Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Buying players after 1 game?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/world-cup/luis-suarez-lawyer-flies-to-rio-to-present-bite-defence-and-says-his-client-is-being-targeted-30384658.html

Suarez's lawyer Alejandro Balbi, who is also a Uruguay FA board member, has travelled to Rio de Janeiro to defend the Liverpool striker and has suggested there is a European campaign against him led by England and Italy. .............................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Buying players after 1 game?

Clubs would never do that.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

CSKA would be a pain in the hole to deal with.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

So has Reina returned to Anfield?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

gafferino wrote: »
    Really? I was sure he has spouted some stuff over the last season or two that didn't happen.

He seemed certain of it so I would say there is a good chance it will happen . I can't see thommo spouting nonsense over such a big name player .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/world-cup/luis-suarez-lawyer-flies-to-rio-to-present-bite-defence-and-says-his-client-is-being-targeted-30384658.html

Suarez's lawyer Alejandro Balbi, who is also a Uruguay FA board member, has travelled to Rio de Janeiro to defend the Liverpool striker and has suggested there is a European campaign against him led by England and Italy. .............................

The paranoia angel might play well with FIFA!
    So has Reina returned to Anfield?

He will do after his holliers, no one wants him. Barca have signed a back up keeper today I think, Atletico have a stopper lined up. Napoli clearly not that interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭MacBizzle

mike65 wrote: »
    He will do after his holliers, no one wants him. Barca have signed a back up keeper today I think, Atletico have a stopper lined up. Napoli clearly not that interested.

We really should move him on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Dickerty wrote: »
    But that was a one-off, in the last game of a sterling career.

It wasnt though Zidane had been sent off for headbutting before (wasnt it in his last game for Real), stamping etc and got numerous reds throughout his career
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoP04d72rkw

https://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060711040148AAYArcE

Sorry didnt see this was posted above

Suggestions it'll be treated the same as spitting which would mean 6 games. With his history could see it doubled. Making it international could depend on the English FA's willingness to do it imo, which isn't going to be a problem.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

K-9 wrote: »
    Suggestions it'll be treated the same as spitting which would mean 6 games. With his history could see it doubled. Making it international could depend on the English FA's willingness to do it imo, which isn't going to be a problem.

The FA getting involved and banning him from domestic competition opens up a legal minefield.

The FA getting involved and banning him from domestic competition opens up a legal minefield.

Yeah, but it would be Fifa doing the banning and they seem to think they can do it, precedent or not. Put it this way, the FA will hardly protest about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Relation of his wife?
    mike65 wrote: »
    The paranoia angel might play well with FIFA!

Yeah, apparently all the criticism of the Qatar WC is nothing to do with corruption allegations, unplayable conditions and literally people dying and everything to do with everyone being racist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Get in Blatter's ear about how it's an English media/English FA conspiracy and they're laughing.

K-9 wrote: »
    Yeah, but it would be Fifa doing the banning and they seem to think they can do it, precedent or not. Put it this way, the FA will hardly protest about it.

The club should be well within their right to protest it though, they released their player to play in the tournament, they shouldn't suffer any repercussions of his alleged behaviour out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

While I'm not for selling him because of this or any such measure, I do think the club should discipline him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

This talk of sanchez is very exciting. Phil thompson wouldnt make it up out of thin air so there must at least be interest. I find it hard to believe it could be a done deal with sanchez in brazil and the media catching very little wind of it, i really want to believe it though.

Fescue wrote: »
    While I'm not for selling him because of this or any such measure, I do think the club should discipline him.

Why though?

At times like this we need to have a whip around between the regulars on here, take over the team and reinstate some common sense and class to the club.:pac:

Would be something else if we had the 4 S's, Coutinho and Borini as front 3 options, a few years ago it was Torres and N'Gog! I'd imagine if we pushed it true it might mean no Llanana unless we've serious bucks or Suarez is swapped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Why though?

At times like this we need to have a whip around between the regulars on here, take over the team and reinstate some common sense and class to the club.:pac:

Well after the hilarity of the whole thing subsided, I did think to myself, this isn't really very good from Suarez. The club shouldn't just ignore the whole thing.

A fine and some anger management type counselling. Nothing drastic but they should do something appropriate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

MR NINE wrote: »
    This talk of sanchez is very exciting. Phil thompson wouldnt make it up out of thin air so there must at least be interest. I find it hard to believe it could be a done deal with sanchez in brazil and the media catching very little wind of it, i really want to believe it though.

Not sure I'm going to get excited yet. Thommo basically said he'd heard it from some journalists who had good links at an field so he hasn't exactly said he's seen the ink drying on the contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Don't get excited about Sanchez joining. Remember Willian, Salah, Mkhitaryan & Konoplyanka. Ian Ayre is not good at closing deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Can someone give me a link to Nuri's hits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Fourth.

You just can't let an opportunity to slag Arsenal pass,can you?

:D

Seriously, there must have been some amount of collective wtf's at Melwood this morning, plus at FSG!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Better angle on the incident here. Really clarifies it...

https://vine.co/v/MtHFg7EPnni

I see Viking Direct were called in to help out over in the Suarez thread. Where should one begin reading it, no way I'm going through 17 pages?
    Or is it even worth looking at?

You just can't let an opportunity to slag Arsenal pass,can you?

:D

Wow....you getting tat from my post says more about you than me.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I see Viking Direct were called in to help out over in the Suarez thread. Where should one begin reading it, no way I'm going through 17 pages?

It's not worth your time - I'm a little mad at myself for bothering with it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

x43r0 wrote: »
    It's not worth your time - I'm a little mad at myself for bothering with it
    Ahh come on. Its a comedy classic. Every page a winner:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

it's locked now, hopefully we dont get too much dribble though in here.

LFC should definitely have him in before a shrink, he obviously is handling pressure situations in some pretty bizarre ways. Fix his falty wiring and he'll be more inclined to stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I am pie wrote: »
    it's locked now, hopefully we dont get too much dribble though in here.

LFC should definitely have him in before a shrink, he obviously is handling pressure situations in some pretty bizarre ways. Fix his falty wiring and he'll be more inclined to stay.

Get the club psychiatrist out to Brazil pronto....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Sounds like a job for...

copy_of_screen_shot_2013-06-28_at_17.46.53.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I'm trying to make my way through it at the moment.

Hard work,man...hard work indeed.

Posters I didn't think it was possible to hate any more than I already do have sent me on to brand new levels of hate.

Levels of hate that are kinda scaring me.

WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?

Posters I didn't think it was possible to hate any more than I already do have sent me on to brand new levels of hate.

WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?

Bite them.

• Advertisement

WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?

Ah the match thread was getting to me and even in here at times, so maybe I'll stay away from that thread.
    Some of the stuff can be so frustrating to read and the responses to it can be worse. It's mind boggling the lengths people will go to over a fairly meaningless subject.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I gotta say, I enjoyed the sh1t out of my card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Bite them.

I'd say some of them are in 7th heaven today after what happened with Suarez. Made their season.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

A beaut from Shaqiri to open the scoring.

Cissokho just Chelleine'd a player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Sakho a lucky boy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Shaqiri with a blinder of an opener.

Ah lads, we are the worse! Cissokho at it in the French game, lucky it was only a vicious elbow to the face.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Bite from Suarez, elbow from Sakho. Lots of positive press for LFC players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭egghead.

Ah lads, we are the worse! Cissokho at it in the French game, lucky it was only a vicious elbow to the face.

He plays for Newcastle.

It's was Sakho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

First thing first, ya sap, is to start using the 40 posts per page feature.

Bloody noob.

egghead. wrote: »
    He plays for Newcastle.

It's was Sakho.

No he was on loan at Liverpool last season and plays left back but is covering at cb for France.

Knex. wrote: »
    First thing first, ya sap, is to start using the 40 posts per page feature.

Bloody noob.

I can only put up with so much shoite per page.

Lol, but seriously I thought I had mine at forty per page, I'll check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭egghead.

No he was on loan at Liverpool last season and plays left back but is covering at cb for France.

I think you may be wrong on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

egghead. wrote: »
    I think you may be wrong on this one.

You're embarrassing yourself now pal. It's defo Aly playing CB for France.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement