Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

Vidal to Liverpool is totally unrealistic, Liverpool have sounded out James Milner to replace Lucas though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

El Inho wrote: »

was thinking it might serve good value just for the preseason no?

Why would you want LFC Tv when you could get Madrid TV, or MUTV?

Although the latter will be off air Tuesdays and Wednesdays for the upcoming season.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

What? I wasnt here last year?

Next year will be fun anyway.

Maybe I am being biased and dismissing Liverpool, but the loss of saurez is huge .
    Sure he didn't do it in the big games no loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Have to laugh really. Someone posts a link to an article saying that Vidal may or may not be interested in signing for Madrid, Liverpool or Man U. Liverpool fans say it's probably paper nonsense and United fans invade to tell us there is simply no way whatsoever he would even slightly consider Liverpool. Because they are comparable to FC Copenhagen or something like that.

And we seem to be attracting players easier as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

slingerz wrote: »
    Vidal to Liverpool is totally unrealistic, Liverpool have sounded out James Milner to replace Lucas though

I think Milner could do a job in the position Gerrard played in last season. Not long term but would be a steady hand to use whilst phasing Stevie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Exactly, having CL dosent mean players are foaming at the gash for the team who got in.

Neither does signing a 10 year kit deal make you the biggest club in the world that all the top players want to sign for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

x43r0 wrote: »
    I think Milner could do a job in the position Gerrard played in last season. Not long term but would be a steady hand to use whilst phasing Stevie

Don't think I've ever seen Milner playing DM. Always thought he played his best football wide right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Any links to a big name replacement for Suarez being signed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Reus is nearly done and Vidal in the pipeline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Лазар Марковић not big enough for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Just saw this quote from Shaqiri on sky sports - "Juve ? I don't know if there are contacts with them or with Liverpool and Monaco. Surely Juve could be a good option so as Liverpool and Monaco. They are a big club, who wouldn't like to play there ? I'm a Bayern player but I wouldn't see Bianconeri as a step backward for my career."

Shaqiri still an option maybe?

link to article - http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/9391773/transfer-news-bayern-munichs-xherdan-shaqiri-flattered-by-juventus-link-rumours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

K-9 wrote: »
    I nearly would use it as my sig.

In stitches at Saville and the Goose. I'm going to hell.

You should. It would be talked about for sure :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Has anyone got the membership from the LFC website? Mine automatically renewed and apart from it doing in what I wanted it for (getting tickets)

The reason I ask is that I was almost sure it gave you a years sub to LFC Tv/go whatever its called. I want to watch the friendlies dont ya know!

When I put in my voucher code it asks me to put in payment details. Is this normal or is the free sub something I misinterpreted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Don't think I've ever seen Milner playing DM. Always thought he played his best football wide right.

Me neither but I would think of him as having a good enough 'football brain' and discipline to play there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Looking forward to the game tonight and seeing Lazar work some magic on the pitch :D

W4M7WRS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Ive any amount of them.

joe123 wrote: »
    Has anyone got the membership from the LFC website? Mine automatically renewed and apart from it doing in what I wanted it for (getting tickets)

The reason I ask is that I was almost sure it gave you a years sub to LFC Tv/go whatever its called. I want to watch the friendlies dont ya know!

When I put in my voucher code it asks me to put in payment details. Is this normal or is the free sub something I misinterpreted?

I think the LFC TV subscription was separate from the LFC membership.

There's a membership light option which is enough for tickets btw. Bit cheaper too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Vidal would be a great signing, while not a forward he would be that world class star we need after Suarez. Ive said it a couple of times just take that Suarez money, add a bit more and do everything you can to bring Vidal and Reus here. You would get CL for the next few seasons to come, it would pay for itself no problem.

I refuse to believe that we wont buy a marquee player. FSG have the golden goose now in the CL and they will want to hold onto it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Exactly, having CL dosent mean players are foaming at the gash for the team who got in.
    :eek:

Me, i'm staying well away from that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Every time I'm away from this thread for a few hours, and come back and see 2 or 3 new pages, I know we've either bought someone, or some argument has broken out. It's always disappointing after a few posts when I realise it's an argument... ;)

J.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Reus is nearly done and Vidal in the pipeline.

In football manager maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I am pie wrote: »
    With these little nuggets of nothingness we are pretty much guaranteed and ongoing dribblefest of "my club is better than your club" playground dirt.

I find it other fans opinions on Liverpool interesting if you can find anyone who has the ability to rise above the emotive playground stuff. Hen's teeth unfortunately. After a while you realise who the baiters are and who the people who like to discuss football, players and tactics are.

As far as Man U are concerned, I think it will be facinating to watch them this year. We know they will be tactically innovative, and we know the LVG sometimes comes with a learning curve. Big season for RVP who had a poor season and WC. If LVG emulates his dutch team we'll be looking at him + one up front, can rooney play the role that robben did? Mata can play the role that Schneider did for sure, probably better. Certainly needs more quality at CB if he will play with 3 cbs and will need more at RB. Interesting times ahead.

Liverpool have a system which suited them last year, I suspect that we might tweak it again, we moved from being a possession based team to a team set up to counter. I think teams will be more wary of us this season and won't attack us as naively as United & Spurs did in those famous wins, we're going to need more intelligence in mf and better options at RB. We look top heavy to me, definitely need better options to stabilise the defense. To much last minute in the trenches style defending last year, we need a system and a squad which allows us to absorb pressure better. Not sure those additions have been made yet.

I think Liverpool have as much chance as United of getting top 4 but I think only one of them will

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

I think Liverpool have as much chance as United of getting top 4 but I think only one of them will

This..

A better organised Spurs who will have a season of PL behind them, an Arsenal side who will have bought big in the summer. Plus City and Chelsea. Utd and Liverpool could both end up outside the top 4

Definitely not going to be easy to get that top 4 spot this season

Both could.

Both could also miss out(unlikely but who knows)

If Reus and Vidal hit the ground running we will stroll top 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Definitely not going to be easy to get that top 4 spot this season

I don't think anyone is claiming otherwise tbh, silly in the extreme for any set of fans to assume that top 4 is a lock (yes Arsenal fans I'm talking to you too :p).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Turtyturd wrote: »

It depends if Reus can oust Enrique from LB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Turtyturd wrote: »

I thought you were being signed up as well as LB cover?? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Reus at LB would help when Jose parks the bus. (Sure we're slagging United and Arsenal, why not Chelsea?)

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Just watching SSN, you really replacing Suarez with Remy and Ricky Lambert? Who else is supposed to be coming in?

Have you not got it yet, Suarez is irreplaceable. We're going for the sum of the parts like....

'SSN....now available under rocks.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

RasTa wrote: »
    Just watching SSN, you really replacing Suarez with Remy and Ricky Lambert? Who else is supposed to be coming in?

lk8Hc5Cl.jpg

Jebus that picture gives me the shivers!

Well Remy, Lambert and Markovic so far, and Borini if he doesn't feck off to Sunderland! :eek:

If Sturridge has his usual season with niggly injuries we could struggle with what we have at the moment. I think Sterling will contribute goals at least as much as last season and I'd expect Coutinho to improve his record (wouldn't be hard) but, especially after SAS, it's a good squad but we'd really need 1 more good striker.

I can see Remy, Sterling and Coutinho getting in or around 10 goals for the season, Sturridge 20 and Remy shouldn't be far of that if gets the game time. It isn't bad but with our leaky defence?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

Jebus that picture gives me the shivers!

Its the goose that freaks me out, which is saying something in the overall view of things!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Benzema, maybe Pogba or Reus. There's 75m to spend.

Its the goose that freaks me out, which is saying something in the overall view of things!

I seen that posted during lunchtime and I haven't stopped laughing since. The post by Sir Gallagher was funny enough without the picture. Genuine lols.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

th?id=HN.607999779716532912&pid=15.1&P=0

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Well Remy, Lambert and Markovic so far, and Borini if he doesn't feck off to Sunderland! :eek:

If Sturridge has his usual season with niggly injuries we could struggle with what we have at the moment. I think Sterling will contribute goals at least as much as last season and I'd expect Coutinho to improve his record (wouldn't be hard) but, especially after SAS, it's a good squad but we'd really need 1 more good striker.

I can see Remy, Sterling and Coutinho getting in or around 10 goals for the season, Sturridge 20 and Remy shouldn't be far of that if gets the game time. It isn't bad but with our leaky defence?

See it very unlikely we will have 4 strikers when we will be playing 1 up top for most of the season. Complete overkill. Sturridge Lambert and Remy between them scored 48 goals last season.

• Advertisement

See it very unlikely we will have 4 strikers when we will be playing 1 up top for most of the season. Complete overkill. Sturridge Lambert and Remy between them scored 48 goals last season.

What?! You can't be happy if those 3 turn out to be your strike force this season. Granted Suarez and Sturridge were the only 2 strikers last year however 4 is a must.

I would expect Sterling, Markovic, Coutinho, Henderson, Lallana and Gerrard to contribute goals this season also. Sterling in particular could push towards 15 goals if he continues his form.

What?! You can't be happy if those 3 turn out to be your strike force this season. Granted Suarez and Sturridge were the only 2 strikers last year however 4 is a must.

Why is 4 a must if we play 433 all season as opposed to 41212 like we did last season ? Borini is also in our squad at present who scored 10 goals for sunderland last year.

Why is 4 a must if we play 433 all season as opposed to 41212 like we did last season ? Borini is also in our squad at present who scored 10 goals for sunderland last year.

You're hardly going to be playing the same formation every game this season. Also need an extra high quality purchase in case Sturridge gets injured like he always seems too. I can't see Lambert starting many games.

You're hardly going to be playing the same formation every game this season. Also need an extra high quality purchase in case Sturridge gets injured like he always seems too. I can't see Lambert starting many games.

I don't see scoring goals as being a major problem for Liverpool. Preventing them going in at the other end is my concern.

Fescue wrote: »
    I don't see scoring goals as being a major problem for Liverpool. Preventing them going in at the other end is my concern.

Without Suarez?

Anyone else think that as the season goes on Jordan Ibe will have a bigger and bigger part to play for us. He will obviously get most of the cup games but his pace is on par with walcott and 10-15 mins to go in games he would be a potent option. Starting to deliver an end product too judging by his pre season games.
    He could be like a new signing as could Suso which no one factors into our midfield equation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I think Ibe is muck.

Without Suarez?

Liverpool scored 53 goals last season of which suarez didnt either score or assist.
    He was a huge player for us but Tottenham scored 55 goals all season and still came 6th in the league. We have plenty of goals throughout the side. The priority for us should be to tighten up our defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Fescue wrote: »
    I would expect Sterling, Markovic, Coutinho, Henderson, Lallana and Gerrard to contribute goals this season also. Sterling in particular could push towards 15 goals if he continues his form.

This is the thing that worries me the most about Suarez leaving. For all his faults he was a great influence on the younger members of the squad like Sterling. I just hope that his progress doesn't drop off now while he along with others strive to become stars in their own right. Hopefully he, along with others, thrives under the extra pressure.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement