Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Plan C then (just as well he was only back up eh?) Reus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Tony Barrett just tweeted "Loic Remy's move to Liverpool is off. It is understood the forward failed a medical. No comment from the club however."

****e. Its the real Tony Barrett too :(

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Well that sucks, probably would have been a great value deal too. Wonder who we will move onto next.

Nothing gets past Zaff...Nothing!!

He once found a piece of Lego missing 7yrs in a players anal cavity by just looking into his eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

klose wrote: »
    Well that sucks, probably would have been a great value deal too. Wonder who we will move onto next.

Not if he failed a medical never good value then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

There's 6 strong teams in the league next season. Spurs might surprise a lot of people. They finally have a proper manager.

Would add Everton to the list of strong teams. They may not have the squad depth to match the other six, but a bit of luck with injuries and maybe a clever loan or two in should see them competing for one of the european places.

Liverpool
    Everton
    Man City
    Man U
    Arsenal
    Chelsea
    Spurs

With any luck it will be an even more open season than last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Was looking forward to getting remy :)

All those Medicaid take it out of a player 😆

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Back to Southampton then it is for lonely Jay :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Did i not see the Echo say he passed a medical on Thursday?, i must have dreamed that.

The money we tried shaving off on this deal now got added on to Bony's tag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Pity about Loic Remy failing his medical. Will have to move fast to target another decent striker.

Falcao lets go get him!

I'd take a punt on Jonathan Soriano if "back up/budget buy" is the role in question - then look for someone like Alexandre Lacazette who was briefly linked.

Sturridge
    Lacazette
    Lambert
    Soriano

Okay it doesn't scream league winners in waiting but that's missing the point, Rodgers is trying to develop a squad for a top 4 place rather than trying to go toe to toe with City/Chelsea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Falcao lets go get him!

yes please or mr jackson martinez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

daithijjj wrote: »
    Did i not see the Echo say he passed a medical on Thursday?, i must have dreamed that.

The money we tried shaving off on this deal now got added on to Bony's tag.

From what I gather he passed a medical but a second opinion was sought for because it might not have been a very clear cut thing that was found .
    When the second opinion said don't sign then the deal was stopped from happening .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

From what I gather he passed a medical but a second opinion was sought for because it might not have been a very clear cut thing that was found .
    When the second opinion said don't sign then the deal was stopped from happening .

Ah, i see, a medical, before a better medical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Seems it was a problem with his heart or knee / both is whats doing the rounds, probably wont ever fully know.

I'm guessing these Shaquiri rumours resurfacing in the past 24hrs just might now have some substance.

From 2010
    Loic Remy transfer saga settled as forward cleared to play for Marseille despite heart defect

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1305728/Loic-Remy-cleared-play-despite-heart-defect-ending-Premier-League-hopes.html

• Advertisement

That's what the medicals are for I guess.

Bullet dodged, move onto next target.

Also for the record wouldn't buy anything from that sports direct crowd. The Sun pimping them alot these days following Ashleys deal with the rag

It seems that was a known aspect/insurance concern of the medical and he was sent to NY and passed, but this one seems to have failed due to his knee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Rémy fails a medical at a club that he wouldn't play against due to a fake injury last season.

You couldn't make it up :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

rarnes1 wrote: »
    That's what the medicals are for I guess.

Bullet dodged, move onto next target.

Also for the record wouldn't buy anything from that sports direct crowd. The Sun pimping them alot these days following Ashleys deal with the rag

What with page 3 and that Ashley deal it will be full of tits now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Some if the twitter itk suggesting we will probably return to options we were previously considering - Bony and Lazacette.

Can anyone fill me in on the latter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Disappointed with that, as per the echo, he would have been a low risk gamble. He seemed to have a varied locker so to speak so for the price in question he would have been a very worthwhile acquisition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Morzadec wrote: »
    Some if the twitter itk suggesting we will probably return to options we were previously considering - Bony and Lazacette.

I may be wrong, but I believe its a type of Pasta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

daithijjj wrote: »
    Ah, i see, a medical, before a better medical.

You could say that but then it's good to see the club had detected a problem and got advice rather sign him for the sake of it .

Morzadec wrote: »

Lacazette is not unlike Remi/Sturridge but is a 18-20m player, very solid for Lyon, he's also linked with Newcastle ironically.

Games 106 Goals 24 Assists 19 which in goal shy Ligue 1 isn't bad.

Oh yeah he's only 23 which obviously improves his scope for improvement and potential value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

More bolloxology. We''re not in the high court ffs. If you do 't like the phrasing of a post petrhaps you should take it up with your leaving cert English teacher or your shrink.
    For your sake I hope it's the former that can be of most assistance.

Wow what a whitty and snappy remark. Kudos to you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Disappointed with that, as per the echo, he would have been a low risk gamble. He seemed to have a varied locker so to speak so for the price in question he would have been a very worthwhile acquisition.

Not if he turned out to be an 80 grand a week sicknote

Ben Smith
    @BenSmithBBC
    Better news ahead for Liverpool fans. Dejan Lovren has completed his £20m move to Anfield. Expect #LFC to confirm on Monday

Into each thread a little sun must be shone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Its disappointing, but what can the Club do. I think we all would have been happy with Remy on board, especially for the fee involved.

Can't think of too many out there that we can get now, unfortunately.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Disappointing about Remy. I hope that doesn't come back to bite us in the behind.

I thought it was known that he had a heart defect. It didn't stop him signing for QPR or Newcastle on loan or Marseille back in France.

For the money we were supposed to be paying for him he was going to be great value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Fúck it anyway, Remy = goals!

I'm gutted, please don't spunk £20m+ on Bony, decent player but a very underwhelming signing imo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Not if he turned out to be an 80 grand a week sicknote

Clearly, club made the right call if there's a problem. It's just unfortunate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

kfallon wrote: »
    Fúck it anyway, Remy = goals!

I'm gutted, please don't spunk £20m+ on Bony, decent player but a very underwhelming signing imo

Massively disappointing Remy won't join.

That said Bony was my preferred option at the outset and I personally would be delighted to sign him.

I wonder does this leave the door open for Borini?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Gutted about Remy. The one deal I was excited about.

If Bony and Rodriguez are our only other options then its very worrying.

We had a genuine chance to kick on from last season and we ended up with a much weaker starting 11.

Knex. wrote: »
    Its disappointing, but what can the Club do. I think we all would have been happy with Remy on board, especially for the fee involved.

Can't think of too many out there that we can get now, unfortunately.

Apart from the aforementioned Alexandre Lacazette, P$G are about to land Di Maria, maybe they'd do a deal for Lavezzi (not a CF I know), what about Luis Muriel? Maybe don't bother with another out and out striker and buy yet another AM or attacking wide man - Firmino, Shaqiri, Gaitan all out there.

Augmerson wrote: »
    Disappointing about Remy. I hope that doesn't come back to bite us in the behind.

I thought it was known that he had a heart defect. It didn't stop him signing for QPR or Newcastle on loan or Marseille back in France.

For the money we were supposed to be paying for him he was going to be great value.

Clearly the club found enough to make then worry, have to go with their judgement as they are playing the bills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Please don't splash out on Bony :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Interesting looking back on assertions from some of the more respected Liverpool-based journalists re: Remy.

@JamesPearceEcho · Jul 25
    Remy deal will be announced in next few days. Passed his medical. Just slight hold up over paperwork. Origi is in Boston for his medical.

@BenSmithBBC · Jul 25
    @Shannxo Remy's move to #LFC is still a matter of complicated paperwork. Origi is in USA with Liverpool having a medical

We had a genuine chance to kick on from last season and we ended up with a much weaker starting 11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Gutted about remy. Would have been one of deals of the summer getting the goals he'd bring for 8m and flipping borini for 14m.

For once we were getting an amazing deal for selling a player, it doesn't happen. Then we were about to get a very reasonable deal for another, and it doesn't happen.

Why couldn't Andy Carroll or Stewart Downing have failed their medicals?

Please do blow 20m on bony now. Someone like remy with pace if what's needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I'm inclined to think that if they were going with Remy, pace is still very much a factor in their thinking.

That's what counts heavily against Bony for me.

I wonder was the recent kick in the Shaqiri rumour related to this?

It seems puzzling that we would've signed both Shaqiri and Remy, given that we've already got so many wingers and pacy AMs.

Gbear wrote: »
    I'm inclined to think that if they were going with Remy, pace is still very much a factor in their thinking.

That's what counts heavily against Bony for me.

I wonder was the recent kick in the Shaqiri rumour related to this?

It seems puzzling that we would've signed both Shaqiri and Remy, given that we've already got so many wingers and pacy AMs.

The great thing about Remy is that he could have played as the lone striker too. Now we are back to Ricky ****ing Lambert if Sturridge gets injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Interesting looking back on assertions from some of the more respected Liverpool-based journalists re: Remy.

@JamesPearceEcho · Jul 25

@BenSmithBBC · Jul 25

If the club were cautious and wanting a second opinion on medical matters then it makes sense that they'd tell the journalists that the hold up is something like paperwork, rather than letting them know there might be medical issues

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

joe123 wrote: »
    The great thing about Remy is that he could have played as the lone striker too. Now we are back to Ricky ****ing Lambert if Sturridge gets injured.

Ricky f*****g Lambert? Who pissed in your corn flakes?

Reports coming in now that Lovren has also failed his medical.

Liverpool staff can't find his head (which arrived 2 weeks previous) to complete the tests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

joe123 wrote: »

Why are you talking in the past tense? There's over a month left in the window, three weeks till the season begins proper.

Ricky f*****g Lambert? Who pissed in your corn flakes?

Not sure if ya heard. Remy failed his medical. And no Rickie Lambert is not good enough to lead the line if Sturridge gets injured.

Feel free to put your rose tinted specs back on though.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement