Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

mormank wrote: »
    I still can't believe Richie Partridge never made it here! He was set for stardom in so many Champ managers. :D

Hakur ingi gudnasson ftw

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Is Lovren the first Croatian to play for Liverpool?

EDIT: ASSUMING we sign him and he plays a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

RainMaker wrote: »
    Echo said they had to use a few different facilities in Boston to get all the test done. As Fescue said, they are going to be traveling to a few different cities now, now it was just handier to do it in Liverpool

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/media-watch/echo-target-set-for-medical

That makes sense as I presume the red Sox facilities would have been available but would have limited access elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Augmerson wrote: »
    Is Lovren the first Croatian to play for Liverpool?

EDIT: ASSUMING we sign him and he plays a game.

FFS Man.

biscan_1097176c.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

FFS Man.

biscan_1097176c.jpg

I don't know how anyone could forget that legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Super Croat Igor Biscan used to be atrocious
    Used to sitting on the bench or driving a Ford Focus
    But now he's turned into a swan and not a diplodocus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Used to sitting on the bench or driving a Ford Focus
    But now he's turned into a swan and not a diplodocus

Even though he didnt play the final he earned his medal, some serious play in the run in!

I thought Biscan was French, the name like :(:confused::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Lallana out for 6 weeks apparently. Knee ligaments.

• Advertisement

Sign Jay up to replace Lallana.

Fescue wrote: »

Ah Jaysus.

Good job we have cash to spend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fescue wrote: »

Time to buy Vidal then :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Lallana misses start of new season.
    Feck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Any excuse to sign Vidal ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

That's quite annoying, I must say.

Lallana misses start of new season.
    Feck :)

Yeah, top news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

People complaining about signing a 26 year old for 25m only for him to get sidelined for at least 6 weeks without kicking a competitive ball. You'd swear God actually existed and was a bollox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Lallana out for six weeks? Sign Ronaldo. Only solution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Lallana injured, Suarez banned, Henderson and Sturridge leaving to work at Subway. Absolute disaster, season is over before it begins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Lallana will only miss 3 weeks of the season.

I can handle that. It's just vital he's ready for when we have Champions League to contend with.

also, Lovren is comfortably our most important signing of the summer so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

United v Liverpool thread, lol what a fcking joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Utd fans are completely delusional

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Interesting that Sterling see his best position in the centre. I don't see getting rid of the 4-4-2 diamond. I could also see Sterling play up front in a two as well. I think it will be a combination of a 4-3-3 & a 4-4-2 diamond for most of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

MD1990 wrote: »
    Interesting that Sterling see his best position in the centre. I don't see getting rid of the 4-4-2 diamond. I could also see Sterling play up front in a two as well. I think it will be a combination of a 4-4-3 & a 4-4-2 diamond for most of the season.

:pac:

• Advertisement

I can see a 4-2-3-1 being used considering the amount of interchanging attacking mids we have. Lallana/Phil/Marko/Sterling/Remy/Ibe

MD1990 wrote: »
    Interesting that Sterling see his best position in the centre. I don't see getting rid of the 4-4-2 diamond. I could also see Sterling play up front in a two as well. I think it will be a combination of a 4-3-3 & a 4-4-2 diamond for most of the season.

I hope Rodgers continues his policy of changing tactics and formations. It's good to keep the opposition guessing.

I do think you will see the best of Sturridge when he plays up top on his own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

United v Liverpool thread, lol what a fcking joke.

Why would you even click on that???

Ya big feckin eegit. Have you learned nothing? :pac:

daithijjj wrote: »

Why don't you two roll your socks up and get in there and start arguing. We'll never convince the United fans we're the bestest club in the world unless everyone puts their shoulder to the wheel.

daithijjj wrote: »

Mea Culpa. What can you say though, before George Orwell comes knocking on your door with an eviction notice.

• Advertisement

Utd fans are completely delusional

I wouldn't say all Utd fans are completely delusional but the last season has opened up some kind of massive hole in some fans psyche's that can only be blocked out by increased attention to the rivalry between Liverpool and Man U.

Utd have a lot more to worry about than Liverpool tbh.

Augmerson wrote: »
    I wouldn't say all Utd fans are completely delusional but the last season has opened up some kind of massive hole in some fans psyche's that can only be blocked out by increased attention to the rivalry between Liverpool and Man U.

Utd have a lot more to worry about than Liverpool tbh.

Liverpool having a decent season opened up a new dimension of hate, that's for sure.

Some Liverpool fans are as bad as Utd fans though tbf

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Liverpool having a decent season opened up a new dimension of hate, that's for sure.

Some Liverpool fans are as bad as Utd fans though tbf

In fairness from a neutral point of view (not me obviously, just a general opinion), I'd imagine there is not a lot to choose between both sets of support.

The fact that utd have had less to be worried or hysterical about in general over the last 25 years or so might have coloured things, but last season showed up some of the 'holier than thou' brigade as just plain wrong. Complaining about the other set is just futile, and often hypocritical.

All football fans are pr1cks, no one team's fans are worse than any other's apart from the Rushden & Diamonds collective.

I find them a very avaricious bunch.

Any team with Diamonds in the name is just pretentious. I bet they don't even have any real diamonds in the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Pissed off big time about Lallana, I must say, fcking hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Ha that thread. No surprise who it was started by.

On a different topic of course.... every now and again I flirt with the idea of becoming a soccer forum troll. I'd be good at it too, I think as I've seen clear signs of what you can get away with while causing disruption. Choose a set of fans and just irritate them within the rules of Boards.

But then I just go make a sandwich or something and get on with life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

He may only be missing 3 weeks of the season but he's also missing 3 weeks of pre season which is crucial to get your fitness upto the required levels . Annoying start , lets hope its his only injury this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Grayditch wrote: »
    Ha that thread. No surprise who it was started by.

On a different topic of course.... every now and again I flirt with the idea of becoming a soccer forum troll. I'd be good at it too, I think as I've seen clear signs of what you can get away with while causing disruption. Choose a set of fans and just irritate them within the rules of Boards.

But then I just go make a sandwich or something and get on with life.

I actually tried it there in a united match thread before. Was great craic altogether. I just went in and said a simple, "januzaj is overrated" and all hell broke loose.

That zerks lad ended up getting a ban over it. I couldn't do it continuously though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Seamu$ wrote: »
    They've been zaffed! Andy-Carroll-undergoes-hi-007.jpeg

equine-major-medical.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Pissed off big time about Lallana, I must say, fcking hell.

Yeah not good alright. Even though he might only miss the first 3 weeks of the actual season. Missing nearly all pre-season training can put a player right behind the 8 ball from the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

The unfortunate injury to Lalana might force the club into buying another player.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    The unfortunate injury to Lalana might force the club into buying another player.

We should be okay. I mean you have Gerrard, Can, Hendo and Allen in midfield while attackers in abundance. It's just unfortunate that B-rod's plans have been disrupted. A knee injury to boot which is never good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

We should be OK with markovic, hendo, Gerrard and couthinho right?

Right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Lallana out is annoying, was looking forward to seeing him play.

But between Sturridge, Sterling, Coutinho, Remy, Lambert and Markovic we ought to be able to field a winning team

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

We should be okay. I mean you have Gerrard, Can, Hendo and Allen in midfield while attackers in abundance. It's just unfortunate that B-rod's plans have been disrupted. A knee injury to boot which is never good.

We still have Leivapool too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Speaking of other threads does anyone else see the League of Ireland threads and think they say LOL fixtures... Etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Combined 11's ........shudder!!!

In fairness it's pretty hilarious when someone is chastising multiple players in the team they support all season.....yet still picks most of those players over players who play in a team that finished 2nd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

No doubt Alonso wouldnt have got near a combined team back in the day as you would have to play carrick over him the league table doesnt lie etc etc. Then when he signs for real madrid he suddenly becomes world class;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement