Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Should be fun when RasTa goes into the Arsenal thread to tell them they need another 3 strikers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

RasTa wrote: »
    Without Suarez?

In Ronaldo's final year with United the team scored 68 goals in the league. When he left I'm sure people expected United wouldn't replace his goals but they scored 86 the following season.

There are no guarantees that will happen with Liverpool post Suarez but usually things like that aren't so simplistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Knex. wrote: »
    Should be fun when RasTa goes into the Arsenal thread to tell them they need another 3 strikers.

Mertesacker is their best striker. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Just watching SSN, you really replacing Suarez with Remy and Ricky Lambert? Who else is supposed to be coming in?

Nope. Remy and Lambert would imo be taking the spots of Aspas and Borini in the back up list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

A lot of talk going on in the attempt to steal the Vidal bid off United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Bs_LJGrIMAAt_6Y.jpg:large

Bs_LI76IYAAXiX0.jpg:large

Bs_LIxjIgAALO9g.jpg:large

Bs_LIyOIcAAo_Ld.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Gandalph wrote: »
    A lot of talk going on in the attempt to steal the Vidal bid off United.

I would love to see LFC stick a bid in . If the player won't come in drive the price up .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Gerry is glued to the phone today, I see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Well Arsenal did sign Sanchez. You have signed Lambert so far..

• Advertisement

Well Arsenal did sign Sanchez. You have signed Lambert so far..

If he is considered a striker then I think you can consider Sterling as one also.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

What?! You can't be happy if those 3 turn out to be your strike force this season. Granted Suarez and Sturridge were the only 2 strikers last year however 4 is a must.

In the modern game 4 strikers is no longer a must your remembering the days when teams played 2 up top. Of the top 7 only utd and city really had 4 strikers last year one of those won the league and the other finished 7th so I'd imagine 4 strikers is no longer a must.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

In the modern game 4 strikers is no longer a must your remembering the days when teams played 2 up top. Of the top 7 only utd and city really had 4 strikers last year one of those won the league and the other finished 7th so I'd imagine 4 strikers is no longer a must.

So the team with 4 strikers won the league? How about the past 10 years?

So the team with 4 strikers won the league? How about the past 10 years?

Man City only had 3 strikers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Fescue wrote: »
    Man City only had 3 strikers.

Negrado, Aguero, Dzecko & Jovetic

But only sugar Daddy clubs have this many the way Pool play 3 is enough

Soups123 wrote: »
    Negrado, Aguero, Dzecko & Jovetic

But only sugar Daddy clubs have this many the way Pool play 3 is enough

I don't consider Jovetic a striker in the real sense of the word. Plus he has a career total of 69 goals in 211 games which would suggest he's not a frontline striker.

• Advertisement

City would consider him a striker although he can play AMC or in the wing. Normal self ran clubs cannot afford 4 established strikers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I reckon we will sign one more striker and then BR will start concentrating on the D-FENS.

Soups123 wrote: »
    City would consider him a striker although he can play AMC or in the wing. Normal self ran clubs cannot afford 4 established strikers

Three is ample if you intend to play one up front. Sturridge and Remy offer pace in behind which is essential in my opinion. Lambert offers something different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Augmerson wrote: »
    I reckon we will sign one more striker and then BR will start concentrating on the D-FENS.

When in Rome.

I'd say Remy will see you done striker wise

• Advertisement

Fescue wrote: »
    Three is ample if you intend to play one up front. Sturridge and Remy offer pace in behind which is essential in my opinion. Lambert offers something different.

Yep. Remy was a very astute purchase and at a good price.

Lambert will be the plan B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

Liverpool scored 53 goals last season of which suarez didnt either score or assist.
    He was a huge player for us but Tottenham scored 55 goals all season and still came 6th in the league. We have plenty of goals throughout the side. The priority for us should be to tighten up our defence.

I think some people also assume we can just write off every goal Suarez had a hand in as a goal we won't get an equivalent of next season. Certainly some of his goals are down to his own unique hunger and will to win but many of them are also down to the efforts of the wider team and I'd expect any decent striker to get them. It would be interesting to find out how many 'critical' goals Suarez hit or assisted and also how many of those were down to individual brilliance rather than the role he was playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Reus is nearly done and Vidal in the pipeline.

Copying the boys from the united thread now ay?
    Judging from the amount that thanked it there seems to be plenty in this thread crying out for an original joke

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Copying the boys from the united thread now ay?
    Judging from the amount that thanked it there seems to be plenty in this thread crying out for an original joke

lk8Hc5Cl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

WTF has happened to this thread.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

I think the heat is getting to some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

I'm turning off notifications on this thread till September 1st.
    it's gone nuts in here lately!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

woodyg wrote: »
    I'm turning off notifications on this thread till September 1st.
    it's gone nuts in here lately!

Looks like you're not alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Whole soccer forum has gone to shit in recent months. It was never perfect, but at least it was fun to post. Too much hate, politics and vendettas have come into it.

Excuse the cringeworthy video.

5live wrote: »
    Looks like you're not alone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

You're Not Alone

Sir Gerry Remix FTW.
    One of my all time favourite tracks.

http://youtu.be/HMCGwy88ZlU

Was there that night too, in body but not in mind :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

I think Suarez left the door off the latch on the way out. Its the only explanation, too much of a coincidence!

Sir Gerry Remix FTW.
    One of my all time favourite tracks.

http://youtu.be/HMCGwy88ZlU

Was there that night too, in body but not in mind :pac:

Was the Temple the place in North Dublin? My sister's boyfriend at the time worked on the door and once we went to it. Fairly mind blowing experience at 17. I saw things I perhaps should not have seen at that age.

Was the Temple the place in North Dublin? My sister's boyfriend at the time worked on the door and once we went to it. Fairly mind blowing experience at 17. I saw things I perhaps should not have seen at that age.

North side of the City. Fairly crazy place alright, I went there every Saturday night for about 2 years back in the hedonistic days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

North side of the City. Fairly crazy place alright, I went there every Saturday night for about 2 years back in the hedonistic days.

Started off in the mid 90s in the Asylum, then the Ormond for a couple of years, then the temple, which was the last great clubnight imo. Some nights back then. lots of water drank ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Start at the Big Tree then onto the Peacock and finish in the Asylum.

This thread really does go way off topic.

Started off in the mid 90s in the Asylum, then the Ormond for a couple of years, then the temple, which was the last great clubnight imo. Some nights back then. lots of water drank ;)

I just missed out on The Ormond days, I tried one night, unsuccessfully, with the baby face on me :)
    Ended up sitting in the cousins car for the night waiting on them to come out. Still can't believe we got home in one piece, the absolute state of us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

My first post in the Liverpool thread and it's about nothing to do with Liverpool!

Used to always go there aswell, nearly every Friday and Saturday for a few years!

Ah, the memories...kinda...:pac::pac::pac:

I just missed out on The Ormond days, I tried one night, unsuccessfully, with the baby face on me :)
    Ended up sitting in the cousins car for the night waiting on them to come out. Still can't believe we got home in one piece, the absolute state of us all.

There was the Ormond Centre and the Hotel. I preferred the hotel as it was a sweatbox, how I liked it ;)

I was lucky that my uncle was one of the main doormen in town so I was grand getting in most places, sure I was 15 when i was first in the Asylum.

Id still listen to some of the music they played every now and again and it holds up. To be young, free and single again.

• Advertisement

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    My first post in the Liverpool thread and it's about nothing to do with Liverpool!

Used to always go there aswell, nearly every Friday and Saturday for a few years!

Was Friday night R'n'B night??
    Never went on the Friday but heard it was some night for the ladies if you could stick the tunes :)

Maldjd23 wrote: »

Any yokes bud?

There was the Ormond Centre and the Hotel. I preferred the hotel as it was a sweatbox, how I liked it ;)

I was lucky that my uncle was one of the main doormen in town so I was grand getting in most places, sure I was 15 when i was first in the Asylum.

Id still listen to some of the music they played every now and again and it holds up. To be young, free and single again.

Yeah, that era holds up fairly well, funnily enough it's the later stuff that doesn't. I cringe at some of the trance and hard house stuff I used to be into. Still a few belters in there but they're few and far between.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭ratracer

Just over an hour to kick off..... On the pitch that is!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Seems like Sevilla are proving difficult to negotiate with so Liverpool have moved their attentions away from Moreno and back to Bertrand (James Pearce).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Jaysus the furthest back I can remember is the red box. Yis are all ancient!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Seems like Sevilla are proving difficult to negotiate with so Liverpool have moved their attentions away from Moreno and back to Bertrand (James Pearce).

I'd say it's a bluff to make Sevilla think that they are walking away and they hopefully relent. I think Moreno is a class above Bertrand so can't imagine that Liverpool really want him in the same role.

Moreno might have to do something himself if he wants to move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

In fairness to Luckycharms, he can't start a winning match thread to save his life, but he sure as hell knows how to photoshop.

FFS LADS , Been painting and clearing out stuff etc , do you know how hard it is to keep track in here ? :D

Come in and read about Jimmy , Rolf and choking geese :eek:

Luckycharms are ya doing request ? LoL

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Those were the days the temple theatre what a place. Despite it being packed you could always get a drink at the bar fairly easily different story trying to get near the taps in the toilets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Was Friday night R'n'B night??
    Never went on the Friday but heard it was some night for the ladies if you could stick the tunes :)

Upstairs was, in the crypt downstairs i think it was Darren Flynn and Jay Pidgeon. If memory serves the night was called Pasha?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

What about the Olympic Ball room,any way Ryan Bertrand again, jaysus

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement