Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Setback for Lallana. Even though its probably just the first 3 weeks of the season it will take another few to get up to speed.
    This could result in Markovic seeing more gametime early on than previously intended

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

BtdMGZeIYAA4qOq.jpg

Mig on his way to join the team

#notthebestkeeperintraining ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Setback for Lallana. Even though its probably just the first 3 weeks of the season it will take another few to get up to speed.
    This could result in Markovic seeing more gametime early on than previously intended

He seems like the sort of guy who has natural fitness. I wouldn't expect that to be a problem really, just might not be as sharp as you would like.

In a way, I'd like to see the team pretty much unchanged from last season for the first few games, with the new players gradually coming into the team.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

So the transfer rumours I have gathered today:
    We are still top of the queue for Shaquiri, but need to pony up some more cash.
    Juve have put a deadline on a deal for Vidal of 2nd August.
    Assaidi's wage demands may kill the deal to Stoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

In fairness it's pretty hilarious when someone is chastising multiple players in the team they support all season.....yet still picks most of those players over players who play in a team that finished 2nd.

Why not say that in the thread then and not talk about people where they might not see your post. The thread is fine other than the people who don't actually want to partake in the discussion trying to derail it instead of ignoring it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Liam O wrote: »
    Why not say that in the thread then and not talk about people where they might not see your post. The thread is fine other than the people who don't actually want to partake in the discussion trying to derail it instead of ignoring it.

It's the My Da would kill your Da of threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Twitter talk of Shaqiri on his way for a medical.

I would be happy with it if it's true, the potential he has is outstanding and any game I've seen him play he's been outstanding. He'd fit into the squad straight away.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

hefferboi wrote: »
    I actually tried it there in a united match thread before. Was great craic altogether. I just went in and said a simple, "januzaj is overrated" and all hell broke loose.

That zerks lad ended up getting a ban over it. I couldn't do it continuously though.

Pro tip - if you're going to troll don't be stupid enough to admit it. Apart from whatever the forum mods are going to throw at you, trolling is a sitebannable offence, so take a month off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

There'll be no one left soon :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

We'll have to convert to United fans.

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »

Merge the threads? :pac::pac:

Cjs21 wrote: »
    Merge the threads? :pac::pac:

And make a combined top 11 posters :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

It's the My Da would kill your Da of threads.

It's not really, some people are trying to make it out to be but it's a valid question. Probably the 2 teams the most question marks over them for the coming season towards the top. People are just looking for something to give out about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

2VclCaN.gif

It's not really, some people are trying to make it out to be but it's a valid question. Probably the 2 teams the most question marks over them for the coming season towards the top. People are just looking for something to give out about.

It's not too bad so far but you just know it'll go tits up at some stage with a load of cards and bans and no one wants that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Death before UTD fandom!

Liverpool's new American Presenter, Jenny Johnson.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/video/most-viewed#18589

Keep her away from Rodgers, I'd say :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

In fairness, that appears to be the objective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

People are basically getting banned for jokes now?.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Liverpool's new American Presenter, Jenny Johnson.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/video/most-viewed#18589

Keep her away from Rodgers, I'd say :pac:

Check her out on twitter she had Chris Brown threating to kill her around the time he hit Rihanna.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Don't worry, I'm too boring to get banned so you'll always have me Kerri.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Don't worry, I'm too boring to get banned so you'll always have me Kerri.

I don't like my name shortened to "Kerri" so I've reported your post for violating my username. Sorry.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I'm alright thanks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

5live wrote: »
    In fairness, that appears to be the objective.

Seriously lads, the easiest way to avoid mod action is just to talk about the football, you know Liverpool football club, the thing this thread is supposed to be about.

this is clearly stated in the first post of the charter

and yet there has probably been a few posts like the above taking digs at the moderation or at the very least doing what is specifically mentioned there and discussing the moderation. This will result in warnings and potentially more should it continue to happen and the charter continue to be ignored.

Lets talk football folks, do that and the thread will be a far better place, if you dont want to do that go to the off topic thread but if people are going to continue to break the charter rules in blatant and regular fashion like for example admitting to trolling then you can expect them to be actioned.

please do not respond to this warning on thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

At the mods: Where can we constructively discuss the moderation?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

rob316 wrote: »
    At the mods: Where can we constructively discuss the moderation?

At the end of each season we have a feedback thread for any changes that should be made in the posters opinion. (most forums dont have this as far as I know)

As stated above if you have an individual query about moderation you can pm a mod or a CMod

Usually when a mod action is taken it is explained, people might not like that explanation or feel it goes into enough detail or the person who has been actioned might spin the situation but those things cannot be controlled by the mod team

If you feel you personally have been wronged by a mod in their decision there is the Dispute Resolution forum where you can post to get decisions reversed / looked at by CMods or admins

However if the issue you have is not in regard to you specifically then perhaps you should avoid this forum, as those people who were directly involved in the moderation issue will have had the opportunity themselves to go through such a process and often only themselves and the mod involved or the Cmods/ admins will know the full details. Issues are often made worse by posters who don't know the full extent of why someone else was actioned getting involved and having a go at moderation. There is also the feedback forum itself but this is usually only for big boards wide issues.

My last bolded post specifically called for moderation not to be discussed in thread so I (and I assume any other mods) will not be commenting further on this topic on thread so please people.... back to discussing football.

Shaquiri anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Speaking of other threads does anyone else see the League of Ireland threads and think they say LOL fixtures... Etc?

Every single time :) There is a post somewhere from me saying asking the same thing a few years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

No LOL fixtures are to do with Lambert, Origi and Lallana?

Shaqiri I wouldn't say no to alot of experience at the highest level which we need. I'm struggling to see though how we will fit in all these attacking players.
    Is rodgers going to play a 2 man midfield? It's suicide with Gerrard in there imo he has is the holding midfielder there had to be two ahead of him.

• Advertisement

It's starting to look like Brendan Rodgers is get a couple of midfields one to play in the PL/CL and then one for FA/League cups.

That can become interchangeable if needed.

What did he do?

Well his hips don't lie anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Some Swiss paper Blick, reported a bid of £14.2m submitted for Shaqira Shaqira.
    Havnt a notion if said paper is rag worthy or reliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Shaquiri anyone?

What did he do?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Has the Lovren fee been agreed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

kfallon wrote: »

If he's having a medical today then it must be. £20m is the figure being reported by James Pearce, Tony Barrett and co.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Apparently so. Although I haven't seen any confirmation

All reports on lovren I read said he will be our most expensive defender of all time eclipsing the 18m paid for Sakho and Johnson. So 20m appears to be the fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Vicxas wrote: »
    Apparently so. Although I haven't seen any confirmation

Yeah that's why I was asking, nothing official yet it would seem

Yeah that's why I was asking, nothing official yet it would seem

Some clubs like to announce they have agreed a deal for X player subject to a medical but we just seem to announce a deal when it's all done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Is the match tonight on the box, or do I need to browse the internet for it?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Is the match tonight on the box, or do I need to browse the internet for it?

Is it not on tomorrow night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Yep Sky Sports 1 Sunday 11pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Pique

Well his hips don't lie anyway :pac:

God I can see the tabloids using that in some headline.

53d3acf0765fe.jpg

- Joe Cole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Cjs21 wrote: »
    53d3acf0765fe.jpg

- Joe Cole

I have no time for him and what he says . An upside down shopping trolley would have been an upgrade on him .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Yep, he said that ages ago, have you only come across that now? ^^^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Joe Cole i.e. the boyo who said he didn't want to join Spurs for fear of being seen as a mercenary due to his West Ham affiliation. No problem though taking £90,000 a week off a club which clearly he felt was beneath him.

Yep, he said that ages ago, have you only come across that now? ^^^^

Yeah just came across it on Twitter. I normally just scroll past it when I see him linked with anything but it's a slow day :P

Sign him up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I have no time for him and what he says . An upside down shopping trolley would have been an upgrade on him .

Speaking of Joe Cole and upside down

scott-parker-on-joe-cole-o.gif

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement