Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    The only person or persons I would ever call sir, would be my primary school teachers.

Lick ass

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

'Bolloxology'

Great name for an album that!

Now back to the football....

Origi looks a done deal but gone straight back to Lille for the season if the rumours are to believed.
    It also seems Manquillo looks close. Remy done along with Lovren and either Moreno or Bertrand incoming.

I suspect that will be the squad building/bulking complete and a big splurge on a big name if we can convince - a cherry on the top if you will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

His post is spot on and your bolloxology with your response is only serving to create more bolloxology.
    Two great football men, 46 years since Busby got his gong, It's reasonable to say that they were two of the greatest and we can leave it at that surely.

How is it bolloxology?
    It was the phrasing of the post I had issue with, nothing to do with the content. I never disagreed with it at all so what is it you're on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

How is it bolloxology?
    It was the phrasing of the post I had issue with, nothing to do with the content. I never disagreed with it at all so what is it you're on about?

More bolloxology. We''re not in the high court ffs. If you do 't like the phrasing of a post petrhaps you should take it up with your leaving cert English teacher or your shrink.
    For your sake I hope it's the former that can be of most assistance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

More bolloxology. We''re not in the high court ffs. If you do 't like the phrasing of a post petrhaps you should take it up with your leaving cert English teacher or your shrink.
    For your sake I hope it's the former that can be of most assistance.

Forget it, you're just getting ridiculous now.

Phew.

With Lallana out for the the next six weeks I hope to see more of Marković, Suso and Ibe.

I think if Suso gets a chance he might just break into a first team regular.I think he knows this is it as far as chances go, and he looks up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Chambers off to Arsenal for 16 million apparently. He would have solved a few problems for us at right back.
    With him gone though, this is how Southampton will probably line up for the game at Anfield:
    Forster
    Fonte
    Ramirez
    Pelle

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Forget it, you're just getting ridiculous now.

I'm all for a decent discussion if you wish to avail of the option that I presented to you earlier but if you feel that you've bitten off more than you can chew then I bid you good night.
    You don't seem to be shy about your thoughts on this forum but you''ve largely gotten away with borderline trolling. I'm here all night , fire away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Lick ass

Lick arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Rodgers dropped the win a trophy next season objective line at a presser a while ago. Good stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mod Post: Will I Amnt and GotThe Tshirt.

Take it to PM if you want to bicker, but it stops in this thread now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

klose wrote: »
    Rodgers dropped the win a trophy next season objective line at a presser a while ago. Good stuff

That mean he's dropping the title ambition?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Hate silly season, spent as much time reading that Reus is not coming today as I have read that he is. Cant be that hard for them to get their stories straight.

Vicxas wrote: »
    That mean he's dropping the title ambition?

Or he is managing expectation? Is the PL not a trophy? I would rather he say that then do a Wenger and say, we are going for fourth.

Or he is managing expectation? Is the PL not a trophy? I would rather he say that then do a Wenger and say, we are going for fourth.

While I appreciate the managing expectations. I'm not sure what way to take the upcoming season with Suarez gone.

Guess we're all along for the ride :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Borini flying back for treatment on his shoulder as per his Twitter account. Hmmmm, virtually everyone concerned said it was nothing serious the other day, Rodgers said he'd be right "in a few days" if I remember correctly.

A bloke on the Sunderland forum reckons his mate works at Newcastle airport where the club have a corporate account who have sorted tickets for his impending arrival/flight (I thought it would be bollocks but his story re: the corporate account does check out). He reckons he's flying JFK-CDG-NCL. Air France do indeed fly this route via Boston, where Borini was holed up in a hotel today as per his tweeting.

It'll probably turn out to be nothing but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's flying back to discuss the move and not just treatment. Poyet said he hoped to have 3 in by the start of next week, van Aanholt will be one, Rodriguez another and perhaps Borini the third. It won't be done by the start of next week but proper talks would be progress at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Paully D wrote: »
    Borini flying back for treatment on his shoulder as per his Twitter account. Hmmmm, virtually everyone concerned said it was nothing serious the other day, Rodgers said he'd be right "in a few days" if I remember correctly.

A bloke on the Sunderland forum reckons his mate works at Newcastle airport where the club have a corporate account who have sorted tickets for his impending arrival/flight (I thought it would be bollocks but his story re: the corporate account does check out). He reckons he's flying JFK-CDG-NCL. Air France do indeed fly this route via Boston, where Borini was holed up in a hotel today as per his tweeting.

It'll probably turn out to be nothing but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's flying back to discuss the move and not just treatment. Poyet said he hoped to have 3 in by the start of next week, van Aanholt will be one, Rodriguez another and perhaps Borini the third. It won't be done by the start of next week but proper talks would be progress at least.

I'd say you're right, it's a bit of both. Treatment and signing. Maybe both done by Sunderland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

A guy on a forum I post on knows a guy who posts on another forum whose brothers mate is the head of corporate over at Newcastle Geordie International HQ.
    Apparently Borini is enroute and Jimmy Nailed on to sign for Sunderland esrly next week.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Borini to Newcastle. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

A guy on a forum I post on knows a guy who posts on another forum whose brothers mate is the head of corporate over at Newcastle Geordie International HQ.
    Apparently Borini is enroute and Jimmy Nailed on to sign for Sunderland esrly next week.

Go home chewy. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

anyone know if the game tonight is sold out? and how much tickets may be?

due to a flight change i'm now gonna be in Chicago about midday, hoping i can make it to the hotel, check in and make it back to soldier field for 5!

anyone know if the game tonight is sold out? and how much tickets may be?

due to a flight change i'm now gonna be in Chicago about midday, hoping i can make it to the hotel, check in and make it back to soldier field for 5!

Think you're on the wrong side of the pond for those questions :)

Edit: quick Google shows they're sold out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Think you're on the wrong side of the pond for those questions :)

Edit: quick Google shows they're sold out.

cheers, couldnt find that anywhere, may pop out anyway see what the touts have :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭sh__93

cheers, couldnt find that anywhere, may pop out anywhere see what the touts have :(

I'm sure there would be plenty of touts about.
    Try Craigslist. It might save you a few bob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

cheers, couldnt find that anywhere, may pop out anyway see what the touts have :(

Stubhub have tickets starting at $47

• Advertisement

***rumour alert****

The hold up with Remy seems not to be down to paperwork, but something that showed up in his medical about his knee.

Agueroooo wrote: »
    ***rumour alert****

The hold up with Remy seems not to be down to paperwork, but something that showed up in his medical about his knee.

Remknee

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Kristian Walsh ‏
    Brendan Rodgers has been walking the entire perimeter of one of the Soldier Field stands signing every single shirt.

Btga-PeIcAEntfX.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

James Pearce said Remy passed his medical so I would trust him before the twitter ITK. Although the twitter ITK is pretty reliable imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

If you can get a ticket its a lovely stadium without having to trek out from downtown.
    Some of the top deck seats are very high and steep though so not sure how the view would be from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Caughtoffside reported deal done with Bayern and personal terms agreed with Shaqiri for £17.2m.

I'd hold up on getting the name in the back of the shirt just yet mind you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Caughtoffside reported deal done with Bayern and personal terms agreed with Shaqiri for £17.2m.

I dunno, they are usually on the money :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Just an FYI lads but sportsdirect have 20% off for today only and with free delivery you can get the new jersey for €43

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057256954

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I can't see Shaqiri signing - would love it though.

Sturridge
    Lambert

Markovic
    Sterling
    Shaqiri
    Lallana
    Coutiniho
    Remy
    Ibe
    Suso

Henderson
    Gerrard
    Allen
    Can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just an FYI lads but sportsdirect have 20% off for today only and with free delivery you can get the new jersey for €43

Cheers! Just after ordering the jersey, won't see a better deal than that until the inevitable price cut next March. Free delivery too was a huge bonus! :D

martyos121 wrote: »
    Cheers! Just after ordering the jersey, won't see a better deal than that until the inevitable price cut next March. Free delivery too was a huge bonus! :D

Just bought the third top meself. Saw a FKW in the bullring last week in the new yellow kit. Well funny, socks all the way up to his knee as well.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Hidalgo wrote: »

It should be called 'caughtmakingstuffup' rather than caughtoffside'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I see Stevie has said he believes that LFC are genuine title contenders this season . Good man Stevie that's what all the fans want to hear .

Van gaal annoyed at the utd team already.

I'm not sure that theyll be a top 4 threat this year tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

From caughtoffside again ;)

It's a quiet day!

Barcelona to rock Liverpool with £11.8m Defender bid for Daniel Agger :eek:

Shock Horror at that :p

Get them up to £15m and I'd take that to be honest if there is even a hint at the truth in it.

Also Agger is supposed to have flown home this morning no somke without fire and all that :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I see Stevie has said he believes that LFC are genuine title contenders this season . Good man Stevie that's what all the fans want to hear .

Not much else he can say really. The alternative is to say that he isn't sure if we'll challenge after coming so close last year, which isn't great.

We could do pretty well again this season, but expectations have definitely been raised by last season, and that coupled with the amount of money being spent this summer will increase the pressure if Liverpool don't start off strongly. Personally I'd take top 4 and a good run in at least one of the cups for this season if I was offered it now. I hope I'm being unnecessarily pessimistic, but I can't see us repeating last season's league performance, even aside from the Suarez absence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

You're gonna be in for a surprise I think.

Seriously disagree, he's a top manager. They'll be threatening top 4. It's actually set up to be an incredibly competitive season, I cannot wait!

I'm all for surprises ;)

Cheers! I went for the XL youths jersey as it's about the same size as an Adult's XS, it's a good tip if your chest size is very small as the youth sizes are cheaper.

36euro for the new jersey! Can't beat that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I'd be surprised if they didn't immediately bounce back with a top 4 challenge, the pressure will be immense to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

There's 6 strong teams in the league next season. Spurs might surprise a lot of people. They finally have a proper manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fabrizio RomanoVerified account
    @FabrizioRomano
    #LFC Divock Origi: done, with loan to Lille on next season. Dejan Lovren and Loic Remy: arriving soon. Borini: refused #SAFC again.

Waiting for some leaning pictures untill then I don't/won't believe anything!

BtfJCfkIIAAHrSh.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Tony Barrett just tweeted "Loic Remy's move to Liverpool is off. It is understood the forward failed a medical. No comment from the club however."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement