Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Medel really is an excellent CB.

Medel and Sakho as a pairing would scare everyone including there own team mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Hulk is one of the most Inconsistent Players I've seen. He can be really Good, and so Ordinary the next.

But I have to say, he is Brazil's Best Player, in this Game right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Surely Medel is a little short to be a cb in the premier league?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭MacBizzle

Hulk is one of the most Inconsistent Players I've seen. He can be really Good, and so Ordinary the next.

But I have to say, he is Brazil's Best Player, in this Game right now.

I really like your random capitalisations! It's like reading some Emily Dickinson poetry :D :pac:

Fescue wrote: »
    Surely Medel is a little short to be a cb in the premier league?

He is but as a DM and back up CB he will be a good a bargin for whatever team gets him. There is no way he is staying at Cardiff.

He is but as a DM and back up CB he will be a good a bargin for whatever team gets him. There is no way he is staying at Cardiff.

Oh I would snap him up for sure if the price is reasonable.

Medel he really is the type of hard B@sta@d in midfield we could do with from time to time.

To be honest he can play a bit as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭bitemeluis

Can we swap Suarez for Neymar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

MacBizzle wrote: »
    I really like your random capitalisations! It's like reading some Emily Dickinson poetry :D :pac:

Nearly as unpredictable as Hulk.

Suarez wouldnt have missed that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

bitemeluis wrote: »
    Can we swap Suarez for Neymar?

No.

T-K-O wrote: »
    No.

+ Fabio Borini?

+ Fabio Borini?

Suarez > Neymar and by some distance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Agree. Can't stand neymar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Suarez wouldnt have missed that

Has missed a few for Liverpool.

maybe at this moment - but 22, will only improve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

ush wrote: »
    Has missed a few for Liverpool.
    Yeah, we should sooooo sell him...

:pac:

Vicxas wrote: »
    Agree. Can't stand neymar.

He's a decent player but average when you compare him to past #10 for Brazil

maybe at this moment - but 22, will only improve

Anything is possible.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Neymar is easily the best player in that team. He made a big name for himself in Brazil before the move to Barcelona. Unfortunately he's the only really talented player in that squad, and he cant do it all himself. If he had Coutinho alongside him making runs, and getting some decent crosses and passes into him he would seem much better. Unfortunately Fred and Hulk had a great Confederations Cup last year and cemented themselves as starters during that.

When can I use the new signings in Fifa14?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Medel could be available for about 10m he is a cheap signing I would get very excited about. Just that hard bastard we have missed since mascherano.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Right Sanchez is on hols now. Wrap it up please señor Ayre.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

rob316 wrote: »
    Medel could be available for about 10m he is a cheap signing I would get very excited about. Just that hard bastard we have missed since mascherano.

I don't know why he hasn't been chased or spoke about. Had an excellent WC and looked good in the PL when I saw him last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Great Chile is out now so sanchez price will stop increasing. Wrap it up ayre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

I see a problem for Suarez and maybe even Liverpool if Barca come calling.

Suarez is vehemently denying any biting in the incident with Chiellini, but if Barca are going to sign him, they will want him to apologise for it.

Now, here's the issue. Suarez denies he bit Chiellini, but if he wants to move to Barca, he will have to apologise. Now how can he appeal the ban saying he did not bite, while apologising for the bite if he moves to Barca?

When can I use the new signings in Fifa14?

Can't you change it in team customisation or something? :p

Suarez is vehemently denying any biting in the incident with Chiellini, but if Barca are going to sign him, they will want him to apologise for it.

Now, here's the issue. Suarez denies he bit Chiellini, but if he wants to move to Barca, he will have to apologise. Now how can he appeal the ban saying he did not bite, while apologising for the bite if he moves to Barca?

Barca won't give a rats ass. It's not their problem, there will be no apology from their end

It's become obvious over the past few years that Suarez is not an honest guy. If he wants to move to Barca he'll apologise.

I'd imagine that once the appeal is heard that will be the end of it so he can say what he wants...

• Advertisement

Barca won't give one fcuk FIFA & UFEA are Barca and Madrid's B1tches allegedly ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Have Uruguay appealed it yet and if so when can we expect a verdict?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

I think they have appealed it, but a verdict will probably have to wait until Uruguay are out of the WC to stop Suarez from playing in it.
    Barca won't give one fcuk FIFA & UFEA are Barca and Madrid's B1tches allegedly ;)

Any rich club are their betches.

Say Newcastle avoided tax, and appealed the ban, they wouldn't have had it suspended until a hearing. Just because Barca needed a keeper and a CB, FIFA suspended it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

I think they have appealed it, but a verdict will probably have to wait until Uruguay are out of the WC to stop Suarez from playing in it.

Any rich club are their betches.

Say Newcastle avoided tax, and appealed the ban, they wouldn't have had it suspended until a hearing. Just because Barca needed a keeper and a CB, FIFA suspended it.

The solution to this is very simple.

Stop fcucking biting people.

Can we please buy Rodriguez? Whatever the price, that man is unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

It's become obvious over the past few years that Suarez is not an honest guy. If he wants to move to Barca he'll apologise.

I'd imagine that once the appeal is heard that will be the end of it so he can say what he wants...

No more dishonest than alot of his fellow professionals i would have thought. Difference is that he seems to just be terrible at getting away with his trangressions, i.e. he should probably stick to elbowing other players etc...I can't remember too many retrospective bans for those.

We couldn't afford him even after selling Luis.

Ya he would cost an absolute fortune as Psg themselves spent a fortune on him and he is still very much at the centre of their plans. I wonder if his PSG team mate Marquinhos would be available now that PSG have signed Luiz. Maybe not but I would love us to try. We got Sakho from them under similar circumstances.

mormank wrote: »
    Ya he would cost an absolute fortune as Psg themselves spent a fortune on him and he is still very much at the centre of their plans. I wonder if his PSG team mate Marquinhos would be available now that PSG have signed Luiz. Maybe not but I would love us to try. We got Sakho from them under similar circumstances.

Think he's at Monaco.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

He plays for Monaco not PSG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I, for one, believe chewie.

Never ever admit anything, anything. No matter how obvious it may appear. I reckon FIFA aren't sure he did bite. Chelini and are waiting for Suarez to admit.
    The old I heard you were with my wife trick, Mary told me. Yeah sorry about that. So your were with her?!.
    We couldn't afford him even after selling Luis.

Straight swap for Aspas? And maybe throw in the guarantee that they won't accidentally sign Moses because we will sign him on a 15 year deal.
    Might get his 20 then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Bit hard to sign him from PSG when he plays for Monaco. the no tax thing would mean his wages would be astronomical as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I'd say the fanny in Monaco would be of a higher calibre than Liverpool, always an important element to take into consideration.

djPSB wrote: »
    The solution to this is very simple.

Stop fcucking biting people.

If only it were that simple. If it were that simple I'm sure he would have stopped already. I don't think there is a single person reading this or posting here that can relate to the level of pressure that is on these players shoulders. Suarez seems to become like a cornered animal when his team is losing and he does whatever is neccesary to win the game. Sometimes this is a legal reaction like skinning two players and scoring and sometimes, like against Italy it is something crazy and stupid, but his team won! We all know this incident simply does not happen if Uruguay are already two up with ten minutes to go.

He is 22 and a multi millionaire living in Monte Carlo the guy is living everyones dream.

He won't move for a few years then it would be to Barca or Madrid.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Fine then. We're signing Cuadrado, Sanchez, Vidal, Medel, Rodriguez and the 43 year Colombian keeper.

Now go Ayre, capture them!

(╯°□°)╯︵◓

Fescue wrote: »
    Think he's at Monaco.
    slingerz wrote: »
    He plays for Monaco not PSG
    Bit hard to sign him from PSG when he plays for Monaco. the no tax thing would mean his wages would be astronomical as well
    I'd say the fanny in Monaco would be of a higher calibre than Liverpool, always an important element to take into consideration.

Oops yeah of course they aren't team mates. Very heavy night last night. Anyway point still stands, I would still love to make a move for Marquinhos after they have signed Luiz for crazy money. I mean has got to play after that amount of money is spent on him and Thiago Silva will be his partner, perhaps leaving Maruinhos not getting as many games as he would like.

P.s. Yup the 'fanny' in Monaco is top notch. :D

He is 22 and a multi millionaire living in Monte Carlo the guy is living everyones dream.

He won't move for a few years then it would be to Barca or Madrid.

Would have to agree with this. Monaco is like a millionnaire's playground. I was working there last month and walked past a real estate place on the main street and they were selling car parks next to the apartments they had on offer for 190,000 euro!! :eek::confused::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I would die happy if Rodriguez signed for us. Such a good player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Akabusi

As Rodriguez may not like the Liverpool clunge, would we have any hope of getting Caudrado?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement