Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

So Tony Evans says that Reina is the best reserve keeper we have and bigs up one of Rafa's old guard.

Suddenly Mignolet is a sh!t keeper and we're looking for 'options' ?

I think the heat is getting to people

I've been pretty much of the opinion we could do better than Mignolet in goal for a long while.

I think overall, he is a pretty poor keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

With Drogba back at Chelsea would you take Nando back if he was valued under 10m?

I know it's madness but it's just a thought...

Edit: or on loan?

I'd rather take Moses back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Mig will be number 1 keeper this season and Reina will be loaned out again IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

With Drogba back at Chelsea would you take Nando back if he was valued under 10m?

Wouldn't touch him, he'd want big wages as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Fescue wrote: »
    I've been pretty much of the opinion we could do better than Mignolet in goal for a long while.

I think overall, he is a pretty poor keeper.

I don't think he's that poor and he's definatley better than Reina was in his last seasons with us or his time at Napoli.

I think next season we'll see a better Mig with maybe Sakho and Lovern in front of him ( all speaking French )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Kess73 wrote: »
    So close on the 16th June :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90867754&postcount=8160

Might as well go again.

Moreno and Vidal to sign after the season starts, and to get drawn against Barca and PSG in the CL. :P

Ha, hardly a massive prediction really. I would have it akin to predicting Easter will land on a Sunday next year! :P

I don't think he's that poor and he's definatley better than Reina was in his last seasons with us or his time at Napoli.

I think next season we'll see a better Mig with maybe Sakho and Lovern in front of him ( all speaking French )

I don't think that will be a factor to be honest. They all speak enough english to play football.

He's an exceptional shot stopper, I'll give him that but he is poor in all other areas of his game. Especially with the ball at his feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

mormank wrote: »
    Ha, hardly a massive prediction really. I would have it akin to predicting Easter will land on a Sunday next year! :P

So you're confident there'll be a next year :pac:

Wow, just spotted that now! That's crazy. I thought Mourinho was finally gonna quit with his scorched earth policy towards managing clubs now with his second stint at Chelsea. Perhaps not.

• Advertisement

So you're confident there'll be a next year :pac:

I have always had to believe there is a next year as a Liverpool fan, if there is no next year when exactly would Liverpool finally win the Premier league??? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

What do we make of Lovren then?

Fee seems highish but I'm pretty happy with the signing and it's not like we're short of cash. Don't know a lot about him but seemingly had a very good season.

25 seems a good age to sign a centre back, should have his best years in front of him and should also be ready to play straight away. With Sahko at a similar age, if they click then we could be talking about the centre-back positions being set for the best part of 10 years...

For those who know more about him - what qualities will he bring? Is he a lefty or a righty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Kess73 wrote: »
    So close on the 16th June :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90867754&postcount=8160

Might as well go again.

Moreno and Vidal to sign after before the season starts , and to get drawn against Barca and PSG in the CL. :P

FYP Kess ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Morzadec wrote: »
    What do we make of Lovren then?

Fee seems highish but I'm pretty happy with the signing and it's not like we're short of cash. Don't know a lot about him but seemingly had a very good season.

25 seems a good age to sign a centre back, should have his best years in front of him and should also be ready to play straight away. With Sahko at a similar age, if they click then we could be talking about the centre-back positions being set for the best part of 10 years...

For those who know more about him - what qualities will he bring? Is he a lefty or a righty?

What I see is a commanding International CB who can score goals and has already settled into the PL who is a natural right footed player who is as comfortable on the left as he is the right.

Again I wouldn't believe everything we see in the price we paid £18m for Sakho if Lovren is £2m more so be it with luck they will be our starting CB pairing for the next 5/6 seasons and both together cost less than one David Luiz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

If you haven't gotten over Fernando Torres after the season we've just had, I don't think you ever will. It's bewildering that some are still pining for him.

What's next - we should play Johnson in midfield? Pacheco never got a chance?

Sappy404 wrote: »
    If you haven't gotten over Fernando Torres after the season we've just had, I don't think you ever will. It's bewildering that some are still pining for him.

What's next - we should play Johnson in midfield? Pacheco never got a chance?

I still can't believe Richie Partridge never made it here! He was set for stardom in so many Champ managers. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

According to Tony Evans, the club don't fancy Mignolet at all.

I find it hard to argue with any of the above. I think a better option in goal is as important as left back this season.

I bet you we re-sign Doni and play him as a false no.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

How many did we buy today lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

BtaO_9VIIAAv_ju.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

brevity wrote: »

He'll be sacked within the month he serves from his knees

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Is that Rafa up on the board over head?

• Advertisement

Augmerson wrote: »
    Is that Rafa up on the board over head?
    Nah....its just a fat spanish waiter:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

brevity wrote: »

Sub of the day - Iago Aspas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Pique

mormank wrote: »
    I still can't believe Richie Partridge never made it here! He was set for stardom in so many Champ managers. :D

Sean Dundee ftw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Genuine lols on this page, wp.

I find it hard to argue with any of the above. I think a better option in goal is as important as left back this season.

You'd think that is the kind of thing they'd have known before they signed him.
    Reina can **** off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

5live wrote: »
    Nah....its just a fat spanish waiter:pac:

Careful now!... ;)

Reina can **** off.

I find it very hard to believe that they are just gonna give up on Mignolet for Reina at this point. Unless Reina has absolutely no suiters I would be very surprised to see him here next year. Mignolet did have one or two shockers throughout the season but he showed more than enough in his first season with us imo to be given at least another season in between the sticks. Reina's ability on the ball would be an asset given how we play but the powers that be knew this last season also and still chose to replace him. Would be an expensive mistake if they ditch him for Reina now.

Reina can **** off.

I'm sure they fancied Iago Aspas, Luis Alberto and Ossama Assaidi before they signed them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Delighted with the lovren deal. I didn't see much of him at Lyon but he came to England with a pretty good reputation and his season with Southampton has only enhanced that. He's very experienced for his age, should be near his peak and we should get six or seven good seasons out of him at least before age becomes an issue. 20m isn't even that much in todays market, it's not like days of old where 20m+ transfer fees were reserved for the very biggest signings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

MR NINE wrote: »
    Delighted with the lovren deal. I didn't see much of him at Lyon but he came to England with a pretty good reputation and his season with Southampton has only enhanced that. He's very experienced for his age, should be near his peak and we should get six or seven good seasons out of him at least before age becomes an issue. 20m isn't even that much in todays market, it's not like days of old where 20m+ transfer fees were reserved for the very biggest signings

Is the louvren deal confirmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

I'm sure they fancied Iago Aspas, Luis Alberto and Ossama Assaidi before they signed them too.

I never understand the Alberto hate, he's only 21. He seems decent, just needs more games to grow. Assaidi and aspas are both mid 20's and should be in their prime.

• Advertisement

I never understand the Alberto hate, he's only 21. He seems decent, just needs more games to grow.

Great for a lift on a night out aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Shh'onoo when...

Dey doo do dat den dont dey?

Donde?

I never understand the Alberto hate, he's only 21. He seems decent, just needs more games to grow. Assaidi and aspas are both mid 20's and should be in their prime.

I don't have hate for the chap as such but I think it was very evident very quickly he isn't of the required standard. I don't see him dislodging Coutinho, Markovic, Lallana, Sterling et al.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

According to Tony Evans , China were set to buy Liverpool.
    However he got this monumental error on the front page of the Times, he has been 100% bitter towards anything to do with the club since (and yes I know he is supposed to be a "top top Red")

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Y donde fescue me?

Zico wrote: »
    Y donde fescue me?

I haven't a clue what you're on about, I assume your drunk...

So its Lallana, Can, Lovren, Lambert, Remy, Markovic, Origi, Manquillo are either close or done?

Add in Moreno or a LB and thats our business done and our squad set it would seem. Adding 9 players to the squad is mental though, maybe needed for the long term but not sure how that will work out for us.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Careful now!... ;)

*scratches head*

I thought it was just Arsenal we couldn't slag *pac*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Vicxas wrote: »
    Is the louvren deal confirmed?

Pretty much, he's having a medical. I think we can start talking about him as our player

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Why is Lovren having a medical in Liverpool and Origi and Remy had their 10 (in total) in Boston?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I don't have hate for the chap as such but I think it was very evident very quickly he isn't of the required standard. I don't see him dislodging Coutinho, Markovic, Lallana, Sterling et al.

12 months ago some people thought Sterling wasn't of the required standard. The list of top quality players who were at various stages of their development written off, derided or considered not of the required standard would be a very long list

5starpool wrote: »
    Why is Lovren having a medical in Liverpool and Origi and Remy had their 10 (in total) in Boston?

I think the remaining games take place at locations where they will only stay for 48 hours. So rather than depositing footballers all over north America, they thought it might be good to have Lovren take his in Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Given that we have signed Lambert. Lallana and Lovren to go with Skrtel, Sterling and Sturridge it seems clear that Rodgers policy is not to sign two players for every position but to sign three players for each letter of the alphabet. Which means a squad of 78 players and a lot more signings to come.

I look forward to us signing Xavi and persuading Abel Xavier out of retirement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Given that we have signed Lambert. Lallana and Lovren to go with Skrtel, Sterling and Sturridge it seems clear that Rodgers policy is not to sign two players for every position but to sign three players for each letter of the alphabet. Which means a squad of 78 players and a lot more signings to come.

Looks like Lucas is on his way out so...

12 months ago some people thought Sterling wasn't of the required standard. The list of top quality players who were at various stages of their development written off, derided or considered not of the required standard would be a very long list

If he proves me wrong I'll be delighted. I think his lack of mobility is a major problem though. He is chronically slow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Never a truer statement made!

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

5starpool wrote: »

I'd guess that the club had full access to all the medical facilities in Boston but as they''re off to Chicago the same might not be true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

I'd guess that the club had full access to all the medical facilities in Boston but as they''re off to Chicago the same might not be true.

Echo said they had to use a few different facilities in Boston to get all the test done. As Fescue said, they are going to be traveling to a few different cities now, now it was just handier to do it in Liverpool

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/media-watch/echo-target-set-for-medical

And Xabi completes the set.

Xavi, Xavier and Xabi.

FSG will be delighted to use up all those spare letters in the alphabet, no more waste.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Go first name basis for X.

Xavi, Xabi and Xherdan :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement