Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,321 ✭✭✭ratracer

Augmerson wrote: »
    Ah feck I just got Suarez's name on my jersey and all.

Is it a barca or a real jersey you got?? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Got a laugh out of that, but not sure I agree. If a good player plus obscene money was offered, take it.

Love him as much as I do, he's too much of a risk and you just know he'll get a season long ban the next time he even mistimes a tackle simple because it's him.

Aye...it's a worry alright and tbh I'm slightly torn on him staying or going. I can't seem to make up my mind. Atm I want him to stay tho.

Could be different tomorrow tho...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

ratracer wrote: »

MK Dons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

T-K-O wrote: »
    This. I really want to see us with Suarez in the CL. So he's a little bitey, meh, I'm over it.

It's so bloody annoying that after fighting so hard to get us there he'll miss half the group games. Unless an appeal changes that. Doubt it will tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

This. I really want to see us with Suarez in the CL. So he's a little bitey, meh, I'm over it.

Will your attitude change if Suarez has another fcukup and ends up with anything like a year ban.
    That's when Liverpool will be really screwed. If he does something mental it will probably cost Liverpool CL that season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Will your attitude change if Suarez has another fcukup and ends up with anything like a year ban.
    That's when Liverpool will be really screwed. If he does something mental it will probably cost Liverpool CL that season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Aye...it's a worry alright and tbh I'm slightly torn on him staying or going. I can't seem to make up my mind. Atm I want him to stay tho.

Could be different tomorrow tho...

Well, we've been here before. Owen left? We got Torres. Torres left? We got Luis. Luis leaves...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Hidalgo wrote: »

He has already done something mental, *3.

Ideal scenario for me, he stays for another season on his best behaviour & form working towards a move next summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭bitemeluis

How many champions league games is he out for?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Well, we've been here before. Owen left? We got Torres. Torres left? We got Luis. Luis leaves...?

We get Moses!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

bitemeluis wrote: »
    How many champions league games is he out for?

Three.

Thats not so bad - theres usually a rubbish team in each group - win that and a draw in at least one of the other two - sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Thats not so bad - theres usually a rubbish team in each group - win that and a draw in at least one of the other two - sorted

That could be us this season ;) with our ranking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

He has already done something mental, *3.

Ideal scenario for me, he stays for another season on his best behaviour & form working towards a move next summer.

Past experience (significant bans in each of the last 4 seasons) suggest he will repeat offend.

I think there are some heads in sand with regards to the Suarez situation.

He stays - we get 75% of a season out of him, max. Best case scenario he keeps his cool, scores lots of goals to get us into the CL and he probably moves on next summer for more money than we'd get now.
    Worst case scenario - he gets another ban (a longer one), wants to leave next summer anyway and his value has depreciated further.

I think we are looking at one more season max from Suarez, I really believe that. If he stays, he is going to want to leave next year.

If, and it's a big if, we could get a replacement as good as Sanchez, then it's good business in my book.

Sanchez is no Suarez (but he is two years younger and might have the potential to be in Suarez's class). But Sanchez for a full season next year might be preferable to Suarez for 3/4 of it. Throw in a significant sum of money on top of that and it becomes more tempting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

We were three years replacing Owen, with a few duds in between.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Fieldog wrote: »

INEVITABLE

NEGOTIATING

AGREED

INEVITABLE

NEGOTIATING

AGREED

Typical United fans liking it in my feed... :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

INEVITABLE

NEGOTIATING

AGREED

the capitals are frightening here, must be more true

All this Suarez stuff is a godsend for Rooney - we've already forgotten how crap he was at the world cup

• Advertisement

Past experience (significant bans in each of the last 4 seasons) suggest he will repeat offend.

I think there are some heads in sand with regards to the Suarez situation.

He stays - we get 75% of a season out of him, max. Best case scenario he keeps his cool, scores lots of goals to get us into the CL and he probably moves on next summer for more money than we'd get now.
    Worst case scenario - he gets another ban (a longer one), wants to leave next summer anyway and his value has depreciated further.

I think we are looking at one more season max from Suarez, I really believe that. If he stays, he is going to want to leave next year.

If, and it's a big if, we could get a replacement as good as Sanchez, then it's good business in my book.

Sanchez is no Suarez (but he is two years younger and might have the potential to be in Suarez's class). But Sanchez for a full season next year might be preferable to Suarez for 3/4 of it. Throw in a significant sum of money on top of that and it becomes more tempting.

That's what I'm saying.

If Barca / Real are dragging their heels,hang up the phone.

IF we can get Sanchez & 50 million, I would be happy enough with that. However, not getting to see LFC & Suarez in the CL will be disappointing.

All this Suarez stuff is a godsend for Rooney - we've already forgotten how crap he was at the world cup

Godsend for England in general.

Hodgson escaping with his job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Anyone else see the made up story today about United wanting kuyt? Best bs story of the summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Would be a big mistake to sell Suarez. Might be a nutter but you just cant replace a world class talent like that even if we buy in some very good players with the money. Find it hard to believe we will be as good next season without him. Nightmare scenario Barca sell Sanchez to Arsenal or Man U to fund a Suarez bid. Liverpool should be adamant that no Suarez deal happens unless Sanchez is included.

Granted the player has to agree as well. Which might be the sticking point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I don't think I could deal with Suarez leaving. I mean, it's been a while since we've had a player of his talent at the club..he's literally the difference between 4th place and challenging for the title imo. That's the kind of player he is + I love watching him nuts a few players and the passion he plays with :D

Would be a big mistake to sell Suarez. Might be a nutter but you just cant replace a world class talent like that even if we buy in some very good players with the money. Find it hard to believe we will be as good next season without him. Nightmare scenario Barca sell Sanchez to Arsenal or Man U to fund a Suarez bid. Liverpool should be adamant that no Suarez deal happens unless Sanchez is included.

Granted the player has to agree as well. Which might be the sticking point.

Fixed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

I don't think I could deal with Suarez leaving. I mean, it's been a while since we've had a player of his talent at the club..he's literally the difference between 4th place and challenging for the title imo. That's the kind of player he is + I love watching him nuts a few players and the passion he plays with :D

Agreed. For me, what I love about Suarez, even more than the fact that he simple makes the team better, is the sheer joy of watching this lad play football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Torres wasn't far away before he moved to Chelsea, in terms of number of goals score at least plus he had less suspensions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

I felt the same when rush left for juventus mind you I was only 10/11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Fowler, when he left a piece of me died.
    Carried us as a teenager.
    That game against Arsenal when he got three in five minutes, jebus wept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Would hate to see Suarez go but we need a guy who can actually do preseason with us :P

I'm hoping Sturridge and Lambert can fill the void until then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Another thing to look at with Suarez is how is it affecting the moral of the squad.

If it is having a negative effect then this will also play a part in what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

gimli2112 wrote: »

4 mins 33... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Kolido wrote: »
    Torres wasn't far away before he moved to Chelsea, in terms of number of goals score at least plus he had less suspensions.

Both Torres and Fowler weren't great when they left. Luis is at his absolute peak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

The biggest issue for me is that luis is not bending over and taking what he deserves,he thinks it aint so bad..harsh ban etc..after his 3rd offence remember. He has not learned at all,if he admitted he was wrong,committed himself to get help psycologicly then there would be a.more brighter outlook for him,might even get a reduced ban on appeal..

Without doubt one of the elite players in world football,but a complete liability with his attitude to his offences.

But we cant replace him,so i still dont wanna see him leave,ensure he gets help and hope it dosent take the manic desire to win/score away from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

barone wrote: »
    The biggest issue for me is that luis is not bending over and taking what he deserves,he thinks it aint so bad..harsh ban etc..after his 3rd offence remember. He has not learned at all,if he admitted he was wrong,committed himself to get help psycologicly then there would be a.more brighter outlook for him,might even get a reduced ban on appeal..

He hasn't accepted what he has done is wrong. Anyone can see it, the world outside Uruguay can see it. If he had done it in a red shirt you can be guaranteed he would be aware of it already.

And this is biggest issue for me, just exactly who is giving him this advice. At Anfield, Rodgers, Ayre and the rest would put him in no doubt how bad it was and that he was in the wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Kolido wrote: »

Fewer suspensions but a lot more time on the medics table. I'd rather a player suspended and able to play when it ends than one who is broken and every comeback has an air of trepidation while we wait and see if the player recovers properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

ratracer wrote: »

I'm tempted to get chewie no. 7 on the back of mine .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Any word on Llanana then, papers said he'd sign today.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

It's funny how Suarez desperately wants Champions League football when he's never around to play in the bloody competition.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Why are you friends with Man U fans? :pac:

I am married to one! Sometimes, it's unavoidable...

I'm tempted to get chewie no. 7 on the back of mine .

Who will our next #7 be? Do you think Sanchez would like it, or should we offer it to Sterling??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Dickerty wrote: »
    Who will our next #7 be? Do you think Sanchez would like it, or should we offer it to Sterling??

Ah sure who ever gets the jersey I can just nickname said player chewie and it's all good .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Dickerty wrote: »
    I am married to one! Sometimes, it's unavoidable...

No diggity.

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    No diggity.

No doubt! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Coates faster than Cristiano Ronaldo according to FIFA stats at the World Cup :pac:

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/statistics/players/distance.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Papadopolous(spelling?) is the best player we never signed.
    Won me €50 quid last night in the Greece game and he wasn't even in the squad.
    I put a euro on him to score at 50/1 and he scored the equaliser. I usually never gamble but when I do, I get the players all mixed up.

They have been a lot quieter the last year or so.... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Just looking at the tabloid transfer news for Spurs. It's ridiculous how many of our targets they're after. I no longer find this funny!

North London rivals Arsenal and Tottenham are preparing bids for Álvaro Moratal, the Real Madrid forward, after Juventus launched a final offer of £16m for the 21-year-old. (Daily Express)
    Tottenham are keen to sign defender Dejan Lovren, 24, from Southampton. The Croatia international also interests Liverpool. (Mirror)
    Liverpool and Tottenham are on course to engage in a summer battle for Real Madrid left-back Marcelo. (Daily Star)
    Sunderland defender John O'Shea is happy to stay on Wearside despite speculation linking him with Spurs. (Sunderland Echo)
    Tottenham are set to gatecrash Liverpool's £15m deal for Southampton star Dejan Lovren. (Daily Star)
    Hull City are preparing to seal the £8m transfer of Jake Livermore from White Hart Lane. (Hull Daily Mail)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement