Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Imagine if Barca had Messi, Neymar and Suarez.

Sweet jaysus.

Goldmember-spanking-gif.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Sweet jaysus.

Wouldnt be bothering us in the PL though :) and no use if they cant defend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

I get a funny feeling we'll sell Sauraz for less than his buy out clause,not get Sanchez & over pay for Lallana,would polish off the week the week we've had

Edit : Fare thee well Mike,you'll be missed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Our fallen comrade has a thread in his honour relating to his leaving of boards.
    His loss isn't being felt exclusively in this thread but all around the interweb

Link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

brilliant article
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/donal-og-cusack/suarez-is-just-another-crazy-mixed-up-kid-not-a-bad-person-273535.html

Would love to keep suarez and stick behind him but the witch hunt would be well and truly on for him next year. the FA would be willing to throw the book at him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

If we get Sanchez and Pedro and maybe a little bit of cash too I'd be happy. Suarez is brilliant but if he thought the UK media were against him previously then next season would drive him mad.

Keep him, add to the squad and aim for trophies.

• Advertisement

Just some finer points of Suarez' ban

10422243_10152521510864138_3291493088351675220_n.jpg?oh=93c1755c4c374ac76abff8b12ff60aed&oe=5428148C

10358574_10152521510869138_1232237957652227280_n.jpg

10417457_10152521510859138_6355440621328426901_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

10422243_10152521510864138_3291493088351675220_n.jpg?oh=93c1755c4c374ac76abff8b12ff60aed&oe=5428148C

If that's true its outrageous.

Not having Suarez train with the team or playing any football is ****e.

Also if LFC photoshop Suarez in to a team photo is that ok?

Augmerson wrote: »
    Not having Suarez train with the team or playing any football is ****e.

Also if LFC photoshop Suarez in to a team photo is that ok?

I'd say not since they can't even use him on merchandise promo ( kits etc.) during the ban. FIFA making this sh1t up as they go.

How can FIFA stop LFC/Warrior from using Luis image?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭Lostman1990

Suarez...85 million = 5 players of less quality = Bale and Tottenham:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Lol so if Barca sign him, they can't unveil him till November? :pac:

Doesn't matter, as mentioned before those silly things will be removed upon appeal.

• Advertisement

What will they do for the FIFA Videogames I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Disgusting by fifa if true. Defintly making up the rules as they go along

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭MacBizzle

I'd say not since they can't even use him on merchandise promo ( kits etc.) during the ban. FIFA making this sh1t up as they go.

How can FIFA stop LFC/Warrior from using Luis image?

Like I've said earlier, legal action.

They're not going to just roll over, I've a bad feeling this is going to turned into a prolonged saga.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That's gonna make the Barca photo awkward.

Enrique alone, holding a jersey with " S****Z" on it.

I have a plan.

Use this guy for the photos in Suarez gear.

article-2559167-1B7A20B500000578-78_634x356.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

The lookalike is going to be rolling in the dough by November.

EDIT: You goddam sonofabitch, googled eyes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Benzino wrote: »
    Lol so if Barca sign him, they can't unveil him till November? :pac:
    Will they not be able to parade him in the car park, he just not allowed enter the stadium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I am in agreement with his ban but the details of this ban are ridiculous. It will only strengthen his appeal imo.

rob316 wrote: »
    I am in agreement with his ban but the details of this ban are ridiculous. It will only strengthen his appeal imo.

Wouldn't surprise me if the ban is halved or something, there's been quite a strong backlash tbf, even Chiellini said it was too tough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭con747

Suarez needs a shrink. Liverpool need his goals, but how many chances does a person who earns the amount of money he does need? I think he should be sold to generate money for players who appreciate the chance they are given.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

MacBizzle wrote: »
    Wouldn't surprise me if the ban is halved or something, there's been quite a strong backlash tbf, even Chiellini said it was too tough.

As I said earlier, I reckon they will keep the ban length, but get rid of the ridiculous add ons on appeal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

I'm with Maradona on this one, free Luis Suarez!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

As soon as the ban went through I fired up Fifa on PS4 and played as Uruguay, he was still there at the time, I didn't check Liverpool but I'd say he will be still there, but I do know it updates teams and stuff once a week, will try it next week to see do they remove him and post back....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

I think the only thing they could overturn is the advertising and promotional restrictions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

So there is one comment saying he can't be in the picture if it's in Anfield then saying he can't be in at all

• Advertisement

Are these really "footballing activity"? As far as I'm concerned footballing activity is watching matches, going to training and playing matches. The rest is just nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

So there is one comment saying he can't be in the picture if it's in Anfield then saying he can't be in at all

Originally he was under the impression that Suarez wasn't allowed to be in it if it was taken at Anfield, but the reporter must have found out that he was actually banned from it altogether. A simple misunderstanding on his part.

Stolen from twitter next seasons team and formation:pac:

BrKAQJSIAAA8neg.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Sweet jaysus.

A large part of me would love to see that.

Obligatory youtube video of Lazar Markovic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

**Looks at top two posters from previous thread**

g0jhBxE.png

Dickerty, we're fucked mate.

No diggity

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

<<<<<<<<<<
    People we are not doing this!!!

Don't have your head turned by this large quantity of cash! We need this guy scoring goals for us! To think I spent the few days after the England match replaying the local Uruguayan commentator - "booom booom booom Pistolerrroo" It was all too good to be true!

Cannot believe Mike has pulled the plug. I never knew what the 65 ment nor could I fathom how he posted so much but hopefully he will be back, the old bugger. In tribute I will keep the option of Mike65istheman as a new username should the worst happen. Yes as an option I said....

And to top everything off Willmunny is back on the scene! This place keeps me young!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Unless we get Sanchez and 50M+ I would not touch any deal from Barcelona. As mad as he is it's crazy difficult to replace a genuine world class player and unless we get a great deal I would not even entertain it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Fifa can smell my helmet, they have no mandate for the ****e they are spewing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Fifa can smell my helmet, they have no mandate for the ****e they are spewing.

So can I...you need to give that a wash,dude. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Would be interesting to see fifa'a lawyers trying to defend those clauses in a right to work case if taken by Suarez/Liverpool/Warrior/any of his other sponsors.

I'd be surprised if he stays & we don't mount some sort of a legal challenge to this. Those details aren't the biggest issue from our perspective obviously, but they are definitely the low hanging fruit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Had plenty of little niggles with mike65 but he was a decent lad behind it all. Never one to hold a grudge or drag things down below a certain level. It's not nice to see someone feel the need to close their account, hopefully he will be back in some other form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

So have we signed any defenders yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Obligatory youtube video of Lazar Markovic

I'll admit, I've only seen this Guy on a couple of EL Games. But judging from his Youtube Vid, he does play similarly to Lallana.

We must be Buying all the Lallanas in the World. :D

So have we signed any defenders yet?

Defenders?

Where were going we don't need defenders.

Actually we do, only Lovren was linked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Guess I am the only one worried about Lallana. £50M in wages and transfer fees just strikes me as too much money. If he bombs, were going to take a hell of a bath (again).

Guess I am the only one worried about Lallana. £50M in wages and transfer fees just strikes me as too much money. If he bombs, were going to take a hell of a bath (again).

Big Sam and West Ham to the rescue if he bombs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I think Markovic from the litte I have seen in the Europa League for 25m is too much.
    I would proven if we signed Shaqiri & Sanchez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

niallo27 wrote: »
    Sponsors don't give a ****. Liverpool are in the CL that's all that matters. Is there any proof that the past bans have had any affect on commercial activity.

That's a completely naive comment. Sponsors want to be associated with positive role models and don't want to be associated with negative role models. They are building and protecting brands not trying to devalue their brands by having disgusting behaviour associated with them.

Ben

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Keep him, add to the squad and aim for trophies.

100% agree with this. Set up a siege mentality. **** every other club and its fans. Who cares what they think or say. Add in Sanchez to the mix. Add quality not replace it and build on what was a fantastic season.

On a related note, was chatting to a friend who watches the Portuguese league and wasn't impressed with Markovich one bit. He said maybe for around 10 million he would be ok. I then told him the figure touted is closer to 20 million.

Thinks we are insane spending that on him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement