Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

SM01 wrote: »
    Anyone notice Mike65 has closed his account? Shame

WTF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Losing Mike and Suarez the same week? Been a real bad week for the Liverpool thread. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Jaysis....Mike and Suarez gone for the start of the season....that's a double hammer blow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Did he reach 100k posts? He couldn't have been far off it.

I think I read him saying he was going to close his account when he reached 100k posts.

mike65 thanks for some great posts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

That's a real shame.
    Fieldog wrote: »
    He will be missed -

I always liked his contributions to the forum...

Aye, same. I hope he's back in some capacity or another shortly. Hopefully he just wanted a break, or a fresh account, and all is still well with the fella.

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    That's a real shame.

Aye, same. I hope he's back in some capacity or another shortly. Hopefully he just wanted a break, or a fresh account, and all is still well with the fella.

I can't see why he'd want a fresh account... There is one reason he has closed his account.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

mike65's service provider has stopped supporting dial up.

i joke, i joke.

I can't see why he'd want a fresh account... There is one reason he has closed his account.

I could think of a few.

He would go and leave on a bloody odd number though, 90,093.

Feck sake, Mike. You couldn't just give it 7 posts more?!

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Jaysis....Mike and Suarez gone for the start of the season....that's a double hammer blow

The worst fans in the world force Mike65 to close his account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

His last post was this:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91024431&postcount=756

Hardly a fond farewell.

If you are gone Mike, best of luck mate. Another boards great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

From the Irish Independent website - "Biting victim Giorgio Chiellini says Luis Suarez's ban is "excessive""

Cue a justification for the 4 month ban being reduced on appeal to 6 international games and 2 months from all football activity allowing FIFA to be seen both as tough on biting and the causes of biting (sorry!!) whist at the same time minimising the punishment so LFC aren't affected too much. :D

Ben

mike after he closed his account

computer-smash-o.gif

Hope he comes back eventually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Why did Mike closed his Account? It makes no sense.

Mike, if you're Reading this, it's been a Pleasure, and you are surely will be Missed here.
    Think he got a month's ban this morning so maybe closed it as a reaction to that.

This has to be the funniest and best reaction yet:D

Maradona likens Luis Suárez biting ban to being sent to ‘Guantánamo’
    Diego Maradona has criticised the “Fifa mafia” following the decision by the game’s global governing body to impose a four-month ban on Luis Suárez for biting an opponent during the World Cup.

He would know a thing or two about mafias :P

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/27/maradona-luis-suarez-biting-ban-guantanamo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Only the good die young.

An ode to mike65 in picture version

baby-panda-waving.jpg

We haven't felt loss like this since Torres left.

We'll need a Suarez to step up to the plate now.

Damn the Boseman ruling. We've lost a first team player for nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Just realised I got a PM from Mike about an hour ago in relation to the Lallana link. Said it's confirmed by the telegraph.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Big fee for Lallana, he's a good player but its a very underwhelming signing IMO.
    Still hoping we signing Shaqiri and Sanchez, two players who have genuine top level experience, that's what we need not a 26 year old who has played through the lower leagues his whole career.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Just realised I got a PM from Mike about an hour ago in relation to the Lallana link. Said it's confirmed by the telegraph.

Ooh, football friend! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

rob316 wrote: »
    Big fee for Lallana, he's a good player but its a very underwhelming signing IMO.
    Still hoping we signing Shaqiri and Sanchez, two players who have genuine top level experience, that's what we need not a 26 year old who has played through the lower leagues his whole career.

Can't see us signing all three. If we get one of Shaqiri or Sanchez then we'll have done OK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Came in to post the same thing. We would have tangled a lot on here over the years, but the man managed 90k posts of which a substantial ratio were actual posts worth reading. Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

I'm pretty happy with Lallana tbh. I think the difference between him and Sanchez/Shaqiri on the pitch for Liverpool would be pretty negilible.

The difference is Sanchez/Shaqiri are exotic signings that are currently flavour of the month with the World Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Well I made my feelings clear about Lallana before, I think it's an excessive fee. He should be a decent player for us, but I can't see him having a huge impact.

The fact we're supposedly in for Sanchez appeases me a lot though, as I thought that the Lallana move might be indicative of an unambitious transfer policy that doesn't take advantage of our CL status.

Getting Sanchez would prove otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Thud

Knex. wrote: »
    I could think of a few.

He would go and leave on a bloody odd number though, 90,093.

Feck sake, Mike. You couldn't just give it 7 posts more?!

:pac:
    in tribute to Mike...if he spent roughly 1 minute thinking/typing each post he would have spent 62.5 days posting, that's impressive :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Not sure what to think about Lallana. Very good player but not worth anywhere close to £25m. He's only really had a breakthrough season this season and is 26 years old. There has to be better value in the market. Surely Sanchez could have been bought for that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Just scanning the thread, we've sold Mike for £25 after his ban.

Ah well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭0028673

Caen, Lambert and Lallana are all a bit underwhelming to be honest..

Hopefully we're saving the marquee signings for July :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Feck sake Mike was a great poster, hope he comes back.

Don't blame him for closing his account if it is a reaction to his ban, he got a 2nd yellow for nothing. The modding is a bit OTT at the moment IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Feck sake Mike was a great poster, hope he comes back.

Don't blame him for closing his account if it is a reaction to his ban, he got a 2nd yellow for nothing. The modding is a bit OTT at the moment IMO.
    If you have a major disagreement about something u get a warning or a ban. Its a bit of a joke tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Tusky wrote: »
    Not sure what to think about Lallana. Very good player but not worth anywhere close to £25m. He's only really had a breakthrough season this season and is 26 years old. There has to be better value in the market. Surely Sanchez could have been bought for that?

Well apparently we're still interested in Sanchez anyway. I would say they will play,quite different roles too with Lallana more of a midfielder and Sanchez more of a forward. They wouldn't be stepping on each other's toes too much.

I also think that Sanchez's market value would be considerably more than 25m.

If we got him for 30m I would consider it an absolute bargain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

What the **** is going on around here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

In fairness the posting rules were relaxed for the WC. Everything was working well and then Suarez tried to eat an Italian and all hell broke lose.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    In fairness the posting rules were relaxed for the WC. Everything was working well and then Suarez tried to eat an Italian and all hell broke lose.

mikes 2nd yellow was very trivial

• Advertisement

I think right now our transfer priorities need to be a RB, LB and CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Mike is gone.. !!??! :eek:
    I think right now our transfer priorities need to be a RB, LB and CB.

And a replacement for mike!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I'm over it...given his dial up and all he's probably been gone at least 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

gimli2112 wrote: »

Is there anything Suarez won't ruin?

Someone think of the pandas!!

• Advertisement

Phoenix wrote: »
    Dont think so he got a second yellow which everyone was told would be a one month ban as per http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90815280&postcount=19

Have to disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

Apparently the Belgian fella Divock Origi is supposed to be close to being completed. He's look promising during the World Cup anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

slingerz wrote: »
    Apparently the Belgian fella Divock Origi is supposed to be close to being completed. He's look promising during the World Cup anyway

Reason enough to stay away!... :pac:

Mike is gone.. !!??! :eek:

And a replacement for mike!!!

Get over it man it's time to move on.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Lallana doesn't address the elephant in the room, replacing Gerrard. Poor world cup, his form also dipped in the last month of the season.

Am not sure Can is ready, Lucas is not the answer either. We'll play Henderson, Lallana and Gerrard i assume, with Sterling, Sturridge +1 (Suarez when fit) in front.

Even more than I'd like to see Sanchez, I'd like to see a real presence, a big name, brought in to take Gerrards place. I can only see Gerrards performances going one direction, and it aint up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Joe Allen must be wondering what's going on I'd imagine :confused:

Has everyone (including Rodgers) forgotten about his existence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I am pie wrote: »
    Lallana doesn't address the elephant in the room, replacing Gerrard. Poor world cup, his form also dipped in the last month of the season.

Am not sure Can is ready, Lucas is not the answer either. We'll play Henderson, Lallana and Gerrard i assume, with Sterling, Sturridge +1 (Suarez when fit) in front.

Even more than I'd like to see Sanchez, I'd like to see a real presence, a big name, brought in to take Gerrards place. I can only see Gerrards performances going one direction, and it aint up.

Or we play Henderson, Lallana and Allen? The latter was very good when called upon in the latter stages. Henderson has the mettle to play a more holding role. And we still have Lucas, while we wait for Can to prove himself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Joe Allen must be wondering what's going on I'd imagine :confused:

Has everyone (including Rodgers) forgotten about his existence?

Allen has been good, without being excellent. Champions League and competing in the prem demands more than he offers.

Allen or Anders Herrera?

Allen or Ozil?

Allen or Fabregas?

He's a step below those players unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Why did Mike closed his Account? It makes no sense.

Mike, if you're Reading this, it's been a Pleasure, and you are surely will be Missed here.

I was about to PM him to change that post because I got an infraction a few months back saying the same thing. just as I refreshed the page the infraction happened, so I was about 10 mins too late. Sorry Mike.

I am pie wrote: »
    Allen has been good, without being excellent. Champions League and competing in the prem demands more than he offers.

Allen or Anders Herrera?

Allen or Ozil?

Allen or Fabregas?

He's a step below those players unfortunately.

Ozil wasn't up to the demands of the PL and CL together last year and he cost three times what we paid for Allen.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement