Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 *mod warning linked in OP 26/07*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    And he was brilliant.

Would have been handy to have around the place the past couple of years. :(

he was absolutely magnificent yesterday.

he played 3 or 4 different positions, and didn't really put a foot wrong in any of them.

he's still underrated by so many fans, including Liverpool ones, which I find both astounding and depressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Rodgers on SSN now, talking about bringing in new players and hes by no way done :)

Refused to talk about Suarez though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭0028673

The latest on Assaidi.. Looks like we're still playing hardball on his valuation.

No harm in it :D

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28090791

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

We paid about £4 Million?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

K-9 wrote: »
    We paid about £4 Million?

just gave a quick glance at Wikipedia and £2.4m is what we paid for him...

anything in excess of £5m is exceptional business..

But than again the market these days is mad :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

0028673 wrote: »
    just gave a quick glance at Wikipedia and £2.4m is what we paid for him...

anything in excess of £5m is exceptional business..

But than again the market these days is mad :)

It has to be the TV money. Everyone knows the Premier League got a huge lift in the tv cash. Some of the prices make no sense. I know it's not a premier league team but who told PSG David Luiz was worth £50M? Can't get over that one but the £ paid for Shaw and Llalana (not even close with that spelling) are significantly inflated.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

niallo27 wrote: »

Pretty ****ty thing to do. Personally wouldn't have left them parked up near the stadium like that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It has to be the TV money. Everyone knows the Premier League got a huge lift in the tv cash. Some of the prices make no sense. I know it's not a premier league team but who told PSG David Luiz was worth £50M? Can't get over that one but the £ paid for Shaw and Llalana (not even close with that spelling) are significantly inflated.

It's exactly the TV money. when sellers know a buyer has a pocket full of cash they hold out for a premium price. Assiadi is a great example. If a Championship club came looking for Asisadi and there were no premier league bidders LFC would probably be happy to sell for £3m to get their money back. The fact it's Stoke who are in the PL means LFC know they can hold out for a higher price. Unfortunately the same applies when LFC go fishing for a player. As soon the the selling club know its LFC the price goes up. It's normal market rules.

Ben

I'm glad to see the Club are trying to squeeze as much as they can from this deal..

We've been very soft in the past. Leaving Kuyt go for €1m still irks me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Only one person is evil enough to steal those bikes... Goddamnit Luis!! I reckon he gets 2 more months for this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

First pic of Adam Llama in a Liverpool jersey :p

BrYeW3wCYAAyFih.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

I don't know if FIFA would do that.

In other news

:pac::D

Pretty smart way of getting your teams name in papers all over the world :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Leaving Kuyt go for €1m still irks me!

I think he had a €1m release clause in his contract as it entered the final year or something like that. At the time there was a lot of uncertainty around the club and he was the wrong side of 30 so the club actually did the right thing by him by honouring the release clause. Even if he didn't have a release clause he was entering the last year of his contract was no longer a starter, was on big wages and could leave for free within 12 months so either way LFC were never going to get much for him in terms of a transfer fee.

Same will be the case with Reina. His huge wages will prevent anyone from paying a transfer fee. In fact we'll be doing well to get him off the books without having to subsidise the transfer ourselves!!!

Ben

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

I'm glad to see the Club are trying to squeeze as much as they can from this deal..

We've been very soft in the past. Leaving Kuyt go for €1m still irks me!

He had a clause for it and wanted to leave, loyal hard working players should have their wishes granted in the latter stages of their careers like that.

sakho isint fit enough to start for france so koscielny starts instead.

Transfer season is about to kick off

Arda is linked to us again.

This makes me sad because we will never sign him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Transfer season is about to kick off

Arda is linked to us again.

This makes me sad because we will never sign him.

At this stage, even the hacks need to move on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

That's almost as impressive as my Ricky Lamb-Bear

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Knex. wrote: »
    Team I used to play for a few years ago nicknamed me, "Babel", for my tendency to run past 4 or 5 players and then hammer the ball over the bar.

I was great.

Strangely enough a few months ago we had a few lads join us for our weekly kickabout in work as we were short a few lads. They all said I looked like suarez, i told them they needed glasses haha

• Advertisement

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Strangely enough a few months ago we had a few lads join us for our weekly kickabout in work as we were short a few lads. They all said I looked like suarez, i told them they needed glasses haha

Next time you are playing, bring some wind-up novelty teeth and bite someone! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Dickerty wrote: »
    Next time you are playing, bring some wind-up novelty teeth and bite someone! :D

I don't know about the rest of ye but I have been playing a few friendly indoor & outdoor games recently and there are lads trying to bite other lads in every match. Messing of course and all good fun.

Red Pepper wrote: »
    I don't know about the rest of ye but I have been playing a few friendly indoor & outdoor games recently and there are lads trying to bite other lads in every match. Messing of course and all good fun.

A lot more fun than playing with your mates after the Rudi Voller v Frank Rijkaard incident...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

BenThere wrote: »
    I think he had a €1m release clause in his contract as it entered the final year or something like that. At the time there was a lot of uncertainty around the club and he was the wrong side of 30 so the club actually did the right thing by him by honouring the release clause. Even if he didn't have a release clause he was entering the last year of his contract was no longer a starter, was on big wages and could leave for free within 12 months so either way LFC were never going to get much for him in terms of a transfer fee.

Same will be the case with Reina. His huge wages will prevent anyone from paying a transfer fee. In fact we'll be doing well to get him off the books without having to subsidise the transfer ourselves!!!

Ben

I loved Kuyt but he was on borrowed time with us. The remit from the top of the club was young players, low wages. You cant say he would have fit into our playing style last year either.

He was right to move on and the club were right to let him go for so little. Great honest pro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Dickerty wrote: »
    A lot more fun than playing with your mates after the Rudi Voller v Frank Rijkaard incident...

Or Schumacher v Battiston...

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Always try and recreate the Van Persie/Williams incident with people I don't like. No fatalities ........yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I was sent off in an U-13's game for what later turned out to be similar to the Hazard-Ballboy incident whereby I took a run up and swing at the ball which had already been smothered by the keeper on the ground

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Reports are saying that we'll loan Origi back to Lille for the coming season. Long-term, I'm sure he'll be a good prospect but spending 14 million on a player that won't be added to our squad for another year bothers me a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Jako8 wrote: »
    Reports are saying that we'll loan Origi back to Lille for the coming season. Long-term, I'm sure he'll be a good prospect but spending 14 million on a player that won't be added to our squad for another year bothers me a bit.
    He would get more game time at Lille, hopefully developing further than he would with us, the club wouldn't have to pay his wages I'd imagine so, despite the fee, it's a good deal that also keeps him out of rivals hands. I think there's more positives than negatives to that potential deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

No Sakho? Is he injured?

I dont agree with it either but It's the way football has gone tbh. We don't buy him this season and Chelsea will buy him next season and loan him out for a few seasons before selling him without ever having played a game for them.

Then buy him back for twice the price

Vicxas wrote: »
    No Sakho? Is he injured?

Punishment for the elbow??

Can't see him being dropped for Koshoweveryouspellitny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Victor Moses will probably be man of the match here, just to annoy us all some more

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Victor Moses will probably be man of the match here, just to annoy us all some more

He's saving his 19 goals for the knockouts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Hello

• Advertisement

Hello

Is there anybody out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Invertpyramid

Is it me you're looking for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Moses is comedy gold.

10421133_842831765741893_211807401883552271_n.png

10421133_842831765741893_211807401883552271_n.png

That's better than the other joke anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Didn't someone say a couple of days ago the Barca wouldn't make a move unless Suarez apologised?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

from his official fb page too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

It was reported 2 days ago that Barca want Suarez to apologise to Chiellini or they won't sign him. He has just apologised on twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Just posted it on the other thread for the craic, there and seen it her now. Yeah, thank jaysus something at least semi-realistic is coming from him.

Glad he didn't stick with the whole, "what bite?", Monty Pythonesque defence.

Club should ask what apology? and refuse to sell him.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Invertpyramid

"suffered the physical result of a bite in the collision..."
    "I deeply regret what occurred.."

Some nice politician speak there. "I didn't bite him but he suffered the physical result of a bite when I collided with him." Ridiculous.

It's a step in the right direction but he still hasn't actually admitted to biting him. It must be a mental block or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i love how he can't just say "sorry for biting Chiellini".

absolutely ridiculous really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

BrYeW3wCYAAyFih.jpg

He's not leaning. Definetley shopped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

The president of Uruguay called Fifa " Old sons of ******* " ?

I love that guy from Uruguay

Jose Mujica is a legend. I'm pretty sure he donates the majority of his salary to charity and lives like a regular guy on his own land and even drives an '88 Volkswagen beatle or something similar to work.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement