Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

I'll admit, I've only seen this Guy on a couple of EL Games. But judging from his Youtube Vid, he does play similarly to Lallana.

We must be Buying all the Lallanas in the World. :D

Lallanas in Pyjamas.

You thinking what I'm thinking L2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

Is the 100k per week Lallana figure correct for his wages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

He'll stand a far greater chance of having his ban reduced if he goes to Barca. Not saying there's an anti-Liverpool thing, just that Barca tend to be looked on more favourably in these sort of things.

Don't want to see Suarez go, but if he does, it needs to be for Sanchez plus cash. At least then when/if we waste half the cash on flops, we'll still be left with at least one decent player

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

doc_17 wrote: »
    Is the 100k per week Lallana figure correct for his wages?

Yah I believe so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

He better be good or I'll slag him off for not being good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Augmerson wrote: »
    Yah I believe so.

Hes hardly on those wages!?

Grayditch wrote: »
    He better be good or I'll slag him off for not being good.

Shake harder boy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Doubt he will be on 100k a week.

Also, I'd be shocked if the ban is not reduced!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

djPSB wrote: »
    Lallanas in Pyjamas.

You thinking what I'm thinking L2.

I dunno, what are you thinking L1?

joe123 wrote: »
    Hes hardly on those wages!?

Think so, might have read it off of Sky Sports or somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

BenThere wrote: »
    That's a completely naive comment. Sponsors want to be associated with positive role models and don't want to be associated with negative role models. They are building and protecting brands not trying to devalue their brands by having disgusting behaviour associated with them.

Ben

But Suarez has hardly became a 'negative role model' over night? And up until now, these brands seem to be pay with his behavior.

Lallanallanlana is hardly on those wages, is he?

Suarez came in on very small wages, Henderson is on small wages, Allen is on small wages and a lot of the squad are similar.
    I'm beginning to not like this deal.

I dunno, what are you thinking L1?

Same thing we do every night Pinky, try to take over the world.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Lallanallanlana is hardly on those wages, is he?

Suarez came in on very small wages, Henderson is on small wages, Allen is on small wages and a lot of the squad are similar.
    I'm beginning to not like this deal.

Don't believe everything you read ;)

Not a chance that he'll be on 100k.

djPSB wrote: »
    Don't believe everything you read ;)

Not a chance that he'll be on 100k.

Well, I was skeptical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ok don't know if it's been mentioned before but does anyone remember Defoe biting Mascharano when he was with West Ham ?
    Can any of you remember what sort of coverage it got in the media or any ban ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Ok don't know if it's been mentioned before but does anyone remember Defoe biting Mascharano when he was with West Ham ?

The fact your not even sure yourself is the answer to the question.

Massive coverage by the media and everyone was outraged and calling for his head. He got a ten game ban as well and has been seen as a blight on English football and now on American soccer.
    Loads of threads and comments, it was chaos.

gafferino wrote: »
    The fact your not even sure yourself is the answer to the question.

I had forgotten all about it until I saw a post on Facebook about it !!

Edit: it's a tweet from Suarez himself I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

A comical nibble is what it was described as in the media

mightyreds wrote: »
    A comical nibble is what it was described as in the media

I know it was Suarez third time but the first time in England he was slaughtered in the media yet Defoe got off very lightly

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

One or two hilarious posts I see.

It was mentioned for a short while post Spurs vs West Ham game in which the incident happened in. I remember Sky Sports News making light of it.

It was brushed under the carpet once the FA commented on the incident.
    “We are unable to take any action because the referee has already dealt with the incident.”

“Fifa regulations prevent us from taking retrospective action.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I know it was Suarez third time but the first time in England he was slaughtered in the media yet Defoe got off very lightly

The perks of being English

The perks of being English

Or just not being Suarez.:pac:

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    One or two hilarious posts I see.

It was mentioned for a short while post Spurs vs West Ham game in which the incident happened in. I remember Sky Sports News making light of it.

It was brushed under the carpet once the FA commented on the incident.

Seems there were two very different standards for both players. And even the way both the media and Spurs commented on the incident towards the reaction Suarez got.

Here's a link to a BBC article on the Defoe one

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/6076094.stm

• Advertisement

I reckon if Suarez's bite the other day had been his first he'd have gotten away with a very light punishment. His other 2 played heavily in the ban handed out

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

MD1990 wrote: »
    I think Markovic from the litte I have seen in the Europa League for 25m is too much.
    I would proven if we signed Shaqiri & Sanchez.

Rather Kono at 15M than Markovic. A more polished consistent player is what we need.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I reckon if Suarez's bite the other day had been his first he'd have gotten away with a very light punishment. His other 2 played heavily in the ban handed out

Oh your right I just thought the reaction of Spurs was odd to the Defoe one. At least Liverpool condemned Suarez bite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Lallana for those wages and price is ridiculous. Almost stupid. No value in that transfer at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Or just not being Suarez.:pac:

Nah sure if you're English you also get away with kicking another player in the head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Hope we're in for a CDM soon with all the links to these attacking players. Badly needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

LiamoSail wrote: »
    He'll stand a far greater chance of having his ban reduced if he goes to Barca. Not saying there's an anti-Liverpool thing, just that Barca tend to be looked on more favourably in these sort of things.

Don't want to see Suarez go, but if he does, it needs to be for Sanchez plus cash. At least then when/if we waste half the cash on flops, we'll still be left with at least one decent player

I reckon that there'll be a deal done with Barca; they'll lobby FIFA to water down the ban and buy him at a reduced price, hopefully with Sanchez coming our way. Probably reduce the ban to 2 months or 10 weeks but keeping the international ban. They need to revisit the training and football activities thing because that is horse****e in all honesty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Alan Shearer on Suarez.

"I would give him a worldwide ban for as long as i could". Of course he is entitled to his opinion. But it is a bit hypocritical.

Below we see him clearly kicking Neil Lennon in the face

alan-shearer_2315959_GIFSoupcom_zps022491c0.gif

Shearer of course did not receive a ban for that. This was the same year he broke Spurs defender Ramon Vega's nose when he threw an elbow in his face.

Not that i have anything against Shearer just highlighting the hypocrisy of several pundits over Suarez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

NukaCola wrote: »
    Lallana for those wages and price is ridiculous. Almost stupid. No value in that transfer at all.
    I'm assuming the price being quoted is the total fee including bonuses for appearances, caps, trophies won etc.

The basic fee is probably in the £16-18m region i imagine.

On Mike65, sad news that Mike has left. He will be missed. Hopefully he is just gone on walkabout to find his shangri-la gif-less internet.

But i look forward to Mike65 2.0 appearing soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Alan Shearer

yeah I stopped reading at that point.....

Oh your right I just thought the reaction of Spurs was odd to the Defoe one. At least Liverpool condemned Suarez bite

If Defoe had bitten someone at his previous club I'm sure more would have been made of it.

Remember biting is just so weird. It's obviously in the news alot thanks to our number 9 but I'd hardly ever heard of it until Suarez one in Holland. Even then it got little coverage over here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

If Defoe had bitten someone at his previous club I'm sure more would have been made of it.

Remember biting is just so weird. It's obviously in the news alot thanks to our number 9 but I'd hardly ever heard of it until Suarez one in Holland. Even then it got little coverage over here

Our number 9?? What has Aspas done now?? :)

Benimar wrote: »

Lol, wooops!

Sorry, Aspas.

How the hell he got the number 9 is another thing. Trying hard to deflect...

That toe rag Aspas :)

Benimar wrote: »

He did headbutt someone in Spain before. I was kinda of disappointed when he turned out not to be a Suarez-lite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Guess I am the only one worried about Lallana. £50M in wages and transfer fees just strikes me as too much money. If he bombs, were going to take a hell of a bath (again).

he seems a tidy player, and should fit into the system.... i'll reserve judgement until i see him in a good few Liverpool games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Alan Shearer on Suarez.

"I would give him a worldwide ban for as long as i could". Of course he is entitled to his opinion. But it is a bit hypocritical.

Below we see him clearly kicking Neil Lennon in the face

alan-shearer_2315959_GIFSoupcom_zps022491c0.gif

Shearer of course did not receive a ban for that. This was the same year he broke Spurs defender Ramon Vega's nose when he threw an elbow in his face.

Not that i have anything against Shearer just highlighting the hypocrisy of several pundits over Suarez.

Wow, that is some knackery stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

And of course the FA found him not guilty of deliberately kicking Lennon in the face, this verdict came after Shearer threatened to pull out of the England WC squad if found guilty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

mada999 wrote: »
    he seems a tidy player, and should fit into the system.... i'll reserve judgement until i see him in a good few Liverpool games

Lallana may well be expensive but I don't think Liverpool would have paid that fee unless they felt he was going to be an integral part of the team.

I think it may well be the work Lallana does without the ball that made Liverpool push so strongly for him. His pressing fits with the philosophy of the team.

The team is now brimming with quick, energetic and technically good players. Next season I expect Liverpool to play with great intensity. When we do, we roll teams over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He got away with because he threatened to retire from Internationl football just before the '98 World Cup he was also the England captain at ther time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

5live wrote: »
    I'm assuming the price being quoted is the total fee including bonuses for appearances, caps, trophies won etc.

The basic fee is probably in the £16-18m region i imagine.

On Mike65, sad news that Mike has left. He will be missed. Hopefully he is just gone on walkabout to find his shangri-la gif-less internet.

But i look forward to Mike65 2.0 appearing soon.

I see the After Hours-mike65 thread was closed , As i said there , I joined at the same time as mike and will miss him and his posts, Whatever your doing mike hope your doing ok and stay safe mate !!

So let's take stock of how the club is doing so far this summer.

In

Lambert FW
    Can MF
    Lallana Yet to be confirmed MF

With the possibility still of:

Sanchez [Pending a sale of Suarez]
    Shakira Shaqiri [Not dependent on sale of Suarez]
    Lovren
    Markovic
    Moreno [Seemingly stalled, bigger offer needed]

I may not be keeping up with all of the transfer gossip but it's mostly players upfront, in midfield or strikers, who we've been linked with or signed with the odd one out being Moreno and Lovren. Moreno is probably not going to happen unless BR is really interested and we go back in with a bigger bid. I think we might as Enrique was injured for much of last season. I don't think Lovren will happen either. I can't see Southampton selling us 3 players in 1 window.

I can't comment too much about Markovic. I just don't know enough.

Back from Loan

Reina
    Borini
    Ilori
    Assaidi
    Teixeira

Back from Injury

Enrique

I'd say the club would like to sell Reina but who is buying? For the foreseeable future he is with us. Not the worst back up for Mignolet. I'm happy Belgium are progressing in the WC, great experience for him.

Borini too will be a good option from the bench. I hope we don't sell him. I'd like to see him get another go. Assaidi will probably be sold, disappointing he didn't get much of a chance.

Ilori is needed back. I'd like to see himself and Coates get more chances this season, Coates will probably be sold though. Teixeira likewise needs more game time in the league.

Out [Possible]

Suarez
    Coates
    Borini
    Assaidi
    Agger
    Reina
    Suso

If Suarez does go, we need Sanchez in. Also a large wad of money upfront. We should then go in for Shaqiri and I'd like it if we resumed interest in Konoplyanka but that seems dead.

Anything I've missed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Shearer is a pretty vile individual to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

We need moar defenders, I don't think BrenDog has any faith in Agger and Co anymore....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Augmerson wrote: »
    So let's take stock of how the club is doing so far this summer.

In

Lambert FW
    Can MF
    Lallana Yet to be confirmed MF

With the possibility still of:

Sanchez [Pending a sale of Suarez]
    Shakira Shaqiri [Not dependent on sale of Suarez]
    Lovren
    Markovic
    Moreno [Seemingly stalled, bigger offer needed]

I may not be keeping up with all of the transfer gossip but it's mostly players upfront, in midfield or strikers, who we've been linked with or signed with the odd one out being Moreno and Lovren. Moreno is probably not going to happen unless BR is really interested and we go back in with a bigger bid. I think we might as Enrique was injured for much of last season. I don't think Lovren will happen either. I can't see Southampton selling us 3 players in 1 window.

I can't comment too much about Markovic. I just don't know enough.

Back from Loan

Reina
    Borini
    Ilori
    Assaidi
    Teixeira

Back from Injury

Enrique

I'd say the club would like to sell Reina but who is buying? For the foreseeable future he is with us. Not the worst back up for Mignolet. I'm happy Belgium are progressing in the WC, great experience for him.

Borini too will be a good option from the bench. I hope we don't sell him. I'd like to see him get another go. Assaidi will probably be sold, disappointing he didn't get much of a chance.

Ilori is needed back. I'd like to see himself and Coates get more chances this season, Coates will probably be sold though. Teixeira likewise needs more game time in the league.

Out [Possible]

Suarez
    Coates
    Borini
    Assaidi
    Agger
    Reina
    Suso

If Suarez does go, we need Sanchez in. Also a large wad of money upfront. We should then go in for Shaqiri and I'd like it if we resumed interest in Konoplyanka but that seems dead.

Anything I've missed?

Wisdom is back from loan, might offer Johnson competition at right back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement