Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Vicxas wrote: »
    Would hate to see Suarez go but we need a guy who can actually do preseason with us :P

I'm hoping Sturridge and Lambert can fill the void until then.

Oh god the reality of that is painful.

I hope to god we keep hold of Suarez. People wanting him gone are crazy imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Just looking at the tabloid transfer news for Spurs. It's ridiculous how many of our targets they're after. I no longer find this funny!

North London rivals Arsenal and Tottenham are preparing bids for Álvaro Moratal, the Real Madrid forward, after Juventus launched a final offer of £16m for the 21-year-old. (Daily Express)
    Tottenham are keen to sign defender Dejan Lovren, 24, from Southampton. The Croatia international also interests Liverpool. (Mirror)
    Liverpool and Tottenham are on course to engage in a summer battle for Real Madrid left-back Marcelo. (Daily Star)
    Sunderland defender John O'Shea is happy to stay on Wearside despite speculation linking him with Spurs. (Sunderland Echo)
    Tottenham are set to gatecrash Liverpool's £15m deal for Southampton star Dejan Lovren. (Daily Star)
    Hull City are preparing to seal the £8m transfer of Jake Livermore from White Hart Lane. (Hull Daily Mail)

It' s not that surprising, seeing as you seem to be shopping at similar budget levels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

So hipster buddy (he doesn't support anyone just loves the game, whatever that means) tells me Origi would be a very good signing. Huge potential, he is not a centre forward though plays best from the left of a front 3, but he could be ala Sturridge. Very much a cross between Sterling and Sturridge, lots of pace and can dribble. Decent finisher nothing amazing.

Tall, strong, fast he has it all in his locker, tactically and defensively he is poor but he is 19 that can be thought, you only have to look at Sterling.

Very low risk signing he was saying due to him been Belgian and has been capped. Worse case scenario you get your money back if he doesn't make the grade. Right time to buy him, could cost a lot more next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Coates faster than Cristiano Ronaldo according to FIFA stats at the World Cup :pac:

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/statistics/players/distance.html

1 game for 2 mins - that was his speed running on as a sub!

Serge Aurier 2nd overall, he did his reputation no harm, was CDI's bets player and hugely impressive for a 21 year old. Played with no fear.

Would be amazed if he doesn't appear in the PL this summer - both ourselves and Arsenal need a RB?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

rob316 wrote: »
    So hipster buddy (he doesn't support anyone just loves the game, whatever that means) tells me Origi would be a very good signing. Huge potential, he is not a centre forward though plays best from the left of a front 3, but he could be ala Sturridge. Very much a cross between Sterling and Sturridge, lots of pace and can dribble. Decent finisher nothing amazing.

Tall, strong, fast he has it all in his locker, tactically and defensively he is poor but he is 19 that can be thought, you only have to look at Sterling.

Very low risk signing he was saying due to him been Belgian and has been capped. Worse case scenario you get your money back if he doesn't make the grade. Right time to buy him, could cost a lot more next year.

havent seen all that much of the guy, but from the clips i have seen, his best work seems to come from out left. Scout nation has listed "crossing" as one of his weaknesses, which I think is great. Shows his preference for cutting inside and taking people on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

IK09 wrote: »
    havent seen all that much of the guy, but from the clips i have seen, his best work seems to come from out left. Scout nation has listed "crossing" as one of his weaknesses, which I think is great. Shows his preference for cutting inside and taking people on.

Ryan Babel says hello :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Knex. wrote: »

Christ what a waste he was, again he looked like he had it all except a brain:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Surely he would rap some sort of introduction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

:pac: as i wrote it, he was the first person who popped into my head. They actually have quite similar body types.

Team I used to play for a few years ago nicknamed me, "Babel", for my tendency to run past 4 or 5 players and then hammer the ball over the bar.

I was great.

• Advertisement

Almost Bigfoot levels of ratity on this footage, a great Babel goal -

Team I used to play for a few years ago nicknamed me, "Babel", for my tendency to run past 4 or 5 players and then hammer the ball over the bar.

I was great.

Tell the truth.

It's because you hijack helicopters on deadline day and lead Jim White on a merry dance

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I was great.

name change is in order now :P

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Tell the truth.

It's because you hijack helicopters on deadline day and lead Jim White on a merry dance

:D

Unfortunately, the extent of my experience with helicopters is a flash game whereby I routinely failed to avoid the pillars, thus blowing the chopper up.

I was great.

I was known as Konchesky's and Poulson's illegitimate love-child.

Unfortunately, the extent of my experience with helicopters is a flash game whereby I routinely failed to avoid the pillars, thus blowing the chopper up.

[ARNIE]GET TO THE CHOPPER!!![/ARNIE]

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

You forgot to mention that time you impersonated a helicopter in a club one night to get the shift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Kind of gone under the radar and probably expected.

Michael Ngoo & Stephen Sama were released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Kind of gone under the radar and probably expected.

Michael Ngoo & Stephen Sama were released.

No big shock there..

• Advertisement

Doesnt the transfer window open offically tomorrow?

Can ( pun kinda meant ) we expect some leaning pictures from Can and Lallana then I wonder.

Maybe throw in a few more of Lambert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Lallana should be announcement today from what I've heard and been reading.

Doesnt the transfer window open offically tomorrow?

Can ( pun kinda meant ) we expect some leaning pictures from Can and Lallana then I wonder.

Maybe throw in a few more of Lambert.

Yup it does, maybe we will have Can, Lallana, Lambert and Sanchez (with chewie luis hiding in the background) on the pitch together for photos :P

Sanchez really would be a dream signing.

if we somehow got him and kept Suarez, that would obviously be orgasmic, but if he is the replacement for Luis, along with a big chunk of change, that's something that I could ultimately deal with.

he would destroy 70% of the defences in the Premier League IMO.

SlickRic wrote: »

if we somehow got him and kept Suarez, that would obviously be orgasmic, but if he is the replacement for Luis, along with a big chunk of change, that's something that I could ultimately deal with.

Yep - let's imagine we didn't have Suarez either way, and were working with Sturridge, Coutinho and Sterling, he'll be a huge addition. But we also have Borini and Lambert, and for now, we DO have Suarez...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Dickerty wrote: »
    Yep - let's imagine we didn't have Suarez either way, and were working with Sturridge, Coutinho and Sterling, he'll be a huge addition. But we also have Borini and Lambert, and for now, we DO have Suarez...

No Suarez is gone. He will not play for Liverpool again which is a pity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

joe123 wrote: »
    Oh god the reality of that is painful.

I hope to god we keep hold of Suarez. People wanting him gone are crazy imo.
    I'm struggling to remember anyone on this thread that wants him gone:confused:

However, a fairly large number reckon the risk of him re-offending and getting a huge ban is high enough that a good offer would be a good one to take if a player of the caliber of Sanchez was brought in to replace him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

The president of Uruguay called Fifa " Old sons of ******* " ?

I love that guy from Uruguay

There's a few that want him gone alright. Was the same last summer

Red Pepper wrote: »
    No Suarez is gone. He will not play for Liverpool again which is a pity.

I think you are right, but I don't think we would replace with Suarez and pocket the difference. Lallala was coming in anyway. So maybe the extra attacking body is Origi, and the extra money goes on closing out Moreno, and Hummels of course...

Lads worse case scenario, we can reloan Moses. So that's 39 goals right there.

• Advertisement

Odds on signing Sanchez and him biting someone in his first game.

Galvanized
    Solidarity
    Do it for Luis

The president of Uruguay called Fifa " Old sons of ******* " ?

I love that guy from Uruguay

Yeah they are doing Liverpool great favours.

FIFA will be rushing out to reduce the ban on appeal

The ban ain't getting reduced. Fifa are going to stick to their guns on this. He just said what everyone thinks in general.

The Prez rules in my book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

The ban ain't getting reduced. Fifa are going to stick to their guns on this. He just said what everyone thinks in general.

The Prez rules in my book.

Kind of took my eye off the Suarez case since, but can the ban be extended should the appeal fail?

i was one of these.

not this summer.

i know full well that i'm fickle enough to be cheering for him if he stays and does the business from November. there's no point in pretending any different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Why are a few of us so sure Suarez is gone? has John Henry or Rodgers said something I've not seen?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭ronjo

SlickRic wrote: »

Seems both Arsenal and Liverpool fans desperately want to sign him.

Will the disppointed set of fans trot out the "overrated, overpriced and he only went there for the cash" line? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

According to the telegraph . Kosovan hajvalia are offering to take Suarez on loan for four months . They aren't under fifas durisdiction .

Corvo wrote: »
    Kind of took my eye off the Suarez case since, but can the ban be extended should the appeal fail?

I don't know if FIFA would do that.

In other news

The Telegraph, following a report first written in Kosovo’s daily Sport Plus, are reporting how Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has an offer on the table to play football during his four month FIFA ban.

Kosovo are yet to gain full membership to FIFA, and in light of that fact Superleague side Hajvalia have made a cheeky offer to sign the Uruguayan superstar on loan.

Hajvalia, who came 6th last season, are willing to offer Liverpool €30,000 to loan Suarez, while the striker himself is being offering a pay-packet of £1200 a week.

Hajvalia director Xhavit Pacolli told Sport Plus:

Suarez can’t play in the next four months.

As we are not part of FIFA yet, I think he can play in Kosovo, so we have an offer that we will send to Liverpool.

This is the maximum we can offer. We offered €30,000 and a salary of €1500 for each month.

This might sound ridiculous to him, but that is all we can do. If he is willing to come and play for us, he is welcome. As we are not part of Fifa, it would be ideal for him.

:pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

ronjo wrote: »
    Seems both Arsenal and Liverpool fans desperately want to sign him.

Will the disppointed set of fans trot out the "overrated, overpriced and he only went there for the cash" line? :pac:
    I definitely won't if Liverpool sign him.

I'll probably trot out the "bit of a downgrade from Suarez though" line, however :D

• Advertisement

Guess who's back !

BrYSKXhIYAA10by.jpg:medium

He's back and all is well again!
    BrYSKS6IEAAEn-r.jpg:large
    BrYSK6QIMAAV75Y.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

According to the telegraph . Kosovan hajvalia are offering to take Suarez on loan for four months . They aren't under fifas durisdiction .

My five a side team isn't under FIFAs jurisdiction either and we'd happily have Luis Suarez on loan for four months too. It's in Suarezs best interests that he comes and plays with us rather than flying all the way to Kosovo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Didnt realise that was Kuyts 100th cap for Holland yesterday. What a man.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/165536-kuyt-celebrates-national-landmark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I don't get too bothered by these things tbh, wait and see what happens and deal with it then.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

gafferino wrote: »
    Didnt realise that was Kuyts 100th cap for Holland yesterday. What a man.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/165536-kuyt-celebrates-national-landmark

And he was brilliant.

Would have been handy to have around the place the past couple of years. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Thud

thought he was dead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

He's back and all is well again!

just like a new signing that.
    If he stays fit the left back spot's sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

woodyg wrote: »
    just like a new signing that.
    If he stays fit the left back spot's sorted.

I really think we need an upgrade on him and cover as well.

Why do some people think that one person per position is enough and ignore quality?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

murpho999 wrote: »
    I really think we need an upgrade on him and cover as well.

Why do some people think that one person per position is enough and ignore quality?

we have cover at both right and left back and he's a very good left back
    if not for injury he would have been in the spain squad for the world cup
    money needs to be spent in other areas of the team

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement