Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Does anyone know where the Liverpool open training session is today in Chicago? Is it Soldier Field? Might go for a gander.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

SantryRed wrote: »
    Does anyone know where the Liverpool open training session is today in Chicago? Is it Soldier Field? Might go for a gander.

Yup, Soldier Field, 17:30 local time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

SantryRed wrote: »

Bit far from santry mate :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jay Spearing was made club captain at Bolton delighted that moved has worked out for him.

Fcuk!!!!
    Tony Barrett
    @TonyBadNews
    Adam Lallana's injury is far worse than expected. Could keep him out for 6 months. Looks like he could have done his ACL.

Edit:fake account. I fell for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Fcuk!!!!

Oh mother of Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

People will **** on Joe from a great height for that because he earned a fortune in wages off us and contributed sweet **** all , but I do agree with him on one point, the leading questions they use make me cringe to the point I can't watch official lfc interviews with new transfers anymore.

That said, to use said interview technique as an excuse for being utterly and completely useless just doesn't wash with me at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Fcuk!!!!

Kate Cohen strikes back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Fcuk!!!!

Get. Out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

People will **** on Joe from a great height for that because he earned a fortune in wages off us and contributed sweet **** all , but I do agree with him on one point, the leading questions they use make me cringe to the point I can't watch official lfc interviews with new transfers anymore.

That said, to use said interview technique as an excuse for being utterly and completely useless just doesn't wash with me at all.

It is cringe, no different from any other club though. Cole is just a muppet who downplays the club in order to make himself feel better over how **** he was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Couldn't agree more! Really is bad the way they set the questions up so the new signing has to wax lyrical about the club.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Couldn't agree more! Really is bad the way they set the questions up so the new signing has to wax lyrical about the club.

It's ridiculous for sure, but pretty standard stuff unfortunately. How that would mean he turned out to be as useful as an anthill in football terms though is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Ah yeah, I'm not saying it would effect how the player would play, just cringey stuff! Maybe it is standard at all clubs but I can't imagine Stoke City or someone of that ilk, asking a player about dreaming of playing for them!

Ah yeah, I'm not saying it would effect how the player would play, just cringey stuff! Maybe it is standard at all clubs but I can't imagine Stoke City or someone of that ilk, asking a player about dreaming of playing for them!

Oh I'm not saying you were defending him at all, it was a general comment. On your other bit though, it's obvious that Bojan has always dreamed of playing for Stoke rather than slumming it in Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

If it was a young player making a big step up there's nothing wrong with it, but Joe Cole had seen it all before won the league played in the CL and for England etc. he was hardly going to be overawed by the situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Jay Spearing was made club captain at Bolton delighted that moved has worked out for him.

Go me....

Ah balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

I don't usually watch other clubs preseason games but I need a fix for the evening. NY red bulls v Arsenal will be getting my attention, wouldn't mind a peek at Arsenal anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

It seems Origi has signed a 5 year deal. Back to them on loan for a season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Fcuk!!!!

Agent Coulson return to base :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Stargate wrote: »

He can use the chappa'ai :p

• Advertisement

Stargate wrote: »
    Kirby wrote: »
    He can use the chappa'ai :p

Dialing in the chevrons now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

mayordenis wrote: »
    We still have Leivapool too.

Gonna have to report you for that one. Shame on you mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

h_00462423.jpg

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned here today.

But Bob Paisley was appointed manager 40 years ago today.

First Liverpool manager I can remember and I think a seriously under rated one having one 20 trophies in 9 seasons including 3 European cups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

murpho999 wrote: »
    h_00462423.jpg

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned here today.

But Bob Paisley was appointed manager 40 years ago today.

First Liverpool manager I can remember and I think a seriously under rated one having one 20 trophies in 9 seasons including 3 European cups.

I don't think Sir Bob is underrated at all.

mosstin wrote: »

Not by Liverpool fans but he is in the media in my opinion.

I always found Man Utd get more positive media coverage, knighthoods etc.

Not sure he was the type who'd have wanted a knighthood anyway. He's always mentioned in the pantheon of great British managers. He was better than almost all of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The fact that he's not actually, "Sir Bob", would indicate that his a little bit.

Not sure he was the type who'd have wanted a knighthood anyway. He's always mentioned in the pantheon of great British managers. He was better than almost all of them.

Well I do find the British Honours system stupid anyway but how Alex Ferguson gets one for winning 1 European cup (albeit in a treble season) and Bob Paisley gets nothing for winning 3 is beyond me.

I don't understand why anyone refers to him as 'Sir Bob'. I know it's because a lot of people think he should have been knighted but he wasn't and use it anyhow, but I don't get it. Even if he was I wouldn't refer to him as 'Sir Bob' anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Well I do find the British Honours system stupid anyway but how Alex Ferguson gets one for winning 1 European cup (albeit in a treble season) and Bob Paisley gets nothing for winning 3 is beyond me.

It's more to do with the era, Knighting football folk back then was not common where as now a days it is. It's the only reason Fergie has one and Bob and the likes don 't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

The only person or persons I would ever call sir, would be my primary school teachers.

Soups123 wrote: »
    It's more to do with the era, Knighting football folk back then was not common where as now a days it is. It's the only reason Fergie has one and Bob and the likes don 't

Matt Busby also got his knghthood after winning European cup in 68.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Man Utd became England's media darlings after a certain event happened, that's what my dad had always said and he is a Spurs fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Man Utd became England's media darlings after a certain event happened, that's what my dad had always said and he is a Spurs fan

Well yeah...

A lot of them died tragically. That tends to elicit sympathy from humans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Apparently Origi deal is done. Announcement on Monday.

Knex. wrote: »
    The fact that he's not actually, "Sir Bob", would indicate that his a little bit.

A manager's value isn't solely measured by knighthoods.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Matt Busby also got his knghthood after winning European cup in 68.

I think his was more to do with him building his team after the Munich disaster.

Was strange he got one and Stein didn't yet Stein won the EC the year before and was the first Brit to win it, and Scottish.

5starpool wrote: »
    I don't understand why anyone refers to him as 'Sir Bob'. I know it's because a lot of people think he should have been knighted but he wasn't and use it anyhow, but I don't get it. Even if he was I wouldn't refer to him as 'Sir Bob' anyhow.

Well you'd be wide of the mark in this case. It was used ironically. Paisley's record in the game speaks for itself and a symbolic bauble from the queen wouldn't make a whit of difference to his legacy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Apparently Origi deal is done. Announcement on Monday.

Has he not a few more medicals left yet? He's only had 4 or 5, surely it's not enough?

• Advertisement

Well you'd be wide of the mark in this case. It was used ironically. Paisley's record in the game speaks for itself and a symbolic bauble from the queen wouldn't make a whit of difference to his legacy.

As far as a lot of people are concerned, yes, but I know in the UK there were even some requests and petitions to try and get him knighted posthumously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

martyos121 wrote: »
    Has he not a few more medicals left yet? He's only had 4 or 5, surely it's not enough?

And no pic of him leaning.

A contract is useless, only when they lean at Melwood do you know they are a Liverpool player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

A manager's value isn't solely measured by knighthoods.

I never said it was?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Could you be any more flippant in your phrasing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Busby was well deserving of one tbf. Football knighthoods were a no go during the height of hooliganism in the 70s and 80s id imagine. They're a bit of nonsense in recent times imo. CBE/MBE/OBE for everyone in the audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

He does have a point though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

magentis wrote: »
    He does have a point though.

I never said he doesn't, just a weird way to say it.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

I never said he doesn't, just a weird way to say it.

Remember the warning...

We got to talk football.

Hi everyone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Remember the warning...

We got to talk football.

Hi everyone :)

Im not forming any emotional attachment because you'll be gone again soon.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Im not forming any emotional attachment because you'll be gone again soon.

Come on.

Not even a hug?

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

His post is spot on and your bolloxology with your response is only serving to create more bolloxology.
    Two great football men, 46 years since Busby got his gong, It's reasonable to say that they were two of the greatest and we can leave it at that surely.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement