Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Wow, I'd heard the quotes before but never saw the video where John Henry admits there was a 40mill buy out clause in Suarez' contract last summer! Really starting to like our owners and the cut of their jib!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Jesus ****ing christ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC
    Southampton defender Dejan Lovren will undergo a medical with Liverpool over the weekend #LFC #SaintsFC

https://twitter.com/BenSmithBBC/status/492692802749595649

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

We should get the Liverpool medical team over here to run the HSE, the amount of players they are managing to go through in the last few days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC
    Southampton defender Dejan Lovren will undergo a medical with Liverpool over the weekend #LFC #SaintsFC

https://twitter.com/BenSmithBBC/status/492692802749595649

Must have agreed a fee then. The Southampton takeover continues!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Getting Vidal in can feel it in my bones

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Seamu$ wrote: »
    Must have agreed a fee then. The Southampton takeover continues!
    Himself, Moreno, Remy and Origi will be very fatigued for the upcoming season, between the World Cup for some of them and the daily medicals they've all had over the last few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

We should get the Liverpool medical team over here to run the HSE, the amount of players they are managing to go through in the last few days

They've been zaffed! Andy-Carroll-undergoes-hi-007.jpeg

Fee for Lovren being reported as £20m. Too much, but better overpay by £4-5m than miss out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Fee for Lovren being reported as £20m. Too much, but better overpay by £4-5m than miss out.

If Luiz is worth 50 then Lovrens a bargain, anyway there a dearth of good centre halves available so the market dictates a higher price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Kind of strange we're playing hardball with Sevilla considering we're so generous to Southampton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Getting Vidal in can feel it in my bones

No no no no nooooo!

We wouldn't want him here :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

5live wrote: »
    No no no no nooooo!

We wouldn't want him here :pac:

Ah yeah, waste of money. Sure did you not see Can play fairly well in a friendly the other day? Don't need Vidal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Fescue wrote: »
    Kind of strange we're playing hardball with Sevilla considering we're so generous to Southampton.

I reckon we should be since we're taking so much of their team.

Still, they are the ones who are sellin'.

Ah here some of those goals are actually outrageous. Against arsenal and villa especially were superb.
    Lot of linking up with Sterling in that footage too, hopefully that becomes a big partnership for us

His goal against Stoke is one of my favourites. That goal is borne out of pure desire, not just technical ability.

Personally I think it's great that, Moreno aside, we seem to be getting our primary targets since Sanchez went to Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Lovren, Remy and Origi looking as good as done, all three are great to have in the squad and the 1st 2 are very strong possible 1st team players.

Very good business this summer, very promising players and the loaning out BR is doing is fantastic.

Let's hope that's not the end of it.

zarquon wrote: »
    I'd be fairly certain it's a combination of both football reasons and location. Unless you have direct quotes from Sanchez to back up your theory which you present as "fact"

I don't have time to search the whole thread but i did read posts from people backtracking on Sanchez, here is one i found:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91138812&postcount=3831

Correct me if I'm wrong here, I'm too lazy to actualy check, but isnt that post from BEFORE Sanchez was actualy confirmed as an Arsenal player?? If so it's a terrible example. If not, I'm wrong, ignore me and carry on....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

If Lovren comes in, I think we should Change our Name to Liverhampton. :D

In all Seriousness, why do I get the Feeling that if Jay Rodriguez didn't get Injured, he would be one of our Targets as well. Anyone else feels the same?

All these players lined up for medicals. Are the doctors on strike or what?

• Advertisement

zarquon wrote: »
    That's not backtracking, i believe the statement was that AC did not see one Liverpool fan backtrack. Rawk was full of backtracking fans, the thread went into meltdown over there. I don't know if i'm allowed to link to the RAWK Sanchez thread here but it's not hard to find and the attitude change after the arsenal announcement was hilarious :)

The statement was not specific to fans in this forum but fans in general.

Of course that is backtracking!! All you did was point out some posters, alot of whom were probably just allowed post in this thread for the world cup, said they weren't too pushed about missing out on Sanchez.

For it to be back tracking you would first need to show us where those paticular posters said they would love Sanchez in the first place, then you would expose them as backtrackers, then and only then. Just because some posters said they would love Sanchez and then a different group of posters said they weren't bothered does not a backtracker make.

Plus why are you all of a sudden quoting a different website to back up your claims. Go tell those people, why would any of us on here care what other Liverpool fans are doing when all you're doing is trying to hold that thing against every Liverpool fan!! Shame on you sir!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

mormank wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong here, I'm too lazy to actualy check, but isnt that post from BEFORE Sanchez was actualy confirmed as an Arsenal player?? If so it's a terrible example. If not, I'm wrong, ignore me and carry on....

Why did you have to go there again........does anyone even care? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

In all Seriousness, why do I get the Feeling that if Jay Rodriguez didn't get Injured, he would be one of our Targets as well. Anyone else feels the same?

Wasn't Southampton bought a few years back for £15m or something?

Oranage2 wrote: »
    People lie all the time annd Rogers more than most is known for his verbal diarrhea.

Wait a second, you're a Utd fan aren't you?? What about all that verbal diarrhea Fergie spouted all over the Old Trafford pitch last summer after his retirement about being the best club in the world with the best fans in the world and asking the whole club to get behind and support their new manager blah blah blah....Hilarious stuff really when you consider what actualy transpired. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I could make arguments for Lovren, Lallana and Lambert (as a squad player).

I'd be furious if we signed Rodriquez.

I could make arguments for Lovren, Lallana and Lambert (as a squad player).

I'd be furious if we signed Rodriquez.

Agreed. I've seen that "It'd be cheaper just to buy Southampton!" joke enough as is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Will Lovern start do people reckon?

Rodgers seems to have a ' your place to lose' policy, I'd be a surprised to see him starting at the start of the season since Skertle played decent last season and Sakho had a good world cup. I'd be cautious about putting him into my ff team straight away.

Agger surely gone so?

NukaCola wrote: »
    Why did you have to go there again........does anyone even care? :P

Eh, was a couple of hours behind the thread and was posting replies as I read posts. Then I realised further on that no one cared and it was a pointless argument, but it was too late by then. :( Still, the way that guy quoted posters I don't even recognise to prove some point about 'all liverpool fans' really irked me. Struck me as desperate and quite pathetic and it needed pointing out! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Rodgers seems to have a ' your place to lose' policy, I'd be a surprised to see him starting at the start of the season since Skertle played decent last season and Sakho had a good world cup. I'd be cautious about putting him into my ff team straight away.

Agger surely gone so?

Lovren and Sakho should be our first choice partnership.

• Advertisement

Agger surely gone so?

If he's been signed as the defensive leader, as many people re saying, it will be Lovren plus one of Skrtel or Sakho.

To be honest, I wouldn't be putting too many Liverpool defenders in your fantasy football team.

On Lambert, he is more than a squad player imo, he's going to start a hell of a lot of games. He has to, we have three out and out strikers and at least 6 extra games.

Considering we didn't do well in the other cup competitions that will surely end up in more games aswell. I consider him a first team striker and I'm not sure he's good enough, delighted with Remy though, he's a 20 goal man, given the chances we create.

According to Tony Evans, the club don't fancy Mignolet at all.
    Whether you want to believe it or not, they don't fancy Mingolet. Doesn't talk, doesn't direct defence, doesn't dominate area, slow off line

I find it hard to argue with any of the above. I think a better option in goal is as important as left back this season.

Tony Evans (Times football editor) reckons Reina is the best out of the 3 keepers in training today, and then said "Whether you want to believe it or not, they don't fancy Mingolet. Doesn't talk, doesn't direct defence, doesn't dominate area, slow off line"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Tony Evans (Times football editor) reckons Reina is the best out of the 3 keepers in training today, and then said "Whether you want to believe it or not, they don't fancy Mingolet. Doesn't talk, doesn't direct defence, doesn't dominate area, slow off line"

What odds Reina starts season between the posts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

So close on the 16th June :D

Southampton away on opening day. Lallana and Lovern to play against their old club.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90867754&postcount=8160

Might as well go again.

Moreno and Vidal to sign after the season starts, and to get drawn against Barca and PSG in the CL. :P

• Advertisement

What odds Reina starts season between the posts?[/QUOTE

Would definitely give himthe chance

I think he's the best overall keeper at the club. Mignolet has been a major disappointment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Pretty long one would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Kess73 wrote: »

I would tend to agree, but if he is training better than Mig then he has to be considered

Kess73 wrote: »

I'm not so sure. We've seen Rodgers bring players back in from the cold before.

• Advertisement

I wonder will Reina be staying after all.

Can understand the criticism of Mignolet but he was still an improvement on Reina's last two seasons at the club. Maybe Pepe just needs some stiff competition though I don't really like not having a clear number one.

Will be a bit awkward if he does stay after that dodgy farewell letter.

I wonder will Reina be staying after all.

Can understand the criticism of Mignolet but he was still an improvement on Reina's last two seasons at the club. Maybe Pepe just needs some stiff competition though I don't really like not having a clear number one.

Will be a bit awkward if he does stay after that dodgy farewell letter.

A couple of decent saves and that will soon be forgotten.

The way we play, his ability on the ball would be an outstanding asset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Sappy404 wrote: »

In fairness i'd expect Reina to be the best out of himself, Brad Jones and Danny Ward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Fescue wrote: »
    A couple of decent saves and that will soon be forgotten.

The way we play, his ability on the ball would be an outstanding asset.

With Reina in goal and his good distribution, there be no need for Gerrard and his long range passing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Tony Evans seeks attention and stockpiles bitterness.

Wouldn't pay much attention to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

With Drogba back at Chelsea would you take Nando back if he was valued under 10m?

I know it's madness but it's just a thought...

Edit: or on loan?

Tony Evans seeks attention and stockpiles bitterness.

Wouldn't pay much attention to him

I understand where you're coming from but I don't really disagree with what he's saying.

With Drogba back at Chelsea would you take Nando back if he was valued under 10m?

I know it's madness but it's just a thought...

No, we don't need him. Don't particularly want him either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Regarding those points that Evans made about Mig, Why would we buy a keeper that has such poor attributes, think its just Evans opinion. I dont think Mig is that bad actually, I've often noticed him shouting orders at the defenders but he could work on set pieces and be more dominant in his area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

So Tony Evans says that Reina is the best reserve keeper we have and bigs up one of Rafa's old guard.

Suddenly Mignolet is a sh!t keeper and we're looking for 'options' ?

I think the heat is getting to people

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement