Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Dickerty wrote: »
    On the pitch? Nowhere near as bad.

Off the pitch, Luis seems almost a model citizen...

Diego was nuts on the pitch. There just wasn't the blanket coverage there is now. Read any decent (I.e. Unbiased) biography about him and it'll reveal all. He'd zero qualms about tackling a knee cammy style!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Man City may have entered the race for Sanchez according to The Daily Star.

if true, good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I'm gutted, disgusted and one could even say devastated by what I've seen on this thread in the last 24 hours.
    It's a massive disappointment to me as a Liverpool fan.

I didn't make it into the top poster list! I was going so well and was carrying on the momentum from the second half of the thread previous to the last thread. Had a so so start but I really hit form around Christmas and looked likely to be in the top posters thread in th closing moments of the season.
    But then the season ended and I capitulated and dropped out of the top poster thread.
    But I would like to think that, like the turd, I contributed in the match threads hugely which may make up for this failure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Augmerson wrote: »
    Now...are we signing Sanchez as a compliment or a replacement to a certain player?

Replacement, I'm assuming. I thought that before this kicked off I should say.

NEW-Varane-Sakho-Moreno ;)
    Gerrard
    Hendo-Lallana
    Sterling
    ---Sanchez--Sturridge

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

I don't know how good SkyBet are for there odds but they now have us at 1/1 to sign Sanchez.

There is no money in those markets so the odds can change at the drop of a hat. not really an accurate barometer

Sanchez would be a decent addition but only if Suarez remains at Liverpool.

With rumours that Falcao is going to Real Madrid then it would suggest that Barca are his only possible destination really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Agueroooo wrote: »

if true, good luck.

If we are going in for Sanchez to replace Suarez then I'd imagine John Henry will go all in because we really need a quality replacement. We might beat City to him in such a case. City don't need him anyway ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I'm gutted, disgusted and one could even say devastated by what I've seen on this thread in the last 24 hours.
    It's a massive disappointment to me as a Liverpool fan.

I didn't make it into the top poster list! I was going so well and was carrying on the momentum from the second half of the thread previous to the last thread. Had a so so start but I really hit form around Christmas and looked likely to be in the top posters thread in th closing moments of the season.
    But then the season ended and I capitulated and dropped out of the top poster thread.
    But I would like to think that, like the turd, I contributed in the match threads hugely which may make up for this failure.

You put the sap in the saps that's in Match Thread Saps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Diego was nuts on the pitch. There just wasn't the blanket coverage there is now. Read any decent (I.e. Unbiased) biography about him and it'll reveal all. He'd zero qualms about tackling a knee cammy style!

Ah, any fool can kick a player, but BITING... :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

if true, good luck.

what are you talking about? sure nobody will want Suarez now you see, because he'll destroy the reputation of the club.

come on lad, think about it. he's done. he's a broken docket. no team will want him now. Liverpool should get rid, giving our world class player to whoever is stupid enough to want the "burden" of him at their club.

poor Manchester City, Barca, Madrid, PSG or whoever manages to get him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Sanchez? What did he do?!

SlickRic wrote: »
    what are you talking about? sure nobody will want Suarez now you see, because he'll destroy the reputation of the club.

come on lad, think about it. he's done. he's a broken docket. no team will want him now. Liverpool should get rid, giving our world class player to whoever is stupid enough to want the "burden" of him at their club.

poor Manchester City, Barca, Madrid, PSG or whoever manages to get him.

'Sanchez' Slick...Sanchez.

If you delete, so will I ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Put me in the 'I don't think Sanchez is all that' camp....

That lad James Rodriguez from Colombia though.... wow. Real Madrid here he goes no doubt.

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Put me in the 'I don't think Sanchez is all that' camp....

That lad James Rodriguez from Colombia though.... wow. Real Madrid here he goes no doubt.

Monaco spent €45mil on him a year ago.

whoops!

ah screw it, the point stands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

You'd get worse nibbles on the neck from the missus, but they day she stamps on my nuts / knee / leg or karate kicks me in the chest wearing football boots is the day I pack her bags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Turtyturd wrote: »
    You put the sap in the saps that's in Match Thread Saps.

Ah you're gettin all sappy now.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

if true, good luck.

I'll be honest, I stopped reading at Daily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think FIFA are looking for away out of making a big decision.
    Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes 1m
    Re #Suarez, Fifa say they don't yet have "all the elements" to make a decision and "cannot anticipate what could and could not happen."
    Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes 4m
    Fifa confirm Luis Suarez bite case will be discussed by their disciplinary committee after 5pm today (9pm UK). Video evidence will be used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Luis Suarez is an innocent man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Thommo doesn't usually speculate to such a degree over potential signings, does he? Apparently said on radio that Sanchez to Liverpool is near done or done.

I would be inclined to say there's an 80% chance of it happening . I can't see thommo making up rumours . I would personally help him move . Sanchez is a great signing if it happens .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Thud

SlickRic wrote: »

but we can't have him being banned for long stretches, that's the issue. not image, not anything else at all. is he going to miss football matches? that's all i care about, and all any reasonable Liverpool supporter should care about.

He missed 10 games last year and still scored 30 plus he's rarely injured so wouldn't go getting rid of him for picking up the odd suspension

I expect it to be pandamoanium in here if he doesn't get a ban...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Imagine if FIFA banned him for one game and he was back for the Quarter Final :pac:

Oh please God let it happen :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

If we are going in for Sanchez to replace Suarez then I'd imagine John Henry will go all in because we really need a quality replacement. We might beat City to him in such a case. City don't need him anyway ffs.

Apparently Atletico in for Negredo so City may want him as a replacement for him. Though Atletico only have bid ST£12m cant see them getting him for that but it could all be part of the merrygoround

I expect it to be pandamoanium in here if he doesn't get a ban...

RIP to 5 "football" fans who will spontaneously combust.

Listen
    FIFA can confirm that disciplinary proceedings have been opened against the player Luis Suarez of Uruguay following an apparent breach of art. 48 and/or art. 57 of the FIFA Disciplinary Code during the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ match Italy-Uruguay played on 24 June 2014. The player and/or the Uruguayan FA are invited to provide with their position and any documentary evidence they deem relevant until 25 June 2014, 5pm, Brasilia time.
    According to art. 77 lit. a of the FIFA Disciplinary Code (FDC), the FIFA Disciplinary Committee is responsible for sanctioning serious infringements which have escaped the match officials’ attention. Furthermore, according to art. 96 of the FDC, any type of proof may be produced (par. 1), in particular are admissible, reports from referees, declarations from the parties and witnesses, material evidence, audio or video recordings (par. 3).

Apparently Atletico in for Negredo so City may want him as a replacement for him. Though Atletico only have bid ST£12m cant see them getting him for that but it could all be part of the merrygoround

Just when I thought you couldn't get any more humorous.

Just when I thought you couldn't get any more humorous.

I guess that makes sense to you

kfallon wrote: »
    Imagine if FIFA banned him for one game and he was back for the Quarter Final :pac:

Oh please God let it happen :P

i said to a mate last night that I reckon it'll be a one game ban.

FIFA might not make the big call here.

FIFA is all about the monaaaayyy, and Suarez, whether you think he's deplorable or not, is box office. FIFA may well find a way to keep him in the tournament.

I guess that makes sense to you

TSHO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

If Suarez gets a one game ban, the sheer potential for lols in this place...

h6PXrBa.gif

I do think it should be at least 5, however.

TSHO

Still don't follow why it is humorous why Atletico are making a bid for Negredo I would say you had to be there but I was. Less sure what TSHO has to do with it we have not been linked with Sanchez other than some spurious guff about loadsamoney & Sanchez for Haz which I really can't see happening.

Still I am sure in some realm or dimension it makes sense or is perhaps funny - just not this one.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

When you read something like 'FIFA has opened investigations....', it really means that FIFA are waiting on brown envelopes, whichever is heftiest will sway decision.
    If Uruguay stump up enough, Suarez could be the poster-boy of the next World Cup.

Luis was just a hulk hogan fan as a kid. Real heroes bite and rake the back.

Raheem Sterling
    @sterling31
    That's called #fraud will not get away with it

Clearly talking about Glen Johnson.

I reckon Luis was more a Ric Flair fan, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Clearly talking about Glen Johnson.

What's that about?

More like George:pac:

6637116_orig.jpg

are FIFA usually quick with disciplinary matters, or are they a pack of procrastinating melts like the other lot?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

are FIFA usually quick with disciplinary matters, or are they a pack of procrastinating melts like the other lot?

Not usually quick, but expect it to be different this time. The World Cup is their flagship event, and they've been in overdrive promoting the fair play aspect this time around. The whole tournament is now overshadowed by the Suarez incident. I'd say they'll crucify him soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

You'd imagine it will have to be done before Saturday when Uruguay play again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Not usually quick, but expect it to be different this time. The World Cup is their flagship event, and they've been in overdrive promoting the fair play aspect this time around. The whole tournament is now overshadowed by the Suarez incident. I'd say they'll crucify him soon.

I'd say Blatter is slightly pleased this happened though because it takes away from all the protests, match-fixing and Qatar aswell. Now he can make Suarez the scapegoat for everything.

I'd say Blatter is slightly pleased this happened though because it takes away from all the protests, match-fixing and Qatar aswell. Now he can make Suarez the scapegoat for everything.

Well, that would be Blatter alright. He probably paid Suarez to do it! :pac:

Honestly, I think he'll get a year ban from internationals. As a United fan, I'd love to see the back of him for a long time, but they couldn't give him a club ban. That would essentially be a punishment for Liverpool. Am I right?
    Can't see that happening. It'll be internationals only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Well, that would be Blatter alright. He probably paid Suarez to do it! :pac:

Honestly, I think he'll get a year ban from internationals. As a United fan, I'd love to see the back of him for a long time, but they couldn't give him a club ban. That would essentially be a punishment for Liverpool. Am I right?
    Can't see that happening. It'll be internationals only.

Hopefully anyway, I feel sorry for Rodgers and everyone who stood by him the last time, if he gets banned from club football, it'll undoubtedly hurt us badly. I hope he gets the treatment he needs, and he'll come back a better player, he's only ruining his career the way he's going and it's a great shame.

Hopefully anyway, I feel sorry for Rodgers and everyone who stood by him the last time, if he gets banned from club football, it'll undoubtedly hurt us badly. I hope he gets the treatment he needs, and he'll come back a better player, he's only ruining his career the way he's going and it's a great shame.

True. Rodgers certainly doesn't need this. I thought that it was unfair that Dalglish had to put his neck on the block for Suarez a few years ago with Evra incident. Rodgers is a young manager though, and he shouldn't have to do the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

I dont think we'll hear much from Liverpool or Rogers until FIFA make their move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

They can ban him for club games. It's FIFA they can do what they want. What would annoy Liverpool fans is he wasn't banned from internationals, I think, when he got banned (the last time) at club level.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

gimli2112 wrote: »
    They can ban him for club games. It's FIFA they can do what they want. What would annoy Liverpool fans is he wasn't banned from internationals, I think, when he got banned (the last time) at club level.

There's no precedent for banning a player over something like this from international and domestic football.

They won't ban him from club games.

I can see FIFA giving him give him just a ban equal to a red card for violent conduct which is probably just two games maybe three.

There's no precedent for banning a player over something like this from international and domestic football.

They won't ban him from club games.

Not quite the same (but then what is) but none the less lifetime ban for a stupid action in an international. Obviously seems premeditated but FIFA effectively ended his career.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roberto_Rojas

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement