Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Duckytech

Don't know if you guys have read this but if you step back and look at bigger picture, it is thought provoking.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/donal-og-cusack/donal-og-cusack-suarez-is-just-another-crazy-mixed-up-kid-not-a-bad-person-273535.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Shearer is a pretty vile individual to be fair.

aye, he was a dirty, sneaky player who got away with way more than he should have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

BMJD wrote: »
    aye, he was a dirty, sneaky player who got away with way more than he should have

See I have no major problem with being a dirty, sneaky player as long as you're getting away with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I remember Shearer having a barny with Keane once but I didn't realise the extent of his nastiness on the pitch until now. The fact that the kick was so blatant and not in anyway sneaky makes it worse, it screams disdain towards not only his victim, but the ref and authorities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

25m for Lallana. Ridiculous money. Decent player but we're paying double what he's worth. I have a feeling we're going to spend a ball of money not get close to it's true value this summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Shearer was always painted as the "Old type, no nonsense center forward", which is why his elbows and all round general aggression on the pitch wasn't brought up as an issue. The game was different then, as well.

Tbh, I've no major issue with Shearer the player. If he was a Liverpool player, he'd be a Club legend. His punditry, and his general take on things nowadays, is enough to make me want to take up heroin, however.

I remember Shearer having a barny with Keane once but I didn't realise the extent of his nastiness on the pitch until now. The fact that the kick was so blatant and not in anyway sneaky makes it worse, it screams disdain towards not only his victim, but the ref and authorities.

I wish Keane had knocked him the **** out that time
    good article here:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-370058/Newcastles-Mary-Poppins-escapes-again.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

BMJD wrote: »
    I wish Keane had knocked him the **** out that time
    good article here:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-370058/Newcastles-Mary-Poppins-escapes-again.html

Shearer is a stocking of sh1te who cowered like a mouse when Keane put it up to him!

However he isn't the only hypocrite in football and if we were to spend the whole time pointing out hypocrisy....well we'd never get anything done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I know there are two months to go before the transfer window closes but I really want to see us linked to defenders if if it's just twitter nonsense.

I really don't want us to be seen as this generations Kevin Keegan's Newcastle entertainers all out attack no defence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

I know there are two months to go before the transfer window closes but I really want to see us linked to defenders if if it's just twitter nonsense.

I really don't want us to be seen as this generations Kevin Keegan's Newcastle entertainers all out attack no defence.
    Better close your eyes so...:pac:

• Advertisement

taidghbaby wrote: »
    However he isn't the only hypocrite in football and if we were to spend the whole time pointing out hypocrisy....well we'd never get anything done!
    I agree, he should stfu calling for lifetime bans on players though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

con747 wrote: »
    Suarez needs a shrink. Liverpool need his goals, but how many chances does a person who earns the amount of money he does need? I think he should be sold to generate money for players who appreciate the chance they are given.

I doubt there are many who appreciate it more than our Luis tbf.
    Fifa can smell my helmet

Ha, this is awsome. Should be the clubs official statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

persisting with an ageing gerrard will be our achilles heel, need a replacement. Agger to go and take a new CB.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Lovren and Caulker were mentioned a few times but it's gone a bit silent on both counts now. Caulker would be a good purchase and has worked with BR before. Might cost about 5 or 6 million sterling.

Mamadou Sakho has been ranked in the top 10 players at the World Cup by a statistical index after the group stage fixtures in Brazil.

Sakho's result after three run-outs to date is an impressive 9.47, the fourth-highest of any defender competing in South America, and immediately above one Lionel Messi.
    He is still no good thought because he looks awkward :p

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/165490-sakho-riding-high-in-world-cup-ranking

I am pie wrote: »
    persisting with an ageing gerrard will be our achilles heel, need a replacement. Agger to go and take a new CB.

I think most said that this time last year and Rodgers played a masterstroke and moved him to sweeper role. Still has a lot to offer us.

I'll say Rodgers knows better than us it's fair to say!

A top class replacement should certainly be on radar though in the next 12 months.

Agger or Skrtel will go I'd imagine if not both of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I'm 95% looking forward to him beasting defence next year.

I'm 5% concerned about his aggression and recklessness. The elbow the other night, the mad tackle on Dzeko against City - hopefully he keeps them to a minimum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

25m for Lallana. Ridiculous money. Decent player but we're paying double what he's worth. I have a feeling we're going to spend a ball of money not get close to it's true value this summer.

It must be hard to keep up the Debbie Downer persona even in the off season!

Seriously though you do seem be always look to the negative side about everything, trust BR he knows what he's at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

If Sakho can cut out the headless chicken meltdowns he'll be class for us.

I am pie wrote: »

We just didn't have anyone else really bar Allen to replace Gerrard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I think its easy for forget Sakho is only 24 which is very young for a CB. Not may CB's at 24 are top class other than Varane. Sakho will be a great CB for us as he has all the attributes needed.

MD1990 wrote: »
    I think its easy for forget Sakho is only 24 which is very young for a CB. Not may CB's at 24 are top class other than Varane. Sakho will be a great CB for us as he has all the attributes needed.

He's just very awkward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I for one will be very happy with Lallana whatever the price even if it is over priced. I still don't believe it will be £25m it will more than likely be £17/18m with add on's up to £25m. If we keep getting CL and win trophies then none of will care what he cost.

All this he is a one season wonder is a load of bull as well.

He is a player who has gotten better every single season he has played he has stepped up from league 1 to championship to PL and has been named in the team of the year in each of the leagues and now he is an England International as well .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Anyone else replacing Layla with Lallana in that Eric Clapton song and playing a bit of air guitar, nope? Ok Carry on!

I for one will be very happy with Lallana whatever the price even if it is over priced. I still don't believe it will be £25m it will more than likely be £17/18m with add on's up to £25m. If we keep getting CL and win trophies then none of will care what he cost.

All this he is a one season wonder is a load of bull as well.

He is a player who has gotten better every single season he has played he has stepped up from league 1 to championship to PL and has been named in the team of the year in each of the leagues and now he is an England International as well .

The selling club most likely circulate this fee around to appease their fans.

Fescue wrote: »
    The selling club most likely circulate this fee around to appease their fans.

Totally agree and I have a feeling we will be doing the same with Suarez.

Anyone else replacing Layla with Lallana in that Eric Clapton song and playing a bit of air guitar, nope? Ok Carry on!

[chorus]
    Lallana....you gotta justify your fee baby....
    Lallana....don't turn into another Aspas please...
    Lallana....don't you dream of winning things

I invariably imagine Snow's Informer to any new player with a three syllable surname.

Which in turn reminds me of Jim Carey's imposter.

Which I then proceed to play on youtube.

• Advertisement

Ah Jim Carey where did it all go wrong. Ace Ventura was hilarious. Still he was Laurie Holden.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

La bamba keeps going through my head when I hear his name

Luis on twitter.. Google translate used.
    Hi all, I write this post to give thanks to the outpouring of support and love I am receiving. Both myself and my family really appreciate it. Thank you very much for being by my side and I want all my colleagues today we support selection for the match against Colombia.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Suarez lawyer has given a statement

BrOPbggCQAEGth8.jpg

What he's actually saying

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRitRf7V-1rsP7zGWJ58yDFWa9Pp9rwkVx8pG1Dp1PN4QNOT2Pz6Q

If any major food company has any sense they'd be lining up to get in touch with his people for promo work

Now Luis eats at " insert food seller " he doesn't need to bite anyone any more

suarez-thumbs-up.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It seems like Uruguay decided they'd batten down the hatches and they and Suarez have stuck by that strategy.

Given that he was never in a million years going to get away with it, even from a pragmatic point of view, they should've been open and honest about it.

I don't think pandering to Suarez and reinforcing the self-delusion that he's persecuted will do him any good at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

so markovic...anyone know much about him?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Oh Luis. Please shut up!

I hope Uruguay win tonight and they all wear Luis t-shirts. Just the p1ss the world off

I'd be lumping on Columbia but some incidents can galvanise teams and I'm wary of Uruguay tbh

Suarez lawyer has given a statement

BrOPbggCQAEGth8.jpg

What he's actually saying

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRitRf7V-1rsP7zGWJ58yDFWa9Pp9rwkVx8pG1Dp1PN4QNOT2Pz6Q

Isn't that the defense used and not what he said today or have I gone back in time?

• Advertisement

It's what they said a few days ago and he released as an official statement today

Lets say the club wanna sell him to Barca and Sanchez says he rathers going else where. What deal would you all accept cash plus who ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭secman

I hope Uruguay win tonight and they all wear Luis t-shirts. Just the p1ss the world off

Yeah and that worked before, how many are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭secman

Yeah and that worked before, how many are you?

Old enough to know when someone is joking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

What happens if Uruguay win the WC? Would Suarez get a medal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Lets say the club wanna sell him to Barca and Sanchez says he rathers going else where. What deal would you all accept cash plus who ?

Perdro, Alba, Montoya, Deulofeu would be the players I would be interested in apart from Messi, Neymar. Take Stegen too.

Obviously a **** load of money would need to be coming our way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭delaney001

Knex. wrote: »
    Shearer was always painted as the "Old type, no nonsense center forward", which is why his elbows and all round general aggression on the pitch wasn't brought up as an issue. The game was different then, as well.

Tbh, I've no major issue with Shearer the player. If he was a Liverpool player, he'd be a Club legend. His punditry, and his general take on things nowadays, is enough to make me want to take up heroin, however.

The game the same yo, just got more fierce is all - Slim Charles 2005

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Sanchez + Deulofeu/Montoya + 50M, then Barca can have him. :D

billy2012 wrote: »
    Perdro, Alba, Montoya, Deulofeu would be the players I would be interested in apart from Messi, Neymar. Take Stegen too.

Obviously a **** load of money would need to be coming our way.

The highlighted 3 plus Sachez swap deal would do me with €20m cash to buy Lovern and I really think we would come out winners in the end.

They are players I said last night. If Barca want him that bad they have pay bigtime. I don't see them paying £80m in cash so a player exchange is more likely.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement