Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I reckon on appeal what will happen is that the stadium and training bans get revoked, but the overall length will not. FIFA can't be seen to reduce something this high profile, and probably introduced the more petty bits to allow them to remove them on appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Re. Gafferino's article just above. 'Balbi' is the lawyer's second name and that of Suarez's wife. Wonder if that's just a coincidence or if there's a connection there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Apologises if its already been posted. Decent write up on Suarez by Dónal Óg Cusack.

Suarez is just another crazy mixed up kid, not a bad person

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/donal-og-cusack/suarez-is-just-another-crazy-mixed-up-kid-not-a-bad-person-273535.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Dom King and Tony Barret claiming the move for Lalanna almost done. Plus moves Origi and Lazar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

10509671_701170916615506_4104236064618068592_n.jpg

10384225_701170929948838_8151554581161163183_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Would like to put forward a motion conferring 'The' status on Mike65, he was always a fan of it and I'm sure it's what he would have wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

I have a feeling that a deal is broadly agreed between Liverpool and Barcelona. Especially in light of Luis Enrique's comments.

Might explain our sudden activity in the transfer market. I hope Alexis is part of the overall agreement with Barca. I have a feeling he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

We're buying every player on the planet according to twitter*

* EXCEPT maybe a defender

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Apologises if its already been posted. Decent write up on Suarez by Dónal Óg Cusack.

Suarez is just another crazy mixed up kid, not a bad person

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/donal-og-cusack/suarez-is-just-another-crazy-mixed-up-kid-not-a-bad-person-273535.html

That is very very good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 23m
    Liverpool moving rapidly in the transfer market. Deals for Origi & Lallana almost done and now a move for Benfica's Lazar Markovic too.

While Lallana is a good player I feel we are paying 5-10 million too much for him. Dont know anything about Markovic and didnt know anything about Origi until I seen him in the world cup. He does look an exciting player.

Have to say so far the signings arent getting me overly excited and outside of Lallana, no player there strongly competing to be in the first 11.

Would love if the rumours of Sanchez came true but I just can't see it. Too many times we have been disappointed.

If we loose Suarez to the ban or being sold, then signing a top class striker is a must. Sanchez would probably fill the role somewhat but we should be adding to quality not replacing it.

I know Chelsea have money on another level but look at their signings so far :(

Sanchez would an amazing signing, he really would.

joe123 wrote: »
    While Lallana is a good player I feel we are paying 5-10 million too much for him. Dont know anything about Markovic and didnt know anything about Origi until I seen him in the world cup. He does look an exciting player.

Have to say so far the signings arent getting me overly excited and outside of Lallana, no player there strongly competing to be in the first 11.

Would love if the rumours of Sanchez came true but I just can't see it. Too many times we have been disappointed.

If we loose Suarez to the ban or being sold, then signing a top class striker is a must. Sanchez would probably fill the role somewhat but we should be adding to quality not replacing it.

I know Chelsea have money on another level but look at their signings so far :(

No point worrying about teams with infinite amounts of money, it'll make your head hurt.

If we sign Markovic, I assume thats the end of the interest in Shaqiri.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Hope the Markovic deal is true, watched him all season for Benfica he was quality.

£10 million for Divock Origi apparently. A steal according to Jonathan Northcroft!

£20 million for Markovic. Ian Ayre on a mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

So long Mike, you're one of the reasons I started to follow this forum. Hope you come back

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

So long Mike, you're one of the reasons I started to follow this forum. Hope you come back

Since I started following this thread and posting in it, Mike has seemed to me to be the cornerstone of it. Pity he has left but perhaps he had enough. Hopefully he comes back in a different guise.

• Advertisement

Fescue wrote: »
    Since I started following this thread and posting in it, Mike has seemed to me to be the cornerstone of it. Pity he has left but perhaps he had enough. Hopefully he comes back in a different guise.

What happened Mike?

What happened Mike?

I think he closed his account after getting banned, from the pieces I can put together.

I think he closed his account after getting banned, from the pieces I can put together.

What did he do to get banned?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

What a legend.

Not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I find this pretty amazing, had it been an English player he probably wouldn't be able to show this face for a month!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

He mentioned he had someone on an ignore list.

Wonder if I'll get carded for saying that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

You would have to feel sorry for Southampton today :pac:

BrKHDriCMAAqpBE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Lojak

It seems to me that maybe we have come to an agreement with Barca and we have said the deal can't be announced until we have our replacement signings made. This would be of benefit to us as it would mean we can't be fleeced by clubs thinking we are desperate and with lots of money. I could be completely wrong . I just hope either way we see Sanchez in a Liverpool jersey next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Lojak wrote: »
    It seems to me that maybe we have come to an agreement with Barca and we have said the deal can't be announced until we have our replacement signings made. This would be of benefit to us as it would mean we can't be fleeced by clubs thinking we are desperate and with lots of money. I could be completely wrong . I just hope either way we see Sanchez in a Liverpool jersey next year.

Unless Barca are absolute class acts I can't see them offering Sanchez as part of the deal anymore. Suarez's price has taken a hit so they've no need to.

Unless Barca are absolute class acts I can't see them offering Sanchez as part of the deal anymore. Suarez's price has taken a hit so they've no need to.

If Liverpool reject their low bid then Barca have no option but to bid higher. Its not like Suarez remaining at Liverpool isn't a viable option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

First Suarez and now mike. No justice in the world. Dam you Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

SM01 wrote: »
    Re. Gafferino's article just above. 'Balbi' is the lawyer's second name and that of Suarez's wife. Wonder if that's just a coincidence or if there's a connection there.

His lawyer is his father in law

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Being linked with lots of players has me really thinking that Suarez is on his way.

If Liverpool reject their low bid then Barca have no option but to bid higher. Its not like Suarez remaining at Liverpool isn't a viable option.

I think we want to sell though, hence why Barca might be rethinking their offer. The leverage is with them now.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Being linked with lots of players has me really thinking that Suarez is on his way.

Being linked with loads all summer!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Good tactic from Liverpool spending the Suarez money now, before other clubs know they have the added cash.

Liverpool have no chance of the title next year with Chelsea splashing the cash on the likes of Costa and Cesc, while Pools targets are the likes of Lallana and Lambert.

Top four will be a struggle next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Sounds familiar.

Good tactic from Liverpool spending the Suarez money now, before other clubs know they have the added cash.

Liverpool have no chance of the title next year with Chelsea splashing the cash on the likes of Costa and Cesc, while Pools targets are the likes of Lallana and Lambert.

:D :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Surely you must get tired of being always wrong?

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Being linked with loads all summer!!

Seems to be more solid and quality links this week though. Something is up in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Rumours on this Countess Lazar Markovic heating up again. 20-25 million.

He's a winger but, provided we're getting Sanchez, I'm not sure that's what we really need. Would much prefer to see this money spent on some defenders and a controlling midfielder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

punk_one82 wrote: »
    Sounds familiar.

I bet it does, you have only finished in the top 4 once in the last several years.

Ha ha....looking forward to next season.

Cesc couldn't get into an aging Barcelona side and they were happy to let him go and Costa is mad and make Suarez look like a vegetarian angel but with less goals.

Top post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Where is Agueroooo today with all the twitter rumours?

I just wish I was seeing us linked to defenders as well.

It was the same last summer they seemed to be forgotten about till the last minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

We need Xabi Alonso the second

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

You are right the Top four will be struggling up against Lallana and Lambert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Mike65 is a huge loss to these threads. Gutted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

With so many Journalist and media outlets coming out saying suarez could be leaving , im beginning to believe now he could be off. Il be gutted to see him leave but hard to believe hes put us in this position again. if he is off we have to replace him with a quality proven star and not a player with "potential".

With players like Markovic and Lallana costing the bones of 20-25m a pop, we wont be long going through a large chunk of the transfer fee to strengthen other areas of the pitch. Id be very concerned if we spend 50m on those 2 because there are better more polished players like kono, shaqiri and sanchez for that kind of money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Where is Agueroooo today with all the twitter rumours?

I just wish I was seeing us linked to defenders as well.

It was the same last summer they seemed to be forgotten about till the last minute.

Banned.

Also quoted 4 times in a few minutes. Easy to see why they do it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement