Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

SlickRic wrote: »
    this is all actually Hodgson's fault.

if he wasn't so fúcking shíte, Uruguay would've lost agsinst England, Uruguay would've had nothing to play for and Suarez wouldn't have lost it out of frustration.

yup, Roy's fault.

poor Luis.

Comolli for me ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Shaqiri is going to be new Erikson, is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

rob316 wrote: »
    Blame fifa? A siege mentality? Would you listen to yourself. Not one single player is bigger than this club you would do well to remember that.

They should public condemn him and then sort it out behind close doors wet her that is helping him or moving him on.

It worked for Ferguson at United, so I dont think it all that outrageous. As I said, fully deserving of the ban, but if defending him helps keep him at anfield, I don't see why not go for the aul faux outrage option.

There's no chance of getting a replacement for Suarez who's even near as effective.

"there's no one player bigger then the club" thing is bull. It's an outdated cliche. Criminal acts aside, if a players value to the club is greater then another club are willing to pay for him, he'll always stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Shaqiri would be a great signing. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Shaqiri, Sanchez, Lovern and LB add in Lallana which will probably happen and it would be quite a good transfer window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Shaqiri, Sanchez, Lovern and LB add in Lallana which will probably happen and it would be quite a good transfer window.

No way we sign Sanchez, Shaqiri and Lallana. Maybe get two of them but could easily be only one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,039 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Feel sorry for Gerrard and the lads - Suarez knocks them out of the world cup with his brilliance, then ensures his brilliance can't help them at club level for quarter of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The club defended him through thick and thin, and I'm sure they will again, and seek more help for him. Lfc have given him plenty of chances and didn't get much thanks last Summer.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

No way we sign Sanchez, Shaqiri and Lallana. Maybe get two of them but could easily be only one.

Would be over the moon with just Sanchez and Shaqiri - one established, experienced first teamer, and one guy with plenty of ability already, and plenty of potential. Would leave our attacking positions in amazingly good shape.

Would still like an animal of a midfielder - I don't know enough about Can to know if that's what he could do.

Sort out the fullbacks, add a CB and we're sorted.

That's obviously a lot though..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

K-9 wrote: »
    The club defended him through thick and thin, and I'm sure they will again, and seek more help for him. Lfc have given him plenty of chances and didn't get much thanks last Summer.

Maybe that's the problem, if the club hadn't defended him so vigorously through his awful behaviour perhaps he would have considered not doing it.

• Advertisement

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Maybe that's the problem, if the club hadn't defended him so vigorously through his awful behaviour perhaps he would have considered not doing it.

That doesn't make sense to me. I mean, if he were 6 it might make sense, but in this case it doesn't. Two lengthy bans thus far is quite enough for him to know it's a bad idea.

You say "perhaps he would have considered not doing it", but that's the issue I think - there's no consideration involved. It's just a crazy instinct he seems to have in moments of extreme frustration, and acts upon before he can stop himself.

It's of course something the player needs to deal with, finding the root of this reaction, and a way to control it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Better to sell him now before the next incident - and there will be one. When that happens we will be talking a season out at least and he will have very little value.

A great player with no moral compass whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    That doesn't make sense to me. I mean, if he were 6 it might make sense, but in this case it doesn't. Two lengthy bans thus far is quite enough for him to know it's a bad idea.

You say "perhaps he would have considered not doing it", but that's the issue I think - there's no consideration involved. It's just a crazy instinct he seems to have in moments of extreme frustration, and acts upon before he can stop himself.

It's of course something the player needs to deal with, finding the root of this reaction, and a way to control it.

The instinct is probably brought about having a sense of being wronged in the past even though he was himself in the wrong.

When you get in trouble for doing something terrible, then people come out wearing t-shirts with your name and face on them, trumpeting about how you did nothing wrong, how are you going to feel about your actions?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

If you can still get the €80 million for Suarez then take it and use it to get someone like Falcao who doesn't have the issues Suarez has, and you still have money for someone like Sanchez, though I would like him at United.
    He has put Liverpool in a bad situation, who end up paying for his actions. If you could get a fit Falcao, and lots of dosh for Suarez, then you would have a world class striker without the concern something crazy could happen again when least expected.
    It is unfair on the fans of both club and country what he did. I would keep Suarez if I knew he wouldn't do it again and if it could be treated, but I think most people would have believed he wouldn't have done it again, and that is the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

ebbsy wrote: »
    Better to sell him now before the next incident - and there will be one. When that happens we will be talking a season out at least and he will have very little value.

the man needs help and support and im sure rodgers and lfc will provide this as they did last season. hopefully at he very least he is allowed train with the squad if the ban is somehow reduced

I hope we keep him and he ram it down the haters throats again like last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I hope we keep him and he ram it down the haters throats again like last season.

Most sensible people admire and recognise his talent, the only hate is for his behaviour.

Sanchez, Shaqiri, new LB, CB and a CM to sort midfield, probably talking 100 million there lads, with maybe 20 in. Transfer spend is guess work but unless Suarez is going thats serious money.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

RobertKK wrote: »
    Most sensible people admire and recognise his talent, the only hate is for his behaviour.

Sensible people are a rare breed among partisan football fans.

• Advertisement

The instinct is probably brought about having a sense of being wronged in the past even though he was himself in the wrong.

When you get in trouble for doing something terrible, then people come out wearing t-shirts with your name and face on them, trumpeting about how you did nothing wrong, how are you going to feel about your actions?

You seem to only be talking about the racism issue - for the biting issue, everybody involved admitted it was wrong. There were no t-shirts. There were no appeals. There were only comments from the club that they would try to help the player, who himself also heartily admitted he was wrong, and apologized to Ivanovic.

The previous time he did it, he never played for the club again.

So again, there clearly is absolutely no doubt the player is aware this is a bad thing to do. He's not still doing it because he's feeling "wronged". He's doing it because he's a nutbar, with nutbar instincts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Am I being an idiot... but does the 9 international match ban actually start now?

As in during the 4 month ban, Uruguay play 3 matches and therefore Suarez only has 6 matches to go before he can play for Uruguay again?

If so.. that really does just rub salt in the wound.

How does that explain the bite then at Ajax and them shipping him out shortly after?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

hi guys,reading in here everyday for couple of years now but this is my first post,anyway question is could liverpool sue suarez for breach of contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

diceyd wrote: »
    hi guys,reading in here everyday for couple of years now but this is my first post,anyway question is could liverpool sue suarez for breach of contract?

I imagine we could fine him for unprofessional behavior. Breach of contract? I'm not sure, but I doubt that was put in the contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I was thinking this earlier, if there is a clause written into his contract then possibly -

I don't know do we have a clause like that in place though after last time, could well do....

Can't see us suing him though.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

That doesn't make any sense.

Your moral compass isn't anything to do with compulsive acts of insanity.

There's no moral decision there.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

tok9 wrote: »
    Am I being an idiot... but does the 9 international match ban actually start now?

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Welcome.

Can't see the Club bringing that upon themselves, tbh. Nor would I advocate it.

Chelsea managed to get compensation with Mutu, but that's a whole different ball park to Suarez, really.

Gbear wrote: »
    That doesn't make any sense.

Your moral compass isn't anything to do with compulsive acts of insanity.

There's no moral decision there.

Exactly. Countless times over the last few days I've wondered if people can actually genuinely believe what they post.

Welcome to The Wall.

Lots of wildlings around this eve and a few whitewalkers lingering around since last night, so don't go getting yourself snuffed on your first shift.

Rarnes is the one you need to watch out for (thinks he is the rightful king of Castle Black so he does) and the righful heir to the LFC Thread Throne - ignore him but do be aware he has many faces/usernames.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

they could just make it a competitive game ban so..

So he can play Norwich so?
    They still in the league lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

20m pounds and Sanchez (hypothetically) offered for Suarez (which would probably be enough for Shaqiri). Would you take it? I probably would

Exactly, the extreme competitive nature that makes him a joy to watch, the will to win and never knowing when he's beat, whether that be 4-0 up or getting hammered must be intrinsically linked to the biting. Its abnormal and obviously some obsessive psychological thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Big gamble on Easter spirit in the 8:30 at tipp if anyone is interested. Good word for him.

Out of curiosity, I wonder what the result would have been had his defence been;

"Yes, I bit him. I know it's a crazy thing to do, and very shocking to see, and I can only offer my fullest apologies. Back when I was a kid in school, other boys used to mock me about my large teeth - my reaction then was to use my weakness against them, so instead of punching, i'd bite. In moments of exasperation and anxiety now, my mind still goes back to those times, and those old instincts come back. I'm sorry for embarrassing this great competition, and I'm working with a counselor to deal with these issues from my past. I never intend to harm - if I did, I would punch, or elbow like other players. instead, it's like a sudden release of frustration. Once again, I apologise to the people at FIFA, the Italian team, and those at home who were offended by my actions."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

tok9 wrote: »

As in during the 4 month ban, Uruguay play 3 matches and therefore Suarez only has 6 matches to go before he can play for Uruguay again?

If so.. that really does just rub salt in the wound.

I think that is the case. First game of his 9 match international ban starts with Colombia and runs alongside the 4 month ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Knex. wrote: »
    Exactly. Countless times over the last few days I've wondered if people can actually genuinely believe what they post.

You must have burnt your one brain cell thinking that up.

Handball against Ghana
    Multiple BITES against human beings

Its a fu@@ing outrage.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Welcome to The Wall.

Lots of wildlings around this eve and a few whitewalkers lingering around since last night, so don't go getting yourself snuffed on your first shift.

Rarnes is the one you need to watch out for (thinks he is the rightful king of Castle Black so he does) and the righful heir to the LFC Thread Throne - ignore him but do be aware he has many faces/usernames.

thanks for the warning,love reading all your views and opinions as mad as some are,cheers guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

We'll never get new posters if you attack one for simply giving an opinion that he read elsewhere...

So fucking what if it wasn't his own. We had a joke about it when it was found, but chill out.

I doubt every opinion you've ever held came completely from the depths of your imagination without any outside influence.

Have the joke, but Christ, attacking the man as if he bit Chiellini himself is a little OTT.

Wtf dude, you've been bashing me a lot lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

So had time to think about it and my disappointment is now helped by knowing we have Rickie Lambert in our squad.

• Advertisement

We'll never get new posters if you attack one for simply giving an opinion that he read elsewhere...

So fucking what if it wasn't his own. We had a joke about it when it was found, but chill out.

I doubt every opinion you've ever held came completely from the depths of your imagination without any outside influence.

Have the joke, but Christ, attacking the man as if he bit Chiellini himself is a little OTT.

No! He has to learn that you can't just quote other peoples opinions word for word as your own....you have to change the order of the words around a little bit, maybe use a few synonym's. Throw in a few misspellings for good measure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Thinking about this today, I'm not as disappointed as when he got the 10 match ban after Ivanovich. This time it was, to me, obviously deliberate and premeditated. He's been unapologetic and unrepentant.

What makes it easier for me is how well the team did without him last time. Team should be stronger this time so he will be missed even less. When he comes back, it will be even better.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Wtf dude, you've been bashing me a lot lately.

:pac:

Brilliant. That would never have dawned on me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Yes.

Thanks for being so ruthless with me honey badger!
    I think that is the case. First game of his 9 match international ban starts with Colombia and runs alongside the 4 month ban.

Hold on.. which is it lads.

Morzadec wrote: »
    20m pounds and Sanchez (hypothetically) offered for Suarez (which would probably be enough for Shaqiri). Would you take it? I probably would

I think ask me in a week when it settles a little bit and I can think a small bit more rationally.

Gun to head right now, I probably would. But I don't know if its the right decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Interesting discussion on RTE with the hysteria left out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

You must have burnt your one brain cell thinking that up.

Handball against Ghana
    Multiple BITES against human beings

Its a fu@@ing outrage.

Why do people consider the handball cheating? He prevented a goal and got a red card. If Gyan scored the peno nobody would have cared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Liverpool is a big commercial juggernaut these days, do you think sponsors might have an impact on his future at LFC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭MacBizzle

MacBizzle wrote: »
    As expected really.

FIFA won't have the balls to do anything that'll affect Liverpool so we'll be grand.

I'm still outraged by this overpaid man who bit another overpaid man thousands of miles away though. Won't somebody think of the grown-up children!?!? :p

Can a mod please delete this?

:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Interesting discussion on RTE with the hysteria left out of it.

Would he kill his granny?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement