cut in left. Then cut in left some more, and a bit more till he over runs and loses position and we are open to being countered. Lost count how often it happened it lately with him

This is it really. You have most of the component parts of a top class RB in Johnson but it just never comes together anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

5starpool wrote: »
    Johnson, like Lucas is blamed disproportionally for things. It's lazy analysis mostly I think. Also, he is worse than he was, but not as much as is made out imo.

Agreed.

In the space of a year our CB's went from having a solid season to a season full of errors. I'm not complaining, I really enjoy watching this team play, however, our style doesn't help the back four.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

5starpool wrote: »

He was never as good as was made out either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Johnson was excellent in 12/13. When a player loses form he is written off too quickly. It happened with Sterling (alot wanted him out on loan),Skrtel,Henderson & Enrique( who was playing with a long standing Knee injury). Lucas is now also getting some disgraceful treatment on twitter too. Its a new season give Johnson a chance first to regain his form. A little bit of patience is required to see if it is a loss of form or a decline in Johnson.

T-K-O wrote: »
    Agreed.

In the space of a year our CB's went from having a solid season to a season full of errors. I'm not complaining, I really enjoy watching this team play, however, our style doesn't help the back four.

Nine times out of ten Johnson goes up the right wing and gives the ball away...THAT doesn't help anyone.

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »
    Johnson was excellent in 12/13. When a player loses form he is written off too quickly. It happened with Sterling (alot wanted him out on loan),Skrtel,Henderson & Enrique( who was playing with a long standing Knee injury). Lucas is now also getting some disgraceful treatment on twitter too. Its a new season give Johnson a chance first to regain his form. A little bit of patience is required to see if it is a loss of form or a decline in Johnson.

He was decent until about Xmas 2012. Decent,not excellent. Since then he's been a liability.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement