Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

emo72 wrote: »
    wheres everyone tonight? live match and all? crap first half but glimpses of our attacking speed. coutinho looking ominous. cant wait for the season to start to see him tear all comers apart. and then theres ibe!

Still really impressed with Ibe, getting to see Can too, and im quite impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

emo72 wrote: »
    wheres everyone tonight? live match and all? crap first half but glimpses of our attacking speed. coutinho looking ominous. cant wait for the season to start to see him tear all comers apart. and then theres ibe!

Probably banned for posting stream links on Twitter.

Decent chance for Roma. Emre Can looking good, decent run: https://vine.co/v/M290vOg7VFg

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

" He had a little grimmace at his groin Francesco Totti, perhaps just a bit of pre-season stiffness". :pac:

" He had a little grimmace at his groin Francesco Totti, perhaps just a bit of pre-season stiffness". :pac:

This post watershed commentary is way better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

So much action in this game that I can barely contain my excitement.

• Advertisement

I don't usually give out about commentators but Saunders is as insightful as a dirty sock. I'm getting increasingly annoyed at various pundits/commentators prounouncing Ibe as I-beeeeee. It's pronounced ebay ffs.

This game has been ****e, which has allowed me time to piss and moan a bit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I know it's in America but why are they playing the national anthem for a match between an Italian and English team?

Did they play the Brazilian anthem at the start of each world cup game?

Post reported

to the feds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Come on lads, 3pts are a must here.

Ah, that's just annoying.

The Rodgers Out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I don't usually give out about commentators but Saunders is as insightful as a dirty sock. I'm getting increasingly annoyed at various pundits/commentators prounouncing Ibe as I-beeeeee. It's pronounced ebay ffs.

This game has been ****e, which has allowed me time to piss and moan a bit!

It's actually not though, it's pronounced how it's spelt, IBE, as if you took the first three letters off the word scribe. He said it himself. Both of ye are wrong :P

From the man himself: https://vine.co/v/hA6eumlJ1Ki

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Very impressed with can tonight

Once again loose limbs Agger strikes again....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

The likes of Sturridge, Sterling, Markovic and Lallana can't come back quickly enough. Other than Coutinho who we already know is good, only Ibe has really put himself into contention for playing with the senior team this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Vicxas wrote: »
    Once again loose limbs Agger strikes again....
    Agger unable to defend a set piece - really sad to see him in decline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Him and Johnson up til all hours trying to work out the sums in Busy at Maths 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Been on a downward trajectory for almost all of two seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Probably banned for posting stream links on Twitter.

Decent chance for Roma. Emre Can looking good, decent run: https://vine.co/v/M290vOg7VFg

I see he's learned how to pull off the "Kilbane".

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Feels weird that Jose Enrique played some actual football today that wasn't on FIFA.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Rodgers out. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

ricero wrote: »
    Very impressed with can tonight

I didn't see the match (recorded it) but by all accounts he had a great battle with Nainggolan - who is no slouch himself.
    I think he will surprise a few opposition team's fans (the majority who i have talked to think he is a chump :rolleyes:)

Edit : Regarding Borini, Rodgers said its only bruising and he should be ok in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Him and Johnson up til all hours trying to work out the sums in Busy at Maths 5.

Might be a good time to introduce angle of deflection to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Watched bits and pieces of the match last night before I came into work this morning.

Never realised how big Can is. 20 years of age and he's like a Buffalo running through people. Very promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Good to see the lads at the match last night....

3899__7605__fowlerkenny1000_700X420.jpg

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/167047-brendan-coutinho-is-this-team-s-brain

"Coutinho is the brain in our team, the continuity player," said the boss later. "He might not score many goals, but he's a wonderful reference for the team.

hmmmm as I thought, I dont think we should expect big names.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/i-will-not-waste-luis-suarez-cash-on-stars-vows-brendan-rodgers-30455836.html

"They are all big signings for us because they will all make a big contribution," Rodgers said. "Maybe for the media there is guessing how we spend the money but you only spend the money if the players are there. What we can't do is spend for the sake of it. The players we've brought in are players we wanted anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Anyone got a highlights link? 101GG doesn't have it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Bar coutinho and can the rest were meh i read. Curiosity got to me so i searched coates on twitter and most people said he had a pretty good game too. Cou seems to be playing the deeper midfield role too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

klose wrote: »
    Bar coutinho and can the rest were meh i read. Curiosity got to me so i searched coates on twitter and most people said he had a pretty good game too. Cou seems to be playing the deeper midfield role too

Keep him away from shooting areas IMO he was sensational in his first few months when he just concentrated on cutting defences open. He can be world class at that, he just needs to stick to his strengths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,207 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

rob316 wrote: »
    Keep him away from shooting areas IMO he was sensational in his first few months when he just concentrated on cutting defences open. He can be world class at that, he just needs to stick to his strengths.

His goal against City was ok by me :)

I actually cant understand how his shooting is so bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

rob316 wrote: »

TBH its not gonna get any better if he doesnt train and then use it. I'm all for him trying but not in the "big" games unless he's in the box already.

W

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    TBH its not gonna get any better if he doesnt train and then use it. I'm all for him trying but not in the "big" games unless he's in the box already.

W

Of course but I would imagine his shots per game ratio was the highest in the league last season, incredibly wasteful. I don't want to see him lying deep he will be wasted there when he can make runs like his solo against Hull last season.
    I just want Rodgers to tell him you are the playmaker of this team, that is all I want from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

wow, no posts in here for well over an hour - I thought the thread was archived :)

Looks like we may have agreed a deal for Manquillo according to Marca....

Liverpool have sealed a deal for Atletico Madrid right-back Javier Manquillo, according to Marca.

They claim the 20-year-old will play on loan for the Reds for the next two seasons, with a purchase option in the region of €6m.

However, the terms of the deal will include an option which allows the Madrid club to recall Manquillo if he makes the kind of progress at Anfield they expect.

So if he turns out to be great for us, we can buy him for 6mil but then AM can buy him straight back for another agreed price 6mil + x???
    Wierd...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I see Bertrand is being mentioned again today on F365, annoying when you see Southampton reportedly close to signing Rojo from Sporting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

wow, no posts in here for well over an hour - I thought the thread was archived :)

So if he turns out to be great for us, we can buy him for 6mil but then AM can buy him straight back for another agreed price 6mil + x???
    Wierd...

I'd read that to mean either we buy him, or they recall him before the 2 year loan is over, not that we could buy him and then they could buy him back...

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Most of the top contributors are banned, or in the case of Mike, banned and closed account.

Hence the lull in posts.

D'Agger wrote: »
    I see Bertrand is being mentioned again today on F365, annoying when you see Southampton reportedly close to signing Rojo from Sporting

I'd prefer Bertrand, nearly. Rojo terrifies me.

What about the top, top contributors? ;)

J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Knex. wrote: »
    Most of the top contributors are banned, or in the case of Mike, banned and closed account.

Hence the lull in posts.

I guess its up to those who remain to step up.

Eh, panda...saps, Reus, Vidal, best bit of business all summer, taking into account net spend, Kate Cohen?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

jasonb wrote: »
    What about the top, top contributors? ;)

J.

The top, top chatting happens on twitter. You should organise an invasion :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Anyone got a highlights link? 101GG doesn't have it yet.

By the sounds of things, there were no highlights from last nights game :o

Fescue wrote: »
    I guess its up to those who remain to step up.

Eh, panda...saps, Reus, Vidal, best bit of business all summer, taking into account net spend, Kate Cohen?!?

Loan Watch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

By the sounds of things, there were no highlights from last nights game :o

The highlight from the game was 100% Emre Can. The guy is a dreamboat. Swoon!!

Can is a tank and looks a very good footballer. Got a good feeling about him. Big powerful presence with an excellent eye for a pass. Coul really challenge Gerrard for that deep lying role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

"It's probably not as bad as first thought," the boss told his post-match press conference in Boston. "He's had problems in the past with his shoulder, but he's only bruised it.

"He'll miss a few days of training. He won't train now for the remainder of the trip here, but it's only going to be a matter of days before he's back training and playing again."

liverpoolfc.com

I'd be wrapping him in bubblewrap and posting him straight to Sunderland.

Knex. wrote: »
    Loan Watch

Judging by some of the tangents this thread has seen, this next one should seem fairly normal...

'Loan Watch' and 'Pandas' somehow got me thinking of...

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Pique

Wierd...

Sounds more like if he turns out good, we could buy him for 6m, but if he's better than that, Madrid can cancel the loan.

Seems like a win-win for RM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Suarez first game after his ban finished will be against real, couldn't write it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Pique wrote: »
    Sounds more like if he turns out good, we could buy him for 6m, but if he's better than that, Madrid can cancel the loan.

Seems like a win-win for RM.

Dont think it really affect Real Madrid ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement