Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

He looks really happy its great to see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Mickalus wrote: »
    He's with the squad, World cup holiday leave doesn't make sense as they went out same time as England and all the England men are back playing.

No they didn't. Belgium made the QF. England...didn't!

He flew out to meet up with the squad last Friday so will be starting the next game I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

The chap looks genuinely delighted to have signed. Welcome Lovren!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I'm sure I read somewhere that Sakho and Mignolet only began full training with the rest of the squad yesterday.

I'm delighted with the Lovren signing, almost as much as he seems to be himself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

I'm sure I read somewhere that Sakho and Mignolet only began full training with the rest of the squad yesterday.

I'm delighted with the Lovren signing, almost as much as he seems to be himself :)

Yes, I think Lovren will prove to be a quality first team addition.

I'm absolutely Lovren it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

5starpool wrote: »
    mmmm, marzipan. It's one of those love/hate things I think, and I love it.

There's a few different Marzipan bars you can buy in Evergreen health shops that are amazing - come in Dark chocolate , Mint Chocolate & Orange chocolate flavours , they're addictively good!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

ITV Football ‏@itvfootball 8m
    Another player is promoted from Liverpool reserves, as Lovren moves up for £20m: http://www.
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Thats 38 million quid worth of centre backs in lovren and sakho weve brought in. Hopefully it will prove worth it. Id say agger is goneski

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The World Cup players were given 3 weeks hoildays from when there team got home from the World cup. So of course the England players were back before players from other nations.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

This delay in the City game will probably affect coverage of our match, which is all we need at this time of a Sunday night. Fúck sake.

• Advertisement

klose wrote: »
    Thats 38 million quid worth of centre backs in lovren and sakho weve brought in. Hopefully it will prove worth it. Id say agger is goneski

At least we didn't spend £50m on one David Luiz :p

We get to very top CB's for less than Luiz ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Lovren is the most exciting signing so far.

Delighted

He looks so happy :D

BtlGLnVIIAAsGCK.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

He looks so happy :D

BtlGLnVIIAAsGCK.jpg

I think he was drawing a cock and balls on his contract there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I'm not sure if it's been said yet. But he does look absolutely delighted to have signed.

Great player. Who plays beside him because as far as I'm concerned he's number 1.

Southampton tea lady is next on the shopping list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

This delay in the City game will probably affect coverage of our match, which is all we need at this time of a Sunday night. Fúck sake.

How long is the delay? What's going on?

First Interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I wonder if we swooped for Lovren in January would we be champions now. Sorry just couldn't help myself

kfallon wrote: »
    How long is the delay? What's going on?

Half time lasted 45 mins due to a delay for thunderstorm activity. I'm not sure what the knock on is going to be though for us. If it's still 4-1 or so by 11 they may switch over perhaps? Not really watching the city game though so don't know if it was mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Slattsy wrote: »
    Great player. Who plays beside him because as far as I'm concerned he's number 1.

Surely has to be Sakho

• Advertisement

ALEXANDRE LACAZETT that's what happened :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Benimar wrote: »

He flew out to meet up with the squad last Friday so will be starting the next game I'd say.

I think he was talking about reina

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Agueroooo wrote: »

Beh!?

Agueroooo wrote: »

Seen that name mentioned a few times today in particular. What is the source of your random post now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

Benimar wrote: »

I think he was talking about reina

Yes, my reply was to a post about Reina.

Mignolet, Lovren and Sakho to replace Jones Skrtel and Toure from tonights team and that wouldn't be far off the starting 11 at Southampton I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Half time lasted 45 mins due to a delay for thunderstorm activity. I'm not sure what the knock on is going to be though for us. If it's still 4-1 or so by 11 they may switch over perhaps? Not really watching the city game though so don't know if it was mentioned.

Isn't the Liverpool game kicking off at 12? It's not in the same stadium, is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

I think its only fair, with the night thats in it, that i get to gloat one final time about that post i wrote over 3 years ago.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72737750&postcount=56717

Giz a job Bren............

Mignolet, Lovren and Sakho to replace Jones Skrtel and Toure from tonights team and that wouldn't be far off the starting 11 at Southampton I'd say.

coutinho for can

• Advertisement

Its a home game v the saints afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Just on the Remy situation, didn't something similar happen with Demba Ba a few years back?

rarnes1 wrote: »

to be fair an away game will probably feel more like a home game for our players the way the summer transfers are going.

daithijjj wrote: »
    I think its only fair, with the night thats in it, that i get to gloat one final time about that post i wrote over 3 years ago.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72737750&postcount=56717

Giz a job Bren............

That's mad, imagine if you'd money on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Fescue wrote: »
    Putting my conspiracy tin foil hat on, does Borini's reluctance to join Sunderland have anything to do with it?

So you reckon LFC would suggest Remy is a wreck just as a way of backing out of deal? and that its all down to Borini acting the bollix?

C'mon now!
    marno21 wrote: »
    Confirmed #LFC team v @olympiacos_org: Jones, Johnson, Skrtel, Toure, Enrique, Gerrard, Henderson, Can, Sterling, Markovic, Sturridge

Confirmed #LFC subs v @olympiacos_org: Ward, Coutinho, Coates, Lucas, Allen, Ibe, Kelly, Coady, Robinson, Lambert, Peterson #lfctour

Makes that Jaimie Kanker over at Livepool Kop look like a right berk
    I think one of the new posters should try their hand at a match thread!

Since I've arrived a deal has collapsed I'm not risking a match result as well! :pac:

Probably just as well we mightn't have gotten out of Southampton alive :P

• Advertisement

Just on the Remy situation, didn't something similar happen with Demba Ba a few years back?

Bas knees are apparently dodgy but afaik hes been largely injury free the past while, rumour is remy has a heart problem and has "failed" 4 medicals to date. I imagine it was an insurance thing perhaps, maybe the club is wary after the doni incident.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Isn't the Liverpool game kicking off at 12? It's not in the same stadium, is it?

Kick off at 11 for Liverpool game and it's in Chicago this Man City game is in Pittsburgh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

How are Serbian-Croatian relations these days? Will Rogers be making Markovic and Lovren roomies??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

We're gonna buy Jay Rodriguez just for shits and giggles aren't we

Nope, 11pm our time. Different city to the other game tonight, never mind stadium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

That's mad, imagine if you'd money on it!

I was totally content and feeling smug until you wrote that.

Yup, failed a Stoke medical because of his knees before going to West Ham. Sometimes taking the risk works out, but for every Ba there's a Woodgate, Kewell, Hargreaves, Aurelio etc

Ah crap, the game is delayed on sky sports because of the city game is delayed so ill miss the first 15-20 minutes by the looks.

klose wrote: »
    Ah crap, the game is delayed on sky sports because of the city game is delayed so ill miss the first 15-20 minutes by the looks.

Or sky may show the game as live right after the City game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

We're gonna boy Jay Rodriguez just for shits and giggles aren't we

Rodriguez in training tomorrow.

tumblr_ltqip9g9Jh1qbycn1o1_250.gif

Or sky may show the game as live right after the City game

Liverpool kick off in 2 mins, still 20 mins left in City match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I bet the lads in Southampton used to always pick Liverpool when playing FIFA.

I have an admirer via PM .

X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'm worried we have lost the third best player in world football and 3 weeks till the start of the season we havnt replaced him.
    I despair if we sign bony he just does not suit our team.
    Gutted about remy, for the fee and his record it would have been a genius signing.
    Delighted with lovren hopefully he can get that back 4 organised.

Liverpool kick off in 2 mins, still 20 mins left in City match.

Yea sky may show Liverpool game from the start instead of jumping right into it, just have to wait and see

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement