Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

opinions on the dutch lb Blind. hamamn thinks he would be got for a third of what shaw went for and is on par with shaw etc. looks decent from the few games ive seen of him, but thats been only a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Heartbreak for Mexico.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

mormank wrote: »
    Are you not at all concerned about the losses of Sagna, one of the most solid right backs in the league for years now and Tommy V who while not being a starter for ye last season was still club captain I believe and ye're first line of cover after Mert and Kosh? Those two cannot play all season and if either get injured ye will suffer unless quality cover is attained, and no offence but Wenger has been quite poor at signing centre backs his whole Arsenal career when compared to any other position on the field.

Vermaelen isn't gone? If he did go, then yes, that would be bad news.

Sagna is a big loss, but Wenger has a fairly good record in fullbacks so I'm not hugely broken up over it.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

hadepsx wrote: »
    opinions on the dutch lb Blind. hamamn thinks he would be got for a third of what shaw went for and is on par with shaw etc. looks decent from the few games ive seen of him, but thats been only a few.

Better DM than LB.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Heartbreak for Mexico.

The evil axis of Man U - Schalke - Bayern prevailed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Better DM than LB.

would he be better than flano at lb though, always good to have a bit of versatility in a player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

If Sanchez doesn't want to come & if Markovic isnt signed. I would love to see us go for Cuadrado. Probably the best dribbler in world football.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Happy for Kuyt today, he performed well. Always has heart, great worker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

I hate all this talk of Sanchez replacing Suarez.

AT the start it was signing Sanchez to play with Suarez, not replace him!!! If Suarez goes we need a top striker to try and replace him as well as signing Sanchez!!

billy2012 wrote: »

AT the start it was signing Sanchez to play with Suarez, not replace him!!! If Suarez goes we need a top striker to try and replace him as well as signing Sanchez!!

Marsha Marsha Marsha! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Presenting...

1805__7076__aspas263_51fe413d228c6082391411.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Some people here are getting overly focused on Sanchez that's how you overpay. He is just one player
    His value has been hit though, no-one can deny that surely? I'd say Barca feel they no longer have to throw Sanchez into the deal and £50-60m alone will be enough, and I don't think they'd be far off thinking that. No chance of his value being £80m now.
    Real Madrid are in negotiations for Falcao. They're not in for Suarez and won't be either. This is something that could seriously affect the price tag of Suarez; the lack of potential buyers.
    PSG have Cavani and Ibra.
    Real could have Falcao, Benzima, Ronaldo, Bale DiMaria,
    Chelsea will have their one striker in Costa,
    Monaco is graveyard for top players.
    City and United could afford him, but no way that's happening.
    Bayern wouldn't touch him.
    It only leaves Barca.

Sanchez plus 30m would be a decent deal considering Suarez is only now one crazy instant away from wrecking his career entirely.

Pull the other one love.
    ush wrote: »
    Whats that in old money?

3 and 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Remember the same kind of talk with we signed Suarez. He was supposed to play alongside Torres, not replace him.

That didn't work out too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Some people here are getting overly focused on Sanchez that's how you overpay. He is just one player
    I'm more annoyed at the way that people seem to think that Suarez leaving and Sanchez joining is nothing more than a formality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Remember the same kind of talk with we signed Suarez. He was supposed to play alongside Torres, not replace him.

That didn't work out too bad.

There's not much room for improvement on Suarez though.

Anybody other than Messi or Ronaldo is a downgrade, purely going by the numbers of goals and chances created.

But to do what Suarez does, while also being hilarious and making defenders look like absolute clueless dopes pretty much doesn't exist in the world.

And all that while being the hardest working forward in the world...

He's ****ing incredible lads.

Sanchez isn't fit to lace Suarez's boots tbh

Bring him in to play with Suarez, not replace him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I agree, he is simply irreplaceable. It's not often in Liverpools history that we have had one of the top three players in the world on our books so I really hope Rogers and Fenway consider the full ramifications of losing a player of his calibre.

We really need to take stock of what we could be actually losing. Not only is it the 30 goals a season and rake of assists that Suarez bring, it's also what he brings to his team mates around him and how his class lifts them all to play better. If you're playing in midfield behind a striker of Suarez' ability you are a lot more motivated to ensure he gets the service he needs because you know that given the right ball Suarez will finish it into the back of the net more often than not. It is hugely spiriting for midfielders to be playing behind such a clinical striker and consequently they raise their game to create chances for him, safe in the knowledge he delivers the goods the majority of the time.

Suarez leaving weakens LFC, there's no two ways about it. Sanchez coming the other way will soften the blow somewhat but despite all that's happened in the last week I think the club should be working on keeping Luis if he wants to stay. We'd need to be assured he was never going to bite again but with the right help that's not an insurmountable task. There's not many players in the world a club would do that for but Suarez is defintely one of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

rarnes1 wrote: »

He might get a bit nervous if he were to try and lace Suarez's boots. Better to steer well clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

rarnes1 wrote: »

Sanchez reminds me a lot of Sterling actually in terms of style.

Obviously Sterling isn't at that level just yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

djPSB wrote: »
    Sanchez reminds me a lot of Sterling actually in terms of style.

Obviously Sterling isn't at that level just yet.

I was saying as much earlier today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

We were always likely to spend money this summer having qualified for the Champions league. The players we are being linked with so far does not suggest we are selling Suarez. Sanchez, Sterling and Sturridge with Lallana, Gerrard and Henderson behind would be tasty for the start of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

We were always likely to spend money this summer having qualified for the Champions league. The players we are being linked with so far does not suggest we are selling Suarez. Sanchez, Sterling and Sturridge with Lallana, Gerrard and Henderson behind would be tasty for the start of the season.

I can't back it up with hard evidence but from what I have read from various sources, I am sure Suarez wants to leave and I am sure the club are willing to sell him.

I would be hugely surpised if he is a Liverpool player when the window closes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Presenting...

1805__7076__aspas263_51fe413d228c6082391411.jpg

New water boy or tea boy ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Vermaelen isn't gone? If he did go, then yes, that would be bad news.

Sagna is a big loss, but Wenger has a fairly good record in fullbacks so I'm not hugely broken up over it.

My brother is an avid Arsenal fan and he reckons Tommy V is gone/going to Utd to reunite with his buddy RVP. he also says that Serge Aurier is a possible replacement for Sagna which could be an interesting one. And Ye really need a striker too. Ye're midfield options are head and shoulders above Liverpool's tho at the moment especially if you take into account depth.

MD1990 wrote: »
    If Sanchez doesn't want to come & if Markovic isnt signed. I would love to see us go for Cuadrado. Probably the best dribbler in world football.

I haven't really seen enough of Cuadrado to challenge that statement but Cuadrado is a better dribbler than Messi?? Really?

My brother is an avid Arsenal fan and he reckons Tommy V is gone/going to Utd to reunite with his buddy RVP. he also says that Serge Aurier is a possible replacement for Sagna which could be an interesting one. And Ye really need a striker too. Ye're midfield options are head and shoulders above Liverpool's tho at the moment especially if you take into account depth.

With all due respect, your brother is probably not going off any more than a few articles a month ago linking Vermaelen to Utd. I don't see us selling one of our only three centre backs unless we get a replacement in first. Wenger's last three big centre back signings (Kos, Mert and Vermaelen himself) haven't been too bad anyway.

Aurier might be the right back, there's been a lot of talk of that. Whoever it is, I'd be confident Wenger will pick a good man.

We definitely need a goalscorer, yeah. No arguing there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

A good display from Navas for Costa Rica. I wonder if we are still interested in him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Going on the press speculation that would be nearly all our budget gone when you add Can and Lambert! We'd need to be selling to buy defenders.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I haven't really seen enough of Cuadrado to challenge that statement but Cuadrado is a better dribbler than Messi?? Really?
    I would say he is atm. As Messi doesn't dribble as much as he used too when he was playing on the wing. Cuadrado was outstanding for Fiorentina last year. One of the most exciting players to watch in world football imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Gbear wrote: »
    There's not much room for improvement on Suarez though.

Anybody other than Messi or Ronaldo is a downgrade, purely going by the numbers of goals and chances created.

But to do what Suarez does, while also being hilarious and making defenders look like absolute clueless dopes pretty much doesn't exist in the world.

And all that while being the hardest working forward in the world...

He's ****ing incredible lads.

Not to mention being a right good laff.

Chewy is on his extended summer holliers so he wont be starting the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Just heard papadopolous name mentioned in the Greece game, anybody have any idea how he has acquitted himself, is he worth going back in for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just heard papadopolous name mentioned in the Greece game, anybody have any idea how he has acquitted himself, is he worth going back in for?

He not at the World Cup. Did not make the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Thats Sokratis papadopolous, other papa didnt make the squad

With all due respect, your brother is probably not going off any more than a few articles a month ago linking Vermaelen to Utd. I don't see us selling one of our only three centre backs unless we get a replacement in first. Wenger's last three big centre back signings (Kos, Mert and Vermaelen himself) haven't been too bad anyway.

Aurier might be the right back, there's been a lot of talk of that. Whoever it is, I'd be confident Wenger will pick a good man.

We definitely need a goalscorer, yeah. No arguing there.

True but he did say that Tommy V and RVP had some sort of close friendship or something, I honestly have no idea about that as I'm a pool fan myself. You could ver ywell be right about that tho, time wil tell. Were those 3 his last 3 CB signings tho, I believe his last 3 were Mert, Kosh and Squillaci! :D Before those 3 was Tommy V and the return of Sol Campbell, Silvestre not to mention the likes of Senderos and Djourou before them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I think his name is papahatadopolous or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

That's the Dortmund guy not Schalke

MD1990 wrote: »
    I would say he is atm. As Messi doesn't dribble as much as he used too when he was playing on the wing. Cuadrado was outstanding for Fiorentina last year. One of the most exciting players to watch in world football imo.

Wow. Was not aware he was at that level tbh. Good chance he will get a 'big move' after his performances at the world cup too then I would imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

if he wasnt good enough to make the greece squad. why the hell were we in for him?

True but he did say that Tommy V and RVP had some sort of close friendship or something, I honestly have no idea about that as I'm a pool fan myself. You could ver ywell be right about that tho, time wil tell. Were those 3 his last 3 CB signings tho, I believe his last 3 were Mert, Kosh and Squillaci! :D Before those 3 was Tommy V and the return of Sol Campbell, Silvestre not to mention the likes of Senderos and Djourou before them...
    They were the last ones he signed to start, Squillaci (up there with Wenger's worst ever signings) was signed as 4th choice, as was Silvestre if I recall correctly, which is never going to be a big recipe for success.

Djourou was a good prospect who didn't make it, same with Senderos (who was given far too much game time).

I've no idea if RVP and Vermaelen are big buddies. I don't think it would matter. If Utd want him Vermaelen will definitely want to leave to get game time, I just don't think we'd let him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

MarkY91 wrote: »
    if he wasnt good enough to make the greece squad. why the hell were we in for him?

Think he had a doggy knee and had to have surgery.

Edit: Going by wiki, he also injured his shoulder shortly after returning from the knee injury. (good replacement for Agger)

• Advertisement

MarkY91 wrote: »

Injuries one after another like Yesil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

ah right. i wasnt aware of his injuries!

I know it's caughtoffside so I'll just leave it here anyway for a laugh.

Exclusive: Liverpool Ready to Accept £90m Real Madrid Bid for Luis Suarez..
    Florentino Perez fearful that La Liga rivals Barcelona are also interested in the former Ajax man and is therefore ready to sanction an offer that will rule the Nou Camp side out of the running.
    http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/06/29/exclusive-liverpool-set-to-accept-90m-real-madrid-bid-for-luis-suarez/

All I can say is Bidding war please!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/06/29/exclusive-liverpool-set-to-accept-90m-real-madrid-bid-for-luis-suarez/

Just waiting for spurs to nip in and rob him!

Ah feck I just got Suarez's name on my jersey and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

A bidding war?? No thanks. I don't want the mad bastard fella going anywhere.

A bidding war?? No thanks. I don't want the mad bastard going anywhere.

None of do.

But I do think it's only a matter of time now. So if he is to go let him go for a lot of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Got a laugh out of that, but not sure I agree. If a good player plus obscene money was offered, take it.

Love him as much as I do, he's too much of a risk and you just know he'll get a season long ban the next time he even mistimes a tackle simple because it's him.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Caught Offside ??

Then he's gone already lads, they know their shtuff .:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

This. I really want to see us with Suarez in the CL. So he's a little bitey, meh, I'm over it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement