Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Here's a glimpse into why Suarez could be sold at a decent price, we tend to forget just how much Barca and Real fear each other and what each will do to get one over on the other.

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/546-Luis-Suarez/page333
    I understand people not wanting him because of this incident.. If the rumours are true that we do want him, do we just let Real buy him? Do we risk Real winning everything for the next few years? Ronaldo/Suarez/Bale scares me I'm not sure about anyone else? He's obviously a 3rd time offender so this situation is worse but if you look at Zidane/Cantona etc everyone forgives them eventually. Also I know a bite is worse and he hasn't learned anything from previous times.. but he was 15 minutes away from his country being knocked out of the World Cup and Chiellini was getting the better of him. It's his will to win what makes him bite but it comes out as aggression like it does in some people. Anyway all I'm saying is do we buy him or do we let Real buy him for him to cause havoc to us and every other defence in Europe. I'd like him on our side if any.. or stay at Liverpool.. but if we don't go for him Real will that's for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Absofrigginlutely, I'd say it could be traced to some clown on boards who started that shyte.

Ahh lads.

Leave OwaynOTT alone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,547 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

BMJD wrote: »
    sorry :o

Sorry, by RTE I meant...not you!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Whataboutery- uggh! what a cringey word

It comes up on Northern Ireland and Middle Eastern threads, and its justifiably used. The inability to debate what your side did without pointing to them. With football bans you have to compare with similar crimes against humanity, like Hitler and Stalin. Yep, I went there!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I reckon there will be more fallout before he comes back from suspension, as his autobiography is due out on September 25th remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I never heard about that but did hear that he has claws as big as cups and
    he has four ears, two for listening and two "are sort of back-up ears." He has a retractable leg so he can leap up at you better.
    He has magnets on his tail, so "if you're made out of metal, he can attach himself to you."
    He lights up at night and has a tremendous fear of stamps.
    His yawn sounds like Liam Neeson chasing a load of hens around inside a barrel.
    He only has eyebrows on Saturdays and lives "on the place where there should be moors."
    He makes a "terrible howling noise" and has got big white teeth, as sharp as knives(that's a given)

Ah here, this plagiarism is gone to far Ted! First poor auld Jamie and now this. I expected more from you Hangy.
    5live wrote: »
    Ahh lads.

Leave OwaynOTT alone

Who's calling me a sap now? Where's my protection, where's my back-up? It's all friggin' gone Cadillacs and dinosaurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭JB81

I for one am delighted. Delighted that i don't think he will now be sold. Give him his annual few months of. Sturridge and Lambert and sanchez can handle it. He will come back hungrier than ever, chomping at the bit and lead Liverpool to the title. Ynwa.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Ah here, this plagiarism is gone to far Ted! First poor auld Jamie and now this. I expected more from you Hangy.

Have you even read my previous posts? I don't have an original bone in my body. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

It was only a matter of time.

http://howlongsincesuarezbitsomeone.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Have you even read my previous posts? I don't have an original bone in my body. :cool:

I have read your previous and the main body of my post is how you don't have an original bone.

I was trying to achieve something there but Im not sure what it was. I've not been sleeping, a recent event in a football match has horrified me and I'm frazzled and combobulated. Every time I close my eyes I see the savagery.

See, I said combobulated instead of discombobulated. It's disconcerting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Jaysus, the last few pages on that other thread was like an episode of Game Of Thrones, we lost a few heroes and villains within minutes of each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

And the fruits of incest are free to walk the realm?

Grayditch wrote: »
    Jaysus, the last few pages on that other thread was like an episode of Game Of Thrones, we lost a few heroes and villains within minutes of each other.

Funniest thing is, nobody actually gives a fuck about the incident in itself. Attitude is almost, Chellini who? Its all point scoring, agendas and bias.

From both sides of the fence, myself included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

You've lost my respect Knex.

2V2V91F.png

*tut* Like nothing even happened...

I know it was mentioned on this thread earlier, but having taken a glance at the other one, I've seen "whataboutery" enough times to need some form of linguistic focused counselling.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    You've lost my respect Knex.

How the hell did I ever have it? I've seen my posts :pac:

Plus, we're the worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Was listening to a Uruguayan journo earlier he blames the English media for all this saying how much he detested them and all Uruguayans feel the same
    Going by this feeling I would imagine luis was well on his way out of England already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Looks like lambert signing could be a lot more important than we envisaged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Whataboutery- uggh! what a cringey word

I don't mind using it when it's applicable.

Whataboutery is bringing up points of comparison that aren't relevant, not just bringing up any points of comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Gbear wrote: »

Whataboutery is bringing up points of comparison that aren't relevant, not just bringing up any points of comparison.

Its not even the meaning i'm on about - its the sound and make up of the word itself, just one of those things. on the other hand, sneachta is a great sounding word :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

2V2V91F.png

*tut* Like nothing even happened...

Changing his pic to Uruguay fans? Pretty clear he's his way so.

Reminds me of Morientes having the Spain shirt on the FIFA 2005 cover ahead of his move to Anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

A second great article on TAW about the whole cluster****:
    http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2014/06/why-should-liverpool-sell-luis-suarez/
    Looking past the ban, though, I don’t care about rival fans kicking up a fuss about Suarez. If anything I’d be disappointed if they didn’t. He’s one of the best players in the world and he doesn’t play for them. I’m only surprised they haven’t broken into his locker and sprinkled cocaine all over his shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭goodolegill

i personally think that this will harden Suarez's resolve to get out.

The early comments had already suggested that this was a vendetta by the english media.
    Too many people whispering in his ear absolving him of his crimes will make him look for others to blame.
    What better place to start but the nasty british press. He will use that as an excuse to move

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

i personally think that this will harden Suarez's resolve to get out.

The early comments had already suggested that this was a vendetta by the english media.
    Too many people whispering in his ear absolving him of his crimes will make him look for others to blame.
    What better place to start but the nasty british press. He will use that as an excuse to move

The worst thing now would be to sell him at a discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

When you see the reaction of the Uruguayan media and FA in protesting his innocence and claiming conspiracy you can understand why Suarez feels hard done by
    The player isn't the only one deluded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I thought it was just me.

Fu*king hell.

I blame your man Wibbs, he's the first one I saw using it on boards. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Gbear wrote: »

It's not so much the word itself but the volume of it's use. It seems like the first line of defence for those too lazy to make a proper reply. As I said in the other thread, it's the new "strawman".

Again, nothing wrong with the word as it can be apt in certain arguments, just the lazy abuse of it that irks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

5live wrote: »
    As Fescue said, what happens when he comes back and is targeted by defenders, and he will be, looking for the 'fame' of taking Suarez out?

This last season, he was targeted by heavy tackles in nearly every game but didn't retaliate except by scoring goals.

I am starting to think with the length of the ban and stopping him even training with the club it may not be worth the risk any more.

I love the guy but the odds have dramatically shifted against him staying trouble free in even the short term not to mind the medium term.

So last year defenders tried to take him out and only succeeded in being embarrassed by him. Why on earth do you think that will suddenly work this time? Defenders only focused on "breaking him up" are obviously not focused and easy to score against, not to mention liable to concede lots of free kicks in dangerous areas or get sent off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

The Rodge is a man of vision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Redtube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Sorry that was meant for Google

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

skywalker wrote: »

Rumours are the Uruguayan FA are appealing the ban, and are taking it to special arbitration.

Jaysus, Hefferboi. You don't wait much time in the morning.

Do Uruguayans believe that Suarez is somehow innocent in all of this? Because whatever about the ban being harsh, innocent he most certainly is not.

'Luis we are with you', seems a little much for a someone who lost his temper and flipped out in the more bizarre manner yet again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Lambert is a good back up signing.

Not good enough to fill Suarez boots though.

Need Sanchez or Shaqiri to be stepping in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

It's seems that Uruguayan fans are the second worst fans in the world.

After Liverpool fans of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

Oh no, not more t-shirts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

First of all he scores two goals against England to engineer a move away from Liverpool!

Then he bites Chiellini in a further effort to get a move!

What's next, he scores 50 goals in the league next season??

The depths that Suarez will go to in an effort to get away from Liverpool are disgraceful!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

Hidalgo wrote: »
    When you see the reaction of the Uruguayan media and FA in protesting his innocence and claiming conspiracy you can understand why Suarez feels hard done by
    The player isn't the only one deluded.

No one here is going to disagree with you that the actions of Suarez have no place on the field of play and to do it for the 3rd time shows a mental deficency that exists with the player and also calls for increased punishment.

I do have some confusion as to the disciplinary process that exists within football however.

Jaysus, Uruguayans are even worse than Liverpool fans, if that's at all possible.

Being both myself, I can only imagine how bad I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

slingerz wrote: »
    No one here is going to disagree with you that the actions of Suarez have no place on the field of play and to do it for the 3rd time shows a mental deficency that exists with the player and also calls for increased punishment.

I do have some confusion as to the disciplinary process that exists within football however.

Let me clear it up for you. It's run by FIFA and anything can happen. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,547 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

888 Poker have terminated all connections with Luis Suarez with immediate effect.

The fallout from ban has begun.

I thought companies didn't care about these sort of things?

Link

Makes sense I guess. He's a footballer who doesn't play football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Your actually the worst fan of anything in the world.... :P

Evidently, in Uruguay, nobody thinks of the Children.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

Jaysus, Uruguayans are even worse than Liverpool fans, if that's at all possible.

:rolleyes:....:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

murpho999 wrote: »
    888 Poker have terminated all connections with Luis Suarez with immediate effect.

The fallout from ban has begun.

I thought companies didn't care about these sort of things?

Link

They don't, it's just good publicity for them to do so. Once he's back playing, more will come on board.

It'd be like Liverpool being 'moral' and selling him so that 'immoral' Barcelona can buy him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement